The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

EU Server Performance - Update from Matt Firor

• Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Alcast wrote: »
    "and we can now support the concurrency demand we are seeing"

LzMzKd2.gif

Yeah, that statement is more worrying than the rest of his post combined.
    @ZOS_MattFiror i invite you to play on PC EU during primetime, to see how "well" the server can support the concurrent playerbase.
    It cant. The fact that i have better ping in Cyrodiil than in most overland zones often, is truly disturbing.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SaltySudd wrote: »
    The new LFG system won’t be released until U24? Wouldn’t it make more sense to release it with the next dungeon dlc (U23)? Four months seems like a long time to wait for the LFG system to be fixed, especially since we have been hearing for years that it was being worked on.

Putting a cap on the number of players in the queue seems like a bandaid that many players will not tolerate for 4 months, especially during prime time.

Likely, the new LFG is not expected to be done in time for U23. I know they just released the last bits of the Chapter, but U23 is just around the corner. It is getting time to be talking about when it will be put on PTS. That is going to happen in just a matter of a few weeks. As few as 4, as many as 10. Probably closer to 6-8.

Since they have an early version they are testing, which obviously isn't finished, it certainly looks like they have had someone working on this already. Longer than we have known about it. New systems take a long time to roll out, and the way they describe what they are doing, we might as well consider that it is a new system.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Bhaal5
    Bhaal5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So when is the oceanic community going to get the same love? Or acknowledgement on the issues that has plagued them since launch?
  • Numerikuu
    Numerikuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bhaal5 wrote: »
    So when is the oceanic community going to get the same love? Or acknowledgement on the issues that has plagued them since launch?

Earth will be long gone by then.
    Edited by Numerikuu on June 4, 2019 11:58AM
  • Mygalomorpea
    Mygalomorpea
    ✭✭✭
    So... Is the load the game places on the server so severe that even though you should be able handle all issues that some tweaks in the background will be able to completely nullify these problems?

I still recall the harsh reality of getting logged in instantly when using the NA server. I cannot recall a time in the last 24 months where PC EU got even CLOSE to this feat. In fact the best time was when you said log in might take up to 2 hours to complete... You remember that thing, yes?

Spoke to a friend resently and after he asked about what bothers me about eso he replied "so it is basically a very poorly executed great idea". Something I would expect to hear about a brand new release. Not something that is 5 years old with over a million users.

Our eta on these fixes? 6-9 months.
    Also no mention about updating multi-thread usage either. (Which will have a big impact on the top and middle end of specs)

Why am I cursed to enjoy this game? Why?
  • ZOS_JesC
    ZOS_JesC
    admin
    Greetings, we've removed a few comments that were bashing or off-topic in general. This is a friendly reminder to remain on topic and civil when posting. Thank you!
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Wolfkeks
    Wolfkeks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yay in 6 months I will be able to not lag out in trials and use my skills in pvp :joy:
    makes a note in the calendar

But in all seriousness. Happy about the announcement and that the issues are at least acknowledged. :star:
    Edited by Wolfkeks on June 4, 2019 3:04PM
    "Sheggorath, you are the Skooma Cat, for what is crazier than a cat on skooma?" - Fadomai
    EU PC 2000+ CP professional mudballer and pie thrower
    Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, vAA hm, vHelRa hm, vSO hm, vMoL hm, vHoF hm, vAS+2, vCR+3, vSS hm, vKA, vRG, Flawless Conquerer, Spirit Slayer
  • Cążki
    Cążki
    ✭✭✭✭
    we need 6 months waiting for updates that will make game playbale nice ! good job !

[snip]

[edited for discussing moderation]
    Edited by ZOS_Ragnar on June 7, 2019 12:17AM
    Altmer skooma dealer.
    PC-EU

• Verbal_Earthworm
    Verbal_Earthworm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This thread needs more traffic as Gina actually answered it [removed bashing comments]

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/477839/eu-megaserver-is-dying-again#latest
    [removed comment]
    Edited by ZOS_JesC on June 4, 2019 2:59PM
  • everlastingodeb17_ESO
    everlastingodeb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zos uk had profits of 50+ million euros in 2017 and 40+ in 2016( dont have 2018 data) not to mention Zos France and Zos Germany, yet they cant fix the server... Get skilled people you clearly have the financial resources needed.
  • Delparis
    Delparis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So if I can't get into dungeons till u24 why should I buy your next dlc dungeon content? Waste of money if I can't get into these dungeons.

Also saying that a basis feature will take 6 months implementing and testing is laughable. You should ask for Blizzard or Square Enix help they got experience with mmo.

Edit: cancelled my ESO+ subscription because I'm not gonna pay 6 months (78€) for a broken game
    Edited by Delparis on June 4, 2019 3:24PM
  • LiraTaurwen
    LiraTaurwen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reading this it almost seems as if you just decided to start fixing stuff last week or something... but we all know better, these issues have been around for years!

From your post:

First, server capacity. As we all know, we had server capacity issues a few months back, especially on the PC EU servers. We were forced to temporarily cap the number of concurrent users on PC EU and put up a queuing system to enforce it. We got the new capacity online for PC EU in a week, and added that same capacity for PC NA (which was very close to experiencing the same problems). We took the queuing system down, and we can now support the concurrency demand we are seeing.

How can you say this??? HOW? This has fixed NOTHING! It has only removed the queue, which you added in the first place.. so for all we know nothing was done, you just pressed a few buttons and activated/deactivated the queue because the difference between before and after are none... oh wait. there is a difference for the worse!

We got an answer from you, fair enough. I hope many players can read between the lines and think for themselves and stop supporting your game.
  • KoultouraS
    KoultouraS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tell me if it is just me, but I feel they rolled back into a previous "stable" version of their data via yesterday's patch.
    (the "stable" almost killed you , I know)
    I have noticed that the ColdHarbour ballistas now do the damage they did few months ago when a patch almost doubled the damage and everyone in pvp was moaning about.
  • LiraTaurwen
    LiraTaurwen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zos uk had profits of 50+ million euros in 2017 and 40+ in 2016( dont have 2018 data) not to mention Zos France and Zos Germany, yet they cant fix the server... Get skilled people you clearly have the financial resources needed.

That money is going to the rich people that own this company, like the Trumps for instance, and they are not happy to give up any of it to improve a server.
  • LiraTaurwen
    LiraTaurwen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh and by the way, why was this answered in reddit first rather than here on the official forum where many people kept asking for help every single day?

So unprofessional...it sure took you a looong time to come with such a lame answer.
  • KoultouraS
    KoultouraS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh and by the way, why was this answered in reddit first rather than here on the official forum where many people kept asking for help every single day?

So unprofessional...it sure took you a looong time to come with such a lame answer.
    "Because the official forums are full of toxic trolls that never appreciate the hard work we are putting into improving their experience"
    They truly believe this. Wording out your displeasure for not getting what you pay for, is trolling or toxic. They keep hiding and/ or deleting posts and threads just for being negative.
    Edited by KoultouraS on June 4, 2019 3:55PM
  • Wolfpaw
    Wolfpaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

That money is going to the rich people that own this company, like the Trumps for instance, and they are not happy to give up any of it to improve a server.

Spot-on.
    https://www.zenimax.com/about
  • Tulare_Verlaris
    Tulare_Verlaris
    ✭✭✭
    Six more months of paying and playing a totally broken game then? No thanks, unsubbing and stopping playing for 6 months then.

Maybe will return down the line, maybe not. Either way you need to seriously improve your appalling communication.
    Still in the queue, spamming "F"...
  • danthemann5
    danthemann5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like they're content to let the golden egg laying goose strangle. Or they know they have no threat of competition for the next 6-8 months.
    ZeniMax has no obligation to correct any errors or defects in the Services.

Greetings! We've closed this thread due to its non-constructive nature.

"You know you don't have to be here right?" - ZOS_RichLambert
  • twev
    twev
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice strawman argument.
    Trump is one name out of about 40, and not at the top of the list.
    I'm sure everyone else on the list is purely philanthropic by comparison.

And 'rich people' make things happen with investments.
    The don't make return on investment by keeping their money under the mattress.

Maybe more people without access to investment funds should back the game.
    I'm sure an operating budget of several thousand dollars would bring about a groundswell of development and bug fixes.

<3
    The problem with society these days is that no one drinks from the skulls of their enemies anymore.

PC/NA, i7 with 32 gigs of ram, nVME cards and an nVidea 1060 over fiber.
    I don't play through Steam, ever.
  • danthemann5
    danthemann5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll add:

When I am dissatisfied with service, I speak to someone responsible. If that gets me nowhere, I talk to their manager. If that gets me nowhere, I talk to their boss, and so on. If the big shots hear enough complaints, they start to ask questions.

On a completely unrelated note, that 'about' page linked above provides a handy list of names...
    ZeniMax has no obligation to correct any errors or defects in the Services.

Greetings! We've closed this thread due to its non-constructive nature.

"You know you don't have to be here right?" - ZOS_RichLambert
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Wolfkeks wrote: »
    Yay in 6 months I will be able to not lag out in trials and use my skills in pvp :joy:
    makes a note in the calendar

But in all seriousness. Happy about the announcement and that the issues are at least acknowledged. :star:

They are acknowledged every year man. They post some of it on the forums, but nothing has happened positively for the performance since March 2014. They only removed good stuff, added more sparkly effect, added zerg busters that funny enough always became part of a zerg making it worse.
    I kinda give up since Elsewyr. It was my final straw for pvp. I will do only the overland pve quests now. Yes sir, I am now a pve peasant. So.... what do you guys do there for fun?
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • Wolfpaw
    Wolfpaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    twev wrote: »

Nice strawman argument.
    Trump is one name out of about 40, and not at the top of the list.
    I'm sure everyone else on the list is purely philanthropic by comparison.

And 'rich people' make things happen with investments.
    The don't make return on investment by keeping their money under the mattress.

Maybe more people without access to investment funds should back the game.
    I'm sure an operating budget of several thousand dollars would bring about a groundswell of development and bug fixes.

<3

I only count 8 on the board of directors, & additional 9 including upper management. You have a different source?
    https://www.zenimax.com/about

ZeniMax Media inc. Is a billion dollar company, where is the investments into a stable 5year old product we have been waiting for?
    Edited by Wolfpaw on June 4, 2019 5:49PM
  • gepe87
    gepe87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you to post that statement in a non-oficial ESO foruns instead of this one.

We PC-EU players also have many questions to be adressed.
    Gepe, Dunmer MagSorc Pact Grand Overlord | Gaepe, Bosmer MagSorc Dominion General

If you see edits on my replies: typos. English isn't my main language
  • LiraTaurwen
    LiraTaurwen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    gepe87 wrote: »
    Thank you to post that statement in a non-oficial ESO foruns instead of this one.

We PC-EU players also have many questions to be adressed.

Yea it is a slap on the face really.

We have been asking for help and answers for months and they said nothing...just shows how much they respect the people that gives them money.
  • everlastingodeb17_ESO
    everlastingodeb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    here is what I was talking about earlier

p28f638.jpg
  • daemonios
    daemonios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

p28f638.jpg

Does that company have anything to do with ESO? We are all on the same side here in wanting a better game, but I think some lines of argument can not only be wrong, but counterproductive. Zenimax Media is a very large company. To the best of my knowledge, ESO depends on one subsidiary, Zenimax Online Studios.

Look, I would *love* to take a look at ZOS' numbers. I'd love to see if they were really bleeding money when they broke their promise not to have in-game sales not a year after launch. I'd love to know how much they make off gambling and reskins. But just throwing some numbers around with zero context doesn't tell us much.
  • Merlight
    Merlight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    daemonios wrote: »
    Does that company have anything to do with ESO? We are all on the same side here in wanting a better game, but I think some lines of argument can not only be wrong, but counterproductive. Zenimax Media is a very large company. To the best of my knowledge, ESO depends on one subsidiary, Zenimax Online Studios.

https://www.zenimax.com/legal_terms_us

If You purchase Services from ZeniMax on The Elder Scrolls® Online PC/Mac Store, and (i) if You reside in North America, South America, or Asia (including Australia and New Zealand but excluding India), then You will be making payments to Bethesda Softworks LLC (“Bethesda”), a company incorporated under the laws of the State of Delaware USA or (ii) if You reside in any other country, then You will be making payments to ZeniMax Europe Limited (“ZEL”)

EU ‣ Wabbajack nostalgic ‣ Blackwater Blade defender ‣ Kyne wanderer
    The offspring of the root of all evil in ESO by DeanTheCat
    Why ESO needs a monthly subscription
    When an MMO is designed around a revenue model rather than around fun, it doesn’t have a long-term future.Richard A. Bartle
    Their idea of transparent, at least when it comes to communication, bears a striking resemblance to a block of coal.lordrichter
    ... in the balance of power between the accountants and marketing types against the artists, developers and those who generally want to build and run a good game then that balance needs to always be in favour of the latter - because the former will drag the game into the ground for every last bean they can squeeze out of it.Santie Claws
  • daemonios
    daemonios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Merlight wrote: »

https://www.zenimax.com/legal_terms_us

If You purchase Services from ZeniMax on The Elder Scrolls® Online PC/Mac Store, and (i) if You reside in North America, South America, or Asia (including Australia and New Zealand but excluding India), then You will be making payments to Bethesda Softworks LLC (“Bethesda”), a company incorporated under the laws of the State of Delaware USA or (ii) if You reside in any other country, then You will be making payments to ZeniMax Europe Limited (“ZEL”)

I stand corrected. Does ZEL distribute any other games? Are those numbers solely related to ESO? I mean, almost 180M revenue from ESO alone looks like a pretty nifty sum. Also, does ZEL deal with the technical aspects of the EU servers? They could be just a vehicle created due to the specifics of EU law, namely those involving business 2 consumer relations. To draw conclusions from the numbers presented requires making so many assumptions it's not even funny.
    Edited by daemonios on June 4, 2019 9:27PM
  • ManwithBeard9
    ManwithBeard9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

p28f638.jpg

Look, I would *love* to take a look at ZOS' numbers. I'd love to see if they were really bleeding money when they broke their promise not to have in-game sales not a year after launch. I'd love to know how much they make off gambling and reskins. But just throwing some numbers around with zero context doesn't tell us much.

It's Zenimax Media, so you're correct in reading this as ZOS's parent company, not ZOS itself. So that profit is built off of both Bethesda's, ZOS, id, and a host of other companies.