The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 13
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.4 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

Re: Sorc Shields

• KingJ
    KingJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Biro123 wrote: »
    And don't forget about that new damage cp star, adding more damage to shields, which means having to put CP's into its counter, which means less available to spend in bastion.
    The days of sorcs running with 100 bastion are over.

Not to mention the need for sustain sets will mean many builds having less Max mag, and therefore smaller shields.
    You don't have to run 100 points into bastion you can put 56 into Bastion to get 20% boost to your shields which leave you 154 points for other stuff for example only need 43 points to get a 10% boost in hardy and elemental defender.Which leaves 70 points for anything else its not that bad.I like the new cp changes its allow everyone to spread there points out more even sorcs.
    Options
  • Malamar1229
    Malamar1229
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also with how avoidable Deadric Mines are, I really think the heavy cost of the ability is a little out of hand.
    Options
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Xvorg wrote: »
    So, I suppose the res regen nerf only affects sorcs spamming shields and not classes actually using skills to bring them down, right?

Because, to put down a shield you need to use resources too.

Aye, and once out of resources and your both flailing at each other with heavy attacks, I wonder if it will be the no-impen, light-armour sorc that walks away from it.

Doubt it... that sorc will alway have the option to use overload to melt those heavy attacks and restore magicka at the same time.
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
    Options
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    So, I suppose the res regen nerf only affects sorcs spamming shields and not classes actually using skills to bring them down, right?

Aye, and once out of resources and your both flailing at each other with heavy attacks, I wonder if it will be the no-impen, light-armour sorc that walks away from it.

Doubt it... that sorc will alway have the option to use overload to melt those heavy attacks and restore magicka at the same time.

Loloverload

Sorry, I've got to come here, point, and laugh at this.
    Options
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Derra wrote: »
    We´re still going to need adjustment for harness returns.

ZOS stated that resource returns based on pools were undesireable in their design philosophy - which is exactly what harness still does.
    Give harness a fixed magica return.
    Furthermore i think dark deal/conversion should see some kind of rework - but not simply on the numbers instead i´d suggest a mechanical change:

Convert ONLY the resource return into an over time type of mechanic - returning the resources over 6 to 10s. That way it could no longer be spammed for excessive resource gains in short amounts of time but would still be a possible heal.

This^

A second option for dark deal would be to punish those who get interrupted casting it. Costing them the resources and getting no returns. I would much rather prefer your option though, it makes more sense.

If Zos wants to hit the infinite sustain playstyles they gotta rework Dark-deal. Dk's, Sipohning strikes and Redguards got tweaked, all thats left is Dark-deal.
    PS4 NA DC
    Options
  • usmcjdking
    usmcjdking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Dracane wrote: »
    usmcjdking wrote: »
    I want to address the plebs still crying about sorc shields. This is not a secret and will become common knowledge in a matter of weeks anyway so my fella sorcs need not hate on me.

Sorc shields are nerfed presently to a much greater degree than most of you realize:

1) Sustaining by means of stacking harness over hardened is not going to work anymore. Top that with the Siphoner CP passive/poisons makes spam stacking much harder.

2) CP are now front loaded as outlined in the PTS notes. This means most players will be running around with like 10% in shattering blows.

3) Hardy and Elemental Defender values were reduced to 15% with 100 points invested into them. This is more damage getting through to shields.

Obviously in a NO CP environment these points won't be as huge an impact. So it is my early prediction well probably see more sorcs in Battlegrounds/Azuras than you will in CP enabled environments. Building for sustain to support shields (since light armor offers no damage mitigation) means another nerf to damage as well.

Here's a few tags for support, @Lord_Hev @Derra @Hexys @RinaldoGandolphi @Minalan @Dracane

Thank you for addressing this to all the idiots who are making thread after thread about sorc shields, they are clueless

ZOS stated that resource returns based on pools were undesireable in their design philosophy - which is exactly what harness still does.
    Furthermore i think dark deal/conversion should see some kind of rework - but not simply on the numbers instead i´d suggest a mechanical change:

Convert ONLY the resource return into an over time type of mechanic - returning the resources over 6 to 10s. That way it could no longer be spammed for excessive resource gains in short amounts of time but would still be a possible heal.

Excellent suggestions @Derra

I agree with @Dracane

I personally have thought that shield stacking was too OP for quite some time, but with these recent sustain nerfs I think if you can maintain shield stacking then you should be rewarded with its effectiveness. Also keep Bastion at 25%. Investing into that passively makes you very weak when those shields are down, and therefore we shouldn't punish those that want to polarize their defenses by investing into this passive.

Good argument. Afterall, maintaining shields requires active work and micromanagement and once they are down, you are punished with greater squishiness. If you want to provide yourself the necessary sustain, you will need light armor and most likely divine traits in order to improve the atronach stone, every little bit helps. So you are definately dead meat once your health gets touched..

Shields do not take any micromanagement lol.

Of course they do O.o Maybe micromanagement is not the perfect word for it. But yes

No. Shields do not require any micro. If you were actually good at micro (your Visage video is great proof of my claim) you wouldn't say something this silly.
    Options
  • KingKush
    KingKush
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lol so many players that obviously don't play Sorc's trying to tell everyone what changes are needed to make the class "balanced"

My MagSorc says your tears are delicioius
    Xbox NA
    GT: Live Like Kure
    King Kush-MagSorc
    Options
  • KingKush
    KingKush
    ✭✭✭✭
    Minalan wrote: »

Loloverload

This was also the comment that brought a nice laugh out of me. Couldn't help but comment at that point lol
    Xbox NA
    King Kush-MagSorc
    Options
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Loloverload

Well, explain that to the dks and nbs complaining about the passives they got nerfed. Because they got a real nerfs, not imaginary ones.
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
    Options
  • SirMewser
    SirMewser
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want to address the plebs still crying about sorc shields. This is not a secret and will become common knowledge in a matter of weeks anyway so my fella sorcs need not hate on me.

Sorc shields are nerfed presently to a much greater degree than most of you realize:

1) Sustaining by means of stacking harness over hardened is not going to work anymore. Top that with the Siphoner CP passive/poisons makes spam stacking much harder.

2) CP are now front loaded as outlined in the PTS notes. This means most players will be running around with like 10% in shattering blows.

3) Hardy and Elemental Defender values were reduced to 15% with 100 points invested into them. This is more damage getting through to shields.

Obviously in a NO CP environment these points won't be as huge an impact. So it is my early prediction well probably see more sorcs in Battlegrounds/Azuras than you will in CP enabled environments. Building for sustain to support shields (since light armor offers no damage mitigation) means another nerf to damage as well.

Here's a few tags for support, @Lord_Hev @Derra @Hexys @RinaldoGandolphi @Minalan @Dracane

Thank you for addressing this to all the idiots who are making thread after thread about sorc shields, they are clueless

I agree with @Dracane

I personally have thought that shield stacking was too OP for quite some time, but with these recent sustain nerfs I think if you can maintain shield stacking then you should be rewarded with its effectiveness. Also keep Bastion at 25%. Investing into that passively makes you very weak when those shields are down, and therefore we shouldn't punish those that want to polarize their defenses by investing into this passive.

Good argument. Afterall, maintaining shields requires active work and micromanagement and once they are down, you are punished with greater squishiness. If you want to provide yourself the necessary sustain, you will need light armor and most likely divine traits in order to improve the atronach stone, every little bit helps. So you are definately dead meat once your health gets touched..

Of course they do O.o Maybe micromanagement is not the perfect word for it. But yes

No. Shields do not require any micro. If you were actually good at micro (your Visage video is great proof of my claim) you wouldn't say something this silly.

Micromanagement with shields does exist hence pets exist in the game, try them without the shield, the pets are then rendered useless, aka dead.

Others will use the shields reactively rather than proactively as this has a huge impact on defence and how they methodically play.

[snip]

[snip]

[Edit for removed quotes and baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_Bill on April 20, 2017 9:30PM
    Options
  • KingKush
    KingKush
    ✭✭✭✭

Loloverload

Well, explain that to the dks and nbs complaining about the passives they got nerfed. Because they got a real nerfs, not imaginary ones.

That has nothing to do with how ridiculously hilarious your comment was for the simple fact you clearly do not play a sorc yet are insinuating that overload is this godlike skill that melts everything in its path using HA. THAT is comical.
    Xbox NA
    King Kush-MagSorc
    Options
  • SirMewser
    SirMewser
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Loloverload

A lot of alarmist vigilantes are suffering from some sort of "shock" after feeling depicted when reading patch notes, they are not in a good sound mind because this installs fear which creates delusions, unfortunately the NDA has prevented some information on actual testing for being used to sort of "answer" questions they might have.

Huzzzzah!~
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/337361/partial-lift-of-nda-for-update-14#latest
    Edited by SirMewser on April 20, 2017 9:02PM
    Options
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It´s gonna be funny anyways when people realize stamina and magica wardens offer better delayed burst than sorcs do.

Underground assault, bird, charge, puncture (procsetofyourliking here) - literally everything hits at the same time - 1 hit no stealth needed.

Magica works the same way but takes a little more work/skill to execute with heavyattack - but potentially even more deadly with fire knockback and the delay on breaking.

The Bird is truly overperforming. Compare it to force pulse and forsake. it's better in every single aspect.

Being undodgeable is ridiculous IMO. It's easy to dodge? So is frags, so is overload, so is uppercut, so is snipe, so is Dark Flare, so is the spectral bow from Grim Focus.

So what makes the Warden special?

Everything makes the Warden special. And

I agree with @Dracane

Visage is a micromanagement intensive hero ! And I can do it :( Stop your claims.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
    Options
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keep in mind, all players sustain takes a hit, so sorc shields gonna cost more, well so does every other skill, specially stamina skills. Hitting a shield over and over with a skill while sorc is spamming hard ward will also drain the attackers resources. Shieldspam will still be top dog. Healing takes a big hit, but shieldspamming/stacking does not.

PC EU
    PvP only
    Options
  • Lord_Hev
    Lord_Hev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Dark Exchange was far more balanced when it was a 4 second channel back in 1.6 and prior. It also looked cooler, and gave more room for counter-play. The skill needs to be reverted back to how it was, but with the morph resource exchanges how it is now: Dark Deal for Stamina and Dark Conversion for Magic.
    Qaevir/Qaevira Av Morilye/Molag
    Tri-Faction @Lord_Hevnoraak ingame
    PC NA
    Options
  • usmcjdking
    usmcjdking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    SirMewser wrote: »

I agree with @Dracane

Micromanagement with shields does exist hence pets exist in the game, try them without the shield, the pets are then rendered useless, aka dead.

Others will use the shields reactively rather than proactively as this has a huge impact on defence and how they play.

KingKush wrote: »
    Lol so many players that obviously don't play Sorc's trying to tell everyone what changes are needed to make the class "balanced"

snip

snip
    It´s gonna be funny anyways when people realize stamina and magica wardens offer better delayed burst than sorcs do.

Underground assault, bird, charge, puncture (procsetofyourliking here) - literally everything hits at the same time - 1 hit no stealth needed.

Magica works the same way but takes a little more work/skill to execute with heavyattack - but potentially even more deadly with fire knockback and the delay on breaking.

The Bird is truly overperforming. Compare it to force pulse and forsake. it's better in every single aspect.

Being undodgeable is ridiculous IMO. It's easy to dodge? So is frags, so is overload, so is uppercut, so is snipe, so is Dark Flare, so is the spectral bow from Grim Focus.

I agree with @Dracane

Visage is a micromanagement intensive hero ! And I can do it :( Stop your claims.

He sure is. The way you played Visage was not very micro intensive and that's perfectly fine as you will continue to progress in the game and get better with the hero.

That doesn't discount the fact shields do not take a high level of skill to utilize. And they certainly do not take any micromanagement.
    Edited by ZOS_Bill on April 20, 2017 9:35PM
    Options
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    We have had to remove multiple posts from this thread for flaming and baiting. This kind of behavior is against the forum rules so please try and stay civil even if you disagree with someone.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    olsborg wrote: »
    Keep in mind, all players sustain takes a hit, so sorc shields gonna cost more, well so does every other skill, specially stamina skills. Hitting a shield over and over with a skill while sorc is spamming hard ward will also drain the attackers resources. Shieldspam will still be top dog. Healing takes a big hit, but shieldspamming/stacking does not.

One shield and healing ward costs 9K now. If that's not a big hit. If that's 'top dog' I have no idea what to say to you.
    Options
  • Domander
    Domander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    olsborg wrote: »

So one player is defending while the other is all out attacking, wait, what is your complaint? that you can't just beat down whoever you want?
    Options
  • Zarrakon
    Zarrakon
    ✭✭✭

No. Please do not give harness magicka a fixed return. I say this as someone who actually never uses harness magicka.

Harness magicka is already very situational to use; it's not a free magicka return skill you click whenever you want more resources, and I'm not sure it'll even restore more resources than it consumes without cost reduction (though I need to check this on the PTS later tonight).

The thing that bothers me about this is that if it the fixed amount it returns is comparable to its cost, then literally every stamina character could slot it to hard counter literally every magicka character in PvP. The way it is currently is extremely fair: it is only a viable counter to people who could viably use it themselves to counter you.
    Options
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lord_Hev wrote: »

Dark Exchange was far more balanced when it was a 4 second channel back in 1.6 and prior. It also looked cooler, and gave more room for counter-play. The skill needs to be reverted back to how it was, but with the morph resource exchanges how it is now: Dark Deal for Stamina and Dark Conversion for Magic.

I think it was just different in use.
    For me it used to be more powerful in terms of resourcemanagement back in the days when actually building for it (iE low max stamina high stamina regen everything was % based).
    I do like the new functionality as a heal and would rather not loose it (and i think stam sorcs agree here) which is why I think they need to limit how much resouces it can convert per minute - which return over time would achieve (8s would be my starting point)
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

Options
  • Lord_Hev
    Lord_Hev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I agree with @Dracane

Others will use the shields reactively rather than proactively as this has a huge impact on defence and how they play.

snip

snip

I agree with @Dracane

He sure is. The way you played Visage was not very micro intensive and that's perfectly fine as you will continue to progress in the game and get better with the hero.

That doesn't discount the fact shields do not take a high level of skill to utilize. And they certainly do not take any micromanagement.

You still have yet to prove or make any case of your opinion that shields do not require micro-managing. Other then an ad hominem jab at someone in regards to a different game.
    PC NA
    Options
  • usmcjdking
    usmcjdking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I agree with @Dracane

snip

snip

I agree with @Dracane

You still have yet to prove or make any case of your opinion that shields do not require micro-managing. Other then an ad hominem jab at someone in regards to a different game.

Peak effectiveness of shields (discounting healing ward) can be reached by 2 buttons in sequential orders every 6 seconds.
    Peak efficiency of shields can be reached by no more than 1 APS.

These are not qualitities associated wth micro-management
    Options
  • t3hdubzy
    t3hdubzy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Have you tested this on PTS?
    Options
  • GrigorijMalahevich
    GrigorijMalahevich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magsorcs will adapt and overcome :smiley:

#fixstreak
    #trappingwebsmagickaability

PC/EU 800 CP.
    PvP MagSorc.
    Pedro Gonzales - Mag Sorc EP vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/CB6j6
    Valera Progib - Stam Sorc DC vMA Flawless Conqueror clear https://i.imgur.com/eYgpXG2.png
    Valera Pozhar - Mag DK EP vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/jrsuK
    Valera Podlechi - Mag Templar AD vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/N0BYq
    Options
  • ManDraKE
    ManDraKE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nerf pirate skeleton and shields will be fine.
    Edited by ManDraKE on April 21, 2017 12:35AM
    Options
  • NightbladeMechanics
    NightbladeMechanics
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Loloverload

Aw you beat me to it. :lol:
    Kena
    Legion XIII
    Excellence without elitism
    Premier small scale PvP

Legend
    NA/PC's original dueling and PvP community guild
    Now NA/PC's dueling, BGs, small scale, GvG, and general PvP community. We float just under 500 members. Mail me in game for an invite.

Apex Predator.

Here's a great thread collecting community ideas for PvP updates.

[MEGATHREAD] Feedback Threads for Class Reps

Class Representative Feedback Discords:
    Nightblade Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/t2Xhnu6

Dragonknight Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/UHtZhz8

Sorcerer Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/e3QkCS8

Templar Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/WvVuSw7

Warden Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/sTFY4ys

General Healing Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/6CmzBFb

TONKS!
    https://discord.gg/DRNYd39

Werewolf Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/aDEx2ev

Vampire Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/yfzck8Q
    Options
  • Lord_Hev
    Lord_Hev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I agree with @Dracane

snip

snip

I agree with @Dracane

Peak effectiveness of shields (discounting healing ward) can be reached by 2 buttons in sequential orders every 6 seconds.
    Peak efficiency of shields can be reached by no more than 1 APS.

These are not qualitities associated wth micro-management

Your APS mean nothing to the 90% of sorc rerolls that consistently die to one of my 22k frags because they didn't click two buttons for their shields in an improper rotation.

There is micromanaging in when to shield stack, maintain shield rotation, and going on the offensive. Something you would have to learn the hardway if you ever played a sorc.
    PC NA
    Options
  • KramUzibra
    KramUzibra
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm surprised anyone is actually Suggesting positive sorc changes as if they need to be balanced PvP speaking with other classes.. how about let's make Shields credible? How about that change?
    Options
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Major Protection simply shouldn't work on Shields

Simple Fix and would probably balance that issue.
    Options