Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

PC NA server unstable past hour

• Iselin
    Iselin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    herkemur wrote: »
    Is there something special you have to do to "patch" the launcher?

I think they mean the repair option.
  • Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm not sure why I even bothered to get on last night. The wife and I came in to do the Fargrave dailies and it was a royal freaking disaster. 3 to 5 minute load screens just trying to get from one wayshrine to another, or going inside a dungeon, etc. We finally just gave up and logged out. This game is really turning into a mess.
  • Azrael001
    Azrael001
    ✭✭✭
    Iselin wrote: »
    herkemur wrote: »
    Is there something special you have to do to "patch" the launcher?

I think they mean the repair option.

Yeah, that's what I meant. But that only fixed it for ~4 loading screens over ~20 minutes unfortunately. I'm patching it again to see if it'll fix it again, since it only takes under 10 min for me to patch it, but over 25 min to get stuck in a loading screen.
  • Azrael001
    Azrael001
    ✭✭✭
    Alright, so the first repair "fixed" loading screens for ~20 minutes or 4 load screens, then I got stuck in another loading screen for a while. Second repair seems to have fixed the loading screens again for now, but I have no doubt I'll have to repair again after a bit.
  • Azrael001
    Azrael001
    ✭✭✭
    Second repair lasted for 2 load screens (including entering the game) over like 5 min max lol. Great game zos!
  • Sirona_Starr
    Sirona_Starr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can't use wayshrines to port to a different zone, can't port to a player, it crashes the game. Can't ride to a different zone.
    Guild chat has severe lag.
  • Marcusorion1
    Marcusorion1
    ✭✭✭✭
    logging in from requesting character load is taking forever. Took several minutes to actually log out on previous character.

Something new is terribly broken.
  • shadyjane62
    shadyjane62
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It is now 9:24 Mountain time us tried 3 times to get into house and timed out each time. Apparently I no longer have a valid internet connection.

Hope you get this message as I have to send by carrier pigeon because apparently I no longer have a valid interent connection.
  • Cruxanero
    Cruxanero
    ✭✭✭✭
    Azrael001 wrote: »
    Alright, so the first repair "fixed" loading screens for ~20 minutes or 4 load screens, then I got stuck in another loading screen for a while. Second repair seems to have fixed the loading screens again for now, but I have no doubt I'll have to repair again after a bit.

Don't think it has anything to do with repairing. I tested one character for about an hour, did a dungeon, BG, writs and so on. Loading times varied between almost instant and up to 4 minutes with no real pattern. First loading screen really long, then a quick one, then two almost eternally, then an instant one...
    Edited by Cruxanero on March 21, 2022 3:42PM
  • twev
    twev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cruxanero wrote: »
    Azrael001 wrote: »

Don't think it has anything to do with repairing. I tested one character for about an hour, did a dungeon, BG, writs and so on. Loading times varied between almost instant and up to 4 minutes with no real pattern. First loading screen really long, then a quick one, then two almost eternally, then an instant one...

RLG:
    Random Load-in Generator.
    It must have been part of the undocumented items in the patch/fix.

Edited by twev on March 21, 2022 3:46PM
    The problem with society these days is that no one drinks from the skulls of their enemies anymore.
  • Marcusorion1
    Marcusorion1
    ✭✭✭✭
    this mornings recent post :

ZOS_Kevin
    admin
    Hi All,

We wanted to provide an update on the issues many of you have been reporting over the last several days and after today’s maintenance.

We are aware and currently investigating issues some players are having on the North American PC/Mac megaserver regarding unusually long load times, latency and disconnections following today's maintenance. We have been working on changes in the background over the last week and weekend to improve the play experience. However, we have identified the issue and will be bringing down the server for maintenance at 12:30PM EDT / 16:30 UTC to address it.

We also want to note that we have seen some PC-EU players express they are experiencing similar issues. We are investigating this as well.

We will update as new information becomes available. We know this has been frustrating for many of you, so thank you for your continued patience as we are working through these issues.
  • Iselin
    Iselin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Quick FYI. They think they have a fix and will be bringing the servers down in half an hour to patch it:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/7547483#Comment_7547483
  • Rataroto
    Rataroto
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bro, so who stepped on and offed one of hamsters?

> 10 minutes from character login screen to loading in game
    > 10 minutes in loading screen to port to a house
    > have to read on my screen, while listening to a live podcast, that I need to 'make sure I have a valid internet connection'

Come on now... everyone knows I'm streaming with the power of telepathy, but you don't have to go telling everyone now do you?
    Edited by Rataroto on March 21, 2022 3:54PM
  • LalMirchi
    LalMirchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just chiming in to say that the game is indeed borked at the moment. Looooong loading screens, long log-out times, failure to list items in guild bank, extremely long load while porting to house.

I will watch this forum for news.

Not happy :(
  • Bitter_Apple21
    @Iselin

Agreed.

As tank, finder this morning worked instantly. Almost back to normal. Had some queue drops due to others declining - normal. When got in, no lag, no screen freeze, pickup windows did not need me to wait 5 secs for the screen to refresh.

Asked the other group members and one said still buggy, no comment from the others The best part is the in game performance was not laggy at all.

:)

However, to others, any "porting" or "exiting" or character loading, took not seconds but minutes. Maybe that is why they are bringing it down again in 25 mins.

It was nice to get back into a dungeon again, rather than farming glyphs, etc.

Hope this latest maint period brings it back to pre patch performance.

• Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PC/EU server connection still very slow for me, pre-maintenance (12:20pm EDT on March 21). (partial) Pathping data (to 159.100.230.1):
    Hop RTT Lost/Sent = Pct Lost/Sent = Pct Address
    0/ 100 = 0% |
    3 --- 100/ 100 =100% 100/ 100 =100% 154.11.12.198
    0/ 100 = 0% |
    4 6ms 0/ 100 = 0% 0/ 100 = 0% ae3.zayo.mpr1.yvr2.ca.zip.zayo.com [64.125.15.12]
    100/ 100 =100% |
    5 --- 100/ 100 =100% 0/ 100 = 0% ae15.cs2.sea1.us.zip.zayo.com [64.125.30.92]
    Trace complete.

PC/NA server not available at this time (still down for maintenance). Current pathping results (to 198.20.200.1):
    Hop RTT Lost/Sent = Pct Lost/Sent = Pct Address
    9/ 100 = 9% |
    3 --- 100/ 100 =100% 91/ 100 = 91% seattle.bb.telus.com [154.11.15.109]
    0/ 100 = 0% |
    4 93ms 13/ 100 = 13% 4/ 100 = 4% ae57.edge6.Seattle1.Level3.net [4.14.240.209]
    0/ 100 = 0% |
    5 --- 100/ 100 =100% 91/ 100 = 91% 4.69.210.141
    0/ 100 = 0% |
    6 --- 100/ 100 =100% 91/ 100 = 91% ZENIMAX-MED.ear1.Dallas1.Level3.net [4.71.220.10]
    0/ 100 = 0% |
    7 131ms 9/ 100 = 9% 0/ 100 = 0% 198.20.200.1
    Trace complete.

I'm not convinced that server maintenance is going to fix the network issue part of the problem.
    Edited by Pyr0xyrecuprotite on March 21, 2022 4:43PM
  • Paralyse
    Paralyse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just a quick note that ping is no longer a reliable indicator of connectivity since many routers and switches actively block the port used for ICMP ping requests (or the ping packet gets intercepted and blocked by cloud-based DDoS prevention algorithms.)

In addition, even if the traffic is allowed to pass through, network quality of service (QoS) protocols will usually down-prioritize ping requests to the lowest level, meaning that all other traffic will receive priority preference; as a result, a busy router or switch will often time out a ping request or show high latency even when that's not truly indicative of connectivity.

Paralyse, Sanguine's Tester - Enjoying ESO since beta. Trial clears: vSS HM, Crag HM's, vRG Oax HM, vMoL DD, vKA HM, vCR+1, vAS IR, vDSR, vSE
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Iselin

Agreed.

As tank, finder this morning worked instantly. Almost back to normal. Had some queue drops due to others declining - normal. When got in, no lag, no screen freeze, pickup windows did not need me to wait 5 secs for the screen to refresh.

Asked the other group members and one said still buggy, no comment from the others The best part is the in game performance was not laggy at all.

:)

However, to others, any "porting" or "exiting" or character loading, took not seconds but minutes. Maybe that is why they are bringing it down again in 25 mins.

It was nice to get back into a dungeon again, rather than farming glyphs, etc.

Hope this latest maint period brings it back to pre patch performance.

I would like to try new dungeons out finally
  • DLM
    DLM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are we going to be able to play today?
  • Bitter_Apple21
    Shows online now.

Gonna find out.

• Bitter_Apple21
    Up, but first character load taking time.......not yet in.
  • Seravi
    Seravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ugh still stuck at character load. Now I am stuck in the outlaw refuge in Vvardenfell. I can't get out!!!
  • Vykkr
    Vykkr
    Soul Shriven
    Up, but first character load taking time.......not yet in.

Same here... still trying to load my character into the game. When I started the launcher, it didn't look like I had to download any patch or anything like that either.
  • RedTalon
    RedTalon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gets stuck on char loading in and ny gpu usage spikes to 99 percent while it loads and tmeps sky rocket.
  • Bitter_Apple21
    The only thing that I noted is before selecting the character, the event window (lower left) showed 0 secs left on the event. It then bumped up to 16 hours or something.

Still not in yet however.

So I wonder if a new launcher is needed and I jumped to quickly.

• Bitter_Apple21
    now in.

5 min oh well..
  • cepheus74
    cepheus74
    ✭✭
    Just going to leave this here...still issues ZOS
    qwguze4ol7a3.png
  • Seravi
    Seravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still stuck at character load. Nothing is fixed. Went into the outlaws refuge and can't get out for loading screens. @ZOS_Kevin we have a problem. :(
  • Phreeki
    Phreeki
    ✭✭✭
    Just tried 3 times to log in on NA PC 3 different toons 15 mins each just got the infinite logging in screen.
  • phairdon
    phairdon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Phreeki wrote: »
    Just tried 3 times to log in on NA PC 3 different toons 15 mins each just got the infinite logging in screen.

Trying to log onto a character or change zones takes an eternity.
    Your immersion is breaking my entitlement. Buff Sorc's. Darkshroud the cremator Death by furRubeus BlackFluffy knight BladesThe Fat PantherPsijic Fungal SausageFlesheater the VileCaspian Rafferty FernsbyArchfiend Warlock PiersThe Black BishopEvil Wizard Lizard (EU)Neberra Vestige Fajeon (EU)Salanis Deathstick (EU)Blood Mage Alchemist (EU)