The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.1 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

PTS Update 23 - Feedback Thread for Multi-Bidding

• Merlight
    Merlight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Merlight wrote: »
    But the pressure on all hubs will increase bcs one troll can hit 10 guilds and make them bid higher.

No, one troll cannot hit ten guilds. One troll can try and hit 10 guilds but will only ever hit a maximum of one guild. Just like they can now.
    I do understand your anxiety, but the confusion between 10x more bids (true) and 10x more bidders leads to some people becoming irrational.

No a troll guild can multi bid on 10 guilds meaning that the 10 guilds have to bid high to fend off the troll.

At the moment the troll can only bid on one so the ratio of risk is one in ten and the troll guild have to try and guess who will be unsuspecting and low-balling that week.

The ratio of risk will go up to ten in ten. As in whoever of those ten guilds bids the lowest will loose. So no-on can afford to low ball.

So the problem is that established guilds won't be able to keep their spot while bidding way below market value of that spot?

Market value is set by supply and demand. One of the principles of supply and demand is this:

If demand increases and supply remains unchanged, then it leads to higher equilibrium price

How does that relate to the topic at hand? I don't see how multi-bidding translates to increased demand. 1 trader kiosk (supply) satisfies the demand of 1 guild, regardless of how many bids they placed.
    EU ‣ Wabbajack nostalgic ‣ Blackwater Blade defender ‣ Kyne wanderer
    The offspring of the root of all evil in ESO by DeanTheCat
    Why ESO needs a monthly subscription
    When an MMO is designed around a revenue model rather than around fun, it doesn’t have a long-term future.Richard A. Bartle
    Their idea of transparent, at least when it comes to communication, bears a striking resemblance to a block of coal.lordrichter
    ... in the balance of power between the accountants and marketing types against the artists, developers and those who generally want to build and run a good game then that balance needs to always be in favour of the latter - because the former will drag the game into the ground for every last bean they can squeeze out of it.Santie Claws
  • silvereyes
    silvereyes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    How does that relate to the topic at hand? I don't see how multi-bidding translates to increased demand. 1 trader kiosk (supply) satisfies the demand of 1 guild, regardless of how many bids they placed.
    Not going to repeat myself. I'll just link https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6213805/#Comment_6213805

• Dont_do_drugs
    Dont_do_drugs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But the pressure on all hubs will increase bcs one troll can hit 10 guilds and make them bid higher.

No, one troll cannot hit ten guilds. One troll can try and hit 10 guilds but will only ever hit a maximum of one guild. Just like they can now.
    I do understand your anxiety, but the confusion between 10x more bids (true) and 10x more bidders leads to some people becoming irrational.

No a troll guild can multi bid on 10 guilds meaning that the 10 guilds have to bid high to fend off the troll.

At the moment the troll can only bid on one so the ratio of risk is one in ten and the troll guild have to try and guess who will be unsuspecting and low-balling that week.

The ratio of risk will go up to ten in ten. As in whoever of those ten guilds bids the lowest will loose. So no-on can afford to low ball.

So the problem is that established guilds won't be able to keep their spot while bidding way below market value of that spot?

there is nothing wrong about growing something like a backup to defend in hard time. if you always bid max of your taxes and donations, you cant defend if you are really "attacked by someone who wants your spot, even if his guilds totally underperforms on that spot. imagine user xy, playing 4 years, growing a bank acc of 150m and decides to make a trade guild bcs its fun and then yolos high bids from his private bank on a guild which is running pretty decent. why shouldnt a guild be allowed to rely on funds. thats the point of economy - beeing in financial win zone to be able to invest when necessary. do you have any idea what your guild members tell you, if you ask each week for donations from those who didnt trade at quota level and ask them to have a quota and then a random pve guild appears yolo and you're not able to defend your spot?
    Edited by Dont_do_drugs on July 15, 2019 4:17PM

Get Stuff like this (but not this stuff)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

"I have too admit. People leading trade guilds in this game are quite stupid. Not stupid like fools, but stupid like leaders.
    They can only bla-bla and waste gold on feeding their ego. I am disappointed."

Egal, wie gut du Schach spielst, die Taube wird alle Figuren umwerfen, auf das Brett kacken und herumstolzieren, als hätte sie gewonnen.

Arkadius Trade Tools
    Modular framework, now open for authors who want to add own tabs.

My Donation (Arkadius' Trade Tools Addon)
    First external ATT tab contribution.

Port to Friend's House Addon
    Check out the new Port to Friend's House library and port to contributers houses:
    Deutsch | English

• girlpoison
    girlpoison
    ✭✭✭
    silvereyes wrote: »
    Of all the bad options, in my opinion, a 2-bid limit would be the best. The dynamic changes significantly if each guild has to decide whether to take a risk on locating their single backup bid in a strong hub, or target a weaker hub. The chances of rippling disruptions are also significantly reduced.

I agree with this, but I don't think we should have to settle for a lesser evil. Dozens of people, maybe more at this point all saying how detrimental this change will be to trade guilds and management's QoL. If ZOS ignores our pleas to scrap the multi-bid system, I don't know how I could continue to support a game where the developers care so little about the player's desires.
    PC/NA @Scarlett - GM of East Empire Trading Co & West Empire Trading Co
  • martinhpb16_ESO
    martinhpb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Market value is set by supply and demand. One of the principles of supply and demand is this:

If demand increases and supply remains unchanged, then it leads to higher equilibrium price

Because the chances of being bid against by another guild goes up considerably. Multi bidding favours troll guilds, and factions with the most gold and influence.

Therefore bid prices go up. At the moment if a guild expects an attack they push up their bid amount. With multi-bidding the chance of an attack goes up massively.

Currently only a handful of guilds lose on each platform every week. The fallout of this has significant impact and varies according to the reason for the loss. One of the things we keep pointing out is that the impact is also on well-being and relationships.

The chance for a lesser guild to be displaced by one with more money which has spread its backup bids is going to go up.

The amount of bids on trade spots will go up, thereby pushing up prices and excluding weaker guilds.

Its been explained quite a lot of times on this thread and the other two threads about this subject and unfortunately I'm too tired to go through it again which is more of a reflection on me than you :)
    At least the spelling is difficult for you.
    Hew's Bane*
  • silvereyes
    silvereyes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    girlpoison wrote: »
    I agree with this, but I don't think we should have to settle for a lesser evil.
    I would think as one who has played this game a while, you would be well acquainted with settling for lesser evils. :trollface:
    Seriously, though, I don't recall ZOS ever backing down once the development is mostly finished.

They don't view PTS as asking, "should we do this thing?" or "what features should we add to this thing?" They view it as asking, "what's the minimal amount of work remaining for us to ship this thing?"
  • chess1ukb16_ESO
    chess1ukb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Update 23 and the multi bidding is a wonderful addition to the game. I am sure it will need some tweaking as 10 is a bit much. 4-5 seems ample but I suspect you will make that change before it goes live. If not no biggy as no one is forced to bid on 10 spots each week.

This very positive inclusion will help me in some ways and adversely affect me in others but it is VERY good for the game as a way to protect hardworking guilds from trolls and other nefarious sniping that goes on and enable newer hard working Guilds to get a foot on the ladder.

I would like the ability as I have previously said to amend a bid down or delete it, in case of erroneous extra digit and also amend permissions so all my members that now pay fees or just donate in Guilds that still use the voluntary system, can see them without exposing the Guilds bid.

Thx ZoS for introducing this system. The first few weeks and months maybe crazy but once the excess gold starts to get drawn from the game it should be wonderful.
    Ireniicus
    GM - Tamriel Traders Guild (TTG); Divine Deals; Allmart & The Alchemist Emporium
  • Merlight
    Merlight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Introducing no-risk backup bids increases the chances of being targeted by new kinds of bids:
    • Backup bids from a higher tier
    • Probe bids with ever increasing amounts each week
    • Troll/grief bids with ever increasing amounts each week
    • Bids from lower tiers that can only afford to win higher tiers periodically by saving up

It only takes a week or two of loosing your preferred kiosk to these kind of bids before you start increasing your primary bid, or move elsewhere.
    • Backup bids from a higher tier -- these only come into play after higher tiers lose their bids. Do you think they will be consistently losing their bids en masse, or will the dust settle?
    • Probe bids -- if you feel increased pressure on your spot, the last thing you want to do is put some money aside to probe a better spot.
    • Troll/grief bids -- nothing new in this department
    • Bids from lower tiers that can only afford to win higher tiers periodically by saving up -- that's some dedication, more power to them! Also notice how they freed a lower tier spot.

EU ‣ Wabbajack nostalgic ‣ Blackwater Blade defender ‣ Kyne wanderer
    The offspring of the root of all evil in ESO by DeanTheCat
    Why ESO needs a monthly subscription
    When an MMO is designed around a revenue model rather than around fun, it doesn’t have a long-term future.Richard A. Bartle
    Their idea of transparent, at least when it comes to communication, bears a striking resemblance to a block of coal.lordrichter
    ... in the balance of power between the accountants and marketing types against the artists, developers and those who generally want to build and run a good game then that balance needs to always be in favour of the latter - because the former will drag the game into the ground for every last bean they can squeeze out of it.Santie Claws
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS is trying to increase convenience (getting a trader if your first choice fails) and reduce or remove bid manipulation.

If the ability of smaller guilds to secure a trader is critical, or if guilds are worried about retaining a trader, we could try to reduce the impact of not having a Trader at all https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/485284/guild-stores-proposal-to-help-smaller-guilds-refunding-the-listing-fee
    Edited by Dusk_Coven on July 15, 2019 4:50PM
  • Dont_do_drugs
    Dont_do_drugs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Update 23 and the multi bidding is a wonderful addition to the game. I am sure it will need some tweaking as 10 is a bit much. 4-5 seems ample but I suspect you will make that change before it goes live. If not no biggy as no one is forced to bid on 10 spots each week.

This very positive inclusion will help me in some ways and adversely affect me in others but it is VERY good for the game as a way to protect hardworking guilds from trolls and other nefarious sniping that goes on and enable newer hard working Guilds to get a foot on the ladder.

I would like the ability as I have previously said to amend a bid down or delete it, in case of erroneous extra digit and also amend permissions so all my members that now pay fees or just donate in Guilds that still use the voluntary system, can see them without exposing the Guilds bid.

Thx ZoS for introducing this system. The first few weeks and months maybe crazy but once the excess gold starts to get drawn from the game it should be wonderful.

Just need to quote, what he wrote in a previous thread.....

HAHA this is an epic gold sink. I am imagining week one it is so broken there are guilds on two kiosks and such and then they tweak it and all the pre-bids are permanently swallowed resetting the economy.

On a serious note, I think this is a bad decision.

It will give significantly more stress to some established GM's and will likely force a break up of a lot of mid-size guilds until things settle which could take 3-6 months.

Member loyalty will soften over time as every Sunday more and more location dependant Players will shop around to move to a Trade Guild that occupies the kiosks they want.

Fees will be introduced to many guilds to increase their income so they can compete with larger bids which over time will force strong deflationary pressure on the economy. My advice is unload your craft bags whilst they hold their value.

Certain players who shall remain nameless will buy even more gold either legitimately through crown gifts or other suspicious methods and use it to break the economy by bidding way higher than the quality of their Guild deserves. Which will be fun for a few weeks but then they will realise they are throwing significant monies down the toilet.

Quality trade hubs will diminish as guilds with less stock will win more often which means everyone will take longer to shop around and the absolute top tier mega rich guilds will see even more traffic as it will be a safe place for Customers who value their time.

I'm cracking up. This is PC EU's number one. As soon as his chance on backup-exploiting, which most guilds refused to use, runs away, he just grabbs every chance to stay number one. How pathetic.

if it wasnt that funny, it would be sad.

Edited by Dont_do_drugs on July 15, 2019 5:19PM

Get Stuff like this (but not this stuff)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

"I have too admit. People leading trade guilds in this game are quite stupid. Not stupid like fools, but stupid like leaders.
    They can only bla-bla and waste gold on feeding their ego. I am disappointed."

Egal, wie gut du Schach spielst, die Taube wird alle Figuren umwerfen, auf das Brett kacken und herumstolzieren, als hätte sie gewonnen.

Arkadius Trade Tools
    Modular framework, now open for authors who want to add own tabs.

My Donation (Arkadius' Trade Tools Addon)
    First external ATT tab contribution.

Port to Friend's House Addon
    Check out the new Port to Friend's House library and port to contributers houses:
    Deutsch | English

• ZOS_JesC
    ZOS_JesC
    admin
    Greetings, we've removed a handful of comments that were baiting in nature and not contributing to the conversation of the thread. This is a friendly reminder to stay on topic and keep comments civil. Thank you!
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • silvereyes
    silvereyes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    • Backup bids from a higher tier -- these only come into play after higher tiers lose their bids. Do you think they will be consistently losing their bids en masse, or will the dust settle?
    I'm sure the dust will settle ... but with higher prices.

A trader doesn't even need to lose their normal spot to feel threatened. Whether threats are real or perceived, many GMs will chose to play defensively.
    • Probe bids -- if you feel increased pressure on your spot, the last thing you want to do is put some money aside to probe a better spot.
    Many growing guilds are funded by independently wealthy traders that have gold from a bigger guild hub. They can afford to probe with their personal funds. Also, while a guild raises minimums to increase their current location bid, they may end up with more gold than they need for their current spot and start building a war chest for feeling out better spots.
    • Bids from lower tiers that can only afford to win higher tiers periodically by saving up -- that's some dedication, more power to them! Also notice how they freed a lower tier spot.
    A lower tier spot that the displaced higher tier guild may or may not have bid on, and likewise for whatever guild they displace with their backup bids.

The main point is that the whole thing adds chaos. Chaos breeds fear in those that want stability, and forces them to act defensively, increasing bid prices.
  • chess1ukb16_ESO
    chess1ukb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    [removed baiting comment]

I think it will cause troubles but after consideration, I have revised my opinion and the good outweighs the bad and I am sure it will be tweaked as needed.
    Edited by ZOS_JesC on July 15, 2019 6:57PM
    Ireniicus
    GM - Tamriel Traders Guild (TTG); Divine Deals; Allmart & The Alchemist Emporium
  • Rinser69
    Rinser69
    Soul Shriven

There is proof that this will benefit the rich and powerful. The faction this Grand Vizier faces is not shy about the most deceptive behavior when it comes to transactions. With multi-bidder he hope that x 10.

“Once you were in the hands of a Grand Vizier, you were dead. Grand Viziers were always scheming megalomaniacs. It was probably in the job description: "Are you a devious, plotting, unreliable madman? Ah, good, then you can be my most trusted minister.”
    ― Terry Pratchett, Interesting Times

• anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rinser69 wrote: »
    There is proof that this will benefit the rich and powerful. The faction this Grand Vizier faces is not shy about the most deceptive behavior when it comes to transactions. With multi-bidder he hope that x 10.

HHmmm... let me summarize, or at least try to.

If you're in favour of multibidding, and NOT a GM of a major trading guild, your opinion is worth nothing, because you know nothing ?
    But if you're in favour of multibidding, AND a GM of a major trading guild (trading empire, in IIrenicus' case), then you opinion in also worth nothing, because you're a GM and you're biased and only fighting for your own interest ?

Make up your minds, guys... or simply accept and discuss different opinions. Attacking the person instead of the opinion itself is pretty much a proof of lack of arguments.

On a side note, I'm frankly amused to see (once again) how quickly guild drama is taken over here. So much for "stability, friendhsip, partnership and all the wonderful things we GMs have achieved over time and the wonderful world we've created for the benefit of our beloved members". Okay, okay, I'm being snarky. A little bit. But really, series' authors should make movies out of guild drama. Game of thrones would look so pale.

• silvereyes
    silvereyes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
  • wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I was doing some playing around on the PTS with the multi-bidding system and testing out placing more than one bid and noticed when placing identical bids, the order I bid in is not necessarily the order they show up on the bid list. Take the example below with bids # 4-7 for the guild in the image below. All 4 have the same bid but they are not listed in the order the bids were placed. I placed the Alinor bids first and then ported to Belkarth to place bids on traders there. I encountered the same issue when bidding for all 3 of my guilds that bids were not listed in the order they were placed. If I went back and added 1 gold to a bid, the correct bid would jump to the top, but if bids are exactly the same, it seemed to be random which bid was listed at the top of the list.

sy498fk6xkaq.png

Question?
    Where or how did you access that screen? I am on PC/NA, non steam. I looked for that screen on PTS but didn't see it.
    What am I missing?
    Thank you & Huzzah!
    Drakon Koryn~Oryndill, Rogue~Mage,- CP ~Doesn't matter any more
    NA / PC Beta Member since Nov 2013
    GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
    Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
    "Not All Who Wander are Lost"
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

_Steve Jobs (The Lost Interview)
  • reoskit
    reoskit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was doing some playing around on the PTS with the multi-bidding system and testing out placing more than one bid and noticed when placing identical bids, the order I bid in is not necessarily the order they show up on the bid list. Take the example below with bids # 4-7 for the guild in the image below. All 4 have the same bid but they are not listed in the order the bids were placed. I placed the Alinor bids first and then ported to Belkarth to place bids on traders there. I encountered the same issue when bidding for all 3 of my guilds that bids were not listed in the order they were placed. If I went back and added 1 gold to a bid, the correct bid would jump to the top, but if bids are exactly the same, it seemed to be random which bid was listed at the top of the list.

sy498fk6xkaq.png

Question?
    Where or how did you access that screen? I am on PC/NA, non steam. I looked for that screen on PTS but didn't see it.
    What am I missing?
    Thank you & Huzzah!

Image capture from an officer in our guild:
    q0rk2s0q59se.png
  • silvereyes
    silvereyes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    To play a bit of devil's advocate here, there's one benefit of multi-bidding that I haven't seen mentioned before, and that's the ability to test lower bids.

On live today, there's no way to experiment with lowering one's bid without risking losing your trader entirely. That risk ensures that once prices are high, they stay high.

If there's a backup bid system in place, you can experiment with lowering bids while keeping a strong secondary backup bid in the next tier down and another safety net bid in a weak hub.

Thoughts? Is that something that any GMs might actually consider doing?
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ...nvm, didn't add to topic
    Edited by NBrookus on July 15, 2019 8:15PM
  • chess1ukb16_ESO
    chess1ukb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    silvereyes - That will 100% happen but I would strongly advise against it in the first few weeks :)
    Ireniicus
  • Pevey
    Pevey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think it is very unlikely that bids will stabilize lower because all guilds will now have the ability to make hopeful bids on kiosks in a location they consider more desirable without worrying so much about the risk of being without a trader at all
  • reoskit
    reoskit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To play a bit of devil's advocate here, there's one benefit of multi-bidding that I haven't seen mentioned before, and that's the ability to test lower bids.

On live today, there's no way to experiment with lowering one's bid without risking losing your trader entirely. That risk ensures that once prices are high, they stay high.

If there's a backup bid system in place, you can experiment with lowering bids while keeping a strong secondary backup bid in the next tier down and another safety net bid in a weak hub.

In today's market, I'd guess there aren't lots of people standing in line to bid on our standard kiosk. They're busy locking in with their one bid on a kiosk they think they can win.

In tomorrow's market where everyone has X backup bids and can poke a ton of kiosks without risk? Nope. I'm not dropping my bid.
  • silvereyes
    silvereyes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    silvereyes - That will 100% happen but I would strongly advise against it in the first few weeks :)
    I think it might take longer than a few weeks for things to stabilize, if they ever do. That's only three rounds of info gathering, and the first two will probably be like this:
    giphy.gif
    Edited by silvereyes on July 15, 2019 9:05PM
  • Fiktius
    Fiktius
    ✭✭✭✭
    reoskit wrote: »

In today's market, I'd guess there aren't lots of people standing in line to bid on our standard kiosk. They're busy locking in with their one bid on a kiosk they think they can win.

In tomorrow's market where everyone has X backup bids and can poke a ton of kiosks without risk? Nope. I'm not dropping my bid.

I agree with @reoskit here.

Just when keeping in mind all these guilds which are currently jumping a lot on PC EU server, I can't imagine guilds on prime hubs dropping their bids lower any time soon, if they intend to stay there due they can never know exactly when someone puts a bid on every single spot in that hub and just see who is lowering down aka who will be easiest to knock out of the zone first.
    That's a risk to come, if ZOS really intends to keep their 10 bids idea.

I'm not gonna drop my bids either when multi-bidding system will provide perfect opportunity for snipers for "poking the ice with a stick" so to say.
    Edited by Fiktius on July 15, 2019 10:12PM
  • silvereyes
    silvereyes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    reoskit wrote: »
    In hindsight, it's kind of a silly question. Nobody who plans to test dropping their bid is going to admit it on a public forum, lol. :facepalm:
  • Gandrhulf_Harbard
    Gandrhulf_Harbard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Grimm13 wrote: »
    And that in an of itself is indicative that there is a massive problem with the current system.

Why are they recruiting 100% of the time?

But, as they say, there's none so blind as those who refuse to look.

I am recruiting all the time as there is a constant stream of players that stop playing. I am up front about cutting inactives after 21 days, used to be 30 days but I still see about 10 - 16 players a week stop playing ESO. Past year I have had about 10 players come back after a 3+ month hiatus.

Why is there 60 - 80 players stop playing eso in a months time? I am not even counting on those that come in during free eso trials. I do see an increase of quits around updates first announced, tapers off then again when Updates released then tapers off again.

With the guild finder I now have hundreds of apps to instantly replace the attrition. I no longer have to go bug zone chat with ads for hours of my play time trying to be in the right place at the right time.

I would really love to see the game attrition rate and find out why ESO has a problem with player retention.

Call me old fashioned. A Guild is a place Members go to to feel "at home" no matter what game style they prefer, no matter how frequently they are active. A place for them to be among friends.

The idea of dumping someone from a GAMING guild because they "don't pull their weight" is, I am not at all ashamed to admit, 100% totally alien to me.

I can log into my LOTRO Guild right now - a game I have up to date but have not played for 6 months or more - and know I will be immediately welcomed back, asked how I am doing, and advised what planned content we have coming up so I can sign up to it if I choose to.

There are people in that guild who have not logged in for 2 or 3 years who will receive the exact same treatment when they do log back in.

Because we are all friends, made exclusively in-game, but friends nonetheless.

No one would even dream of ejecting a Member, a friend, if they hadn't logged in for 21 days, or hadn't posted goods to the AH for 21 days. It simply would not happen.

That is does in ESO, and that it is seen as acceptable is in my opinion testament to just how badly designed the Guild System is.

Because you can be in 5 guilds most players really don't care that much about any of them, so they don't feel the need to give them any loyalty, and in return the Guild offers no loyalty back.

Change it so each Account can only be in one guild, and people will commit to it, make it work, not just for themselves but for the rest of their friends too.

And when each Account can only be in one Guild, and so only take listing slots on ONE Kiosk you'll find more kiosks available for medium and lower tier guilds.

All The Best
    Those memories come back to haunt me, they haunt me like a curse.
    Is a dream a lie if it don't come true, or is it something worse.
  • Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grimm13 wrote: »
    And that in an of itself is indicative that there is a massive problem with the current system.

Why are they recruiting 100% of the time?

But, as they say, there's none so blind as those who refuse to look.

I am recruiting all the time as there is a constant stream of players that stop playing. I am up front about cutting inactives after 21 days, used to be 30 days but I still see about 10 - 16 players a week stop playing ESO. Past year I have had about 10 players come back after a 3+ month hiatus.

Why is there 60 - 80 players stop playing eso in a months time? I am not even counting on those that come in during free eso trials. I do see an increase of quits around updates first announced, tapers off then again when Updates released then tapers off again.

With the guild finder I now have hundreds of apps to instantly replace the attrition. I no longer have to go bug zone chat with ads for hours of my play time trying to be in the right place at the right time.

I would really love to see the game attrition rate and find out why ESO has a problem with player retention.

Call me old fashioned. A Guild is a place Members go to to feel "at home" no matter what game style they prefer, no matter how frequently they are active. A place for them to be among friends.

The idea of dumping someone from a GAMING guild because they "don't pull their weight" is, I am not at all ashamed to admit, 100% totally alien to me.

I can log into my LOTRO Guild right now - a game I have up to date but have not played for 6 months or more - and know I will be immediately welcomed back, asked how I am doing, and advised what planned content we have coming up so I can sign up to it if I choose to.

There are people in that guild who have not logged in for 2 or 3 years who will receive the exact same treatment when they do log back in.

Because we are all friends, made exclusively in-game, but friends nonetheless.

No one would even dream of ejecting a Member, a friend, if they hadn't logged in for 21 days, or hadn't posted goods to the AH for 21 days. It simply would not happen.

That is does in ESO, and that it is seen as acceptable is in my opinion testament to just how badly designed the Guild System is.

Because you can be in 5 guilds most players really don't care that much about any of them, so they don't feel the need to give them any loyalty, and in return the Guild offers no loyalty back.

Change it so each Account can only be in one guild, and people will commit to it, make it work, not just for themselves but for the rest of their friends too.

And when each Account can only be in one Guild, and so only take listing slots on ONE Kiosk you'll find more kiosks available for medium and lower tier guilds.

All The Best

At 1st i was like no not totally then i read the rest of the statement and yes you summed up 98% of guilds within ESO , but for me i have my main guide my home then i have .my activity guilds pvp , dungeons, trials that i help in funds as well just not us often or at high rate like my HOME GUILD
  • Grimm13
    Grimm13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dusk_Coven wrote: »
    ZOS is trying to increase convenience (getting a trader if your first choice fails) and reduce or remove bid manipulation.

If the ability of smaller guilds to secure a trader is critical, or if guilds are worried about retaining a trader, we could try to reduce the impact of not having a Trader at all https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/485284/guild-stores-proposal-to-help-smaller-guilds-refunding-the-listing-fee

That's just it, They really have not explained fully what is their desired outcome so everyone is guessing at the small parts they have revealed. Most of what they have revealed is not liked. Context can also change when the whole is considered making it either fully disliked or makes sense. We just don't know.
    https://sparkforautism.org/

Season of DraggingOn
    It's your choice on how you vote with your $

PC-NA
  • Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AN 1 GUILD LIMIT WOULD BE OK IF ?
    1)membership count upped or set as ultimated
    2)trade slots in store was upped by 4x30 to make up for loss of guilds
    3) more guild friendly housings numbers for homes and items per
    I'd drop all but my home guild for this change any day they like to make it happen
    And 1 GUILD LIMIT WOULD kill every bad part of trade bid or behavior as no one wins alone in an war this size and yes trading in eso ps4 NA is an war zone UNFORTUNATELY but space being as is what else did zos thank would happen player's want gold its the back bone to staying competitive in an ever changing game