Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Crown Crates no longer giftable?

heinousmoz
heinousmoz
✭✭✭
I know some countries have banned their sale but the UK isn't one of them. Has the option been permanently removed for all?
Edited by ZOS_Kevin on October 11, 2023 3:36PM
  • InappropriateMount
    InappropriateMount
    ✭✭✭
    haiuzr14chjq.png

Yeah, the option is greyed out. That's so weird
  • InappropriateMount
    InappropriateMount
    ✭✭✭
    But seems like I can't gift my friend their normal birthday crate, sad
    Edited by InappropriateMount on March 3, 2023 9:37PM
  • heinousmoz
    heinousmoz
    ✭✭✭
    Just to be clear other things are still giftable so it isn't everything that is effected.

iijb27p8kve8.png

Edited by heinousmoz on March 3, 2023 9:40PM
  • heinousmoz
    heinousmoz
    ✭✭✭
    Dark Brotherhood works for me strange6w6ki3kdboco.png
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Hi everyone! We are aware and investigating. Thank you.
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • Lauranae
    Lauranae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    for info, house items can still be gifted, but i can not gift any crate either :)
    My most recent characters
    AD - Columba nera NB
    --Gran'ma is away from the game for resting after Covid and 9 teeth removed as she is totally knocked down -
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

This thread has been moved to the Crown Store & ESO Plus section, as it is better suited there.

Thank you for your understanding.

Staff Post
  • The_one_i_seek
    The_one_i_seek
    ✭✭✭
    any news?
  • ForzaRammer
    ForzaRammer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Updates?
  • Lauranae
    Lauranae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2 days before the crates expires ..... some news would be great

Thank you
    AD - Columba nera NB
    --Gran'ma is away from the game for resting after Covid and 9 teeth removed as she is totally knocked down -
  • oversleeps
    oversleeps
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin hey man tagging you as I see you a lot around here. This has been going on 5 days now. Any update? Especially with a crate leaving in 2 days
  • Lauranae
    Lauranae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin please can we get an answer ?

AD - Columba nera NB
  • oversleeps
    oversleeps
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom

some transparency on the issue would be awesome
  • thecatsme0w
    thecatsme0w
    ✭✭✭
    Yes please, a friend was going to gift me 15 akaviri potentate crates. Please extend them being in the store since this bug hasn't been fixed yet.
    thecatsme0w
    PC/NA

Eventual goal: Own all the houses. Currently 4 short of that goal.
  • Lauranae
    Lauranae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This thread would have been better followed by the devs if still in the discussion. Sometimes moving its not the best solution
    AD - Columba nera NB
  • The_one_i_seek
    The_one_i_seek
    ✭✭✭
    any news? its bugged long enough
  • oversleeps
    oversleeps
    ✭✭
    any news? its bugged long enough

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/628910/crown-crates-bugged-for-a-week-now-no-updates-please-update/p1?new=1

I posted in bug reports If you wanna comment on that.
  • oversleeps
    oversleeps
    ✭✭
    Lauranae wrote: »
    This thread would have been better followed by the devs if still in the discussion. Sometimes moving its not the best solution

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/628910/crown-crates-bugged-for-a-week-now-no-updates-please-update/p1?new=1

Go leave a comment
  • Kirawolfe
    Kirawolfe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's fascinating is that even though folks could give a player gold for a gift of crown crates, money was still spent to buy crowns in order to gift them. I like giving crates to my friends to enjoy, myself.

[snip]
    [edited for conspiracy theory/misinformation]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on March 18, 2023 5:42PM
  • Lauranae
    Lauranae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want to simply says Thank you to those who did not helped us to resolve that issue, the crates i wanted to gift are now gone.

If

- it was because you are removing crates from the game generally, then ok i understand
    - if it was because it was easier to ignore us (aka pushing the thread in a less read section), then it was mean
    - if you have a reason but ignored us because you considered its not important, ok noted, but then i will make them not important to me too
    AD - Columba nera NB
  • oversleeps
    oversleeps
    ✭✭
    ANYBODY AT @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Bill @ZOS_Icy @ZOS_Adrikoth @ZOS_KaiSchober some sort of update...
  • Katheriah
    Katheriah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_Kevin

This going to just be ignored to death or what?
  • Miliana
    Miliana
    ✭✭✭
    The lack of communication is becoming an issue as people are filling in the gaps with their own assumptions, which is quickly becoming chaos.

Paired with the issues in purchasing crowns online today the conspiracy theories are already flying in many communities.

Here's to continued hope that this issue is acknowledged and addressed soon.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    @Milianaa - PC/NA - End Game Healer
    Tamriel Crown Exchange GM

World Record - vSO: 177,706
    NA First Tick Tock Tormentor
    NA First Title Trifecta (TTT, Gryphon Heart, Immortal Redeemer - Templar Healer)
  • Lauranae
    Lauranae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As of today, the forum is full of answers given by ZOS_ devs, even on lesser subjects. So no more comment on my side.

I will just from now ignore the crates for a while, and ignore the new ones coming up as well as may be ignore to read devs comments too, this will be refreshing finally and not feeling ignored is very comforting.

So Devs do what you want with the crates, i really dont care anymore
    AD - Columba nera NB
  • The_one_i_seek
    The_one_i_seek
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno hello dear Zenimax representative, any news about the issue?
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Hi all, we are aware and continuing to investigate this. There are some differences between the platforms that makes our investigation a little more complex. Thank you for your patience.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Wolf_Eye
    Wolf_Eye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know people are frustrated, but crown gifting benefits ZOS because people who otherwise wouldn't buy crowns are getting crowns bought on their behalf. Which means more money for ZOS.

The fact that this bug is persisting tells me that it's a serious bug, not that ZOS is purposefully ignoring the problem or shifting it to the side. Because there is simply no benefit to ignoring it.

Thank you ZOS, for looking into this. Please, if it is possible, would you consider bringing back the Akaviri crats when the bug is fixed? Even if it's for a little while?
  • Lauranae
    Lauranae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wolf_Eye wrote: »
    I know people are frustrated, but crown gifting benefits ZOS because people who otherwise wouldn't buy crowns are getting crowns bought on their behalf. Which means more money for ZOS.

The fact that this bug is persisting tells me that it's a serious bug, not that ZOS is purposefully ignoring the problem or shifting it to the side. Because there is simply no benefit to ignoring it.

Thank you ZOS, for looking into this. Please, if it is possible, would you consider bringing back the Akaviri crats when the bug is fixed? Even if it's for a little while?

I totally understand and i agree, but more communications would have avoid all the rumble about. Even to say, sorry for now its a difficult bug to clear, it will take more time .... would have been better than just plain ignore
    AD - Columba nera NB
  • Acrolein1
    Acrolein1
    Agreed with Lauranae. In the absence of updates people are prone to come up with their own answers. However far fetched and wrong they might be. "Oh. They must be getting rid of crates!" or "Do these people even know about the problem?"

I can't even begin to imagine what the issue is, and I'm sure its S tier complex. Just let us know you're there, that you hear us. That's all we really ask.
  • EmperorRemanIV
    EmperorRemanIV
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin thanks for the feedback. Then please tell the team to increase the duration of the Gloomspore Crown Crates when they are on if the bug hasn't been fixed yet, they should be on in two days.

Could also bring back the Akaviri crates for two or three days to compensate
    His Imperial Majesty, Reman IV, Emperor of Cyrodiil, Sunspire Saint, Baron/Thane of Falkreath, Solitude and Morthal, Lord of the Daggerfall Covenant, Ophidian Overlord of Sanctum Ophidia, Councilor of the Ebonheart Pact, General of the Covenant Army, Clan Father, Guardian of the Reach, Elsweyr, Galen and owner of Fort Redwater and Fort Linchal.
This discussion has been closed.