The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Crown Crates no longer giftable?

• BardokRedSnow
    BardokRedSnow
    ✭✭✭
    This is pretty brutal. New new crates out and not even a timeframe on a “fix” yet.
  • Livvy
    Livvy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Am I missing something or is it really strange this is only a problem on PC?

I don't know, the whole thing just seems so weird and unlike anything I remember happening in the past.

And the fact it is persisting for so long... Just every angle of it seems really bizarre to me.
    ->--Willow--<-
  • EmperorRemanIV
    EmperorRemanIV
    ✭✭✭
    Talln wrote: »
    The functionality for crate gifting DOES NOT simply disappear. This is absolutely ludicrous, problem has been in effect for over a month now and not an inkling of work has been done to fix anything. The functionality for gifting doesn't simply disappear for one store item, it makes no sense. Then earlier crown crates go on sale in the crown store as well earlier yesterday?? Now they're still adding more crown crate options for people to buy WITHOUT gifting. This is such a joke. There is no conspiracy, its the truth staring you in the face and you can't stand it. Keep removing peoples post for expressing the literal truth, such a joke of a forum and development team. The third "crown store fix" this month and the problem still persists, they have disabled crown gifting to test data on how many people will actually ONLY buy crown crates for themselves. Thats why they keep releasing more and more crown crate deals while gifting is disabled. They want to see just how much money they can actually squeeze out of their players, its beyond disgusting.

The lack of feedback from the team is making people think like that. And you know what, I'm starting to agree with this theory as well. Wouldn't be past the devs actually to do something like this. Lack of honest communication has been one of the biggest flaws in ESO
    His Imperial Majesty, Reman IV, Emperor of Cyrodiil, Sunspire Saint, Baron/Thane of Falkreath, Solitude and Morthal, Lord of the Daggerfall Covenant, Ophidian Overlord of Sanctum Ophidia, Councilor of the Ebonheart Pact, General of the Covenant Army, Clan Father, Guardian of the Reach, Elsweyr, Galen and owner of Fort Redwater and Fort Linchal.
  • heaven13
    heaven13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Talln wrote: »
    The functionality for crate gifting DOES NOT simply disappear. This is absolutely ludicrous, problem has been in effect for over a month now and not an inkling of work has been done to fix anything. The functionality for gifting doesn't simply disappear for one store item, it makes no sense. Then earlier crown crates go on sale in the crown store as well earlier yesterday?? Now they're still adding more crown crate options for people to buy WITHOUT gifting. This is such a joke. There is no conspiracy, its the truth staring you in the face and you can't stand it. Keep removing peoples post for expressing the literal truth, such a joke of a forum and development team. The third "crown store fix" this month and the problem still persists, they have disabled crown gifting to test data on how many people will actually ONLY buy crown crates for themselves. Thats why they keep releasing more and more crown crate deals while gifting is disabled. They want to see just how much money they can actually squeeze out of their players, its beyond disgusting.

The lack of feedback from the team is making people think like that. And you know what, I'm starting to agree with this theory as well. Wouldn't be past the devs actually to do something like this. Lack of honest communication has been one of the biggest flaws in ESO

It's be such a weird stance to take though. There are tons of people who only buy crates with gold, sometimes because they just cannot afford crown prices and sometimes because they see it as not supporting crates directly. Either way, ZoS still gets their money from someone at the end of the day, so it seems rather counterproductive to limit the customers they can reach.

I don't like the crown monetization, or crates in particular, but unless this has more to do with being able for certain countries to still acquire crates when they shouldn't be able to (and I don't know if that's even a thing; can people in Belgium be gifted crates?), I would think the people running the crown store want to reach the widest market available.
    PC/NA
    Mountain God | Leave No Bone Unbroken | Apex Predator | Pure Lunacy | Depths Defier | No Rest for the Wicked | In Defiance of Death
    Defanged the Devourer | Nature's Wrath | Relentless Raider | True Genius | Bane of Thorns | Subterranean Smasher | Ardent Bibliophile

vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vDSA | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+2 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA | vRG
    Meet my characters :
    IT DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE THEY'RE ALL THE SAME NOW, THANKS ZOS
  • Maitsukas
    Maitsukas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    heaven13 wrote: »
    I don't know if that's even a thing; can people in Belgium be gifted crates?

I have a Belgian guildmate, who can only receive Crown Crates through gifting.
    PC-EU @maitsukas

Posting the weekly Infinite Archive vendor updates.

Also trying out new Main Quests, Companions, ToT decks, Events and Styles on PTS.
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    any news please? @ZOS_Kevin

Unfortunately, no new updates. Still waiting to hear back when the team has a fix ready and when it will be ready to be deployed.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Darzaka
    Darzaka
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin I understand this must be frustrating for you and the devs. I fully believe at this point in time that it's a bug due to the litigation you mentioned earlier. But I gotta know, after looking at this for more than a month, what has the team learned? What progress has been made? Why specifically PC/NA?
  • heaven13
    heaven13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Maitsukas wrote: »
    heaven13 wrote: »
    I don't know if that's even a thing; can people in Belgium be gifted crates?

I have a Belgian guildmate, who can only receive Crown Crates through gifting.

That's actually insightful. If (and I am not a lawyer and just vague speculating here) Belgium doesn't want their citizens able to get crates at all, thus only having access to crate items through SoE, it would almost make sense that crate gifting would not be allowed anymore. And I'm sure it's probably much easier (though less great on corporate wallets) to just disallow all crate gifting than trying to restrict by country, especially due to VPNs and all that.
    PC/NA
    Mountain God | Leave No Bone Unbroken | Apex Predator | Pure Lunacy | Depths Defier | No Rest for the Wicked | In Defiance of Death
    Defanged the Devourer | Nature's Wrath | Relentless Raider | True Genius | Bane of Thorns | Subterranean Smasher | Ardent Bibliophile

vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vDSA | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+2 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA | vRG
    Meet my characters :
    IT DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE THEY'RE ALL THE SAME NOW, THANKS ZOS
  • oversleeps
    oversleeps
    ✭✭
    a lot of the playerbase would have another reason to leave if gifting crates is fully removed.
  • rottenlittlecreature
    @ZOS_Kevin Is there any chance they'll be convinced to bring back the limited crates folks missed during this time soon after a fix? Can you please give us some kind of info about this from like... whoever is in charge of that particular decision. It would go a long way in making this whole situation a bit less frustrating and disheartening AND easily prone to conspiracy about ZoS just being shady as hell.

Y'all are severely lacking in transparency ((and I'm sure that's not your fault if you're just the messenger and I'm sure you probably already know this)) but man folks just wanna know they're being heard and not just given the equivalent of a pacifier to attempt to shut them up about the problem. Even if not everyone gets the technical aspect and details of it its still better than vague "We're working on it. Its complicated" that, as you can see and I'm sure are sick of hearing, just makes folks think you're hiding something. Is it a legality issue? Tell us about it. Is it a software bug that somehow snuck its way in and now no one can find the stupid extra character that's breaking all the things and the new intern is really sorry they didn't mean to? Tell us that. Is it a combination of these? Tell us that. Just tell us and be honest. Save yourself the headache of a bunch of people bombarding you with conspiracy and anger and other assorted big feelings every single day. It has to be freaking exhausting. Its exhausting to read tbh.

Last, in regards to being just the messenger: if the reason you can't give us clear, detailed info about what's going on is because someone above you/more involved is just refusing to even give up(and/or the other forum mods) that info to share... guess what? For the love of Azurah just tell us that. They stuck you on the firing range my dude. Let them have the blame for their poor decisions.

Just kidding this is the actual last note: just because folks aren't on the forum doesn't mean a lot more people aren't questioning this. I see conversations every single day in guild and zone chat about it and people are pissed. I'm betting whoever handles support tickets is also getting a fair number. Maybe suggest to someone managing the ESO news or blog or whatever a nice big DETAILED AND HONEST (and easily accessible) post about the cause of the issue and what's going on to fix/change it and what to expect in the future. This is what should have happened weeks ago.

TLDR: Transparency is important. Windows are nice. Be a window.

OKAY REAL LAST NOTE I PROMISE: This one can be passed along to whoever over there needs to hear it. All of the above applies to literally any issue/bug in the game and is backwards compatible advice. If you break it, change it, fix it, spin it, bop it, whatever, complete and ongoing honesty from the start goes a long way in keeping customers satisfied, spending, and loyal. Which like... kind of important to make more money ya know?
  • Katheriah
    Katheriah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Kev, my birthday is in 2 weeks and my friends like to gift crates to birthdaying people. Just sayin... o:)
  • Sythen88411
    Sythen88411
    ✭✭✭✭
    As much as I'd like to have the skin from new crates I don't see this happening....not gonna spend money in the store when I got mills of gold to buy off others for crowns.
  • Sythen88411
    Sythen88411
    ✭✭✭✭
    Btw can crates be gifted on any other platforms or servers?
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Btw can crates be gifted on any other platforms or servers?

Still works fine on PSNA.

Stay safe :)
  • The_one_i_seek
    The_one_i_seek
    ✭✭✭
    its weird why its working on consoles

any Xbox users here?
  • oversleeps
    oversleeps
    ✭✭
    its been fine on everything minus PC
  • A_Cats_Tail
    A_Cats_Tail
    ✭✭
    These new crates will be around for 3 months, I'm sure this bug will be resolved by then
  • glofiles
    glofiles
    Soul Shriven
    These new crates will be around for 3 months, I'm sure this bug will be resolved by then

You mean like the block bug?

Too soon?

Exactly, lmao. I wouldn't wait for them to fix this crate bug, been a month already and it's literally just a gift option problem, nothing else. But who knows - they're losing money because of this, a lot of people are gifting crown crates to their friends and etc, poof.
    PC EU
  • EmperorRemanIV
    EmperorRemanIV
    ✭✭✭
    People are getting impatient and pissed off at this bug. This have to be fixed ASAP
    His Imperial Majesty, Reman IV, Emperor of Cyrodiil, Sunspire Saint, Baron/Thane of Falkreath, Solitude and Morthal, Lord of the Daggerfall Covenant, Ophidian Overlord of Sanctum Ophidia, Councilor of the Ebonheart Pact, General of the Covenant Army, Clan Father, Guardian of the Reach, Elsweyr, Galen and owner of Fort Redwater and Fort Linchal.
  • Zyva
    Zyva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This has got to be one of the more active threads right now XD

Zyvä (Nightblade) ~ Purricâne (Sorcerer) ~ Boñfürr (Dragonknight) ~ Cätnïp (Warden) ~ Boñespùrr (Necromancer)~ Catsänova (Templar)
  • The_one_i_seek
    The_one_i_seek
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin hello, just for the transparency and better communication, can you describe the nature of this bug in short, or why it happened in first place? there was no patches or hotfixes at the time that bug appeared
    Edited by The_one_i_seek on April 5, 2023 6:25PM
  • Kirawolfe
    Kirawolfe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's just weird because Zos makes the money either way. The crowns are still bought, regardless.

The nice thing of course about gifting is that people without a lot of money could still enjoy crates.

Could be they are looking for some data on who's buying what?
  • POG4LIFE
    POG4LIFE
    ✭✭
    I feel like this thread should be selling aluminum foil hats...

Let the devs be. The community managers don't need to update us every minute, hour, or day just because we're upset. It's being worked, let it be!

Have a wonderful day,
    POG
  • EmperorRemanIV
    EmperorRemanIV
    ✭✭✭
    POG4LIFE wrote: »
    I feel like this thread should be selling aluminum foil hats...

Let the devs be. The community managers don't need to update us every minute, hour, or day just because we're upset. It's being worked, let it be!

Have a wonderful day,
    POG

Even though it's a game, we are their customers. And If something is wrong with the product we bought, we have all the right in the world to complain about it and demand fixing, specially if it takes too long. If we just keep praising them and not talk about it again then they won't give the matter it's proper importance. Cause for them, people won't be talking about it so everything is ok.

So, I'll continue the thread. Any feedbacks?
  • oversleeps
    oversleeps
    ✭✭
    especially with the lack of transparency for a bug that has now lasted over a month
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Hi All, this was posted in another thread today, but we wanted to share it here as well.
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    @ZOS_Kevin Hey man sorry to ping you, but we really need updates on the crate gifting and Gem deconstruction bugs.

No need to apologize. We're trying to get more information to relay. However, the team wants to be confident in the date for a fix before letting everyone know. In both cases, the issue has been found and the team is working toward a solution. For the gem deconstruction, we did post current next steps until the fix is live. You can see that here. Once we have a more solid timeline for a fix, we'll be sure to let everyone know.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • oversleeps
    oversleeps
    ✭✭
    Hi All, this was posted in another thread today, but we wanted to share it here as well.
    @ZOS_Kevin Hey man sorry to ping you, but we really need updates on the crate gifting and Gem deconstruction bugs.

No need to apologize. We're trying to get more information to relay. However, the team wants to be confident in the date for a fix before letting everyone know. In both cases, the issue has been found and the team is working toward a solution. For the gem deconstruction, we did post current next steps until the fix is live. You can see that here. Once we have a more solid timeline for a fix, we'll be sure to let everyone know.

thank you for letting us know they found the bug and are working on a solution. any transparency at all is always better than nothing or the blanket statement responses.
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    We wanted to provide an update on the issue where Crown Crates are not currently giftable in-game on PC. We have identified the issue and are working on a fix that we hope to roll out in the next couple weeks. We appreciate everyone's patience. Once we have a date for the fix, or if it will take longer than a couple weeks, we will let you know.
    Staff Post
  • Katheriah
    Katheriah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    We wanted to provide an update on the issue where Crown Crates are not currently giftable in-game on PC. We have identified the issue and are working on a fix that we hope to roll out in the next couple weeks. We appreciate everyone's patience. Once we have a date for the fix, or if it will take longer than a couple weeks, we will let you know.

<3
  • Darzaka
    Darzaka
    ✭✭✭

Hope for a speedy patch! Still totally wondering what caused it tho.
This discussion has been closed.