The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Dueling is a Great Addition

THEDKEXPERIENCE
THEDKEXPERIENCE
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
Great work ZOS!

On my final fight, my hurricane spamming stamina opponent, who was laying in a blue pile of ash, yelled at me that I only beat him "cause of &#$$# @$$ Soul Assault!"

My night was made by the tears of a salty stam build. Thank you ZOS.
  • AzraelKrieg
    AzraelKrieg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Some people don't take losing well. Especially those that believe they are OP as hell xD
    Gold Dragons Guildmaster PC-NACR2000+
    Kalthar Wolf-Brother – EP Templar - 50 Maeli Valen - EP NB - 50Naps-During-Trials – EP Templar - 50Rulnakh - EP Sorc - 50Azrael Krieg - EP NB – 50Uvithasa Telvanni – EP DK – 50More-Tail - EP Warden - 50Narile Galen - EP Sorc - 50Bone Soldier - EP Necro - 50Naps-During-Trails - EP Necro - 50
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soul Assault is broken. A medium armor stamina build has hardly any way to defend against it. Even while blocking, it will blow through 75% of HP and at least 40% of your stamina bar.

All it does is to promote the Black Rose meta.
    Edited by susmitds on October 19, 2016 4:40AM
  • Taylor_MB
    Taylor_MB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    susmitds wrote: »
    Soul Assault is broken. A medium armor stamina build has hardly any way to defend against it. Even while blocking, it will blow through 75% of HP and at least 40% of your stamina bar.

But as always the stamina version is worse. The bow ult goes through LoS (or I've just been super unlucky, but it never breaks for me even when behind large trees and stuff).

But yeah, hold block and healing is the worst counter play ZoS could have come up with >.<
    PvP Defensive Set Comparison
    Firestarter MagDK 1vX
    - build and gamplay!
    LagPlar Ranged Lag Proof(ish) Magplar
    - build and gamplay!
    ShadowGaurd MagBlade Group Utility Tank
    - build and gamplay!
    Oncoming Storm No-CP 11.6k Ward MagSorc - build and gamplay!
    My YouTube Chanel

• Vorcil
    Vorcil
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nerf stamina medium builds
    nefs proc builds
    nerf invincible tanks

but don't nerf magicka... that's the last thing this game needs
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Vorcil wrote: »
    Nerf stamina medium builds
    nefs proc builds
    nerf invincible tanks

but don't nerf magicka... that's the last thing this game needs

No need to nerf anything! but just forums where some players QQ after any release....
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Taylor_MB wrote: »
    But as always the stamina version is worse. The bow ult goes through LoS (or I've just been super unlucky, but it never breaks for me even when behind large trees and stuff).

Shhh... DK wings will reflect Toxic Barrage. Pop wings as soon as it starts and send most of it right back at them.
  • dem0n1k
    dem0n1k
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Buff Sorcerer shields back to 20s ! ................................ * streaks away *
    NA Server [PC] -- Mostly Ebonheart Pact, Mostly.
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah ... Soul Assault followed by radiant oppression is a great way to make people lose their minds. Hahahaha. I found that many of these fights are basically rope-a-dopes. If you can survive the initial onslaught just pick your spot and BLAMMO!!
  • Vipstaakki
    Vipstaakki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I disagree with the title of this thread. Dueling was the worst addition in a while.
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Vipstaakki wrote: »
    I disagree with the title of this thread. Dueling was the worst addition in a while.

If you do not want duels just turn on auto duel decline..

Its simple,
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dueling is cool.

But Dueling in populated areas such as cities and Undaunted Enclaves? Absolutely hate it. Should attract a bounty if seen by guards.

You get in trouble with the guards when you fight NPCs, so why not extend this to players? Just don't lag out my cities/Enclaves!

Plus PvP is a mess balance-wise atm. Duels determine how broken the sets you're using are, not how skillful you are.

The core feature of Dueling itself is nice. We also gain a very convenient way to test stuff damage-wise by hitting players. :)
  • AgentSylo
    AgentSylo
    ✭✭✭
    It his funny to hear peope cry when they lose, especially if they are supposed to be an adult.

But yea duelling, yet another normal mmo feature that should of been in the game from day 1. But better late then never I suppose, man they are slow.

Get ready though, this community is already crazy about wanting things nerfed, now the threads are gonna double lol

Edited by AgentSylo on October 19, 2016 6:18AM
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Dueling is great, I yesterday wrecked one person, twice, was nice :smiley:
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    That has not been my experience, and I run a medium armor stam build. I have a few advantages, I guess. Being a Nord (damage reduction), having 1.4k health regen, lingering health potions, Rally running, and I use Vigor while blocking. Then Soul Assault barely makes an impact.
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Taylor_MB wrote: »

But yeah, hold block and healing is the worst counter play ZoS could have come up with >.<

I haven't found this to be true, don't have the morphed versions yet but for both unmorphed, I tested with a buddy through dualing.

Soul Strike was uninterruptable, undodgeable, unable to CC opponent during use, did roughly the same damage as the bow ultimate for almost half the cost and slowed the target.

Rapid Fire was unbashable, but could both be dodged and entirely negated by CC'ing your opponent, did slightly more damage but roughly double the cost and while you can move at full speed so can your opponent.

I have yet to test Rapid Fire with cloak or a ranged interrupt, or either or the morphs for both Soul Strike or Rapid Fire. But so far from the early return of duals Soul Strike is far and away better than Rapid Fire.

If you see your opponent cast Rapid Fire, CC entirely negates it, dodging negates it, LOS negates it and there is no slow to keep you from LOSing, and blocking negates it although it appears that blocking will destroy your stamina pool.
    Legendary Archer of Valenwood
    Bosmer Dragon Knight Archer. XBox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Nightblade Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Sorcerer Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Warden Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Templar's are evil..
  • Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As far as the damage, on my Bosmer stamina DK with a bow and 100 points into mighty Rapid Fire tooltip was 44k, where as Soul Strike tool tip was 36k. Now I only had 28k stamina and 3.5k weapon damage for the test so it could definitely go higher, but in duals Rapid Fire base morph is far from effective.
    Legendary Archer of Valenwood
    Bosmer Dragon Knight Archer. XBox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Nightblade Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Sorcerer Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Warden Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Templar's are evil..
  • zuto40
    zuto40
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love dueling, spent 15 minutes earlier in 1 duel against a very troublesome DK, i eventually lost when i ran out of stam pots, he only had 1 left too :D
    Stamblade- Legate
    Tank/Heals Templar- Sergeant
    Magic DK- Corporal
    Stam DK- Sergeant
    Stamplar- Corporal

YouTube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCy8uqORxhlrMh8oz2230s9g
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soul assault tooltip 77k, curse + fury + SA = Gf.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dueling is great addition,

Loving it, for haters they should not play MMO instead time to go for single player..
  • Wollust
    Wollust
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vipstaakki wrote: »

If you do not want duels just turn on auto duel decline..

Its simple,

Don't mind him, he never misses out on a chance of expressing his dislike for PvP.
    Susano'o

Zerg Squad
  • Skinless_Jerk
    Skinless_Jerk
    ✭✭✭
    even though my download still isn't complete....... i feel duelling is a 2 way street - for many people including myself, this patch has been long awaited on. On the other hand i feel it is another IC player base splitter - but then again after almost 2 years of [SNIP] pvp who honestly cares about cyrodiil anymore (zerglings need not reply)
    Edited by ZOS_PeterT on October 19, 2016 3:33PM
    CP561 Breton Templar
    CP561 Woodelf NB
    CP561 Orc Sorcerer
    CP561 Dark Elf Dragon Knight
    CP561 Redguard Dragon knight
    CP561 High Elf NB

MBE for my contribution to the world of sarcasm
    Velcro is a rip-off
  • Skinless_Jerk
    Skinless_Jerk
    ✭✭✭
    Soul assault tooltip 77k, curse + fury + SA = Gf.

hahaha gives me tingles
    CP561 Breton Templar
    CP561 Woodelf NB
    CP561 Orc Sorcerer
    CP561 Dark Elf Dragon Knight
    CP561 Redguard Dragon knight
    CP561 High Elf NB

MBE for my contribution to the world of sarcasm
    Velcro is a rip-off
  • Erik_Darksinger
    Erik_Darksinger
    ✭✭✭
    I don't have a problem with the addition of Dueling. It gives players a chance to test out a build before they go into Cyrodiil and find out it has weaknesses they need to fix. It also allows players the chance to duel friends of the same Faction which we could not do before.

The only problem I have with Dueling is the locations of the Duels. Some choose to duel in areas that could be seen as harassing to other players. High Traffic areas such as Crafting areas and dye stations or Quest NPC's. The small fix I would suggest that may work in some cases would be to add a code that you cannot Duel in areas that the game does not allow you to summon your mount. Indoors areas and such.

Right now, Dueling is the new toy that everyone has to try. Give it a few weeks or a month or so and the excitement over it will die down a bit and there won't be as many dueling everywhere they can. As for myself, I turned on Auto-Duel declines so that I would not constantly get bugged by people I don't know asking me to Accept or Decline when I am trying to do other things. If I want to duel a friend for fun, I can always turn it on for that fight then turn it back off afterwards.
    Damian Du'Bois - Breton Nightblade
    Erik Darksinger - Nord Nightblade
    Gabriella Gautier-Du'Bois - Breton Sorcerer
    Jaysun Blackheart - Redguard Nightblade
    Markul the Butcher - Orc Nightblade
    Markus Gautier - Imperial Nightblade
    Variius Indoril - Dunmer Warden[/center
    Ebonheart Pact - PC/NA
  • bigredsnake
    bigredsnake
    Soul Shriven
    Did it back in DCUO if it's not tied to SP or CP who cares? I'm glad there's a option to ignore duel invites though. It could be useful for PVP testing but who really fights 1 on 1 there?
  • johu31
    johu31
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nerf duels. Pvp players finally get face roll pve players.. not to mention, I can't go to elden root to buy a pack of smokes without running into 47 ppl getting [SNIP] in a duel.
    Edited by ZOS_PeterT on October 19, 2016 3:35PM
  • jakeedmundson
    jakeedmundson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not into pvp at all... but i go into cyrodil to get the alliance skills for characters at least.

I gotta say though... dueling was pretty fun with some pve friends. I'm sure to the pvp world it looked like a couple of 1-legged men in a foot race.

either way... its a pretty unique addition. and my friends and i had a good time trying it out.

and yes... we left the populated area before dueling... because it does get annoying and lagging with a dozen banners by the undaunted area.
    CP690
    Lv 50 Dunmer DragonKnight Tank/Dps
    Lv 50 Altmer Sorcerer Dps
    Lv 50 Breton Templar Healer/Dps
    Lv 50 Altmer Nightblade Dps
    Lv 50 Redguard Sorcerer Dps
    PS4 - DC
    vSOHM - vAAHM - vHRC - vMA Flawless

My version of a Heavy Attack Sorc build
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/294724/magicka-sorc-heavy-attack-build-homestead-ready/p1?new=1
  • GreenhaloX
    GreenhaloX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Similar to cheating issues plaguing PvP in Cyrodiil, I'm beginning to notice some things among some duelers could be in the same category. Particularly when a 360 CP beating a 561, and I'm seeing mostly the 561 CP's health depleting, and the 360's health rarely breaking below 3/4. Another time, one toon kept spamming fragmented shield or barrier and of course that toon won, because he or she was rarely getting damaged, but was able to mercilessly damage the opponent. Also, maybe a glitch, but also some zone chats saying certain was not even realized he or she was even part of a duel, but was getting hit/damages from another player attacking. Another time, I just saw a toon thrashing another way lower CP toon and the other toon wasn't even fighting back. What is up with that? Is it similar to PvP in Cyrodiil where you get points for beating the other toon?
  • ZOS_JohanaB
    ZOS_JohanaB
    ✭✭✭✭
    We've moved this thread to Dueling
    Staff Post
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    GreenhaloX wrote: »
    Similar to cheating issues plaguing PvP in Cyrodiil, I'm beginning to notice some things among some duelers could be in the same category. Particularly when a 360 CP beating a 561, and I'm seeing mostly the 561 CP's health depleting, and the 360's health rarely breaking below 3/4. Another time, one toon kept spamming fragmented shield or barrier and of course that toon won, because he or she was rarely getting damaged, but was able to mercilessly damage the opponent. Also, maybe a glitch, but also some zone chats saying certain was not even realized he or she was even part of a duel, but was getting hit/damages from another player attacking. Another time, I just saw a toon thrashing another way lower CP toon and the other toon wasn't even fighting back. What is up with that? Is it similar to PvP in Cyrodiil where you get points for beating the other toon?

I'll try to answer each point.

- 360 vs 561: It's more likely that you witnessed a good player with a full time job vs a person who plays a ton but doesn't PVP that much. There are thousands of max level players who don't know how to PVP. Sure cheating could happen but it certainly would be far down my list of worries, especially if you're talking about consoles.
    - Shields are vital in dueling.
    - There are lots of tanky sets that you can build to still hit like a truck. Barrier is one of the few shields that can be used without magic or stam so if someone isn't going to use their ultimate offensively barrier is a great choice.
    - Other players cannot damage you in a duel. NPCs can.
    - Not fighting back? Maybe their batteries ran out. Maybe they were doing a DPS test. Maybe their pizza showed up. There is no benefit to letting your buddy beat you other than maybe the achievement of winning a duel. I wouldn't worry about this.
    - No points are awarded like AP in Cyrodiil. You are only rewarded with by being a triumphantly glorious warrior.
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I especially liked that pizza comment :) That made me smile and it's so true.
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB