The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

Character Copy on the PTS

• ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    We'll still have maxed-out character templates to use, but the current plan is to start with NA copies then switch to EU.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • ArconSeptim
    ArconSeptim
    ✭✭✭✭
    We'll still have maxed-out character templates to use, but the current plan is to start with NA copies then switch to EU.
    Yeah EU people are so blind and stupid to test it first with character copies...I knew it will be like this but I don't care at least when the update is coming on PTS :D

• Ruben
    Ruben
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edited by Ruben on January 22, 2015 5:50PM
    DK Stamina DPS
    DK Magicka DPS
    DK Tank
    Templar Healer
    Sorcerer Stamina DPS
    Nightblade Magicka DPS
    Nightblade Stamina DPS
  • JackDaniell
    JackDaniell
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just a quick question, I logged on to the PTS today and I have no toons at all on it (blank slate), are the NA servers not copied over atm?
    Ebonheart Templar

www.youtube.com/user/kristofersommermusic
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just a quick question, I logged on to the PTS today and I have no toons at all on it (blank slate), are the NA servers not copied over atm?
    No, because they literally just stated today that they have done an EU copy.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • inigol
    inigol
    Soul Shriven
    My profile from the NA server was not copied and I created a brand new character to confirm I didn't had acces to it. I would prefer to test the new updates with my veterank account due that the there are limits that a new account cant reach.
    Is it possible that not all accounts are copied?
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    inigol wrote: »
    My profile from the NA server was not copied and I created a brand new character to confirm I didn't had acces to it. I would prefer to test the new updates with my veterank account due that the there are limits that a new account cant reach.
    Is it possible that not all accounts are copied?
    Today was an EU copy, not an NA copy. The NA copies are next week. (At which point, the EU copies will be wiped.)
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
  • JackDaniell
    JackDaniell
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    No, because they literally just stated today that they have done an EU copy.

Ok thanks for letting me know!
    Ebonheart Templar

www.youtube.com/user/kristofersommermusic
  • AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    inigol wrote: »
    I would prefer to test the new updates with my veterank account due that the there are limits that a new account cant reach.

PTS is currently v1.5.2 (I kid you not, they are actually having the TEST SERVER run an OUT OF DATE build!), so not losing out on anything.
  • Prizax
    Prizax
    ✭✭✭
    so I just downloaded the PTS and wanted to see my current characters and there is NONE!? something wrong with me or no?
  • BoloBoffin
    BoloBoffin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nothing wrong. Any previous character copy has been wiped. Just start a new one or use one the templates for a high level character, if you like. Downloading what's there is good, though.
    I ride in a zerg ball of one.
  • DeathDealer19
    DeathDealer19
    ✭✭✭✭
    i dont understand people wanting the EU copies first. their pop is what 1/4th of ours on the NA side? hell most players in Europe play on the NA server lol
    @DeathDealer19

GM of We Wipe On Trash
    NA Server AD Faction
    VR14 High Elf Templar
    VR14 High Elf Dragonknight
    VR14 High Elf Sorcerer
    VR14 Imperial Dragonknight
    VR9 Bosmer Nightblade
  • RDMyers65b14_ESO
    RDMyers65b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i dont understand people wanting the EU copies first. their pop is what 1/4th of ours on the NA side? hell most players in Europe play on the NA server lol

Very true. I have friends here from the UK who play on the NA server.
  • RDMyers65b14_ESO
    RDMyers65b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xherics wrote: »
    In the
    Hi everyone! Today, we will be performing a character copy of the European megaserver (as of 1/22/15). No new patch will be implemented at this time. We are still aiming to release Update 6 on the PTS next week. If that changes, we'll let you know!

In the French topic I saw, that on the PTS release again the US server will have the possibility to try the new update as first. I am sure, that you already stated before, that EU players will have the first test period. What is the truth please?
    When Update 6 hits the PTS, we will perform another character copy during the maintenance to copy NA characters. After approximately one week, we'll copy EU characters. This way, each megaserver has a chance to test the content with their own Live characters.

OK, let me get this straight. NA server first for one week only and THEN the EU. Does that mean that PTS for only two weeks total before live launch?
  • DeathDealer19
    DeathDealer19
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can we get a simple yes or no for update 6 hitting pts today? I'm sitting here with my launcher open. They said during last stream and on the forums they were planning for today but still no definite yes. Its been a month of waiting am I wasting my time? Really want to see the changes and test them as much as possible
    @DeathDealer19

GM of We Wipe On Trash
    NA Server AD Faction
    VR14 High Elf Templar
    VR14 High Elf Dragonknight
    VR14 High Elf Sorcerer
    VR14 Imperial Dragonknight
    VR9 Bosmer Nightblade
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can we get a simple yes or no for update 6 hitting pts today? I'm sitting here with my launcher open. They said during last stream and on the forums they were planning for today but still no definite yes. Its been a month of waiting am I wasting my time? Really want to see the changes and test them as much as possible

No.
    It hits tomorrow as per announcement. :-)
    The Moot Councillor
  • LPabon
    LPabon
    In the
    Hi everyone! Today, we will be performing a character copy of the European megaserver (as of 1/22/15). No new patch will be implemented at this time. We are still aiming to release Update 6 on the PTS next week. If that changes, we'll let you know!

In the French topic I saw, that on the PTS release again the US server will have the possibility to try the new update as first. I am sure, that you already stated before, that EU players will have the first test period. What is the truth please?
    When Update 6 hits the PTS, we will perform another character copy during the maintenance to copy NA characters. After approximately one week, we'll copy EU characters. This way, each megaserver has a chance to test the content with their own Live characters.

OK, let me get this straight. NA server first for one week only and THEN the EU. Does that mean that PTS for only two weeks total before live launch?

why not just eive them a EU PTS since we both can't seem to play on this mega server lol
    Like a cyclone, imperialism spins across the globe; militarism crushes peoples and sucks their blood like a vampire.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In the

why not just eive them a EU PTS since we both can't seem to play on this mega server lol
    It's really not that much of an issue. Personally I never even use the copied characters, as I always use a template on PTS.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Just wanted to let you all know that characters from the North American megaserver were copied this morning at 8:00AM EST, and will be available once the PTS maintenance is complete!
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Dominoid
    Dominoid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just wanted to let you all know that characters from the North American megaserver were copied this morning at 8:00AM EST, and will be available once the PTS maintenance is complete!

Yay. This must mean you're done typing!
    Edited by Dominoid on January 27, 2015 4:31PM
  • ArconSeptim
    ArconSeptim
    ✭✭✭✭
    When is it complete?
  • AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    When is it complete?

"soon"
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ZOS you guys really need to move characters that you copy that are in Cyrodiil because you can't log into them unless they happen to be in the one campaign you guys have activated. Would like to test my tank DK but he's stuck in Haderus or Azura's... which isn't active.
  • LitosVansinne
    LitosVansinne
    Soul Shriven
    How is it possible to test every abillity when the templates does NOT include maxed out skills ? If you guys really want us to test the new changes and report bugs and find glitches we have to be able to do this simple and fast without having to level up every single abillity from scratch.

Suggestion, bring up all skills to morph-state, makes it quick and easy to see what abillities are broken and needs to be looked over again.

Best regards Lito
  • frank.bindb16_ESO
    frank.bindb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Again the NA Chars prefered :(

Last time only NA could test. EU not, cause their chars were available during live version on PTS.

This time NA again are the first which can test.

EU is 2nd class players for ZOS
    Edited by frank.bindb16_ESO on January 27, 2015 11:55PM
  • Zaenidd
    Zaenidd
    ✭✭✭
    We should have at least former copy of EU chars to test PTS

And don't tell to test with templates, they're just useless (no craftable sets, no skills maxed, ....)

You want players to test PTS, give us the tools.......

PTS off, i go back to live server
    Edited by Zaenidd on January 28, 2015 1:31AM
    Serveur EU - Pacte
    Co-GM de l'Escouade Sauvage - Guilde PVE escouadesauvage.guildi.com

Zaen Telvayn - DK magic dps v16 - vMoL 79.578 (37min30sec)
    Zaenia - Nightblade tank v16

All In Game PVE content cleared (except vMol HM)
  • LitosVansinne
    LitosVansinne
    Soul Shriven
    @tlegrandb16_ESO‌ Ofc there will be less of an insentive to go and try out the PTS when we cant get our copied characters, but while we are waiting, the least ZOS could do is to give us a template that is maxed out in skills, there is no point in testing the rank2 of lets say templars new finnisher.
  • BEZDNA
    BEZDNA
    ✭✭✭✭
    We'll still have maxed-out character templates to use.

That is total lies - that rubbish you give us has no skill leveled, i even can't choose any morphs of skills, armor you give - just a useless crap, no traits researched to craft anything. Please forgive me for my languagee, but that is a pice of *** and defenatly not a maxed-out character which soposed to help us to help you to test the game and make it better.
  • Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had my copy on pts before the patch from EU server. Why didnt you just allow us to play with old copies until the new mirroring process is done?

Also the template characters have no leveled skills at all. So it makes no sense to play pts from EU unless you grind levels for skills.
    Edited by Soris on January 28, 2015 3:39AM
    Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
  • Roechacca
    Roechacca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    So I can delete a character on PTS and it won't effect the live server toon ?