The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PTS Update 34 - Feedback Thread for Classes & Abilities

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
This is the official feedback thread for current class balance and abilities. After you have a chance to try out different combat scenarios, let us know what you think of the current balance.
Edited by ZOS_GinaBruno on April 18, 2022 7:49PM
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The changes to warden are frankly baffling. we've been asking for an offensive stun ever since they were removed from shock clench and vampiric drain. and now we see another reactive stun added to slab. frozen retreat and bursting vines are not used morphs, and they didn't recieve any changes whatsoever. What?

Exactly what we thought would happen with Bear happened. all that happened is that Wild was made infinitely better than eternal guardian. IT APPLIES HEMO EVERY SINGLE TICK. that's a lot of damage from initial hits of hemo, not to mention it already does more damage than eternal guardian anyway. this should not go live as is. hemo procs should only happen from the heavy attack portion of bear. this is insane. the damage type change to bleed is good though, i like that. but this is so overtuned. Bear already makes up so much of our damage, limiting our pve options. this just makes bear even better when we want to be able to use northern storm. which, while it got a nice change, is no-where near enough. the ultimate costs too much for how little it does. it needs a massive cost reduction to 150 ultimate, or a good damage increase, or major brittle instead of major protection, or something. however 300 wep/spell damage instead of 15% max magicka just does not cut it to make it more useful.

once i can get in and test everything i'll make a more comprehensive post seperate to this one, but i'm honestly struggling to understand the changes that were made with warden.

EDIT:

Crystallised Slab's damage proc does not work if you re-cast the ability while it's already up.

EDIT 2:

I made the post. took 6 hours of writing. it covers all of the warden changes.
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/603188/high-isles-frustrating-warden-changes-are-a-disappointing-step-back#latest
    Edited by ESO_Nightingale on April 19, 2022 9:22AM
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Don't even main magden, but I can recognize they got done dirty and the problems haven't been addressed.

Main point I'd like to make. Please stop making morph choices a decision between either more damage or a named buff/debuff. This almost always overshadows 1 morph or the other segregating them to pve or pvp specific content. Named buffs/debuffs usually don't matter for pve when they're provided by other people so you aim for dps 9/10 times. It's making morph choices stale and you continued the trend with the Bear/Shalk changes.

Edit: Arctic Blast ticks don't count during CC break immunity. The ticks don't start counting until 1s after casting, the caster is forced to interupt the frost damage ticks if they want to heal themselves. These 2 things combined make stuns 13-20 + second apart from each other and thats IF the target doesn't drop the stacks. This is by far the worst stun in the game, please completely remake this for something controlable, if not this patch, just remove the changes you made.

PVE:
    • Northern Storm costs too much to out dps any other viable option. It comes nowhere close to the dps bear gives, a damage buff won't cover that so Wardens are still shoehorned into a bear that is really good, but also really dumb sometimes. Hit or miss.
    • Stam Bear is now objectively better than mag bear in pve end game as it deals more damage and constantly applies the hemorphaging status effect. Damage trumps the ability to res twice when bears don't die in group instanced based pve.
    • Stam Shalks offers double damage per cast AND allows you to cast 1 extra ability of something else like a spammable. So it not only does 100% more damage, it's really 170-200% more depending on what skill you end up casting. Named debuffs/buffs only really become useful in pvp. There is still no reason to use mag Shalks over stam.
    • Arctic Blast, still not worth it for pve as the duration is too short - however, it stuns/heals so it's an uphill battle trying to get the skill to be pve worth when it's utility centric as well.

PVP:
    • Mag bear is I GUESS better than stam bear, but this point is mute because if you're using bear in pvp, you've basically put a giant target on your back saying I don't know what I'm doing. I'm sorry, but it's not a good pvp ult to use.
    • Warden's still lack an on demand stun they can use to time burst properly. Do you know what happens when you stun someone before you've lined up your combo? They get 7 seconds of free immunity to do whatever they want. Not only is Arctic Blast more RNG dependant as it takes 5 ticks instead of 3, have fun counting by the way.. but their answer to an on demand hard CC with slab is based on being attacked and based on a projectile. Thats not on demand. My stam sorc doesn't have a single projectile so it effectively means nothing to my build and I'm sure there are ton of others that have no projectiles either so they still need to rely on Arctic Blast.
    • Northern Storm is definitely better for pvp than it's previous itteration, but it's still nothing exceptional.. utility usually trumps damage buffs like that, which is why no one uses Flawless Dawnbreaker instead of Dawnbreaker of Smiting, even if they already have a hard CC.
    • Mag Shalks is now better for pvp with minor breach, but I still think they should of went a different direction here. The freedom to have 2 shalks for 1 cast on the stamina morph is huge on a class that is tied to constant buff management. It's a tricky subject because stam shalks is in a good place, but Idk, this is not the change imo. I would of prefered something like a small damage decrease, but 2 casts and it still provides major breach. Maybe thats a bad idea, but you get where I'm going with it.

I'm just baffled they decided to nerf Warden and left DK in basically the same state. I never found Warden's to be a problem, beyond maybe staying alive or healing a lot. DK is just over the top. Templar got a nerf to bubble which I'd say is warranted, but it looks like as usual they went way too far. 2k flat healing every half second is like 33% the value of what live is.
    Edited by MashmalloMan on April 25, 2022 7:18AM
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sorc changes, very happy with them. Thats mostly what I wanted.
    • Crystal Frags being able to proc on any skill is very hybrid inclusive, many mag or stam sorcs have different abilities now so the ability to use this skill effectively outside spamming it is a nice change. I'll play around with it, but Haunting Curse will probably still be my go to for Stam Sorc.
    • Crystal Weapon proccing twice is a nice quality of life improvement for the issue it has in that we constantly miss our attacks because it's dependant on an auto attacks instead of being instant. The small delay and hit detection of which can be annoying, but the obvious plus side is we can line it up for some nice burst. Giving it a buff to usabilty without outright buffing the damage allows it to better compete with instant cast spammables like Veiled Strike that share the same damage value, but lack the issues it has. I applaud you for this improvement as it's out of the box thinking I didn't expect to see.
    • Endless Fury vs Mages Wrath.. I still wish you'd just combine them into 1 skill and free up space on one of the morphs to allow for something unique. Cost and sustain is usually a bland morph choice, but it still has aoe like Mages Wrath, so both morphs feel a little too similar which is why I think combining them would be better. Back before Crystal Frags was a semi decent spammable, I had hopes you'd change one of these morphs to the first Shock spammable in the game, but at this point I suppose I'd prefer you added one to the Destruction Staff skill line. Shock staves as a power fantasy suck, it would be nice if at least Sorcs could use them well like Wardens can now use Frost Staves.. I will say the change to DK's fire debuff is a step in the right direction, not for the nerf to DKs, but the specific fire imbalance it made across the elements.
    • Bound Armaments is a solid pve skill where targets don't doge and dps parsing light attacks is easy, but with the introduction of Crystal Frags it's completely outclassed. Stam Sorcs now have the REAL bow proc they've always wanted and we no longer need to rely on BA which has massive projectile travel time, projectile fire delay, build up relying on light/heavy attacks and a buff duration. They do similar damage, but 1 is much better than the other and I can't see myself ever using BA for burst potential when Cyrstal Frags is now available. Happy for the change, but you should of addressed BA issues properly.
    • Minor Prophecy.. I know you said you're working on potions and keeping classes minor buffs unique for group play, but I hope you continue to get this is in for Update 35 the latest. NB and Sorc still have a hard time using this, while DK and Templar have simply swapped jewelry enchants. Active skills for Brutality/Sorcery are easy to comb by, but Savagery/Prophecy is only available from Inner Light and Camo Hunter which you would only ever put on 1 bar. Good skills, but an extra slot to get the value only on bar is not nearly as easy as DK/Templar. I hope this is addressed soon as it would be a nice quality of life improvement.
    Edited by MashmalloMan on April 18, 2022 8:21PM
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • EF321
    EF321
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Is this the thread where I can complain about itemization changes as well?
    Draugrkin's Grip: This set now increases all of your damage done by 330 and reduces your healing taken by 10%, rather than causing your direct damage attacks to cause enemies to take 617 more damage from your attacks for 6 seconds, once every 9 seconds.

ZOS, can you please stop completely changing how set functions?
    Say, set is overperforming. Once proc'd, it does X damage for Y second with Z cooldown. Just fix the numbers? Lower damage and/or lower duration and/or longer cooldown?

You are once again completely changing how set functions (Crusader as another example). This set can no longer be backbarred and used with arena weapon front. What do I do now with my golden Draugrkin's resto? With entire build that I can no longer use, because set now suddenly has different conditions and requires to be setup differently.

I couldn't care less about numbers being toned down, even if it was overnerfed, as long as I could still use setup that took a lot of time and investment to assemble (I made it for idea, not to wreck faces), but I won't even be able to use that setup once patch goes live.
  • CP5
    CP5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    A few things I wanted to mention off of the patch notes.

Both siphon skills having a morph that provides the same recovery seems redundant, I know one is from a damage skill and one is from a heal, but still, that and the fact that necromancer tanks don't have a way to recover stamina while blocking, unlike every other class. A pain point others will likely repeat later.

Ruinous Scythe applying off balance on hit. Here is the source of off balance people need, only need a necromancer to cast that once every 22s to get maximum uptime. Shock staves need something other than being an off balance bot to give them an edge against fire staves. Yes the nerf to engulfing flames 'helps' with this, but since you buffed the flame damage passive from 8 to 10% last patch, the single strongest part of fire staves, shock staves need something to compete with that, and an equal amount of bonus aoe damage isn't it. I know this patch is more for class skills than anything else, but something to keep in mind for the future perhaps?

No changes to Consuming Darkness or its morphs. A very expensive skill, providing mainly a buff that got nerfed heavily a long time ago, failing to provide enough utility to any role to really justify using. It doesn't mitigate enough damage to be useful in that area, the damage is lack luster on that morph and the heal, while nice, if you need to keep your allies alive barrier is just better. I will say though the buff to refreshing path will be nice, but this ultimate really needed some attention.

Crystal weapon, as my main primarily uses a bow, here is the process I would tend to use the skill. Light attack and cast, the light attack in the air then hits the target, consuming the buff. If I get 2 light attacks out of this, I could then do a snipe, then a light attack. The issue is the next skill I can cast, if it's crystal weapon, will leave the 2nd charge wasted as the recast will happen before the light attack lands, so I need to use crystal weapon every 3rd skill, it just, feels like an awful lot of effort to put into something that most people avoid because of how clunky it feels. I like the skill, and if it weren't so horribly outclassed by snipe on a pure bow build I would use it more often, but while this change is technically nice on paper, getting value out of it will be hard, and I think I'll just pass.

Charged Atronach, doesn't last nearly as long as the greater one, which is fine, but it constantly alternates between doing the single target beam and hitting the ground. Storm atronachs in game have a channeled aoe attack, seen as far back as on storm fist, why not remove the storm atronach's single target beam and let it rave like a storm atornach in execute the entire time it's down? That way it could better utilize the concussed status application and be a longer duration, but lower damage per second alternative to the destro ulti. The fact that it last so little time compared to the alternative, and waste that time switching between attacks with a noticeable downtime between them, just makes it feel bad to use.

I appreciate the cost reduction on endless fury, but mage's wrath is the morph I feel needs some attention. Years ago multiple skills had morphs that were a choice between 'something useful' or 'aoe damage,' and the aoe damage option was always weaker. If the aoe damage was based on the targeted explosion like reverse slice, that could be useful, but having it be a flat amount like that doesn't really help it stand out when it is better to get magicka refunded while executing multiple targets, rather than using that and banking off the higher cleave damage to help bring other targets down.

As was mentioned by MashmalloMan, the bear morphs are too similar. Hemorrhaging procing off every hit makes that the go-to morph in all group pve content, since the self reviving bear is useless in content where the pet can't die. It needs something more unique, something to help it stand out, and since the self revival is niche it could keep that on top of something else and still not be the overwhelming top choice. Just, comparing damage to damage, whichever does more will be the choice, and if that's the only thing separating the two then there will only be one choice. Same with Scorch.

Also, for werewolves, it says for Hircine's Rage "This morph now also reduces the ability cost to 5063, down from 3737." Just a slight typo, but wanted to mention it.
  • Finedaible
    Finedaible
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Piercing Mark changes aren't a buff as it didn't need more duration and the skill was already 30s and is free to cast. If anything, Reaper's Mark is the least-used morph out of the two ever since the big nerfs to Major Berserk. What both morphs of Mark Target really need are utility outside of trash pack fights (that is, boss fights) since locking their heal behind a kill is super limiting in both PvE and PvP. Both skills need something more to justify using them over Elemental Drain or Elemental Susceptibility which have far more utility in any scenario.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would there be any chance to take a look at Nightblade Consuming Darkness ultimate and Aspect of Terror skills (mainly Mass Hysteria morph) ?

This patch, you are looking at class skills, so I am kinda surprised that nothing was done about those abilities. Both feel very underwhelming and I would even say that they are outdated.

Mass Hysteria is basically trampled by Turn Evil (Fighters Guild skill). Turn Evil is basically superior and Mass Hysteria feels like it is lacking the auxiliary effects. A Guild skill is miles better than a Class skill.

Consuming Darkness on the other hand is considered to be one of the worst (if not the worst) ultimate ability in the entire game. Same as with Mass Hysteria - there are better non-class abilities out there that are flat out better.
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wrong section before sorry

How is this fair? 💔

Nightblade
    Refreshing Path (morph): This morph now also grants Minor Endurance and Intellect for 4 seconds each tick.

Warden
    Empowered Ward
    Conjure globes of Daedric energy for protection, granting a damage shield for you and your pets that absorbs 2838 damage for 10 seconds. Damage shield strength capped at 50% of your Max Health.
    Also grants Minor Intellect to you and nearby allies, increasing your Magicka Recovery by 15% for 10 seconds.
    Reduces the cost, increases the duration, and also grants you and your allies Minor Intellect.

Sorcerer
    Enchanted Growth
    Seed a large area of mushrooms that heals you and all allies in your frontal cone for 822 Health.
    Any target healed gains Minor Intellect and Minor Endurance. increasing their Magicka and Stamina Recovery by 15% for 20 seconds.

Affected target have increased Magicka and Stamina Recovery.

Why doesn't Empowered Ward give Minor Endurance?
    Edited by FeedbackOnly on April 21, 2022 2:04PM
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Healing Seed
    Corrupting Pollen (morph): This morph now also applies Minor Cowardice to enemies in the area, to help it gain some viability in PvE areas.

Where's the help with negate magic viability in PvE areas? :'(
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Healing Seed
    Corrupting Pollen (morph): This morph now also applies Minor Cowardice to enemies in the area, to help it gain some viability in PvE areas.

Why does warden get a skill that not only heals but applies 2 group support skills? Not to mention synergy on it? I can't think of a better support skill in the game.

🔥
    Edited by FeedbackOnly on April 21, 2022 2:05PM
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Healing Seed

Why does warden healers keep getting other classes unique support skills? This was supposed to be a nightblade healer thing, but now the best healer class gets another buff why?

:s
    Edited by FeedbackOnly on April 18, 2022 10:45PM
  • Finedaible
    Finedaible
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    CP5 wrote: »
    A few things I wanted to mention off of the patch notes.

[...]

No changes to Consuming Darkness or its morphs. A very expensive skill, providing mainly a buff that got nerfed heavily a long time ago, failing to provide enough utility to any role to really justify using. It doesn't mitigate enough damage to be useful in that area, the damage is lack luster on that morph and the heal, while nice, if you need to keep your allies alive barrier is just better. I will say though the buff to refreshing path will be nice, but this ultimate really needed some attention.

[...]

I'll echo this sentiment. I've seen plenty of players asking for a reason to use Consuming Darkness again. It is arguably the worst ultimate in the game right now.
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So basically DK and Sorc gets buffs on most used skills, while NB gets buffs on skills nobody will use anyway because:
    1. Ambush has cast time which makes this skill not worth of slot if I can achieve it better by simply sprinting with major expedition already mandatory in any PvP build. Get rid of cast time from a gapcloser that needs to work immediately!
    2. Power extraction - This skill is not the right place to implement major sorcery for a ranged class.
    3. Refreshing path - the only good change for NB healers.
    4. Draugrkin Grip - as @EF321 wrote set got not only overnwrfed but got his mechanic completely changed which is unacceptable. Play with numbers at will but don't change the way sets work cause it makes it very frustrating when we have invested tons of gold to make them useful.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • Lancer1602
    Lancer1602
    ✭✭✭
    Teleport Strike
    Ambush (morph):
    Increased the duration of Empower granted from this morph to 10 seconds, up from 3.
    This morph now also grants Minor Berserk for its duration.

Is Nightblade really getting a self sustained empower and minor berserker from Ambush ?
  • Ragnaroek93
    Ragnaroek93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Why do you have to buff Ambush? The skill has a cast time and doesn't work properly in a 3d environment. Can't we just get nice buffs on other spells, like something meaningful for Piercing Mark that doesn't require me to kill a target?
    I used to think that PvP was a tragedy, but now I realize, it's a comedy.
  • leem1988
    leem1988
    ✭✭✭
    Please lower the cost of Blood Frenzy from 2 seconds to 1 second since it was already nerfed by 230 spell/weapon damage.
  • lQrukl
    lQrukl
    ✭✭✭✭
    Solar Flare
    Dark Flare (morph): Reduced the cost of this morph to 2430, down from 2700.
    This skill could cost nothing and noone would use it anyway, no matter PvP or PvE. Poor damage, ez to be interrupted.
    To give Templars viable range spamable, it should proc Burning Light, or burning light should be reworked to be usefull with any offensive templar ability. So maybe Vampire Bane could become viable DoT as well.
  • SturgeHammer
    SturgeHammer
    ✭✭✭✭
    The buff to Refreshing Path sounds nice, but it is less exciting if the tick behavior remains as it is on live. On live there is no “0” second tick, so if you cast it directly onto allies it is very easy for them to walk out of the aoe before getting a tick of the heal or speed buff.
    First-in-Line - Swings-for-Lethal
    Green-Thumb - Scale-Factor
    Hist-Tree-Major - A-Late-One
    Needs-Some-Help - Dead-Last
  • Ittrix
    Ittrix
    ✭✭✭
    Just here to give a tanks perspective on Restoring Siphon giving recovery in all three stats now.

Whatever stat a tank blocks with will have their recovery drop to zero. For any weapon but an ice staff with tri-focus, that means stam recovery drops to zero while blocking.
    Tanks generally get around this by using skills which directly give you your resource back.
    Orbs or shards to synergize with, for instance. Lots of sets that directly restore your stamina.
    Dragonknights have Battle Roar, and Helping Hands if they're desperate.
    Sorcerers have Dark Deal.
    Templars have Restoring Focus and Repentance.
    Wardens have Bull Netch.
    Nightblades have Leeching Strikes.

Necromancers have Restoring Siphon. If these changes go through, necro tanks pretty much won't benefit from running this any more, and also won't have a skill to help them manage stamina.

If you have to hybridize it, make it directly restore the stats.
  • Kisakee
    Kisakee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know where else to put this so i'll place it here:

"Currently, many of the slotted stars that don't require much engagement are significantly stronger than many of their more unique counterparts. Rather than introducing an arms race and injecting power creep to the system, we've targeted the outliers to draw back some of their impact to make them more in line with where we expect while giving a tiny bump to some other stars."

You nerfed some damage related CP's, you buffed some others. You nerfed most defense related CP's for tanks. And that's it. As a main tank i'm getting nothing but nerfs where all the great buffs are only useful for damage dealers.

I'm not going to slot other CP's, even if i wanted i can't as there isn't anything else tank related. Can you please stop nerfing PvE tanks because of PvP? It's frustrating and irritating, just finally separate game modes from each other so we don't have to suffer all the time for nothing.
    "I don't know who you are, but i will find you and i will rob you." - Liam Thiefsson
  • Nevidyra
    Nevidyra
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'll reiterate what some others have been saying-- the changes to Living Dark destroy the ability of Templar to effectively fight outnumbered. Moreover, it removes the capability of the class to effectively deal with pressure in the current meta. Templar is right on back to being stuck on the defensive bar and being a healbot spec that's unable to effectively turn fights back into its favor.

Bubble was overtuned at the top 1% of minmaxed builds in PvP; players that knew how to effectively build to abuse it, did effectively build to abuse it. But capping bubble to 2k (a lower tooltip than it is currently on live whilst UNBUFFED, also further mitigated 55% by battlespirit) and removing the capability for it to scale at all is absurd, especially for the cost.

A more viable way to bring bubble down into the realm of normality whilst keeping it viable would be to either:

A ) Completely remove the snare and leave the healing as-is, increase the cost by 500~ ish
    B ) Make it so that bubble can still scale with stats, but make it so that it only ticks ONCE per second, allowing for other classes to have effective burst windows
    C) Remove the ability for the heal from bubble to crit, whilst still having it scale with stats
    Edited by Nevidyra on April 19, 2022 1:50AM
    -PC/NA/AD-
    CP 1k+

Immortal Redeemer [✅]
    Tick-Tock Tormentor [✅]
    Gryphon Heart [✅]
    Godslayer [WIP]
    Dawnbringer [N/A]

• chongguang
    chongguang
    ✭✭✭
    From the viewpoint of PvE will the buff of Bb and scorers make them back on par with dk and necs in trials group? Can they now challenge the dk and nec dominating position?
  • Ittrix
    Ittrix
    ✭✭✭
    Kisakee wrote: »
    I don't know where else to put this so i'll place it here:

"Currently, many of the slotted stars that don't require much engagement are significantly stronger than many of their more unique counterparts. Rather than introducing an arms race and injecting power creep to the system, we've targeted the outliers to draw back some of their impact to make them more in line with where we expect while giving a tiny bump to some other stars."

You nerfed some damage related CP's, you buffed some others. You nerfed most defense related CP's for tanks. And that's it. As a main tank i'm getting nothing but nerfs where all the great buffs are only useful for damage dealers.

I'm not going to slot other CP's, even if i wanted i can't as there isn't anything else tank related. Can you please stop nerfing PvE tanks because of PvP? It's frustrating and irritating, just finally separate game modes from each other so we don't have to suffer all the time for nothing.

Seconding an official split of the balance of PvE and PvP. So, so many things are unnecessarily hard for ya'll to balance because you won't just split them.
    One case here is nerfing a bunch of defensive CP that tanks got a lot of enjoyment out of because they were outperforming other stars in PvP.
    You're also struggling to find ways to make skills viable in both at the same time. Corrupting Pollen has been useless in PvE since like, day one. If it just worked entirely differently the moment you started a duel, we wouldn't have this problem.
    Stamina regeneration not happening during block ties in here too. If I recall, the original reason that was ever even made into a thing is because blocking could be done forever in PvP and was completely busted!

Split them, please. It'd probably make things easier for the lag problem you're trying to solve too.
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The buff to Refreshing Path sounds nice, but it is less exciting if the tick behavior remains as it is on live. On live there is no “0” second tick, so if you cast it directly onto allies it is very easy for them to walk out of the aoe before getting a tick of the heal or speed buff.

That is basically how most, if not all aoes dots (with no seperate direct hit at the beginning) behave now.

You can go back through patches, they've slowly adjusted everything with 1 less tick, while increasing the dmg or healing to match the same value. They said it had something to do with mechanical purposes to make them more performant on the servers.

TLDR: It's not going to change back.
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

• Xinihp
    Xinihp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Request for clarification on Vampire changes:
    Bloody Frenzy:

This ability and its morphs now grant up to 5 stacks, rather than 10. The total Weapon and Spell Damage granted is left untouched.

The cost now increases by 360 per tick, up from 250, for Blood and Simmering Frenzy, while the cost for Sated Frenzy is now 300, rather than 200. This will result in an approximate 20% cost reduction for each morph.

Is this meant to say the total weapon and spell damage granted at max stacks is the same, or granted PER stack?

EDIT: Thankfully I can confirm after downloading the PTS this means the same damage AT MAX STACKS.

The tooltip for Simmering Frenzy now reads "Increases weapon and spell damage by 80 every 2 seconds up to 5 times."

Edited by Xinihp on April 19, 2022 11:40PM
  • master_vanargand
    master_vanargand
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nightblade
    Assassination
    Mark Target
    Piercing Mark (morph):
    Fixed an issue where the heal from this morph was lower than the base ability.
    Increased the duration of the effects to 60 seconds at rank IV, up from 30.

Teleport Strike
    Ambush (morph):
    Increased the duration of Empower granted from this morph to 10 seconds, up from 3.
    This morph now also grants Minor Berserk for its duration.

Shadow
    Path of Darkness
    Refreshing Path (morph): This morph now also grants Minor Endurance and Intellect for 4 seconds each tick.

Veiled Strike
    Surprise Attack (morph): Fixed an issue where this morph had no upgrades as it ranked up. It will now deal 1.1% more damage per rank.

Siphoning
    Drain Power: Increased the duration of Major Brutality and Sorcery granted from this ability and its morphs to 30 seconds, up from 20, to make up for the fact that they require a target to gain these effects.
    Power Extraction (morph): This morph now also grants the caster Minor Courage for 30 seconds upon dealing damage.

Soul Shred:
    Fixed an issue where this ability and its morphs could ignore line of sight in some cases.
    Fixed numerous issues where the damage or healing from these abilities could use the wrong stats to scale.

I am extremely disappointed in the changes they've made to Nightblade.
    After patchnote, Nightblade is the worst class in PvP.
    I am in despair and crying ... no power, no future, no hope.

[Nightblade's wish]
    Need change Drain Power's Major Brutality and Major Sorcery to Siphoning Strikes.
    I want move Major Sorcery and Brutality to Siphoning Strikes.
    I strongly wish that it will be that way.

Need add Major Savagery and Prophecy to Nightblade class skills.
    My idea, need add "While slotted you gain Major Savagery and Prophecy" to Teleport Strike.
    I don't want to use Expert Hunter or Magelight.
    Nightblade needs free space in the skill slot.
    I strongly wish that it will be that way.

Listen to Nightblade's voice.
    ZoS, listen, wish ...
  • Iron_Warrior
    Iron_Warrior
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a necro main i want to mention some points

1- mortal coil: DON'T change this skill, it's already usefull for tanks. If these changes goes through then i can't see any reason to use it anymore on tank and necro would be left with no sustain through block ability.

2- Ruinous scythe: i'm happy that you are showing love to this skill but who is going to use it? On my tank i'm still going to use the magicka morph because i need a heal that scales based on max health and costs magicka and hungry scythe is my only choice. So should dds use it? It's still a lackluster skill for dds even with hemorrhage on it because people are consistently procing that already because of how good charged trait is. This skill is so cool that i think it should be signature move of melee necros. My suggestion? It should work like vvh dw and deal increased damage based on enemy's missing health, it fits the grim reaper/death scythe edgy feeling of this ability pretty well

3- Venom skull: this skill hasen't seen any changes but i think it should get some love since it's one of the most unused abilities in the game. Necro is the closest thing to a "combo" play style with blastbones and corpse mechanics. This skill also has that "combo" feeling to it but the numbers are too low to make this skill usefull. The bonus damage of the third cast should be much higher OR you can just nerf the base damage of the skill but the third cast of it deals a similar damage to blastbones or close to it
    Edited by Iron_Warrior on April 19, 2022 6:48AM
  • VaxtinTheWolf
    VaxtinTheWolf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, I'm not downloading the PTS anymore. Also, don't care what you do to Drain Power, I'm not going to get any real value out of that skill outside of it being general AOE damage. Give up on trying to make whatever idea you have to work and put the Major Sorcery/Brutality buffs on a real ability that many who play the Nightblae class will actually use and be able to benefit from, like Siphoning Attacks/Morphs. I'm not even going to bother mentioning the other ridiculously disappointing notes, or rather, especially the lack of notes on other glaringly obvious skills that need proper adjustments years ago.
    || AD - Rah'Jiin Lv50 Khajiit Nightblade (Damage) || EP - Generic Argonian Lv50 Argonian Nightblade (Tank) || DC - Zinkotsu Lv50 Breton Nightblade (Healer) ||
    || DC - Ja'Kiro Feral-Heart Lv50 Khajiit Dragonknight (Damage) || EP - VaxtinTheWolf Lv50 Redguard Templar (Tank) || AD - Velik Iranis Lv50 Dark Elf Sorcerer (Tank ) ||
    || EP - Einvarg The Frozen Lv50 Nord Warden (Tank/Healer) || EP - Keem-Ja Lv4 Argonian Necromancer (Healer/Tank) ||
    PC - North American Server (Champion 1300+)
  • Foxtrot39
    Foxtrot39
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nightblade

Mark target + moprhs : need to have its identity straighten out, its max health scaling heal tell its a tank skill but its on kill condition says it DD one, duration is really not an issue here, its free to cast already

Refreshing path : while I expected some synergy instead the added buff are welcome, though as pointed out the skill has no initial tick making it easy for allies to just walk out of the AOE before it apply any heal/effect

Teleport strike and morphs : Still has issue due to cast time to function reliably (breakign LOS, target with high ground ect)

Consuming darkness + morphs : Since Eslweyr expansion came out the only selling point of this tank utility ult has been rendered useless while its high cost remained unchanged.

Major protection is no longer a valid main buff and should be replaced with a unique high damage mitigation buff instead

This class ultimate is still the worst class ultimate of the game by a long shot for years on end

Aspect of terror + morphs : Had its debuffs removed a long time ago to become nothing more than a bog standart CC overshadowed by ANY other AOE CC avaiable

I am suprised that despite being stated to be looking into underused morph/skill those two skills wich people have been complaining for YEARS to have fallen to the point of being absolutely useless remained unadressed, I hope to see some change in the near future
    Edited by Foxtrot39 on April 19, 2022 8:04AM
  • chongguang
    chongguang
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone tested dk 4% damage nerfs ?