The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

crown store assistant priority

Nocturne Saint
Nocturne Saint
✭✭✭
So I have 5000 crowns now, a bit over. I'm trying to decide on what assistant to get.

so there's merchant, deconstruction assistant, bank assistant, and armory assistant.

what are the pros and cons of each?

i heard some of them have limitations, what can and can't they do?
Edited by Nocturne Saint on April 23, 2024 2:41AM
  • NoticeMeArkay
    NoticeMeArkay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Merchants have no limitations.
    Bankers cannot give access to guild banks nor guild stores.
    Deconstructions assistants got no limitations either as far as I'm aware.
    Armory assistants cannot be called to aid inside a trial, arena or any other timed content.
    The earnable fence assistant offers less profit than the normal fences out in the game.

No type of assistant can be summoned in Cyrodiil nor the Imperial City.
    Options
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    To add to above, merchants cant repair gear
    Soupy twist
    Options
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Bank > Merchant > Deconstruction > Armory, in my opinion, but it also depends on how you play. I can live without deconstruction and armory, but not bank and merchant, personally.

P.S. the crow merchants don’t work in werewolf form, but the rest do I think.
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
    Options
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you're trying to prioritize which one to get first, I would ask yourself which one would be most helpful to your needs. Which one would be of greatest benedit while you're in the middle of content that you don't want to leave-- say, running a dungeon?

In my opinion, the deconstruction assistant is the most useful assistant. But if you have access to a player house which has all of the basic crafting stations in it, then you might be able to quickly port into that house and deconstruct equipment using the individual crafting stations, then port into a house you don't own to preview it, then exit the house preview to return to your prior location. The nice thing about the deconstruction assistant is that you can deconstruct all types of equipment in one go without having to use several different types of crafting stations, plus you don't need to worry about timing out if you don't need to port from A to B to C and then exit back to A. But maybe you can get by without the deconstruction assistant and just use the crafting stations to deconstruct everything.

Second in usefulness, in my opinion, is the merchant, so you can quickly sell stuff to keep it from piling up and cluttering your inventory. But if you're able to wait until you get back to town, or can port to a guild hall or friend's house to use a merchant, then the assistant might not be as useful to you.

I should mention that I haven't gotten into using the Armory yet, so using the assistant to change build setups on the fly isn't of much use to me, although for many players the armory assistant might be the most useful choice.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
    Options
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Deconstruction > Bank > Merchant > Armory
    PC NA
    Options
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A consideration for some people is the deconstruction assistant uses that characters crafting skills to determine the results. If you've maxed out crafting on all your characters it's not a problem, if you only craft on certain characters you'll waste some items and miss out on materials using it on the others.

I've only got the banker and I doubt I'll get any of the others. The bank is the only service where I'd regularly have to stop what I was doing to go and find one. For merchants and fences I was always able to wait until I was in town, I only craft on 1 character so I pass gear to deconstruct to them from my other characters (often via the bank), and I only change builds when I'm going into (or leaving) organised groups so I have time to do that.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
    Options
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If I had to pick one I would go with the banker. Decon or merchant after that depending on whether you prefer mats or gold from your junk drops. I don’t use the Armory.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.

Loremaster’s Archive open for questions!
    Options
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally for me, it's Decon > Bank > Merchant > Armory

Why is decon at the front for me? Because of the unified interface. I can decon everything from one screen, instead of visiting 5 separate stations and selecting items from 7 different views (because for traditional BS and WW decon, weapons and armor/shields are selected from separate views).

I love the unified everything-in-one-place interface so much that I'd rather port my alt accounts to my main account's house just to use the decon assistant than visit the stations individually in the town that they're already in.

So putting aside the "summon anywhere" convenience, the decon assistant offers a noticeably superior user experience over the traditional means, and you can't say that about any of the other assistants.
    Edited by code65536 on April 23, 2024 5:05PM
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
    Options
  • SpacemanSpiff1
    SpacemanSpiff1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    banker > merchant > armory > deconist

banker: i have plenty of bank space so i can just dump stuff in there while on-the-go to deal with later.
    merchant: can quickly be rid of junk items while out of town.
    armory: dont have to go to my house to change setups, but dont have to do that often.
    decon: can be useful, but im rarely away from crafting stations long enough to worry about deconning.
    Options
  • Fischblut
    Fischblut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I bought banker and merchant at the same day, but if I had to choose - banker would be the first and most useful <3 With banker, you can park your character anywhere and turn this place into your personal hub. Merchants are plentiful in the world (they often simply walk on the road when you're on your way), but they are invaluable in instances, such as (public) dungeons and trials.

I haven't purchased any other assistants. I only deconstruct certain items and only on my main character, so by the time there are enough items suitable for deconstruction, I already have to go to city for many other reasons :)
    Options
  • Shara_Wynn
    Shara_Wynn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bank > Amory > Decon > Merchant

Being able to switch builds anywhere is great.
    Options
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Definitely the banker, far and away most valuable to me, when I need to share gear between characters or grab gold or food.

Merchants are helpful if you’re doing an activity like lots of dungeons one after another or something else where you don’t come across a merchant.

I haven’t purchased the decon assistant because if it’s worth me deconstructing and not selling, it’s worth deconning on my crafter with all the perks.

An armory assistant would be nice, but not necessary. I’m waiting for one that suits my fancy since the assistants are expensive.
    Options
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Danikat wrote: »
    A consideration for some people is the deconstruction assistant uses that characters crafting skills to determine the results. If you've maxed out crafting on all your characters it's not a problem, if you only craft on certain characters you'll waste some items and miss out on materials using it on the others.

I've only got the banker and I doubt I'll get any of the others. The bank is the only service where I'd regularly have to stop what I was doing to go and find one. For merchants and fences I was always able to wait until I was in town, I only craft on 1 character so I pass gear to deconstruct to them from my other characters (often via the bank), and I only change builds when I'm going into (or leaving) organised groups so I have time to do that.

Another consideration is that you need eso+ to make the deconstruction assistant alone worthwhile. Otherwise you get flooded with materials that end up being more than what you deconned, if you can decon anything at all. I don’t have eso+ right now so I have to put things in the bank, then use the decon assistant, then use the merchant, then put materials in the bank, repeat.
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
    Options
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven’t purchased the decon assistant because if it’s worth me deconstructing and not selling, it’s worth deconning on my crafter with all the perks.

Or, you could give every character the decon passives. ;)

It's totally worth it to me to not have to worry about the logisitics of moving stuff to a dedicated decon character.

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Options
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. decon
    2. bank
    3. merchant
    4. armory

reasoning: decon is the most useful for me followed by the banker (even with the banker being unable to access guild store)

the merchant would rank higher if i could use it to repair, but otherwise its not really useful outside occasionally selling the junk you cant decon

the armory is the least useful for me, because ive never actually used the armory system at all lol, so i personally have no use for it
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
    Options
  • Wildberryjack
    Wildberryjack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd take the banker over the others if I could only get one. I do have all three, however the banker is the one I use the most by a wide margin. When I'm out in the middle of nowhere I can retrieve anything I may run out of and dump in everything else to free up bag space, then either research or decon later. It's hella convenient.
    The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls. ~Pablo Picasso
    Options
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Armory assistants cannot be called to aid inside a trial, arena or any other timed content.
    The earnable fence assistant offers less profit than the normal fences out in the game.

@NoticeMeArkay

I am not in-game to check but are you saying that merchants can repair armor now? IIRC, they used to be unable to repair armor which would be a limitation. I have repair kits galore, so it's not something I would have been using anyhow.

Options
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amottica wrote: »

@NoticeMeArkay

I am not in-game to check but are you saying that merchants can repair armor now? IIRC, they used to be unable to repair armor which would be a limitation. I have repair kits galore, so it's not something I would have been using anyhow.

They still cannot repair. I'm assuming that they simply overlooked the repair functionality when they wrote that post (I personally haven't use a merchant to repair in literal years, because I have an abundance of repair kits, so I can understand how people can completely forget that aspect of merchants.)

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Options
  • meekmiko
    meekmiko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you have ESO+ and want mats to have or sell go with the Decon Assistant. She's the most useful in my opinion.

The second most useful to me is Merchant to sell off ornate gear, basic junk potions/poisons, or trashy treasures you don't want clogging your inventory.

Meanwhile the Banker is useful for pulling out gold in the middle of nowhere (like at a Guild Trader), retrieving gear in the middle of a dungeon/trial, or can be useful in throwing surveys in to take out on a crafting alt.
    (Although, if your ESO+ were to expire bank space gets cut in half and is then at a premium and can end up pretty useless and really annoying to manage.)

I'd say the least useful are the Armory Assistants, since you can just use the free Armory Station in any house. (Claimed free from the Crown Store.)
    ^ and sure you can do the same with crafting stations in a house, but who needs to change their gear setup constantly. (Yes, I know, some people definitely do)

However the Decon Assistant can literally be an all-in-one decon station even when put in a house. Win-Win 😁

TLDR:
    • DECON
    • MERCHANT
    • BANKER
    • ARMORY
    Edited by meekmiko on April 28, 2024 3:58AM
    🌟PC/NA CP2025+ [Been playing since 2016]
    vMA / vVH / vDSA / vBRP / vAA HM / vSO HM / vHRC HM / vMoL HM / vHoF HM / vAS+1 & +1 / vCR+2 / vSS / vKA/ vRG
    • 🌩️ ⚔️ EP - Jessamine Seed-Nightrun, Dro-m'Athra Destroyer / Bosmer StamSorc (DPS) -Main DPS-
    • ☀️ 🛡️ EP - Mihi'Mai-Ra, Plague of Peryite / Khajiit StamPlar (Tank) -Main Tank-
    • ☀️ ✨ EP - Lady Lapa'au, The Magnanimous / Khajiit MagPlar (Healer) -Main Healer-
    • 🌩️ ☄️ EP - Ra'venk, Style Master / Khajiit MagSorc (DPS)
    • 🗡️ ⚔️ EP - Bird gra-Shuzgub, Forge Breaker / Orc StamBlade (DPS)
    • 🗡️ ✨ EP - Blades-at-the-Ready, Witch / Argonian MagBlade (Healer)
    • ☀️ ⚔️ EP - Lady Fortuna the Blessed, Grand Champion / Imperial StamPlar (DPS)
    • 🔥 🛡️ EP - Plays-in Volcanoes, Mystic / Argonian StamDK (Tank)
    • 💀 ☄️ EP - Ko'shamari the Doomweaver, Dovahkriid / Khajiit MagNecro (DPS)
    • 🌱 ✨ EP - Sorvete, Countess / Khajiit StamDen (Healer)
    • 🔥 🏹 EP - Falora Veloth, The Merciless / Dunmer StamDK (DPS)
    • 🌩️ 🛡️ AD - Shimmers-with-Static, Spark of Vengeance / Argonian StamSorc (Tank)
    • ☀️ ⚔️ EP - Amarri-do the Magnificent, Clan Mother / Khajiit StamPlar (DPS)
    • 🌩️ ⚔️ EP - Z'majii-dar the Quick, Battlegrounds Butcher / Khajiit StamSorc (DPS)
    • 🔥 ⚔️ EP - Habasi the Glamorous, Seeker of Artifacts / Khajiit StamDK (DPS)
    • ❄️ 🛡️ EP - Elísabet Skull-Smasher, Thane of Falkreath / Nord StamDen (Tank)
    • 🗡️ 🛡️ EP - Yana-la the Iron Lotus, Silver Knight / Khajiit StamBlade (Tank)
    • 👁️ ☄️ EP - Mog gra-Ushug the Scholar, Master Historian / Orc MagCanist (DPS)
    • 👁️ 🔨 EP - Mamaea the Sledgehammer, Alpha Predator / Khajiit StamCanist (DPS)
    • 👁️ 🏹 AD - Elsyiir Lichenhollow, Lady / Bosmer StamCanist (DPS)
    • & I only dabble on the PC/EU server sometimes
    • 🗡️ ⚔️ AD - Jessamine Seed-Nightrun / Bosmer StamBlade (DPS)
    • 🌩️ ⚔️ EP - Sings-a-Song-of-Storms / Argonian StamSorc (DPS)
    • 🗡️ ☄️ DC - Helainie the Shadebringer / Breton MagBlade (DPS)
    • 🌩️ ☄️ EP - Steals-Many-Hearts / Argonian MagSorc (DPS)
    • 🗡️ ⚔️ AD - Pashet the Nimble / Khajiit StamBlade (DPS)
    • 🔥 🏹☄️ EP - Furoni the Ember / Dunmer HybridDK (DPS)
    • 👁️ ☄️ EP - Am-Kesh / Argonian MagCanist (DPS)
    • 🔥 ⚔️ AD - Eldrinthr the Flame-Heart / Bosmer StamDK (DPS)
    • 👁️ ☄️ AD - Bajaa the Blackened Beast / Khajiit MagNecro (DPS)
    • 💀 ⚔️ AD - Vashpurri-do the Corrupt / Khajiit StamNecro (DPS)
    Options
  • VisitHammerfell
    VisitHammerfell
    ✭✭✭
    Deconstruction > Banker > Armory > Merchant. There's a reason my alt only has Giladil, it's the best feature they ever added. Can easily deconstruct gear on the go or in one spot instead of running to 5 different stations. Banker super useful to pull gear, surveys, maps, food, etc from wherever you might be. Armorer you can switch to crafting build out in the wild, or you can swap in dungeons. Merchant is fine it's just my inventory is more like to have things to decon than sell.
    FOR THE COVENANT!
    PS NA 2200+ CP
    🦁 Colonel 1 (25)

PS EU 1300+ CP
    🦁 Tribune 2 (28)

PS NA Alt 500+ CP
    🦁 Captain 1 (19)

Bring back Crafty Lerisa (with same voice actress)
    Options
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »

NoticeMeArkay

They still cannot repair. I'm assuming that they simply overlooked the repair functionality when they wrote that post (I personally haven't use a merchant to repair in literal years, because I have an abundance of repair kits, so I can understand how people can completely forget that aspect of merchants.)

i actually repair at the merchant more than i use repair kits, i kind of hate using repair kits because they have to be applied to each armor individually

i just use an addon to auto repair all when i visit a merchant, which i visit frequently as i use another addon to auto mark items as junk and auto sell junk lol
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    Options
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only one I have is the banker and I was surprised how often I would actually use it. Besides having it placed in all my characters' houses I often use it to get gold out for purchases at guild traders.
    PCNA
    Options
  • NoticeMeArkay
    NoticeMeArkay
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@NoticeMeArkay

No I didn't mean to say that. I just forgot about it. - Btw it still sucks that it's not a function for the 5k crown assistants considering the price.
    Options
  • Nerouyn
    Nerouyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i actually repair at the merchant more than i use repair kits, i kind of hate using repair kits because they have to be applied to each armor individually

i just use an addon to auto repair all when i visit a merchant, which i visit frequently as i use another addon to auto mark items as junk and auto sell junk lol

FYI addons (eg. personal assistant) can be set to auto-repair armor pieces when they reach a damage % of your choosing.
    Options
  • Erickson9610
    Erickson9610
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My priority order is Armory > Merchant > Deconstruction > Banker.

I use the Armory a lot when switching between PvE and PvP. I use the Merchant when I'm grinding for XP or doing quests in the overworld, as I get a lot of trash drops. Then any leftover high quality armor pieces I deconstruct with the Deconstruction assistant. Finally, for anything left that might be able to stack in my bank, I use the Banker to store those items.

I'm surprised the Armory assistant has such low priorities for the other people in this thread. Because your quickslot wheels and CP stars are saved in your Armory builds, it saves me a lot of time when I'm trying to do Scrying/Excavation because I've got the Antiquarian's Eye on one build's quickly wheel but not on others — it would take a bit of time to manually swap it in.
    Edited by Erickson9610 on May 2, 2024 5:57AM
    PC/NA — Lone Werewolf, the Templar Khajiit Werewolf

Werewolf Should be Allowed to Sneak
    Options
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nerouyn wrote: »

FYI addons (eg. personal assistant) can be set to auto-repair armor pieces when they reach a damage % of your choosing.

i dont like repair kits lol

i save bag slots by not carrying them and just repair when i visit a merchant lol
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    Options
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My priority order is Armory > Merchant > Deconstruction > Banker.

I use the Armory a lot when switching between PvE and PvP. I use the Merchant when I'm grinding for XP or doing quests in the overworld, as I get a lot of trash drops. Then any leftover high quality armor pieces I deconstruct with the Deconstruction assistant. Finally, for anything left that might be able to stack in my bank, I use the Banker to store those items.

I'm surprised the Armory assistant has such low priorities for the other people in this thread. Because your quickslot wheels and CP stars are saved in your Armory builds, it saves me a lot of time when I'm trying to do Scrying/Excavation because I've got the Antiquarian's Eye on one build's quickly wheel but not on others — it would take a bit of time to manually swap it in.

armory is ranked low for me because ive never used the system at all, each character i have is built 1 specific way and thats how i like it lol
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    Options