The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Crown Crates no longer giftable?

• arch1t3ct
    arch1t3ct
    ✭✭✭
    cerffgy wrote: »
    Well, lets wait until May 22 to receive no details at all about what is going on and being asked to wait, again.

Top tier communication. :)))

May 22 be like: "ummm so yeah thank you for your patience, team is still monitoring, we will have another update regarding crown crates gifting scheduled no earlier than May 29th"
  • Mastercris91
    Mastercris91
    ✭✭
    Simple question: why was the fix distributed to all realms if only pc is turned off?
    Why is only PC turned off if all servers are affected?
    Hail Sithis
  • Pepegrillos
    Pepegrillos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [snip]
    It also has the effect of encouraging people to spend the crowns they have (which they might've saved for the new chapter's launch, skill lines for a new class character, etc.). The Crown Store follows a similar strategy when they add very expensive, gem-exclusive items. It encourages whales to spend their gems just before a new crown-crate season starts. It's made that way so they can't buy everything in the new crates with the gems they have (have to buy new crowns).

Anyone who has had any sight of game monetization knows this. It might be just a side-effect of a "bug" related to crate-gifting, but these are some of the side effects.

[Edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Lunar on May 18, 2023 12:02PM
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    [snip]

Hi hi. I think the burden of proof is on people who say everyone is being lied to and tricked for profit, not on people taking straightforward claims at face value. Otherwise it's just outsiders saying "what if" and playing on people's fears and sense of injustice—like many conspiracy theories.

Honestly my approach is just to wait because this is something out of my control. If I miss out on some cosmetics, that's just too bad and a bit of a downer. I've honestly been reflecting on how much cosmetics are worth farming for? Weird side effect of being denied instant gratification lol.

Not looking forward to the potential Crown-buying scramble if it gets fixed in time lol.

[Edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Lunar on May 18, 2023 12:02PM
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner
  • seraphiym
    seraphiym
    Soul Shriven
    The least the community ask and deserve i think is communication. Tell us what is going on, instead of letting people hope every week for a fix that will probably happend in a month or so.

We all remember that block glitch which took months to fix, and with the same mecanics of making everyone angry every week because we hoped and trust it was going to be fixed quickly.

Please don't make this happen again.

:)
  • WiseSky
    WiseSky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Here is my summery:

March 13: The company acknowledges the issue and is investigating, but the investigation is complicated due to platform differences.

March 17: No change regarding gifting, as the issue is still being investigated and the complexity of platforms is causing delays.

March 24: The company assures that crate gifting will not be eliminated but acknowledges the complexity of the issue and the team's ongoing efforts to solve it.

March 29: The team continues to work on the bug, but there is no specific ETA for a resolution yet.

April 3: No new updates; waiting for the team to have a fix ready and deploy it.

April 5: The team is working on the issue but wants to be confident in the fix's timeline before providing more information.

April 6: The company has identified the issue and plans to roll out a fix within the next couple of weeks.

April 20: The team is still working on a fix and addressing other pending issues before providing a specific date.

April 25: The team is testing additional fixes and will provide an update on May 3.

April 27: Gifting was briefly enabled but unintentionally, and it has been disabled again.

May 3: A prospective fix is being tested, and a deployment date will be scheduled once testing concludes.

May 10: A fix was deployed, and the team is evaluating its effectiveness and reviewing results.

May 15: Initial results look promising, and further updates will be shared on May 22.
    Edited by WiseSky on May 17, 2023 4:25AM
    Immersive Quests Addon
    Wish to Quest without Quest Way Markers? ''Talk to the Hooded Figure'' Turns into ''Talk to the Hooded Figure, who is feeding the chickens near the southeastern gate in the city of Daggerfall in Glenumbra.'' If you Wish To write bread crumbs clues for quest for other players to experience come join the team!
    List of Immersion Addons
  • ZOS_Volpe
    ZOS_Volpe
    admin
    Hi.

There have been a few more baiting and bashing comments that had to be removed from this discussion. We understand your frustrations with the Crown Crates gifting issue however any discussion on the subject must remain civil, constructive, and within the rules.

Please feel free to check out the Dev Tracker, as you can see every update post we have on this issue.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Edited by ZOS_Volpe on May 17, 2023 4:57PM
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This thread perfectly encapsulates why we have bugs not fixed for years and simple numerical fixes needing months to be deployed. Pretty insightful.
  • KV_Tootn
    KV_Tootn
    ✭✭✭
    At the start we cared that we can gift crates. Me and my guildie friends. But then we noticed that we dont even care aboout them anymore. We got over it.. we just wont buy them nor gift them... For me its over. Let the whales feed the system. 3 monts into fixing a problem...... Good bussines plan. Its not bashing... It is what it is, the truth.
    Ork * Templar * CP1554 * DPS*Tank*
    High elf*Sorcerer*DPS
    High elf*arcanist*ddps
  • Zyva
    Zyva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the truth hurts.

Its more a matter of principle now. I dont want to give up on wanting this feature.I want things for my house that are locked behind gambling on loot crates.

But most of all, I just want the truth. Which I think is where a lot of people are. We feel lied to. And nothing is worse than simply being silenced.
    Zyvä (Nightblade) ~ Purricâne (Sorcerer) ~ Boñfürr (Dragonknight) ~ Cätnïp (Warden) ~ Boñespùrr (Necromancer)~ Catsänova (Templar)
  • muscle_witch
    muscle_witch
    ✭✭✭✭
    A timeline of the bug/dev response, for anyone who'd like a tl;dr-ish compilation
    March 3/Start of thread:
    Hi everyone! We are aware and investigating. Thank you.

March 5:
    ZOS_Icy wrote: »
    Greetings,

This thread has been moved to the Crown Store & ESO Plus section, as it is better suited there.

March 13:
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    Hi all, we are aware and continuing to investigate this. There are some differences between the platforms that makes our investigation a little more complex. Thank you for your patience.

March 17:
    Hi all, just here to follow up on my post from Monday. This issue is still being investigated. So no change has been made regarding enabling gifting. As stated before, there are some differences between the platforms that makes our investigation a little more complex. When this is resolved, we will let everyone know when gifting will be enabled again. Thank you for your patience.

March 24:
    oversleeps wrote: »
    @ZOS_Kevin
    with still no info people are beginning to think this is on purpose, to get rid of crate gifting. Can you at least confirm or deny this if you cannot give an ETA?

We are not getting rid of crate gifting. As stated before, the issue our team is working to solve is a bit complex. So it is taking a bit of time to get through. We still do not have an ETA to share, but the team is working towards solving this solution as soon as they can.

March 29:
    We checked in with the team this morning and they are still working out the bug here. We understand this is frustrating, especially with a new crate. They are hoping to have this resolved soon, but once we get a solid ETA, we will let everyone know.

March 30:
    ZOS_Lunar wrote: »
    Hello!

We've removed some posts from this thread as they violated our rules on conspiracy theories and bashing. We do not permit the bashing of individuals (including ZeniMax employees), groups, or other companies on our forums. We believe that doing so is neither constructive nor in spirit of our game and community. We understand that everyone has their own opinions they want to express, but we also want the forums to be a constructive platform for ESO and its community.

Thank you for your understanding, and please keep the Community Rules in mind when posting on the forums.

April 3:
    any news please? @ZOS_Kevin

Unfortunately, no new updates. Still waiting to hear back when the team has a fix ready and when it will be ready to be deployed.

April 5:
    Hi All, this was posted in another thread today, but we wanted to share it here as well.
    @ZOS_Kevin Hey man sorry to ping you, but we really need updates on the crate gifting and Gem deconstruction bugs.

No need to apologize. We're trying to get more information to relay. However, the team wants to be confident in the date for a fix before letting everyone know. In both cases, the issue has been found and the team is working toward a solution. For the gem deconstruction, we did post current next steps until the fix is live. You can see that here. Once we have a more solid timeline for a fix, we'll be sure to let everyone know.

April 6:
    We wanted to provide an update on the issue where Crown Crates are not currently giftable in-game on PC. We have identified the issue and are working on a fix that we hope to roll out in the next couple weeks. We appreciate everyone's patience. Once we have a date for the fix, or if it will take longer than a couple weeks, we will let you know.

April 13:
    Hello!

We've removed some posts from this thread for violating our rules on Bashing and Conspiracy Theories. As stated by Kevin, a fix will be coming in the next couple weeks.

We encourage you to share feedback, suggestions, and requests with us, but we expect all of our community members to refrain from resorting to insults. Thank you for your understanding, and please keep the Community Rules in mind when posting on the forums.

April 20:
    Hello!

We've removed some posts from this thread as they violated our rules on bashing and conspiracy theories. We understand that everyone has their own opinions they want to express, but we also want the forums to be a constructive platform for ESO and its community.

Thank you for your understanding, and please keep the Community Rules in mind when posting on the forums.
    Hi All,

Sorry for the delay here. I was going for the ESO celebrations and have been catching up on a lot of messages.

We are still working on getting a roll out plan for this issue. We still have a few issues pending on our end before we can issue out a date for a fix. In the meantime, we have raised the increased concern from all of you about this issue to our team working on this. We'll continue to follow up and check with the team so that we can provide an ETA as soon as we can. Thanks for your patience on this issue as we continue to work toward a solution.

April 22:
    ZOS_Icy wrote: »
    Greetings,

We have recently removed some unnecessary back and forth from this thread. This is a reminder to keep the discussion civil and constructive. Please keep our Community Rules in mind moving forward.

April 25:
    Hi all, we have an update on Crown Crate gifting. Currently, the team is working on testing a few more fixes to address the issues going on with Crown Crate gifting. These tests will take a few days to complete and review. We will follow back up on Wednesday, May 3, with an update on where we are regarding a fix. As always, thank you for your patience regarding this topic.

April 26:
    Greetings everyone!

We've removed a few posts from this thread as they violated our rules regarding conspiracy theories and discussing disciplinary action. We understand that everyone has their own opinions that they want to express, especially around ongoing issues, but we also want the forums to be a constructive platform for ESO and its community.

Best regards,
    ZOS_Phoenix

April 27:
    Hello!

We've removed some posts from this thread as they violated our community rules on conspiracy theories and baiting. It’s okay and very normal to disagree with others, and even to debate, but provoking conflict, baiting, inciting, mocking, etc. is never acceptable in the official The Elder Scrolls Online community. If you do not have something constructive or meaningful to add to a discussion, we strongly recommend you refrain from posting in that thread, and find another discussion to participate in instead.

Hi all. As some of you have pointed out, gifting was briefly turned back on for PC NA while we were doing some testing. It was not intentional to remain on and has since been disabled again. We'll let everyone know when gifting is back on and officially available for everyone.

May 3:
    Hi All. As noted previously, we want to provide an update on the next steps toward getting Crown Crate gifting back online on PC. We currently have a prospective fix currently being tested. Once testing concludes, we will schedule a date for the fix's deploy ASAP. This fix will also include a configuration change that lowers the login timer when switching between NA and EU (or EU and NA) realms back to what it used to be. We will follow up with an update next week to update on our progress here. Thank you for your continued patience.

May 5:
    ZOS_Volpe wrote: »
    Greetings,

We have removed some baiting comments as well as some back and forth that was disruptive. Please ensure you are treating others with respect on the forums even when they have views that differ from your own. If there may be any questions in regards to the rules, please feel free to review them here.

May 10:
    Hi all. We have an update regarding Crown Crate gifting and where we are in the process outlined last week. Yesterday, we deployed a fix related to the ongoing Crown Crate gifting issue. We are currently evaluating if the fix fully resolved the issue, and reviewing results as quickly as possible. We will have another update for you no later than Monday, May 15.
    Greetings,

As we had to remove some additional quitting and non-constructive comments from this thread, we would like to ask everyone to keep posts on the subject at hand, as well as keeping things civil and constructive.

May 15:
    Thank you once again for your patience while we work on the issue with Crown Crate gifting. As a reminder, on May 9 we pushed a back-end update to all six realms during maintenance. While initial results look good, we are still monitoring. We will share our next update and more details with you on Monday, May 22.
    Greetings,

After removing some unnecessary back and forth from this thread, we would like everyone to keep posts on the subject at hand, civil, and constructive.

If there may be any questions in regards to the rules, please feel free to review them here

May 17:
    Hi.

There have been a few more baiting and bashing comments that had to be removed from this discussion. We understand your frustrations with the Crown Crates gifting issue however any discussion on the subject must remain civil, constructive, and within the rules.

Please feel free to check out the Dev Tracker, as you can see every update post we have on this issue.

Updated version posted as of 20/06/23
    Edited by muscle_witch on June 20, 2023 6:45AM
  • Destai
    Destai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hi all. We have an update regarding Crown Crate gifting and where we are in the process outlined last week. Yesterday, we deployed a fix related to the ongoing Crown Crate gifting issue. We are currently evaluating if the fix fully resolved the issue, and reviewing results as quickly as possible. We will have another update for you no later than Monday, May 15.

Kevin, what was specifically broken with gifting crown crates? If it's a risk to share why, can you share that when you provide the next update?
  • BeWare94
    BeWare94
    ✭✭
    Still ungiftable?
  • Zyva
    Zyva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yes
    Zyvä (Nightblade) ~ Purricâne (Sorcerer) ~ Boñfürr (Dragonknight) ~ Cätnïp (Warden) ~ Boñespùrr (Necromancer)~ Catsänova (Templar)
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Destai wrote: »

Kevin, what was specifically broken with gifting crown crates? If it's a risk to share why, can you share that when you provide the next update?

I know the problem started after an update, so it may be code-related only on PC. Which code, I have no idea.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • heinousmoz
    heinousmoz
    ✭✭✭
    The problem was first noticed on 3rd March which was a Friday. It seems unlikely the issue is related to any update.
  • The_one_i_seek
    The_one_i_seek
    ✭✭✭
    @WuffyCerulei no, not after update
  • iPlayOnlyESO
    iPlayOnlyESO
    ✭✭✭
    If I were ZOS, I would add crown gifting feature to https://account.elderscrollsonline.com/
  • ProudMary
    ProudMary
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zyva wrote: »
    the truth hurts.

Its more a matter of principle now. I dont want to give up on wanting this feature.I want things for my house that are locked behind gambling on loot crates.

But most of all, I just want the truth. Which I think is where a lot of people are. We feel lied to. And nothing is worse than simply being silenced.

How hard can it be to make crown crates gift'able without the process being exploited?
  • BardokRedSnow
    BardokRedSnow
    ✭✭✭
    Fingers crossed for tomorrow but not holding breath.
  • muscle_witch
    muscle_witch
    ✭✭✭✭
    What's an appropriate gift for a three month anniversary? Asking for a friend
  • Aorys
    Aorys
    ✭✭✭✭
    What's an appropriate gift for a three month anniversary? Asking for a friend

Crown Crates obviously. Ops, I forgot.
  • Elrender
    Elrender
    ✭✭✭
    22 may is today UPDATE?
  • dragonlord500
    dragonlord500
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    its 4am EST. GM and devs are still in bed.
    Guild master of Darkness of Sanguinaris. Birthday is December 4th.
  • Mizael
    Mizael
    ✭✭✭✭
    Let's hope it's not another "see you next week", coping hard at the moment
  • tafer14
    tafer14
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    another hour with no informations

• ARKANOBOT
    ARKANOBOT
    ✭✭
    And the Scrolls have foretold, of a time when the bug plaguing the crown crates will be fixed. A time of joy and prosperity to return. A grand news bearer bringing the joyous news to the entire forums and the people in the forum and Nirn alike shall rejoice.

but that day is not today.... mostly.
  • oversleeps
    oversleeps
    ✭✭
    make or break time
  • WiseSky
    WiseSky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have a dream today!

A world where ESO players unite,
    Bug-free Crown Crate gifting, oh, what a delight!
    ZOS, with their wisdom and code so bright,
    Fixing the issue, bringing joy day and night.

Let us dream of a community in cheer,
    Sharing gifts with friends, far and near.
    No more glitches, just a seamless affair,
    Crown Crates gifted, beyond compare.

ZOS, hear our plea, mend this bug's plight,
    For a realm where players' dreams take flight.
    Together we'll make this dream come true,
    Bug fix triumph, thanks to you!

- Fun writing to read while we wait
    Immersive Quests Addon
    Wish to Quest without Quest Way Markers? ''Talk to the Hooded Figure'' Turns into ''Talk to the Hooded Figure, who is feeding the chickens near the southeastern gate in the city of Daggerfall in Glenumbra.'' If you Wish To write bread crumbs clues for quest for other players to experience come join the team!
    List of Immersion Addons
  • Spookiest
    Spookiest
    ✭✭
    Gotta say, just take a look at this thread. Players asking questions, expressing grievances, as they should. Some players ask for patience, but the amount of those has thinned over the months. ZOS literally giving the same canned answer repeatedly, but much more often giving "we're editing and fixing your comments" x10.

Even if the bug is fixed today, nothing's going to change and companies won't listen to you/fix bugs for years if you repeatedly show them that it's acceptable. To be honest it's almost hard to blame ZOS for not being more transparent/expedient about this bug fix or compensation; they're focused on their product, and if people keep paying for it even if they complain about something being broken for months, then why not just let them keep complaining while pocketing their cash?

The second half of this year is QOL updates rather than DLC, which is a promising concept. I'll definitely check in then. As of this moment, I don't care if the bug is fixed. This isn't an essential service where there is no alternative to being mistreated. It's a game and to be honest, I'd just feel like a sap if I kept paying a company that repeatedly disrespects it's paying customers when there are so many alternatives.

But that's how I feel, and everyone's got different sensitivities. I won't judge anyone for continuing to play a game that I believe has some absolutely wonderful experiences. I'll just advise that if you've been considering it...

..you can easily take a season or two off a game, time passes and if you feel like returning it's gonna be fresher than before. You don't need ESO to adventure in a fantasy universe, but MMOs do need customers to survive.
    Edited by Spookiest on May 22, 2023 4:49PM
    ask me about the guild obstacle course
This discussion has been closed.