The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

ESO PvP Update [Updated June 2022]

• React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    laniakea_0 wrote: »
    oh, that one is going to be around for a while longer yet, I think... first, they'll have to finish the code rework (which they should be working on with redoubled effort now that hardware upgrade is almost done). if that one doesn't fix it right away, they'll start working on a subsequent update that ought to address it.

That is... extremely hopeful for a company that has quite literally done nothing but fail to deliver on performance improvements and bugfixes for the better part of a decade.
    @ReactSlower - PC/NA - 2000+ CP
    React Faster - XB/NA - 1500+ CP
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • edward_frigidhands
    edward_frigidhands
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am optimistic that we will hear more.

I am hoping PvP performance is the primary focus leading up to the next patch.

I guess I was wrong...
  • Tyrant_Tim
    Tyrant_Tim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    React wrote: »
    React wrote: »
    Xandreia_ wrote: »
    Wolfkeks wrote: »
    ESO Live on the 10th so hopefully we get an update on stream? 😅

Most likely not though

I wouldn't be too sure about that. this thread has gained some traction again but they haven't said anything yet. they may be holding back for a big announcement. also, now that the hardware upgrade is complete on all but 1 severer, implementing code changes is the next logical step. but the most important indicator is that the banner of the news article is clearly referencing the Alliance War PvP:
    https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/64391

we might actually get a large set of changes with Update 39. after all, they did promise that this year, they would focus of QoL changes

I've got a feeling that U39 will offer nothing of significance as far as cyro/performance goes. I hope I'm wrong, but their unwillingness to communicate to me just seems like an indication that they have nothing positive to share. I mean given the nature of the issues that the code rewrite is targeting, don't you think if they'd made significant progress they'd want to update the community that is literally begging for scraps of information regarding it?

The faction colors and forward camp in the banner hardly mean anything - they've used AWA graphics in non-pvp related marketing material numerous times.

apparently, U39 includes 31 pages worth of bug fixes. some of these have got to be for cyrodiil...

Well, they just made another developer post updating us about the hyperthreading project. That post essentially says that they've made no progress, and they no longer have an ETA for completion. Reminder, they also told us there would be "no pvp content" until they finished that project, which was initially projected to be completed by the end of 2022.

As for 31 pages of bugfixes - I'm positive that the vast majority of those will be quest, dungeon, and QOL related rather than combat related.

And so the scrolls foretold…
  • Pelanora
    Pelanora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sooo..... nothing lately on the new architecture?
  • Galeriano
    Galeriano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pelanora wrote: »
    Sooo..... nothing lately on the new architecture?

Well article says that they "won’t be adding any new features to PvP until the work mentioned above is complete" which is a perfect excuse if You think about it. They will never finish that work mentioned above. 2022 went by and than 2023 and it feels like we are in the same or even worse than we've been when that article was released but that gives them excuse to not add anything new to PvP. After so many years and so many articles it's becoming more and more obvious they are just feeding people with hopes to keep them engaged with minimal effort.
    Edited by Galeriano on January 7, 2024 3:47AM
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    When Brian Wheeler updated us on the population cap stress test he also mentioned they were “stressing the overall architecture” or something along those lines. So maybe it’s finished? Idk.
  • RetPing
    RetPing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It will be interesting to see in the year reaveal on Twitch that we should have sooon if they will mention PvP at least once or if they will continue with the tradition of banning people from the chat for just mentioning it.

It will probably make me decide if I will continue to play this game.
  • finehair
    finehair
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just abandoned any kind of hope that I have for PvP updates. I'm always assuming the worse regarding this topic, so if something bad happens it doesn't feel as bad anymore since I was expecting it.
  • Wycks
    Wycks
    ✭✭✭✭
    At this point even some low hanging fruit would helpful. Maybe just scrap the improvements since the code is all spaghetti, and instead do some actual work.

Change keep Designs - They have been poorly designed for 10 years, a cosmetic change would be nice.
    Meta capture points - Resources are useless, which was not the intent, design better resources and make them have an actual difference.

Mount Bug - Seriously how many people log out , how many battles are lost. No one wants to run across a map.
    Unkillable Tanks - Not great for immersion or battle , ridiculous.
    Ball groups Nothing hurts the game more, its actually still fun to PvP when there are no ball groups.
    The numbers thing is always going to be there, but it’s more down to player skill and there are ways through ability choice to configure a group to be stronger vs. large groups of people. - BRAIN WHEELER - 2012 - LOL
  • TechMaybeHic
    TechMaybeHic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm assuming pvp is an "as is" product at the moment. I was surprised to see the population testing, and I'd be surprised if anything comes out of it. If something does, I kind if expect something most pvpers don't really want. Like that thing with using companions in Cyrodiil to get pvpers to participate in that system
  • RMW
    RMW
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mmh not holding my breath regarding the population test...
  • SaffronCitrusflower
    SaffronCitrusflower
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm assuming pvp is an "as is" product at the moment. I was surprised to see the population testing, and I'd be surprised if anything comes out of it. If something does, I kind if expect something most pvpers don't really want. Like that thing with using companions in Cyrodiil to get pvpers to participate in that system

In my view the take home message is "Take it or leave it. Have a nice day and thank you for your understanding. Oh, and by the way, don't even think about asking us about PvP or Cyrodiil during any of our live streams."

Edited by SaffronCitrusflower on January 10, 2024 3:47PM