The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Crown Crates no longer giftable?

• Rageypoo
    Rageypoo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is really unacceptable.
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another week, we wait further

As hamsters set their wheels a-whirr

To fix a bug for crate gifters

A cry calls out from Customer

A desp'rate plea! They must confer:

"can i speak 2 manager"
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner
  • BardokRedSnow
    BardokRedSnow
    ✭✭✭
    And lol since this issue has damn near crashed the crown to gold trade's price (its down to 900 per crown on WCE) I can comfortably still buy other things from the store when I want them so carry on Zos, take your time. Thats less money for you, not me.
    Edited by BardokRedSnow on May 23, 2023 12:14PM
  • ZOS_Lunar
    ZOS_Lunar
    admin
    Hello!

We would like to remind everyone that while it's understandable to be frustrated or upset, we do ask that you keep all disagreements civil, constructive, and on-topic. We do not permit the bashing of individuals (including ZeniMax employees), groups, or other companies on our forums. We've gone ahead and removed these posts as they violated our Community Rules.

We also do not allow "quitting" posts, as these generally aren't constructive and add nothing to the conversation.

Thank you for your understanding, and please keep the Community Rules in mind when posting on the forums.
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    But, Im sure they know what they are doing. They will continue giving non-consequential updates as long as the community continues to harass them. Eventually the community will become somber and unresponsive to these measures. At which point the updates will stop, having nothing else more to say other then "It is what it is". Any further communication as to why its not working, will be largely ignored by ZoS, and will be given links to threads that are already closed that explain that they have nothing to say. At that point the community will become disinterested in being ignored and given the runabout and move on to other things...
    Leaving ZoS in the clear to continue doing what they do.

It's really sad that this is not hyperbolic speculation, but a straightforward, literal description of the way ZOS has dealt with bug after bug after issue after issue for years.
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • Katheriah
    Katheriah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Darn, I want to say something not so nice. But I just start to feel so bad for Kevin, since in general communication has been so much better since we have him and the way he communicates makes him very likeable.

Can't imagine he looks forwards to updating us like this every week.
  • kaioruschellub17_ESO
    With the latest happenings I only have one thing to say, I LOVE YOU ZOS, they have done this incredible job, with full transparency with the community, always listening to the players, this is wonderful to see, I love you <3
  • Wolf_Eye
    Wolf_Eye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Katheriah wrote: »
    Darn, I want to say something not so nice. But I just start to feel so bad for Kevin, since in general communication has been so much better since we have him and the way he communicates makes him very likeable.

Can't imagine he looks forwards to updating us like this every week.

I love Kevin. As frustrated and annoyed as I am with the crown crate situation, I still think Kevin is the best thing to happen to the forums, because he participates in so many threads and so often.

~
    Edited by Wolf_Eye on May 23, 2023 3:15PM
  • Aka_
    Aka_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think anyone (who is a reasonable human being, that is) is mad at Kevin. Kevin is being screwed over by things outside of his control. I do, however, continue to be frustrated with the overall ignorance ZoS has maintained throughout this disastrous effort at fixing this longstanding problem, both in how they talk to us and the abysmal progress they make on bug-fixing. They often promise to be better with communicating with us only to prove that these statements are hollow.
  • SimonThesis
    SimonThesis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love Kevin, the artists, musicians, writers, and the voice actors, literally everyone else not so much. Definitely seems like Kevin is the only one around with compassion or tact and this time they aren't letting him give us the full story.

We are extremely frustrated and upset and the lack of concrete details just makes it worse, but its still way better than silence. Hopefully things get fixed, fully explained, and a make good for the community is figured out.
    Edited by SimonThesis on May 24, 2023 3:51AM
  • Destai
    Destai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    casparian wrote: »
    But, Im sure they know what they are doing. They will continue giving non-consequential updates as long as the community continues to harass them. Eventually the community will become somber and unresponsive to these measures. At which point the updates will stop, having nothing else more to say other then "It is what it is". Any further communication as to why its not working, will be largely ignored by ZoS, and will be given links to threads that are already closed that explain that they have nothing to say. At that point the community will become disinterested in being ignored and given the runabout and move on to other things...
    Leaving ZoS in the clear to continue doing what they do.

It's really sad that this is not hyperbolic speculation, but a straightforward, literal description of the way ZOS has dealt with bug after bug after issue after issue for years.

It really is a choice on their end, like you're saying, and many of us know that. The reality is people won't stop doing that until they change. Their approach has not worked. If anything, it's primed people to be hostile right out the gate because of the precedence they themselves have set. That hostility carries from fiasco to fiasco. It accumulates because of how they've "managed" the community. You can't ignore and moderate people into respecting you.
    Aka_ wrote: »
    I don't think anyone (who is a reasonable human being, that is) is mad at Kevin. Kevin is being screwed over by things outside of his control. I do, however, continue to be frustrated with the overall ignorance ZoS has maintained throughout this disastrous effort at fixing this longstanding problem, both in how they talk to us and the abysmal progress they make on bug-fixing. They often promise to be better with communicating with us only to prove that these statements are hollow.

I do think some frustration towards him is fair. I can't see any reason why we can't get some written acknowledgement of the requests for additional context, even if he can't provide it himself. I get he might have constraints, but it's really hard to be sympathetic because those constraints don't get communicated. There's no reason he or Gina can't come in here and say something like, "We acknowledge there are questions around the nature of the issue, for <whatever> reasons, we can't provide that context at this time." We saw the same thing with the Q&A. People remember that, and it really changes perceptions for the worse.

Additionally, there's topics that are completely in their wheelhouse that we can't get updates on. Myself and others have issues where we've been polite and patient, only to get no response. Even direct messages about how to handle sensitive topics are ignored.

I say all of this, not from a point of bashing, but from a point of constructive criticism. These are things that can easily be improved. I do appreciate the hard work he's put in elsewhere. I also appreciate that they've committed to weekly updates.
    Edited by Destai on May 23, 2023 6:15PM
  • Lags
    Lags
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With the latest happenings I only have one thing to say, I LOVE YOU ZOS, they have done this incredible job, with full transparency with the community, always listening to the players, this is wonderful to see, I love you <3

does full transparency mean giving no information or reason behind why this is happening
  • Unknown_Redemption
    Unknown_Redemption
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, this is certainly disappointing. Not surprising. I am struggling mightily to think of something constructive to say, so I'll just leave it at some wishful thinking...

Hey zos, how about just letting us buy the things we want directly instead of locking 90% of stuff behind crates, if they're causing so many issues? I mean, right? If these crates are so buggy and have so many issues going on and it's taking a team weeks and weeks to investigate and find solutions... maybe it would be easier to just ditch the whole thing? Seriously. Take my money. (You won't be a seeing another CENT of it while this nonsense continues).

Id actually love this, move special items behind crates to be also available for a higher than normal crown cost. This would let some people gamble to win possibly cheaper and others to buy directly at an inflated cost:

Id gladly pay:
    30,000c for a radiant apex mount
    15,000c for a special skin
    8,000c for a special costume
    4,000c for a special furnishing

• Berdusk
    Berdusk
    ✭✭✭
    Well, this is certainly disappointing. Not surprising. I am struggling mightily to think of something constructive to say, so I'll just leave it at some wishful thinking...

Hey zos, how about just letting us buy the things we want directly instead of locking 90% of stuff behind crates, if they're causing so many issues? I mean, right? If these crates are so buggy and have so many issues going on and it's taking a team weeks and weeks to investigate and find solutions... maybe it would be easier to just ditch the whole thing? Seriously. Take my money. (You won't be a seeing another CENT of it while this nonsense continues).

Id actually love this, move special items behind crates to be also available for a higher than normal crown cost. This would let some people gamble to win possibly cheaper and others to buy directly at an inflated cost:

Id gladly pay:

So... you'd "happily" pay a ballpark figure of $200 for a radiant apex mount?

I get where you're trying to go with this being in support of moving things from our gamble boxes and putting them within grasp of a direct purchase, but that's a little crazy - especially when you consider the cost of a new game at around $60 - $80 - $100, depending on the game, edition, etc. For a cosmetic.

Just... No...
  • Unknown_Redemption
    Unknown_Redemption
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Berdusk wrote: »

Id gladly pay:

I get where you're trying to go with this being in support of moving things from our gamble boxes and putting them within grasp of a direct purchase, but that's a little crazy - especially when you consider the cost of a new game at around $60 - $80 - $100, depending on the game, edition, etc. For a cosmetic.

Just... No...

Yes, I believe a desired radiant apex is worth $200+
  • The_one_i_seek
    The_one_i_seek
    ✭✭✭
    @Berdusk 30k crowns PC NA = 30 millions of gold
    = near 41 usd
  • BardokRedSnow
    BardokRedSnow
    ✭✭✭
    [snip]
    To the rest of this. I mentioned cash because the topic is crown crates and its a common thing people mention when they want to slam others who deal in crown crates. My point was that this hobby of ours is pretty tame compared to what others spend their money on. You wanna talk about people needing to do something else perhaps go to the firearm forums or see how obsessive people can be over their vehicles.

Considering that this hobby however is directly impacted by others and our continued participation of it is in the hands of zos... and that some of us very specifically wanted >>>these<<< crates and dont like just any of the crates, [snip]

Especially considering many of us are end game... besides crown crates there is very little else to actually bother spending our gold on and its really irrelevant what people choose to focus on in the game. That it was something we're interested in and was promised to us is enough as paying customers.

The reaction is warranted. We've been waiting over 80 days for something that was promised to us and has been a feature for years. [snip]

[edited to remove quote and baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_Lunar on May 24, 2023 5:34PM
  • ZOS_Lunar
    ZOS_Lunar
    admin
    Hello!

Once again, we would like to remind those participating in this thread that we expect all messages to follow our Community Rules. It’s okay to disagree and debate, but we do ask that you keep all disagreements civil, constructive, and on-topic. If a discussion gets heated and turns into a debate, remember that you should stick to debating the post and/or thread topic. It is never appropriate to resort to personal comments or jabs about those participating in the thread discussion.

Thank you for your understanding, and please keep the Community Rules in mind when posting on the forums.
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • joseayalac
    joseayalac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zenimax, why so cryptic?

It almost feels disrespectful to tell people to wait for another week only to tell them to wait for another week. You've done this too many consecutive times and without giving any further information or justification for the lack of a fix. Doesn't feel like the customer is being valued at all.

Silence only makes the conspiracy theorist hamster and the upset hamster spin their wheel. If you provided at least a bit of information about what's going on (no need for much detail) it would be different, much nicer hamsters spinning their wheel much slower and being more patient.

Also, no acknowledgement about the missed Crate seasons that so many posts talk about in this thread. Sorry guys, but this is not effective communication, this "communication" paints a picture of a corporation that doesn't care about customer satisfaction.
  • BardokRedSnow
    BardokRedSnow
    ✭✭✭
    Absolutely. My biggest complaint isn't even having to wait, it's missing certain crates, especially these ragebound crates, with no mention of a remedy for that at all. I could be patient if they promised an extension at the very least for a limited period of time, say two weeks, for various crates we missed during this issue.
  • IzzyBooBaby
    Absolutely. My biggest complaint isn't even having to wait, it's missing certain crates, especially these ragebound crates, with no mention of a remedy for that at all. I could be patient if they promised an extension at the very least for a limited period of time, say two weeks, for various crates we missed during this issue.[/q

100% agree. they really should offer an extension. I earn my in game gold to buy crown crates. I really don't want to wait a entire year for them to show again. who knows it may not even be fixed by then. They been pushing this back for weeks and weeks.
  • Spookiest
    Spookiest
    ✭✭
    [snip]
    It's just more likely to be a justification that serves the company.. seeing as we have little reason thus far with ZOS's track record of fixing features to give the company the benefit of the doubt anymore. No this isn't conspiracy-baiting. I think a company will act towards its own interests on its media platforms, and if out of touch with the player base, will act without their interests in mind.

[snip]

Is there something so unique about ESO as a product, not the game itself, but as a product, that would save it from the fate of many MMOs that make playerbase-killing decisions?

[snip]

I'm looking at this thread and seeing an increasing amount of people that have some form of realization.. "so.. nothing? We get nothing?" "wait, again, no update?" "can we atleast hear anything about when we'll get to see these crates again?" "..nothing?".

[snip]

[edited for discussion of disciplinary action and baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_Lunar on May 25, 2023 7:54PM
    ask me about the guild obstacle course
  • joseayalac
    joseayalac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They even call it a "weekly update" now.

https://imgur.com/mMf52t7
  • Lags
    Lags
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Berdusk wrote: »

Id gladly pay:

Just... No...

Yes, I believe a desired radiant apex is worth $200+

200 dollars for a mount is insane. Like theres no other word to describe it, its utterly insane. That being said, 200 dolalrs would be better than what it is now. You have roughly a 0.2-0.3% chance to get a radiant apex drop, and that is abysmal. And if you want to buy it you need 1200-2500 gems. Idk exactly how much money that amount of gems would cost, but considering when i buy 15 crown crates i usually come out with less than a hundred, im going to guess a lot of money. Like a ridiculous amount of money.

And lets not forget that there was a time, a good amount of time actually, a few years iirc, that you couldnt buy radiant apex rewards at all. It was just rng.
  • SimonThesis
    SimonThesis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Plenty of people willing pay $500 dollars on crates every season, $200 for a guaranteed mount doesn't seem that unreasonable. The notable furnished houses in this game are 17k crowns and people still pay it. People in one of my housing guilds are especially willing to pay whatever Zos asks.
    Edited by SimonThesis on May 25, 2023 7:52PM
  • Lags
    Lags
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Absolutely. My biggest complaint isn't even having to wait, it's missing certain crates, especially these ragebound crates, with no mention of a remedy for that at all. I could be patient if they promised an extension at the very least for a limited period of time, say two weeks, for various crates we missed during this issue.

ya thats what im saying. Idk why they are like this. Its such a simple thing to just say "the crates that were available during gifting will be returning for a short time on PC after the gifting issue is fixed". Problem solved, most people are happy. Some will not be, probably people who have promised others crates in guilds or whatever. But at least this could reassure most people.

The problem is, the fact that they havent said this leads me to beleive that they dont plan on bringing the crates back. Zos can be extremely out of touch with what players want sometimes. So i wont be surprised if they're like well sorry those crates only come out at certain times, which would be ridiculous.
  • BardokRedSnow
    BardokRedSnow
    ✭✭✭
    It would be ridiculous but I’m gonna prepare for the worst, hope for the best. In the end all you can do is vocalize your opinion, and vote with your wallets. Hopefully Zos gets the message. We shall see.

Edit: I’m at the acceptance stage of my grief lmao
    Edited by BardokRedSnow on May 25, 2023 7:58PM
  • BardokRedSnow
    BardokRedSnow
    ✭✭✭
    I will enjoy the immense drop in crown rates in the meantime. 900:1 in WCE currently, never thought I'd see people selling at that rate again. And seeing how before these crates its been a good while since I even bothered to buy them (its been at least a quarter of the year) I will live.

Everything else being half as cheap to purchase with gold is a good silver lining and likely not a consequence they thought of.
    Edited by BardokRedSnow on May 25, 2023 10:07PM
  • wolfcrisp
    wolfcrisp
    ✭✭
    I will enjoy the immense drop in crown rates in the meantime. 900:1 in WCE currently, never thought I'd see people selling at that rate again. And seeing how before these crates its been a good while since I even bothered to buy them (its been at least a quarter of the year) I will live.

Everything else being half as cheap to purchase with gold is a good silver lining and likely not a consequence they thought of.

I'm afraid that when crown crates become tradable again (if it ever happens) crowns are going to go way up to be affordable for normal people

Nothing is going to happen, If the backlash that they have been getting lately hasn't been enough, it won't ever be enough

Whatever is going on, wether it's a bug or something bigger, it's not going to happen soon
  • BardokRedSnow
    BardokRedSnow
    ✭✭✭
    wolfcrisp wrote: »

I'm afraid that when crown crates become tradable again (if it ever happens) crowns are going to go way up to be affordable for normal people

Nothing is going to happen, If the backlash that they have been getting lately hasn't been enough, it won't ever be enough

Whatever is going on, wether it's a bug or something bigger, it's not going to happen soon

You're probably right but hey, thats more gold in my pocket in the short term lol and cheaper crown items too. *shrug* gotta take your victories where you can.

Would much prefer gifting of crates be back, but it is what it is.

Thank you Zos for crashing the crown to gold prices lol ggs
This discussion has been closed.