Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ESO PvP Update [Updated June 2022]

• auz
    auz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Spoiler: recoding pvp is costing too much money. Everyone gets 27th edition of the cat pet, this time with a slightly different colour frosted tips. Unless you pvp, then you get access to this new game breaking set, if you buy the new dlc.
    Also making some adjustments to bgs, now you will no longer be able to fight or kill people in Domination or capture the relic and will lose points for using skills.
    Suprise announcement, recoding of overland is just about complete and the upgrade to make mud crab movements more natural is on the pts now, to check out.
  • Stamicka
    Stamicka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would you look at that, we are in the final quarter of the year already. It’s been dangerously quiet. Is this happening?
  • Crom_CCCXVI
    Crom_CCCXVI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I posted this thread.... it's not meant to be mean, it is just as a long time ESO PvPer, none of my friends are happy with where the game is at..

It's so frustrating to see this game going in the absolute wrong direction the past few years...
    Right now
    -- there is No Q for Cyrodil's main campaign on a Friday or Sat night (PS4 NA)
    -- In PvE you can't tell what sets you are wearing unless you look at the name (I'll explain later)
    -- I have friends in Battlegrounds posting 3million dmg with 1 kill and like 5 assists.

THERE IS SO LITTLE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN SETS IT IS DUMB
    Is this a misguided quest for balance by essentially making everything the same? Balance should be "Roles" or Good vs this, Bad vs this.. like remember when DK's were a nightmare for Sorcs, and Templars were a nightmare for DK's and Nightblades were a nightmare for anyone standing by themselves not paying attention?

Now I'm playing World of Tanks in PvP.
    The average enemy is 35k health, 25k armor, in some ultra fast moving ball group that can't be CC'd and and good luck if I can even 1 focus one enemy with the tiny target window and delays on skills... regardless the hardest hitting skill I am going to muster after the Nerf's to heavy attacks is probably around 15k..
    ----

When I say all damage sets are the same...
    --- Don't you think something that only improves FIRE or LIGHTNING Damage should actually make a difference on that?
    I can show up with generic damage at 6000 (for example) or where a specified set and get maybe 6300... That is absolutely irrelevant, especially in PvP.
    -- I know many people hate proc sets, but regardless 95% of them are worthless-- what good is a 5k proc? Nothing much.
    -- If set does one thing, or only effects one kind of enemy it should matter.

I would hope the declining numbers in PvP would inspire ESO to reach out to the main player base, instead of whomever they are listening to now (it has to be ball groups or stam trolls with no interest in the actual game who want to be able to run away whenever they are hit, and anytime they die the game is broken and something needs nerfed)--- I say that, because these are the only effective builds in PvP at this point.

I have played Max Dmg. Single Target DPS for 5 years. I can frequently have 7k dmg, 25k pen, Crit dmg of +35%, with a 4 skill non-crit tool tip combo of 60k+, on the rare occasion I hit it perfect, everything Crits, most players still walk away. This isn't me bragging, I'm just making the point I understand damage, I love theory crafting, I like to play non-conventional even stupid builds once and a while... but right now this is so mundane, obviously others feel that way aslo, looking at the population.

I'd start by taking every damage set and TRIPLING every number on them (if something is ludicrious, fine, nerf that one set.. still better than right now) , and then maybe work down from there, unless this is exactly what you want, in which case just say so... so people like myself give up all hope and move on.
    Edited by Crom_CCCXVI on October 2, 2022 4:17AM
  • Dangranma_Burgrukgad
    Dangranma_Burgrukgad
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stamicka wrote: »
    Would you look at that, we are in the final quarter of the year already. It’s been dangerously quiet. Is this happening?

Do people really believed they would recode the game just for the sake for PvPers?
    Hint: the post is not pinned anymore, let it just fade away ........ in the silence ....... like some other promise they made ......

Disclaimer: this post contain no bashing, I can bring evidence to what I wrote.

• DirtyDeeds765
    DirtyDeeds765
    ✭✭✭✭
    MrLasagna wrote: »
    Stamicka wrote: »

Do people really believed they would recode the game just for the sake for PvPers?
    Hint: the post is not pinned anymore, let it just fade away ........ in the silence ....... like some other promise they made ......

Disclaimer: this post contain no bashing, I can bring evidence to what I wrote.

This post is still pinned in the General section.

PVP'ers make up a major piece of the ESO pie and will make up an even larger one once performance is fixed.
  • malistorr
    malistorr
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gave up on Grey Host altogether as the only time I can play is basically prime time and I cannot use any bow skills during that time due to horrible performance/lag.
    Edited by malistorr on October 3, 2022 9:14PM
  • Casul
    Casul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I gave the game another try back early this year, had an ok time. But the main issue for me is lack of PvP rewards. I need something to spend my AP on.
    PvP needs more love.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BuildMan wrote: »
    I gave the game another try back early this year, had an ok time. But the main issue for me is lack of PvP rewards. I need something to spend my AP on.

I've always said that they need to make an AP exclusive house to motivate PvPers to grind more. Something that would cost like 10,000,000 to 100,000,000 AP. They had the right idea by making tel var exclusive style pages, but why not sweeten the pot a little bit? There are plenty of us sitting on hundreds of millions of AP. Let us have some exclusive perks.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only 2.5 months left in this year. Is there any chance we are going to receive an update on this sometime soon?
    @ReactSlower - PC/NA - 2000+ CP
    React Faster - XB/NA - 1500+ CP
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From the other thread:
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    No update as of right now, @React. But when we have an update, we will share across our social channels and on the forum in a specific post highlighting any updates.

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    @malistorr No update on the recode that we are ready to share yet. But we will pass on feedback to the dev team that the community is looking for an update regarding this project. Once we have an update ready, we will post it to all of our official channels, including here on the forum.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • malistorr
    malistorr
    ✭✭✭✭
    No update on the recode or if it's actually being done. Can we at least get confirmation that this is still a thing and it will (eventually) be done?

No update on when the game will work in cloud streaming. Can we also get confirmation that the plan is for this to eventually work?

Console server updates scheduled for some time in 2023 from what I've read here. I have to admit I'm really disappointed that this is all the information ZOS/Microsoft is willing to share with their paying customers. Thank you for posting an update however even if it was just to say, "I have nothing that I'm allowed to say."
    Edited by malistorr on October 11, 2022 9:00PM
  • evoniee
    evoniee
    ✭✭✭✭
    eso pvp is dead since late 2019, better do something else, all the vet already move on.
  • SPR_of_HA_community
    SPR_of_HA_community
    ✭✭✭✭
    I PVP with loging screan after crushing.

Some times I even win )))
  • SPR_of_HA_community
    SPR_of_HA_community
    ✭✭✭✭
    malistorr wrote: »
    Gave up on Grey Host altogether as the only time I can play is basically prime time and I cannot use any bow skills during that time due to horrible performance/lag.

The same problem. Skills do not press.

And HA builds are nerfed )

Immortal tanks everywhere.

And you need to kill it before game crush )))
    Edited by SPR_of_HA_community on November 2, 2022 3:33PM
  • DirtyDeeds765
    DirtyDeeds765
    ✭✭✭✭
    No update on the recode or if it's actually being done. Can we at least get confirmation that this is still a thing and it will (eventually) be done?

No update on when the game will work in cloud streaming. Can we also get confirmation that the plan is for this to eventually work?

Console server updates scheduled for some time in 2023 from what I've read here. I have to admit I'm really disappointed that this is all the information ZOS/Microsoft is willing to share with their paying customers. Thank you for posting an update however even if it was just to say, "I have nothing that I'm allowed to say."

Gina gave us an update on June 23rd, 2022 that "all the aforementioned background work is still ongoing". And the mod above you said that no update is currently available but when there is one, they'll let us know.

It's coming man.
    Hi everyone,

While all the aforementioned backend work is still ongoing, including sourcing the new hardware for PC EU and console megaservers, we did want to share a couple changes coming to PvP that will be going into Update 35.

First, we’re implementing some tech that will allow us to easily activate special Battleground weekends, without requiring any server downtime to start or stop. The plan will be to feature a single game mode over several days and also grant 25% increased AP while participating.

Outside of these recurring Battleground features, we’re also planning to increase the amount of XP you can earn doing various types of PvP activities within Cyrodiil and Imperial City including killing monsters and other player characters, or completing quests in these areas.

We look forward to testing everything out in the next PTS cycle so we can officially kick these off once Update 35 launches.

Edited by DirtyDeeds765 on November 9, 2022 1:34AM
  • RevJJ
    RevJJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cyrodiil in November 2022:

Ride to a big fight. Crash to login due to “unknown error”.

Load character.
    Lost lobby connection.
    Repeat.
  • blktauna
    blktauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, I don't believe there's a rewrite happening. I would love to be utterly wrong but I'm mentally prepared for this horrid state of affairs to be what I need to work with from now onwards.
    PCNA
    PCEU
  • RMW
    RMW
    ✭✭✭✭
    RevJJ wrote: »
    Cyrodiil in November 2022:

Ride to a big fight. Crash to login due to “unknown error”.

Load character.
    Lost lobby connection.
    Repeat.

And then

"This account is already logged in"
  • Kaysha
    Kaysha
    ✭✭✭✭
    blktauna wrote: »
    Honestly, I don't believe there's a rewrite happening. I would love to be utterly wrong but I'm mentally prepared for this horrid state of affairs to be what I need to work with from now onwards.

I don´t think they will do a rewrite either. It is pretty obvious, that this whole problem is just a matter of costs. Without a subscription model there is probably no sufficient cash flow for adequate servers + adequate staff. And rewriting is probably even more expensive than new servers or more server capacity.

Cut content or cut performance. They chose to cut performance.
  • Steel_Heart777
    Steel_Heart777
    ✭✭✭
    I am so tired of complaining, I gave up years ago but I have to say this now. I just came back after a year break because Cyrodiil pvp was completely unplayable. Unsurprisingly, Cyrodiil pvp is still completely and utterly unplayable. I would say that it's worse now than ever before, which makes no sense since I'm playing with the best setup I can for console.

Noteworthy pretenses: PS5, wired connection, fastest available internet 1.5g speed, all wi-fi's in home turned off, wired controller, best available ethernet cable, performance mode
    (so don't tell me to "check my internet connection" zos)

Why I'm done:
    - skills do not fire
    - when pressing a skill, character seizures in place while I watch helplessly as character dies
    - if lucky, skill will fire after 4-7 button presses, by which time I'm long dead or target is gone
    - why would I bother logging in? for the same mounts to be reskinned 47 times?
    - please for the love of god, make Cyrodiil pvp playable
    - I can't imagine forfeiting 8 years of progress to switch to PC simply because of this sheer incompetence
    - I don't have any hope left, I'm shouting into the void
    - What the f?
    - Seriously though?
    Edited by Steel_Heart777 on November 16, 2022 8:29PM
    • PS5 NA - EP Since Launch
    • CP 2400+
    • 2nd Ever EP Grand Overlord PS4 NA - Spartan Ze - Stamblade AR50
    • PactBerserkr - Stamden AR50
    • Lord Bigdaddysmash - Stamcro AR50
  • Kaysha
    Kaysha
    ✭✭✭✭
    They should probably create a dedicated Cyrodiil server that you can only access with ESO plus.
    If we have to acknowledge that costs are a problem and make lag free PvP impossible, then we will have to pay for it.

It would be interesting to see if subs will go up when you have lag free PvP.
    Let BR and IC (cp) be accessible without ESO plus and accept lags there. The rest can only be played with ESO plus and is guaranteed lag free.
    I would definitely resubscribe.
  • Lebkuchen
    Lebkuchen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We have been talking and laughing about crown store items like "get out of combat scrolls" and "one hour lag free cyrodiil scrolls" for years. I know a lot of people who would pay extra for better performance in PvP and do not really care about questing, dungeons and card games. I would love to buy additional PvP DLCs and subscribe to "ESO+ extra PvP golden prime whatever" if it gave us better performance and more content. But i fear it is not that easy.
  • Karivaa
    Karivaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven’t played ESO in months due to a move. Have they fixed the Xbox servers yet?
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Karivaa wrote: »
    I haven’t played ESO in months due to a move. Have they fixed the Xbox servers yet?

Only the PC NA servers have been replaced. That being said, since the recent U36 launched, the PC NA Cyrodiil experience during prime time has been so laggy that it is borederline unplayable most of the time. From around 7PM - 12AM, it seems like every night since U36 grayhost has had consistent 3-5 second skill delays across the entire map. I experienced the same skill delays friday, saturday, and sunday night this past weekend in pop-locked blackreach as well.

While this still isn't quite as bad as console, this is by far the worst performance we've seen since they replaced the servers. The lag seems to be getting worse consistently each patch, and this most recent patch has represented a huge step backwards for our "upgraded" performance.

Amidst all of this they aren't giving us any solid update on their year long "code rewrite" that is nearly 11 months into it's estimated one year completion date, which is equally concerning.

To top it off, they even cancelled the tel var event this year! Talk about a slap in the face.
    @ReactSlower - PC/NA - 2000+ CP
    React Faster - XB/NA - 1500+ CP
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • malistorr
    malistorr
    ✭✭✭✭
    "periodic updates about the re-architecture progress over the course of the year."

?
  • coletas
    coletas
    ✭✭✭✭
    "periodic updates about the re-architecture progress over the course of the year."

?

Just they didnt tell the year lol

Now seriously... Anyone still believe something from this guys?

Return us the money so we at least can play a real multiplayer game and not this bunch of spaguetti code with lag.
  • Goodall
    Goodall
    ✭✭
    I stopped playing ESO back in 2020 because of the bad pvp performance in Cyrodil and I came back to see if any of the promised "changes" has made any difference.

Well from reading most of the stuff on the internet about it, seems it hasn't. Which sadly sucks as I thought an almost two year break will be enough time to sort this problem out.

PVP has had performance issues for years all the way back since the Beta. However It does feel like every time I do decide to back to ESO after a break the performance is only getting worse.

I will only now ever go back to ESO if I see good evidence that they have actually improved the performance in Cyrodil.

• TechMaybeHic
    TechMaybeHic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [
    Goodall wrote: »
    I stopped playing ESO back in 2020 because of the bad pvp performance in Cyrodil and I came back to see if any of the promised "changes" has made any difference.

Well from reading most of the stuff on the internet about it, seems it hasn't. Which sadly sucks as I thought an almost two year break will be enough time to sort this problem out.

PVP has had performance issues for years all the way back since the Beta. However It does feel like every time I do decide to back to ESO after a break the performance is only getting worse.

I will only now ever go back to ESO if I see good evidence that they have actually improved the performance in Cyrodil.

It was better earlier this year on PCNA when they replaced the servers. Its gradually went downhill from there and the weekends especially are bad again
  • Mrtoobyy
    Mrtoobyy
    ✭✭✭✭
    coletas wrote: »

?

Just they didnt tell the year lol

Now seriously... Anyone still believe something from this guys?

Return us the money so we at least can play a real multiplayer game and not this bunch of spaguetti code with lag.

Well said. My faith in this company is pretty much gone by now. This year my last hope faded away for this game.
    I still play it but I treat it more like an arcade game now, log in and do some BG's then log out.
    If anyone else has been here since beta aswell you probably remember how ZOS treated this game and had much better communication with us.

It felt like this game was heading towards being the best game ever released then something just happened. Like a house renovation being stopped halfway