The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Would you like a cross-faction area?

MornaBaine
MornaBaine
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Imagine an island of skooma dens, taverns, houses of ill-repute and dangerous dark alleys. Full of people who will offer you gold to help them pull off shady deals. Here you can meet and mingle and exchange exotic black market goods with men and mer from literally all over the world. Tis a lawless and dangerous place where you can drink with your enemies from other factions and encourage them to turn traitor... where that Daggerfall Covenant hero can meet secretly with his Aldemeri Dominion sweetheart who works for Razum Dar... where everyone is out from under the eyes of their respective kingdoms. Would you want to visit such a place? Or would you avoid it like the plague?
Edited by MornaBaine on November 6, 2014 11:13PM
PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Would you like a cross-faction area? 669 votes

I would love such a cross-faction zone where players from all factions can interact and talk with each other and group for dungeons and other group content in the zone.
73% 491 votes
No! Die (insert enemy faction name here) scum! I would never drink with you!
13% 89 votes
I'd like some other sort of cross-faction content/implementation that I will describe in detail in the comment section.
6% 46 votes
Will these dens of iniquity be serving sweetrolls?
6% 43 votes
  • Blud
    Blud
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As long as the pvp stays in Cyrodiil or some arena.

I know a lot of pvp-ers want open world pvp and chances to gank and grief, but I'm not interested in that. Who would keep the relative "law and order" in this RP scenario of yours, OP?

There could be an arena in such an area that could allow cross-faction fighting.
    Edited by Blud on November 6, 2014 11:18PM
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blud wrote: »
    As long as the pvp stays in Cyrodiil or some arena.

I know a lot of pvp-ers want open world pvp and chances to gank and grief, but I'm not interested in that. Who would keep law and order in this RP scenario of yours, OP?

There could be an arena in such an area that could allow cross-faction fighting.

Oh I imagine some crime kingpin would be running the show and his thugs would be ubiquitous. LOL It would need to be a PvE area, definitely. That's what would actually make it fun. We can kill each other all day long in Cyrodil (also fun!) so we don't need that aspect of play brought in here. But an arena where anyone could fight anyone, same faction or different faction from themselves, and BETTING were enabled, would be truly awesome!

• whiteshadow711jppreub18_ESO
    whiteshadow711jppreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would love this..

It would be awesome, I could have a ale with AOE Barbecue and we could trade stories... of course it might end up like this..

LINK

But we could eat and drink and have a good time too.. :smiley:
    Signed, Kotaro Atani.PS5 NA
    VR16/ CP 160 Khajiit Nightblade of the Aldmeri Dominion, Guildmaster and Assassin of the Queen's Hand guild on NA PC. PvP Officer in the WOLF guild on NA PS5, and of course Master Thief. Currently 3120 CP out of 3600 CP on NA PS5. Currently 810 CP on NA PC (used for PTS testing purposes only). On PS5 I am also a Master Crafter, all traits done and learned, Jewelry crafting done. all Motifs learned on PS5 except for maybe two-three Motifs. Both Companions are Max level as are their Skills.Warrior, Lover, Thief.... Nightblade. Aldmeri Dominion For Life! For the Queen!! Go Dominion or go home ! "I have no hatred for the races of Man, but they are young. Like all children, they are driven by emotion. They lack the wisdom that comes with age. I would sooner place an Altmer infant on the Ruby Throne than surrender Tamriel to their capricious whims. The Altmer, the Bosmer and the Khajiit share the common traits of intelligence, patience and reason. We do not seek riches or plunder. Domination is not our goal, nor is the acclamation of power for its own sake. Today we make our stand. Today we take back the Ruby Throne, which is ours by ancient right and the blessings of the Divines. Stand with us." ―Your Queen Commands, Ayrenn Arana Aldmeri.(All 18 characters are AD only! This one is a AD Loyalist)Member of ESO Since January 29, 2014, started early Access 3/30/14 on PC, currently subbed on NA PS5 and on NA PC. Note- I only use PC for PTS testing purposes, the PS5 is my dedicated Game Platform.Note- for those that don't know how to say Kotaro Atani it's "Ko tar row Ah ta ni" (Ko with a Oh sound, tar which sounds like the sticky black tar stuff, row like rowing a boat, Ah with a AHHHH sound, Ta with a Tahhh sound, Neeee which sounds like knee)"The blowing sands of time wipe clean the footprints of the past...""Moonsugar may be the key to paradise, but it is through a false door...""A perfect society is always elsewhere..."- Unknown book of Khajiiti proverbs.
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eat (sweetrolls), drink, and be merry, for tomorrow we die at each others' hands!
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would love this..

It would be awesome, I could have a ale with AOE Barbecue and we could trade stories... of course it might end up like this..

LINK

But we could eat and drink and have a good time too.. :smiley:

LOL I don't even like wrestling and I found that pretty funny. Imagine the betting that would go on with AD vs DC characters duking it out in the arena. This might be the one place where dueling should ALSO be enabled in some fashion.

• Leeric
    Leeric
    ✭✭✭✭
    There is no reason they shouldn't have a cross faction zone. Im already doing work for these other scum because of fool ass cadwell lol
  • WraithAzraiel
    WraithAzraiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was under the impression, before launch, due to an interview of Paul Sage by Massively.com, that we would be able to do just that at max level.

Here's a link to the article: http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/03/19/the-elder-scrolls-online-interview-paul-sage/

And the excerpt from the article that made me believe as I did:
    I was curious to hear Sage's take on the impact of three-way PvP, and he agreed that the studio had to make some concessions in order for players to feel a certain allegiance to their faction. We were told during an open Q&A session that communication across factions won't be permitted. At this point, I started to get nervous about a possible design misstep because splitting your playerbase into thirds can be detrimental when you're trying to get a group together for any cooperative activity, such as a dungeon run.

Sage assuaged most of my fears, however, when he mentioned that once you hit level 50 and decide to play in another alliance's areas, you'll be able to play with friends in that faction. So at the endgame, things begin to open up and you can group up, chat, and run dungeons with players of other factions. The one area where things remain separate is, of course, the Alliance War in Cyrodiil.

False advertising? Clever wording on the part of the Great and Powerful Sage + misunderstanding on the part of Mr. Procopio? Or something that has simply not been gotten around to yet?

I wonder these things.

@ZOS_GinaBruno‌ @ZOS_JessicaFolsom‌ @ZOS_PaulSage‌ could any of you shed any light on this?
    Shendell De'Gull - V14 Vampire Nightblade

Captain of the Black Howling

"There's no such thing as overkill..."

"No problem on the face of the Earth exists what can't be fixed with the proper application of enough duct tape and 550 cord."

P2PBetaTesters
    #Tamriel_BETA_Team
    #BETA_TESTER4LYF
    DominionMasterRace
    #GOAHEADTHEYGOTCANDY
    #SEEMSLEGIT
  • Esha76
    Esha76
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it would be a huge asset to be able to do cross-faction PvE group content. Even if just within guild members only.
    "There is no moisture in your angry stares." - Laughs-at-All
    "I don't know why I bother guarding you horrible people." - Orama Sadas
    "Scales here is about to have a really bad day..." - Valeric
    "Just tell me what you're doing here before I turn your heart into a tomato..." - Sereyne
    "Break those rocks! Dig those ditches! Why??? Because I want you to!!!" - Ifriz the Unraveller
    "There are worse masters than I. Far worse." - Molag Bal
    "I humiliated the Daedra in Mehrunes Spite." - You, when turning in a specific Undaunted Daily.
    "I'm not finding you very pleasant!" - Adla the Brewer
    "Old Ri'hirr likes his birds slow and stupid!" - Old Ri'hirr
    "When things get dirty... Oh, I get so flustered." - Meredil the Archivist
    "Too many Argonians about these days..." - Davon's Watch Guard (though I think this one has been removed from game)
  • SteveCampsOut
    SteveCampsOut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it should also be a place where the Dualist can get their Dual on as long as they can't force anyone else to participate. I hate Dueling but I support the rights of others to partake if they so desire. What's better than a good ol' bar fight after all?
    @ֆȶɛʋɛƈǟʍքֆօʊȶ ʀʋʟɨʄɛ⍟
    Sanguine & Psijic Group Beta Tester.
    Steve's Craftiness Find out what I can make for you at my Google Doc Spreadsheet.
    Pacrooti's Hirelings Website:
    pacrootis.enjin.com/

NA Server:
    Steforax Soulstrong CH782 Sorcerer AD
    Grumpy Kahjiti CH782 Dragonknight AD
    Rheticia Le Drakisius CH782 Nightblade DC
    Razmuzan Thrasmas CH782 Templar EP
    Sheenara Soulstrong CH782 Dragonknight DC
    Erik Ramzey CH782 Nightblade AD
    Growling Kahjiti CH782 Nightblade EP
    One of Many Faces CH782 Sorcerer DC
    Grumpasaurus Rex CH782 Warden DC
    EU Server:
    Guildmaster of Pacrooti's Hirelings AD Based LGBT Friendly Guild.
    Stefrex Souliss CH701 Sorcerer AD
    Grumpy Kahjiti CH701 Dragonknight DC
    Slithisi Ksissi CH701 Nightblade EP
    Pokes-With-Fire CH701 Dragonknight AD
    Josie-The-Pussi-Cat CH701 Templar AD
    Stug-Grog M'God CH701 Templar DC
    One With Many Faces CH701 Nightblade DC
    Trixie Truskan CH701 Sorcerer EP
    Grumpetasaurus Rex CH701 Warden EP
    ESO Plus status: Canceled!
  • Deheart
    Deheart
    ✭✭✭
    I would much rather an open world pvp. Keep the factions separate, unless they do a reputation gains/loss thing where you can actually change factions, then that would be cool.
    As a casual player I was satisfied that at one point I had a char max level and near max crafting with almost all motifs and I pretty much lost interest. Then ESO discovered DLC's and now my main is just a wanabe and I am happily pulled back into the game.
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Deheart wrote: »
    I would much rather an open world pvp. Keep the factions separate, unless they do a reputation gains/loss thing where you can actually change factions, then that would be cool.

If they had done different servers and there was an open world PvP server that would have been fine. Unfortunately the behavior of a sizable portion of the PvP community makes this not at all fun for a lot of players.

• WraithAzraiel
    WraithAzraiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Deheart wrote: »

You'd have people leaving the game in droves as the lulpvp'ers took up residence. ZOS would collapse and the game would die.

Bad idea.

"No problem on the face of the Earth exists what can't be fixed with the proper application of enough duct tape and 550 cord."

P2PBetaTesters
    #Tamriel_BETA_Team
    #BETA_TESTER4LYF
    DominionMasterRace
    #GOAHEADTHEYGOTCANDY
    #SEEMSLEGIT
  • BBSooner
    BBSooner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd love a zone where the factions mingled. I also wish the VR zones highlighted the alliance war post-Molag Bal a little more. Not necessarily PvP, but PvE developments pertaining to the alliance war. As of now, despite being one of the main driving plotlines throughout 1-50, it feels foreign in PvE zones.
  • AssaultLemming
    AssaultLemming
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would settle for the group finder matching cross factions for dungeons
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was under the impression, before launch, due to an interview of Paul Sage by Massively.com, that we would be able to do just that at max level.

Here's a link to the article: http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/03/19/the-elder-scrolls-online-interview-paul-sage/

And the excerpt from the article that made me believe as I did:
    I was curious to hear Sage's take on the impact of three-way PvP, and he agreed that the studio had to make some concessions in order for players to feel a certain allegiance to their faction. We were told during an open Q&A session that communication across factions won't be permitted. At this point, I started to get nervous about a possible design misstep because splitting your playerbase into thirds can be detrimental when you're trying to get a group together for any cooperative activity, such as a dungeon run.

Sage assuaged most of my fears, however, when he mentioned that once you hit level 50 and decide to play in another alliance's areas, you'll be able to play with friends in that faction. So at the endgame, things begin to open up and you can group up, chat, and run dungeons with players of other factions. The one area where things remain separate is, of course, the Alliance War in Cyrodiil.

False advertising? Clever wording on the part of the Great and Powerful Sage + misunderstanding on the part of Mr. Procopio? Or something that has simply not been gotten around to yet?

I wonder these things.

@ZOS_GinaBruno‌ @ZOS_JessicaFolsom‌ @ZOS_PaulSage‌ could any of you shed any light on this?

Wow, I really wonder about this as well. If it was the plan all along, why don't we have it yet? Or at least have heard SOMETHING about its development at this point!

• WraithAzraiel
    WraithAzraiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So any word on this ZOS? And why hasn't anyone asked this question during an ESO Live episode?

We need to make this happen.

P2PBetaTesters
    #Tamriel_BETA_Team
    #BETA_TESTER4LYF
    DominionMasterRace
    #GOAHEADTHEYGOTCANDY
    #SEEMSLEGIT
  • Morana
    Morana
    ✭✭✭
    I miss cross-faction RP.
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So any word on this ZOS? And why hasn't anyone asked this question during an ESO Live episode?

We need to make this happen.

It would be incredibly fun but I'm sure there's probably some "technical issue" that prevents it. Someone SHOULD ask on the next livestream though. But as I'm pretty sure they will never ask another question of mine ever again it'll have to come from someone else. LOL

• deleted221205-002626
    deleted221205-002626
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would think it wouldnt be hard to turn dmg off in such a zone. It would be awesome to have a pub or something where we could hang and verbally abuse eachother face to face lol. Thats what would happen often but some good stuff too im sure and if you dont like it you of course dont need to be there. I vote yes totally :)
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would think it wouldnt be hard to turn dmg off in such a zone. It would be awesome to have a pub or something where we could hang and verbally abuse eachother face to face lol. Thats what would happen often but some good stuff too im sure and if you dont like it you of course dont need to be there. I vote yes totally :)

I'd also look forward to the shopping! You should be able to purchase goods from all the zones there in the market place but prices would be higher as these would be "black market" goods.

And you KNOW the writers would have an absolute field day creating dialogue for all those shady NPCs!

• Louis
    Louis
    ✭✭✭
    we can all be friends and talk about our feelings towards zos in this area

support
    alot of people look at this signature, i guess youre one of them.
  • RDMyers65b14_ESO
    RDMyers65b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be great for RP. I could see the potential.

BUT, I can also see how it would be abused.

I am still waiting for the server instances with like minded people that was promised in the year leading up to the release.

Think about it... an instance where the names are thematic and there was consequences for the IC actions. I guess we can dream.
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be great for RP. I could see the potential.

BUT, I can also see how it would be abused.

I am still waiting for the server instances with like minded people that was promised in the year leading up to the release.

Think about it... an instance where the names are thematic and there was consequences for the IC actions. I guess we can dream.

It is a roleplayer's dream, of course, but how do you think it would be abused?

• Imryll
    Imryll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A roleplayer's dream, indeed! In addition to the skooma dens, etc. I'd hope that it would also include larger group meeting and performance spaces.
  • crislevin
    crislevin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wouldn't island of eyevea a good place?
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would love such a cross-faction zone where players from all factions can interact and talk with each other and group for dungeons and other group content in the zone.

yes that's what i voted.
    it's called Vvardenfell, open world pvp. not hard to implement.
  • phreatophile
    phreatophile
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    crislevin wrote: »
    Wouldn't island of eyevea a good place?

Both the Mage's Guild and the Fighter's Guild with their neutral stance should have neutral territory where non-combat cross-faction interactions are possible. When we have the Dark Brotherhood and Thieves Guild, these guilds should as well. A Freeport Pirate Isle would be perfect.
  • phreatophile
    phreatophile
    ✭✭✭✭✭

yes that's what i voted.
    it's called Vvardenfell, open world pvp. not hard to implement.

Big fat no to open world PVP. A lot of us would prefer not to be ego fodder for PVPers who won't stick to players who actually want to fight with them. There simply will not be any peaceful RP there if griefers can come bust it up anytime they like. The point of an idea like this one is social.

Keep the aggressive antisocial behavior in it's playpen. It's fun when you want to fight, though.
  • JessieColt
    JessieColt
    ✭✭✭✭
    While for me personally, it isn't necessary to have a cross faction zone, I would like cross faction dungeons.

Any instanced groups dungeon should permit cross faction grouping.

Since guilds are cross faction, instanced grouping should also be cross faction.
  • qiyamatawilrwb17_ESO
    after the cross faction vet zones are done and/or you hit v12 the entire map should be shared.