Maintenance for the week of August 19:
· [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – August 19,  4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)

EU Server Performance - Update from Matt Firor

• Merlight
    Merlight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hyzock wrote: »
    Fourth: Longer term, we are in the beginning stages of combat system performance improvements that should improve overall game performance in Cyrodiil and Trials. Stay tuned for updates on this.

You're in the "beginning stages" of fixing an issue of something that has been a major issue for about 5 years? Matt is telling us they've been doing literally nothing about cyro performance for the past 5 years? CP pvp has been unplayable during prime time for the past 5 years 4 years and 2 months and only now they're in the "beginning stages"? I don't even know what to say anymore.

FTFY. Other than that, on spot!
    EU ‣ Wabbajack nostalgic ‣ Blackwater Blade defender ‣ Kyne wanderer
    The offspring of the root of all evil in ESO by DeanTheCat
    Why ESO needs a monthly subscription
    When an MMO is designed around a revenue model rather than around fun, it doesn’t have a long-term future.Richard A. Bartle
    Their idea of transparent, at least when it comes to communication, bears a striking resemblance to a block of coal.lordrichter
    ... in the balance of power between the accountants and marketing types against the artists, developers and those who generally want to build and run a good game then that balance needs to always be in favour of the latter - because the former will drag the game into the ground for every last bean they can squeeze out of it.Santie Claws
  • jircris11
    jircris11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [removed quote]

Adding a change to a core feature is not as easy as most people on here think. They. Need to make sure the game does not implode on its self. Honestly most the people made about it taking so long will be the same ppl complaining they should have tested it.
    Edited by ZOS_JesC on June 4, 2019 12:27PM
    IGN: Ki'rah
    Khajiit/Vampire
    DC/AD faction/NA server.
    RPer
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First, server capacity ... we can now support the concurrency demand we are seeing.
    Extremely worrying to read that this is what you think. Why all this talk about the client? You're working on irrelevant stuff, as far as I can see. I guess the real problems are too tough to tackle. The last couple of months have been really bad. In no way is server capacity truly fixed nor was it ever truly capable of coping with prime-time Cyrodiil on PC EU.
    Edited by fred4 on June 4, 2019 12:59PM
    PC EU, Stamina DK (EP), Magicka NB (EP), Magicka Warden (EP), Magicka Templar (EP). Occasionally: Stamina Templar (EP), Stamina NB (AD), Stamina Sorcerer (DC)
  • Gnozo
    Gnozo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fourth: Longer term, we are in the beginning stages of combat system performance improvements that should improve overall game performance in Cyrodiil and Trials. Stay tuned for updates on this

So, Cyro Performance is one of the hottest topics since Launch (5 years ago btw) and you are NOW in the BEGINNING of improvements for cyro Performance?????????????????

This is a joke right?
    Edited by Gnozo on June 4, 2019 7:00AM
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    casparian wrote: »
    We will be better messengers in the future keeping everyone up to date on longer-term fixes and updates.
    I hope so, but if I had a nickel for every time y'all have said this, I would be able to subscribe to Plus for the remaining lifetime of the game.

^ this is scary true.
    Famous Healer, Loving Guild Master, Support Theory Crater
    Former Class Representative, & Former Community Ambassador
    Grand Prize Winner to Deardic Dress up Contest
    ESO Community Discord: https://discord.gg/9UafDmq

Affiliations: BBC Gaming Guild, Akvari Exchange, Imperial Trade Union, Moonlight Travelers, Raiding Strategy Academy
    Trial History: Jedi Council Raid Leader, Akvari Exchange Core Healer, Raiding Strategy Academy Vice Guild Master, Magic Society Core Healer, Rolling Cliff Hangers Core Healer, Kongpanions Core Healer, Moonlight Core Healer
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Oh, it's one of those auto generated: "we are working on it" posts to keep pvp people on a leash.

We heard this before and after that years of silence. Every update, every patch performance went downhill (at least on PC-EU, I don't play the others)

Remove deers? Yes, we also reduced performance while doing that.

How long will it take before people snap. I mean I did after elsewyr dropped. I did like the changes, but the performance was so sad in pvp.
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • twev
    twev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Takanami wrote: »
    TL;DR: "we might fix things in 2020 :) "

"we might fix (some)thing(s) in 2020 :)"

Edited by twev on June 4, 2019 10:33AM
    The problem with society these days is that no one drinks from the skulls of their enemies anymore.

PC/NA