The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

PC NA server unstable past hour

• ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Why wasn't this found during the PTS?

It has nothing to do with something that would've been identified on the PTS.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Options
    Staff Post
  • RedTalon
    RedTalon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why wasn't this found during the PTS?

A lot use pts to test new things and plan ahead, that server seems more a test t ake sur eit doesn't destroy all files and such not a lot on it either.
    Edited by RedTalon on March 15, 2022 3:18AM
    Options
  • Iselin
    Iselin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hey everyone, just wanted to let you know that we are aware there are issues right now including lag, long loading screens and issues logging in, to name a few. While we are fairly certain we've identified the problem, it's likely not something we can fix tonight. We'll let you know when we have an update but just wanted to set realistic expectations here.

Thanks Gina. We'll muddle through :)

It actually has good periods when the load times are almost normal and even when it takes a loooong time, it does eventually load.

At any rate it's always just good to know that you're aware and working on it.
    Options
  • Iselin
    Iselin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Iselin wrote: »
    Been doing a few delves now that I know the zones where I'm missing those achievements.

Everything was fine up to about an hour ago but now I'm getting infinite load screens trying to go in or out of delves.

I tried with 3 different characters in 3 different zones and it seems to be happening everywhere.

It's processing all the achievements for every character as you load them, so trying different chars won't help, it'll probably only make it worse.

All my achievements were processed hours ago when the server was fine. I'm not making anything worse lol.
    Options
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »
    Possibly there's a large influx of players logging into the game on PC NA for the first time after the update, so the server might have a lot of CS-Achievements to convert into AW-Achievements right now. The same thing was happening on PC EU earlier, but it eventually seemed to settle down-- for me, at least.

And I was just reading in the online news about a solar storm that was expected to hit Earth today. When it rains, it pours...

I am very skeptical it is "lots of people logging in to check the new system." That is possible, but unlikely.

It is much more likely to be they made some mistakes in the changes and didn't get good load testing to test them out.

You quote my post, then concoct a sentence in quotation marks as though I had said it, but it isn't anything that I said? Wow, thank you ever so much-- NOT!
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
    Options
  • TechMaybeHic
    TechMaybeHic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hey everyone, just wanted to let you know that we are aware there are issues right now including lag, long loading screens and issues logging in, to name a few. While we are fairly certain we've identified the problem, it's likely not something we can fix tonight. We'll let you know when we have an update but just wanted to set realistic expectations here.

How about today?
    Options
  • Scaraben
    Scaraben
    ✭✭✭
    My IR prog last night was unable to reset after we finished the first run. People had load screens upwards of fifteen minutes long, and some had to force quit and relog to get out of the trial. Meanwhile, the lead wasn’t able to reset the trial. It kept switching itself to normal and kicking people out of the instance. All told, it took us close to an hour just to reset the trial once. Not to mention the skill lag while we were running the trial. Or the fact that it took probably fifteen minutes just to group up because the accepted invites didn’t seem to be processing. Brutal.
    Options
  • Grizzbeorn
    Grizzbeorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I hope you're also able to see that whatever these issues are, that seem to have started yesterday, they aren't affecting everyone.
    The lag and long loading screens that I WAS experiencing prior to yesterday's update seem to have vanished after the update.
    So whatever is happening now isn't global, and I hope the fix doesn't bring back the problems I and many others were having prior to update 33.
      PC/NA Warden Main
      Options
    • Vaoh
      Vaoh
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭

Hey Gina, do you know if console players will have this issue when we get the new update? (assuming the fix you mentioned is successful)
      Edited by Vaoh on March 15, 2022 4:13PM
      Options
    • Tevalaur
      Tevalaur
      ✭✭✭✭✭

Can we please have an update on what exactly would be "realistic expectations"? I wasn't able to find a word about the situation in today's DevTracker posts and it appears to be happening again tonight. Are we talking days or weeks to get it fixed? Can we have details on what went wrong and how likely it would be to recur?
      Is Uncle John's band calling you? Do you daydream about Sugar Magnolias? Is your favorite sunflower a China Cat? Tired of Truckin' alone to Terrapin Station? If so, share some Space with other hippies & deadheads in the guild Sunshine Daydream! Send a message in game (PC-NA) to Kaibeth for your invitation.
      Options
    • SimonThesis
      SimonThesis
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      We should have had an additional statement today even if they didn't have a solution yet. The silence today as the game is non-functional is unacceptable.
      Options
    • TechMaybeHic
      TechMaybeHic
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      They said in a thread about some other issue that performance issues should get better over the next couple days.

Here : https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/7542333#Comment_7542333
      Edited by TechMaybeHic on March 16, 2022 3:23AM
      Options
    • KMarble
      KMarble
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Logged in this evening, tried to list some stuff for sale. The bank interface was slow to respond (had to click a few times). After I listed one or two items, it stopped responding completely (I could add the item and calculate fees, but it didn't seem to go through. It wasn't frozen, it just didn't complete on the client side, I guess). One time when I hit R again I was taken to the main guild bank tab. The listing tab was empty and stated I had no items for sale, even though I had around 20.

Meanwhile zone chat (this was in Elden Root) was full of LFG calls, my guilds' chats are going crazy wondering what is and isn't working and sharing what didn't work for them. The mail system seems to be very slow too.

After a long loading screen I get to the Deadland to do dailies and tried sharing them with the many people asking. I kept getting notices that the people with whom I was grouped declined the quests. They hadn't. Sharing is also broken.

One person with whom I'd grouped up at some point said that they were missing the last part on their delve daily - it wasn't showing on their map. Luckily we had the same quest and I was able to guide them through the right places.

One more thing I noticed about the loading screen time. They seem to become less long, the longer I'm logged in. It was the same yesterday.
      Options
    • FeedbackOnly
      FeedbackOnly
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭

How about today?

I would settle with knowledge it's at least next week. We usually only have maintenance every two weeks. Can you imagine living with this for 2 weeks?
      Options
    • FeedbackOnly
      FeedbackOnly
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      KMarble wrote: »
      Logged in this evening, tried to list some stuff for sale. The bank interface was slow to respond (had to click a few times). After I listed one or two items, it stopped responding completely (I could add the item and calculate fees, but it didn't seem to go through. It wasn't frozen, it just didn't complete on the client side, I guess). One time when I hit R again I was taken to the main guild bank tab. The listing tab was empty and stated I had no items for sale, even though I had around 20.

Meanwhile zone chat (this was in Elden Root) was full of LFG calls, my guilds' chats are going crazy wondering what is and isn't working and sharing what didn't work for them. The mail system seems to be very slow too.

After a long loading screen I get to the Deadland to do dailies and tried sharing them with the many people asking. I kept getting notices that the people with whom I was grouped declined the quests. They hadn't. Sharing is also broken.

One person with whom I'd grouped up at some point said that they were missing the last part on their delve daily - it wasn't showing on their map. Luckily we had the same quest and I was able to guide them through the right places.

One more thing I noticed about the loading screen time. They seem to become less long, the longer I'm logged in. It was the same yesterday.

Can confirm bank was slow lagging 3 secs in input though sometimes it just doesn't load sell button

Selling wasn't slow like this Monday
      Options
    • James-Wayne
      James-Wayne
      ✭✭✭✭✭

To be fair I've had lag since 2014 so I'm not expecting that to be fixed but the other items would be great including the Group Finder, thanks!
      PERTH, AUSTRALIA | PC | NA | @Aussie-Elders

TENTH ANNIVERSARY - Thanks for sticking with us for 10 years.
      James-Wayne you earned this badge 9:56AM on 4th of February 2024.
      529 people have also earned this badge.
      Options
    • Flameweaver1951
      Flameweaver1951
      ✭✭✭

Is this also impacting XBOX (EU) ? Getting all sorts of messages from “you need to be logged in to play this game” to “the person who bought this game needs to sign in”

Edited by Flameweaver1951 on March 16, 2022 9:35AM
      Options
    • Reverb
      Reverb
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭

How about today?

Are we there yet?
      Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
      Options
    • peacenote
      peacenote
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭

@ZOS_GinaBruno Hi! I am still seeing extremely log load screens and am getting kicked out when I switch characters. It also took me about 4 minutes to post something for a guild sale. Is there an update?

Mainly I'm asking because I want to know if it's helpful to report issues, here or elsewhere, or if you know the cause and don't need to hear there is still an issue. It was around 8:30 EST, PC/NA.
      Edited by peacenote on March 18, 2022 12:59AM
      My #1 wish for ESO Today: Decouple achievements from character progress and tracking.
      • Advocate for this HERE.
      • Want the history of this issue? It's HERE.
      Options
    • SimonThesis
      SimonThesis
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Ever since the update loading screens take 10+ minutes and thats if you can even log in to begin with. Sad that they don't know what the problem is and have no timeline for any fixes.

Why do they even have a pts if they so many problems after each update?
      Options
    • bmnoble
      bmnoble
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭

So the solution they came up with instead of a hotfix or a maintenance, was to start an event while the issues are still unresolved.
      Options
    • p00tx
      p00tx
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      And now they've released this event (always causes lag. everyone knows this) during week one of the patch (also always brings lag. everyone knows this) :D The lag went from moderately annoying and workable, to extremely obnoxious and game breaking. Are they stress testing the servers or just punking us? :s:):(
      PC/Xbox NA Mindmender|Swashbuckler Supreme|Planes Breaker|Dawnbringer|Godslayer|Immortal Redeemer|Gryphon Heart|Tick-tock Tormentor|Dro-m'Athra Destroyer|Stormproof|Grand Overlord|Grand Mastercrafter|Master Grappler|Tamriel Hero
      Options
    • Grey_Wanderer
      Grey_Wanderer
      ✭✭✭
      I feel like somebody didn't really think through releasing a double xp/resource event while it's difficult to impossible to log in or change zones...
      Options
    • JoeCapricorn
      JoeCapricorn
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      These server issues have made the process of turning in writs a bit more painful.

On the plus side, it is convincing me to not spend a lot of time playing ESO tonight and instead getting stuff done.

I got new double-shield mantises and they are so cute with their little paws.
      I simp for vampire lords and Glemyos Wildhorn
      Options
    • phairdon
      phairdon
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      No valid internet connection
      account already logged in
      timed out

Playing from Oceania. PC/NA
      Your immersion is breaking my entitlement. Buff Sorc's. Darkshroud the cremator Death by furRubeus BlackFluffy knight BladesThe Fat PantherPsijic Fungal SausageFlesheater the VileCaspian Rafferty FernsbyArchfiend Warlock PiersThe Black BishopEvil Wizard Lizard (EU)Neberra Vestige Fajeon (EU)Salanis Deathstick (EU)Blood Mage Alchemist (EU)
      Options
    • Rogue_WolfESO
      Rogue_WolfESO
      ✭✭✭✭
      Been playing for a few hours no issues. Just finished vet pledges going to do something else when out of the blue its Game broken. Can't group, invites are sent but fails to join. Can't join dungeons as 4 person team even if you manage to group up somehow. Kicks 3 of 4 managing to get in with message saying we aren't in our groups instance. Loading times are comparable to a commodore 64 and swapping laptop sized floppys multiple times. I like nostalgia but not that kinda nostalgia lol
      Options
    • JoeCapricorn
      JoeCapricorn
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ^ speaking of nostalgia I've been playing through Commander Keen again. All 7 of them.

There is a speed-run of Commander Keen: Marooned on Mars that is literally shorter than this loading screen right now.
      I simp for vampire lords and Glemyos Wildhorn
      Options
    • Xandreia_
      Xandreia_
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Can't log in without being stuck in a load screen for 20 mins, can't queue into bgs cyrodiil or dungeons even with 4 people in the group, if you travel somewhere it's a long load screen, after nearly 8 years we are used to more things getting broken than getting fixed every patch but this is ridiculous
      Options
    • Fidget1302
      I play on PC/NA. I've been trying for the past hour to log into the game. When I first tried to log in it said I had been entered into a "log in que of 1 second" then went to the next screen as if it was going to load the character select screen, but instead it went back to log in screen with the error message "Cannot connect to game server. Check your internet connection to see if you have a valid internet connection". I checked my connection and it was fine. I tried several more times while keeping my eye on my internet connection window. It kept saying "Cannot connect to game server. Check your internet connection" despite my internet being connected and operating as it should. I even pulled up websites just to make sure, and everything on my end was working just fine with my internet connection. I closed out the game, restarted computer, ran the repair option on ESO until it was complete and allowed me to click play. I tried again and ran into the same problems as before. Outside of the "Cannot connect to game server. Check to see if you have a valid internet connection" error message the only other error message is "Login timed out" sometimes.

This happened on March 17th, 2022... between 8:30-9:30 PM. I am only posting this in here since this thread was started two days ago and there's various different issues going on with ques and logins. Sorry if this was a redundant post.
      Options
    • Zyva
      Zyva
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      whose bright idea was it to put on an event when the game is in such a awful state? its taking five minutes or more to do a single load screen (if i dont crash, and then be unable to log in through multiple different errors) and this has been going on for DAYS.
      Zyvä (Nightblade) ~ Purricâne (Sorcerer) ~ Boñfürr (Dragonknight) ~ Cätnïp (Warden) ~ Boñespùrr (Necromancer)~ Catsänova (Templar)
      Options