The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Invalid Memory Size and keep downloading 5GB...

• vagues62
    vagues62
    Soul Shriven
    le gros problème c qu il n y a aucune réponse . j ai déjà envoyer un ticket pour avoir une réponse sans aucun rapport a ma question vive les bot avec des réponses automatique .
    par contre pour me prendre les sous il y a eu aucun problème.
    encore un grand jeu avec serveur en papier et gm inexistant.
    Options
  • Selder
    Selder
    Soul Shriven
    i just checked my email and i got a 3 day compensation code so thats good
    Options
  • Selder
    Selder
    Soul Shriven
    oh, didnt even have to put the code in, they did it themselves got one day extra if it gets fixed today. else tomorrow and i got my days on even
    Options
  • AshySamurai
    AshySamurai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Selder wrote: »

Nice! I didn't get anything yet. Seems I need to ask for it.
    Edited by AshySamurai on November 13, 2014 3:29PM
    Make sweetrolls, not nerfs!
    Options
  • Wolfess
    Wolfess
    ✭✭
    Nice one, @Selder ! I've asked if there'll be compensation as a reply on 2 of my total of 4 tickets, so let's hope I get a good response like that, too..
    Options
  • Selder
    Selder
    Soul Shriven
    i didnt even ask for compensation. the guy talking to me said he knew i missed on a day so he gave me some days as compensation, his name is Jon. Good guy ^^
    Options
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i didnt even ask for compensation. the guy talking to me said he knew i missed on a day so he gave me some days as compensation, his name is Jon. Good guy ^^

This has been my experience with their CS as well. They have had a lot of bad rep for things but some of the CS staff are really amazing people who have helped my issues fast and professionally even with some good humour and banter as well.

Now... what does a bitter vet (can I be a bitter vet for a less than year old MMO?) have to do to get something nice for not being able to play. :disagree:

On the plus side the PTS is almost downloaded at last! So I can go play on the PTS for fun while I wait for a fix to go live.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
    Options
  • Selder
    Selder
    Soul Shriven
    he said he probably knows how to fix it but told me its about my connection or download speed and had to do some things like turning off antivirus and flushing out dns. but it didnt work. my connection speed is fine, also the download speed download fast. its about the launcher for sure that is broken. not opening the downloaded file when finished error 303
    Options
  • Lunasm
    Lunasm
    Soul Shriven

Ask for it? Seriously? What's next - bending over and "spreading the cheeks"?
    When you're buying a triple A game from a company as large as this - you expect a quality product worthy of it's title and price. We're not talking about some 1 dollar indie game from steam early access, that's been coded by a novice over night - we're talking about a game that's been developed, tested and published by professionals. And I want to see that professional quality and not some half arsed tech demo that crashes every other patch.
    Options
  • AshySamurai
    AshySamurai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lunasm wrote: »

Ask for it? Seriously? What's next - bending over and "spreading the cheeks"?
    When you're buying a triple A game from a company as large as this - you expect a quality product worthy of it's title and price. We're not talking about some 1 dollar indie game from steam early access, that's been coded by a novice over night - we're talking about a game that's been developed, tested and published by professionals. And I want to see that professional quality and not some half arsed tech demo that crashes every other patch.

Tru story, bro. We all expecting good service, but sometimes reality hit us like a train. Most time CS resond fast and they are very polite. This time I waited any answer more than 12 hours.
    Options
  • Nimrael
    Nimrael
    ✭✭
    Sooo... Any idea when this is getting fixed?

Been like 3 days now, can't even install after re-subbing.

(joke's on me, yes)
    Options
  • AshySamurai
    AshySamurai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nimrael wrote: »
    Sooo... Any idea when this is getting fixed?

Been like 3 days now, can't even install after re-subbing.

(joke's on me, yes)

I hope it will be fixed by tomorrow's patch.
    Options
  • Ninaran
    Ninaran
    Soul Shriven
    Man if I could at least download the game, I'd be a little less upset. But having to wait just to download it is just.. blegh. Three days of waiting, one day of downloading.. and all the while my gametime runs.
    Options
  • darkgritty
    darkgritty
    Soul Shriven
    he said he probably knows how to fix it but told me its about my connection or download speed and had to do some things like turning off antivirus and flushing out dns. but it didnt work.

Is the problem solved? No. CS can be nice and polite fellas as much as they want, but if the problem is NOT fixed - it doesn't really matter. So being nice means finding solutions fast. I don't write to CS to feel myself important and respected, or because I need attention. I do it because I need result - a working launcher. Or at least some temporary method of downloading game client which will allow me to play the game.
    Options
  • Keepoint
    Keepoint
    Soul Shriven
    Bought the game yesterday and can't download due to being plagued by this issue, hope Zenimax get a fix out soon as I'm DYING to play this!
    Options
  • Nhayara
    Nhayara
    I think I have something like 3 tickets submited.
    One for the initial problem report before finding it on forum.
    One because forum administrators created one for me.
    One because I submited my hostfile and report.

And still not have any anwers, after near 2 days. So, I don't believe I will be compensated ever.
    Options
  • Lunasm
    Lunasm
    Soul Shriven
    darkgritty wrote: »
    he said he probably knows how to fix it but told me its about my connection or download speed and had to do some things like turning off antivirus and flushing out dns. but it didnt work.

Is the problem solved? No. CS can be nice and polite fellas as much as they want, but if the problem is NOT fixed - it doesn't really matter. So being nice means finding solutions fast. I don't write to CS to feel myself important and respected, or because I need attention. I do it because I need result - a working launcher. Or at least some temporary method of downloading game client which will allow me to play the game.

Community managers job is to be nice and polite, so they are doing their jobs perfectly. Wish I could say the same about the development team...
    Options
  • darkgritty
    darkgritty
    Soul Shriven
    Community managers job is to be nice and polite, so they are doing their jobs perfectly.

Was I writing about community manager? No. Or you think that customer support and community manager are the same jobs? I don't think so.
    Options
  • Lunasm
    Lunasm
    Soul Shriven
    darkgritty wrote: »
    Community managers job is to be nice and polite, so they are doing their jobs perfectly.

Was I writing about community manager? No. Or you think that customer support and community manager are the same jobs? I don't think so.

No, I simply misunderstood you and thought you were talking about the blokes on the forums.
    Options
  • Redfer
    Redfer
    ✭✭
    *sigh* I've been going since open beta, and despite all the crashes and problems this game has had, this is the first time I can recall that it refuses to start at all.
    Options
  • ZOS_GaryA
    ZOS_GaryA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey there folks,

We just wanted to provide you with a quick update. We have identified the cause of the issue, and we are currently working on a fix. Thanks to everyone that submitted their host developer and game consultant files! We'll be sure to provide another update when we receive an ETA on the fix, or when it is live. Thanks for everyone's patience.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Quoriah
    Quoriah
    ✭✭
    Sounds like it won't be with the next patch for the EU client unless that patch is set for next week :(

(purely my own gutfeel though I do hope I am wrong)
    Options
  • Wolfess
    Wolfess
    ✭✭
    ZOS_GaryA wrote: »
    Hey there folks,

We just wanted to provide you with a quick update. We have identified the cause of the issue, and we are currently working on a fix. Thanks to everyone that submitted their host developer and game consultant files! We'll be sure to provide another update when we receive an ETA on the fix, or when it is live. Thanks for everyone's patience.

Thanks @ZOS_GaryA for the update :) I hope we get a fix soon! Will we get our lost game time compensated?
    Options
  • andyh
    andyh
    Soul Shriven
    I´m one of those who just (yesterday) bought the game and got this error. I sent support ticket 141113-000145 with ESO Game Consultant file and host.developer file and got some generic answer to that.

By the way this is my first paid month in mmorpg and it didn´t begin very well. Before this I´ve played only f2p mmorpgs and got zero problems;).
    Options
  • Wolfess
    Wolfess
    ✭✭
    andyh wrote: »
    I´m one of those who just (yesterday) bought the game and got this error. I sent support ticket 141113-000145 with ESO Game Consultant file and host.developer file and got some generic answer to that.

By the way this is my first paid month in mmorpg and it didn´t begin very well. Before this I´ve played only f2p mmorpgs and got zero problems;).

We're all in the same boat, dude. Some of us bought the game 3 days or more ago and haven't been able to play all that time.
    Options
  • Nhayara
    Nhayara
    What is an ETA ?
    Options
  • Wolfess
    Wolfess
    ✭✭
    Nhayara wrote: »
    What is an ETA ?

"Estimated time of arrival".
    Options
  • BTOG46
    BTOG46
    ✭✭
    At least now we have some official response about the fix other than my post earlier with the reply I got on twitter.
    Options
  • AlBear
    AlBear
    Soul Shriven
    Seems like all they'll need to do is include the game along with the patch when they update tonight. *fingers crossed*
    Options
  • AlBear
    AlBear
    Soul Shriven
    Uploaded the files to them, support ticket 141112-000682. I'm hoping for some compensation for the game time lost. I haven't yet set foot into the game. :(
    Options
This discussion has been closed.