The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 13
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.4 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

Item set feedback wanted!

ZOS_JessicaFolsom
ZOS_JessicaFolsom
Community Manager
In the next PTS build there will be 3 new character templates added that will allow you to create VR16 characters. These templates also have max-level versions of each of the new items sets from the Imperial City DLC, as well as a few other goodies.

We want feedback on the sets, and are especially interested in seeing the types of new builds you create to support them. After you tested with them for a while, let us know what you think!

The templates should appear at the top of the drop-down list on the character create screen and are called:
  • Imperial City PTS V16 Dag
  • Imperial City PTS V16 Ebon
  • Imperial City PTS V16 Ald

The item sets available for testing are:
  • Armor Master
  • Black Rose
  • Brands of Imperium
  • Combat Physician
  • Essence Thief
  • Jolting Arms
  • Leeching Plate
  • Lord Warden Dusk
  • Meritorious Service
  • Molag Kena
  • Noble’s Conquest
  • Overwhelming Surge
  • Phoenix
  • Powerful Assault
  • Reactive Armor
  • Redistributor
  • Scathing Mage
  • Sheer Venom
  • Shield Breaker
  • Shock Master
  • Spell Power Cure
  • Tormentor
  • Toxic Defiance

Thanks for helping us test these item sets--we look forward to your feedback!

(Edit: Added the "Essence Thief" item set to the list above. We accidentally omitted it--sorry about that!)
Jessica Folsom
Associate Director of Community - ZeniMax Online Studios
Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
Staff Post
  • ScruffyWhiskers
    ScruffyWhiskers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who do I petition to get you to update Stygian? The combination of medium armor (eliminating any chance of a 5 piece light armor passive activation) and daggers (no spell crit for dual wield passive) really ruins what was once a good set for magicka melee nb's before 1.6.

It could be a great armor set for magicka melee nb's and would go a long way to helping concealed weapon be more viable.

Please change the pieces to light armor and/or add a necklace. Bonus change would be daggers to swords but that would be too much to hope for.
    Options
  • lucian_banneb18_ESO
    In the next PTS build

Can you please tell us when will that be?
    Thanks!
    Options
  • Fecius
    Fecius
    ✭✭✭
    Oh, Lord! This is REALLY nice. Thank you for this. We will try to do our best in providing a constructive feedback. :)
    - Looking for Progress PvE Guild!
    - Ex Ætherius Eight / Ætherius Raid PC EU
    - World First Sanctum Ophidia Difficult Mode (1.5.8 at January 21, 2015)

- PvE Dunmer Magicka Sorcerer
    - YouTube

- Under sun and sky Outlander, we greet you warmly!
    - Под этим Солнцем и небом мы тепло приветствуем тебя!
    Options
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still do not know why ZoS has made a major effort at improving the itemization without doing a single thing to change the obsolete and very unbalanced trait system for weapons and armors
    Options
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In the next PTS build

Can you please tell us when will that be?
    Thanks!

Monday, when they delete the current char and put in the EU char copy, if my dates are right.
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
    Options
  • Fecius
    Fecius
    ✭✭✭
    I still do not know why ZoS has made a major effort at improving the itemization without doing a single thing to change the obsolete and very unbalanced trait system for weapons and armors

This is an ongoing prosess. You can't just "puffff" and "Job's done". There are some major changes in this update too by the way (nirnhorned).
    - Looking for Progress PvE Guild!
    - Ex Ætherius Eight / Ætherius Raid PC EU
    - World First Sanctum Ophidia Difficult Mode (1.5.8 at January 21, 2015)

- PvE Dunmer Magicka Sorcerer
    - YouTube

- Under sun and sky Outlander, we greet you warmly!
    - Под этим Солнцем и небом мы тепло приветствуем тебя!
    Options
  • HeroOfNone
    HeroOfNone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When the next build comes, will NA characters be wiped and EU characters come on? It's a bit annoying when we won't have a variety of sets to try out
    Herfi Driderkitty of the Aldmeri Dominion
    Find me on : Twitch | Youtube | Twitter | Reddit
    Options
  • Zheg
    Zheg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fecius wrote: »

This is an ongoing prosess. You can't just "puffff" and "Job's done". There are some major changes in this update too by the way (nirnhorned).

Problem is, like many issues, they shouldn't have even been in the game at launch. The fact that they'd make pvp sets come with Sturdy says they didn't think through things at all and either assigned a random number generator or were blindfolded and swinging away at the balance pinata. /rant

As someone already posted, please give us the date when the new build will be available (once you have that info). As a related aside, I noticed some existing sets had changes made to them (Alteration Mastery went from 4% reduced costs to 6% reduced costs, etc.) that weren't in the patch notes. Jessica, if you can get us a list of these existing armor sets that had changes made to them, I'm sure we'd be happy to test those as well (and really, they should have been in the patch notes...).
    Options
  • Glory
    Glory
    Class Representative
    Please also itemize old sets (Draugr's Heritage, Necropotence, VDSA/Trials gear) as they are extremely valuable.

I will definitely be providing feedback, would you prefer it in a separate forum post or on this post?
    mDK will rise again.
    Rebuild Necromancer pet AI.

@Glorious since I have too many characters to list

Ádamant

Strongly against Faction Lock
    Options
  • Suntzu1414
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom when is this happening ??

Kill Well
    ST
    DC - NB VR15 - Khajit - DW / S+B / Bow
    DC - NB VR 15 - Wood Elf - S+B / Resto
    DC - TP VR 15 - Brenton - Resto / Dual Wield
    DC - SC VR 12 - High Elf - Desto / Dual Wield
    EP - TP VR 5 - Nord - 2hd / 2hd
    EP - DK 20 - Imperial - S+B / Desto / Bow
    Options
  • CP5
    CP5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Random question, which 3 of these are the crafted ones?
    Options
  • Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom can you confirm which 11 existing sets will scale to v16 in the rewards for the worthy? Thanks
    Guild: STACK n BURN (gm) PC - NA
    CP 810 18 Maxed Characters:
    "How hard can u guar?" - Rafishul[/spoiler]
    Options
  • RoamingRiverElk
    RoamingRiverElk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Include some basic sets like Warlock/Healer and Shadow Walker in the premade templates too so that they can be combined with the new sets, please. :)

It would also be good if all veteran templates came with all the traits learned in crafting so we could craft any sets easily for testing.

Also... include more potions! 50 tristats is way too few. Include more like 500, and it'll be good. :)
    Dalris Aalr - Magicka (Stamina) DK | Dalfish - Magicka Sorc | Dal Aalr - Magicka Warden | Dalrish - Mag/Stam NB | Irana Aalr - PvE Templar
    Options
  • ThatNeonZebraAgain
    ThatNeonZebraAgain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gore-of-the-Forest Argonian Nightblade
    Wode Earthrender Breton Dragonknight
    Ceol the Last Baron Redguard Dragonknight
    Wayra High Elf Sorceress
    Erebain Salothran Dark Elf Templar
    Rituals-of-the-Forest Argonian Warden
    Options
  • radicalb21
    radicalb21
    ✭✭✭
    There is one set you missed The Essence Thief.
    Options
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fecius wrote: »

It's not an "ongoing process" when the same obvious imbalances have remained in place since launch and when failing to address the issue compromises the very goal they seek, more interesting itemization.
    Options
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Without weapon/shield parts, sets loosing its power, number of sets combos is too small. Personally I won't use any of them coz this. Also Reactive Armor proccing if you stay inside Negate area even after Break Free, is it intended? Also stamina bonuses is useless for this set as you can forget about CC Break with it. Also wanna see improvement of 5 piece bonus of Nikula Set and added weapon part to it, just like jewlery to Syrabanne. With new block mechanic they are totally useless.
    Edited by Cinbri on August 6, 2015 5:04PM
    Options
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    CP5 wrote: »
    Random question, which 3 of these are the crafted ones?
    @CP5

Armor Master
    Noble’s Conquest
    Redistributor

I can save you some trouble, the only one of those that has any potential at all is Armor Master.
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
    Options
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    HeroOfNone wrote: »
    When the next build comes, will NA characters be wiped and EU characters come on? It's a bit annoying when we won't have a variety of sets to try out

When we roll out our next PTS patch, which is scheduled for next week, all characters currently on the PTS will be wiped. At that time, characters from the live European megaserver will be copied over to the PTS and we'll implement the new VR16 character templates.

Jessica Folsom
    Options
    Staff Post
  • HeroOfNone
    HeroOfNone
    ✭✭✭✭✭

When we roll out our next PTS patch, which is scheduled for next week, all characters currently on the PTS will be wiped. At that time, characters from the live European megaserver will be copied over to the PTS and we'll implement the new VR16 character templates.

Care to mail use some of these sets this week? Like I said, won't have access to other craft able sets next week's with the baseline characters (with no trait research) and some of the prior sets. That means we're also less likely to point out broken builds.
    Options
  • Imdrefan
    Imdrefan
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom it would be appreciated if we could have a list of the new sets with the bonuses.
    Drefan - VR14 AD Templar
    Decibel
    Dark Flare to the Face
    Options
  • Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My initial thoughts on damage before in game testing:

Notable damage sets:
    Magicka: Overwhelming, Scathing Mage, Willpower
    Stamina: Essence Thief, Sheer venom, Molag Kena, Agility

notes:
    molag kena - looks like a joke... who wants to do 3 consecutive light attacks? maybe an overload sorc idk
    Sheer Venom - 5 pc bonus looks weak compared to other five pc bonuses of like sets.
    Essence thief - weapon damage is too low for a 10% proc chance on LA only
    Overwhelming - seems to be the only one you got right in the damage dept., we'll see if the 8% proc is alright I guess.
    Scathing mage - again seems like it could be a winner but depends on the 10% proc again...we'll see.

All the other sets (damage) either looked situational or hybrid = if I could bet, i'd say not going to be used much. So ultimately, not much to see here. Which is why I'm looking for an answer on the existing "improved" sets and where they can be found or tested...because my bet is that most will ignore these new sets and continue with damage stacking.

Will v16 ravager and/or cyrodiil's light be available and only from the rewards of the worthy? Will v16 martial knowledge exist in cyrodiil chests? If yes, can they be provided in the v16 templates to compare to what you've listed here? @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_BrianWheeler
    Edited by Cuyler on August 6, 2015 8:28PM
    Guild: STACK n BURN (gm) PC - NA
    CP 810 18 Maxed Characters:
    "How hard can u guar?" - Rafishul[/spoiler]
    Options
  • Ishammael
    Ishammael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There have been stealth changes to several existing sets, e.g. Arch Mage, alteration mastery, etc. Can we get a listing of these changes? Also, were new pieces added to other sets?

Finally, one of the largest itemization problems is the lack of jewelry and weapon options that span sets. Builds end up so similar because there Are only a couple of jewelry choices for both magicka and stamina builds: healer, warlock, and cyrodil's light for magicka; shadow walker, ravager, Hawks eye, and moral tong for stamina. (Yes I missed a few)

For instance, why not add rings to the adroitness set? An emu let to light of Cyrodil? Or jewelry For the quick serpent set? Identify sets that are desirable, but not used because they lack the flexibility to fit with other options.
    Edited by Ishammael on August 6, 2015 8:08PM
    Options
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    We just edited the first post to add the "Essence Thief" item set to the list. We accidentally omitted it--sorry about that!

@HeroOfNone - Unfortunately, we don't have the means to send the new item set packs via mail on the PTS. For what it's worth, the item sets that come on the VR16 templates are tradeable, so you could create a template character then put the items in your bank to retrieve by another character.
    Jessica Folsom
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ishammael wrote: »
    There have been stealth changes to several existing sets, e.g. Arch Mage, alteration mastery, etc. Can we get a listing of these changes? Also, were new pieces added to other sets?

Finally, one of the largest itemization problems is the lack of jewelry and weapon options that span sets. Builds end up so similar because there Are only a couple of jewelry choices for both magicka and stamina builds: healer, warlock, and cyrodil's light for magicka; shadow walker, ravager, Hawks eye, and moral tong for stamina. (Yes I missed a few)

For instance, why not add rings to the adroitness set? An emu let to light of Cyrodil? Or jewelry For the quick serpent set? Identify sets that are desirable, but not used because they lack the flexibility to fit with other options.

I can second this, New sets really need Jewelry Options to make them decent like old sets. Because then you can mix and match them with old sets and crafted stuff.

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Options
  • HeroOfNone
    HeroOfNone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We just edited the first post to add the "Essence Thief" item set to the list. We accidentally omitted it--sorry about that!

@HeroOfNone - Unfortunately, we don't have the means to send the new item set packs via mail on the PTS. For what it's worth, the item sets that come on the VR16 templates are tradeable, so you could create a template character then put the items in your bank to retrieve by another character.

If we could at least have all traits research on the template characters that would at least help us out a bit. most of us won't be able to test out even ashen grip with these sets, let alone something like hundings rage or be able to craft any of the IC armor sets in various combos.
    Options
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    One more additional note: The VR16 template characters will also have the Agility, Endurance, and Willpower jewelry/weapon mini-sets.
    Jessica Folsom
    Options
    Staff Post
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager

If we could at least have all traits research on the template characters that would at least help us out a bit. most of us won't be able to test out even ashen grip with these sets, let alone something like hundings rage or be able to craft any of the IC armor sets in various combos.

We'll ask about this!

(Edit: Already got an answer back. This is something we very much want to add to PTS template characters in the future, but it's not something we currently have the ability to do.)

Edited by ZOS_JessicaFolsom on August 6, 2015 11:15PM
    Jessica Folsom
    Options
    Staff Post
  • asneakybanana
    asneakybanana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure how the traits work on live but they seem to be random so are we going to get the perfect trait gear (ie. Infused on the big and divines on the small) or is it just going to be random traits. And please can we see the full list of set changes rather than just a couple? There are a ton of changes that aren't on there that are fairly important.
    Asneakybanana AD DK Former emperor of Chrysamere and Chillrend. World first hardmode Hel'ra and Quake con winner (Alliance rank 25)
    Asneakyhabenero EP DK Former emperor of Thornblade, Haderus. World first vMA Dk clear (Alliance rank 39)
    Asneakycucumber EP Sorc Former empress of Blackwater Bay and Trueflame (Alliance rank 32)
    Asneakypineapple EP Temp Former empress of Azuras Star and Haderus (Alliance rank 22)
    Asneakypickle EP NB Former empress of Trueflame (Alliance rank 47)
    Sweat Squad
    Crowned 27x on 12 different campaign cycles | 200M+ AP earned
    Fastest AA clear ever: 5:42 | Fastest HRC clear ever: 5:27 | NA first HM MoL
    609k Mag Sorc vMA
    NA first Tick Tock Tormentor
    NA first trinity (All No Death/HM/Speed run trials titles)
    2x Tick Tock Tormentor
    Options
  • Ishammael
    Ishammael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Xsorus wrote: »
    Ishammael wrote: »

I can second this, New sets really need Jewelry Options to make them decent like old sets. Because then you can mix and match them with old sets and crafted stuff.

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom

Thanks, @Xsorus . Basically if they simply add jewelry to sets that already exist things would be much more interesting!
    Options