The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Invalid Memory Size and keep downloading 5GB...

• Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wolfess wrote: »
    Turelus wrote: »
    Hopefully we see a fix for this today.
    I will be on Icewind Dale all day again until it's fixed, but meh I wish I was in PVP with my guild right now.

Yeah, all I've wanted since yesterday afternoon was to play my new game, apparently that's too much to ask :( Getting really sad from this lack of any dev response.
    You get used to it here. ZOS is not a great company at communicating with its customers, though that might be my entitled opinion coming from EVE Online.

I'm used to issues like this being pinned to the page, with developer updates every hour to just make sure people know what's happening.
    Here it seems to take about four days to get a thread to a developer some days, again maybe I am just entitled.

For what it's worth Wolfess the game is really awesome and worth the wait, there have been a lot of rough times the last months but it's getting better every patch. Hopefully this is all fixed soon and you can enjoy the wonders the game has. :)
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
    Options
  • Wolfess
    Wolfess
    ✭✭
    @Turelus To be honest, what you describe from EVE Online is how it should be, everywhere :/ It's upsetting to see how careless ZOS seems to be when it comes to helping out paying customers.

I'm excited for the game, I just hope I can get playing fast, haha :)
    Options
  • Re4veN
    Re4veN
    Soul Shriven
    Same problem here...I hope they will fix it before the release of wow's new extension.
    Options
  • Wolfess
    Wolfess
    ✭✭
    I'm starting to lose any and all hope on that, @Re4ven
    Options
  • Wolfess
    Wolfess
    ✭✭
    Wanted to let everyone know:
    Thanks for the reports, everyone. We're investigating this now and will come back to you as soon as we have additional information. Thank you for your patience!

Options
  • ZOS_GaryA
    ZOS_GaryA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey there folks,

Thanks for the reports and for giving a try to the suggested troubleshooting so far. We're currently looking into this and we'll be sure to get back with everyone once we have more information. Thanks for your patience!
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Wolfess
    Wolfess
    ✭✭
    Thanks, @ZOS_GaryA !
    Options
  • Fernek
    Fernek
    Soul Shriven
    for fellow sufferers: a solution

1.Delite the folder \The Elder Scrolls Online EU\depot\patchdata.depot\
    2. Open file *\The Elder Scrolls Online EU\depot\_databuild\databuild.stamp by program for editing text and change:
    0.win.0.live.1076342
    2014/10/32:08:53:21

to

0.win.0.live.1080586
    2014/11/09:03:51:35

*\The Elder Scrolls Online EU\vo_en\_databuild\databuild.stamp

4000.win.1076561.live.1076342
    2014/10/32:13:08:07

to

4000.win.1080609.live.1080586
    2014/11/09:07:27:59

I make this and now at the game.

Options
  • Quoriah
    Quoriah
    ✭✭
    Fernek wrote: »
    for fellow sufferers: a solution

1.Delite the folder \The Elder Scrolls Online EU\depot\patchdata.depot\
    2. Open file *\The Elder Scrolls Online EU\depot\_databuild\databuild.stamp by program for editing text and change:
    0.win.0.live.1076342
    2014/10/32:08:53:21

to

0.win.0.live.1080586
    2014/11/09:03:51:35

*\The Elder Scrolls Online EU\vo_en\_databuild\databuild.stamp

4000.win.1076561.live.1076342
    2014/10/32:13:08:07

to

4000.win.1080609.live.1080586
    2014/11/09:07:27:59

I make this and now at the game.

Unfortunately, it might work if you have the game installed. If you don't, it won't since the game can't be installed for the EU.

Quite curious if someone tries it and has some success though.
    Options
  • AshySamurai
    AshySamurai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This file is empty. Can you share all file?
    It was filed by NULLs. Other file ok. Let's try.
    Edited by AshySamurai on November 12, 2014 3:06PM
    Make sweetrolls, not nerfs!
    Options
  • Wolfess
    Wolfess
    ✭✭
    Quoriah wrote: »
    Unfortunately, it might work if you have the game installed. If you don't, it won't since the game can't be installed for the EU.

Quite curious if someone tries it and has some success though.

Yep, and agreed!
    This file is empty. Can you share all file?
    It was filed by NULLs. Other file ok. Let's try.

Let us know, @AshySamurai !

Edited by Wolfess on November 12, 2014 3:07PM
    Options
  • AshySamurai
    AshySamurai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guys, if you want, I can share my files. But I can't post link here. We need to contact somewhere else. And I'm downloading patch now. We'll se if it works.
    Options
  • Chadwing
    Chadwing
    ✭✭
    I dislike editing game files. Though I suspect those who have not yet been able to install the game will be unable to find said file.
    Options
  • Wolfess
    Wolfess
    ✭✭
    Chadwing wrote: »
    I dislike editing game files. Though I suspect those who have not yet been able to install the game will be unable to find said file.

I must say I'm not a fan of messing with game files either.. I'll wait for the fix, just curious to know if it would work or not, actually.
    Options
  • Quoriah
    Quoriah
    ✭✭
    The version files files might be encrypted / obfuscated - i remember mine being filled with NULL as well.
    Options
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guys, if you want, I can share my files. But I can't post link here. We need to contact somewhere else. And I'm downloading patch now. We'll se if it works.

@AshySamurai that would be great other than you need to share about 32bg of files. :disagree:
    Also ZOS are pretty funny about that as they noted with the 1.5.3 mishap on Sunday.
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
    Options
  • Chadwing
    Chadwing
    ✭✭
    Keeping my patience, I have thankfully plenty to distract me. Watching videos about terrible Skyrim mods.
    Options
  • Vlasana
    Vlasana
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks Fernek , it works
    Options
  • Wolfess
    Wolfess
    ✭✭

In order to get this resolved as quickly as possible, we ask that anyone encountering this issue please submit a Game Consultant file and host.developer file to our Support Team.

Step-by-step video instructions for using the ESO Game Consultant can be found here (if you prefer written instructions, visit this article in our knowledge base).

Instructions for finding your host.developer file are available here.

Once you've created the report.txt file from the Game Consultant and located your host.developer file, head over to our support page to submit a ticket.

Describe the issue you're encountering, and under the Attach Documents section, click Choose File to attach both your Game Consultant and host.developer files (you'll need to attach them one at a time, but you will be able to attach both files to the same ticket).

Thank you in advance for providing these, as the information provided in them will help immensely to resolve this issue.

Note: For your security, please do not provide these files on the forums.

Options
  • ZOS_GaryA
    ZOS_GaryA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Newer update from AmeliaR:
    In order to get this resolved as quickly as possible, we ask that anyone encountering this issue please submit a Game Consultant file and host.developer file to our Support Team.

Step-by-step video instructions for using the ESO Game Consultant can be found here (if you prefer written instructions, visit this article in our knowledge base).

Instructions for finding your host.developer file are available here.

Once you've created the report.txt file from the Game Consultant and located your host.developer file, head over to our support page to submit a ticket.

Describe the issue you're encountering, and under the Attach Documents section, click Choose File to attach both your Game Consultant and host.developer files (you'll need to attach them one at a time, but you will be able to attach both files to the same ticket).

Thank you in advance for providing these, as the information provided in them will help immensely to resolve this issue.

Note: For your security, please do not provide these files on the forums.
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also ZOS are pretty funny about that as they noted with the 1.5.3 mishap on Sunday.
    Interesting that the 1.5.3 mishap on Sunday was only on the EU server, and this current issue with installing/updating, only on the EU server, also started on Sunday. Coincidence?
    Edited by Enodoc on November 12, 2014 3:20PM
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
    Options
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    Interesting that the 1.5.3 mishap on Sunday was only on the EU server, and this current issue with installing/updating, only on the EU server, also started on Sunday. Coincidence?

I would assume it might be something to do with that. Hopefully whatever has borked up can be fixed ASAP. Going through all the stuff now and getting ready to submit a report, fingers crossed! :grin:
    Options
  • AshySamurai
    AshySamurai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »

It's all Sheogorath's pranks! Damn you, Mad God!
    Options
  • Wolfess
    Wolfess
    ✭✭
    q4vs3luui925.jpg

Voilà, another confirmation they're really looking into it ^^
    Options
  • Chadwing
    Chadwing
    ✭✭
    So... I have like 9 host developer files (Numbered). Which one should I submit?
    Options
  • ZOS_GaryA
    ZOS_GaryA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Chadwing,

Submit all the things!
    Options
    Staff Post
  • djdado16
    djdado16
    one without number, that is your last one
    Options
  • Wolfess
    Wolfess
    ✭✭

Uhh.. How'd that happen? O.O Maybe the one with the.. latest number? Not sure O.o

Right-o, what @ZOS_GaryA said, then :D
    Edited by Wolfess on November 12, 2014 3:35PM
    Options
  • AshySamurai
    AshySamurai
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I have 3 and I submited all. Simply zip all files.
    Options
  • Chadwing
    Chadwing
    ✭✭
    ZOS_GaryA wrote: »
    @Chadwing,

Submit all the things!
    Right, i'll zip them all up together and send them.
    Options
This discussion has been closed.