Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "ESO on Consoles – Update"

ZOS_JessicaFolsom
ZOS_JessicaFolsom
Community Manager
This is the official discussion thread for the blog article ESO on Consoles – Update. Thank you for reading!
Jessica Folsom
Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
Staff Post
  • Eboe101
    Eboe101
    Soul Shriven
    A very cool offer and one that is unheard of, at least in my experience. I hope everything continues without a problem.
  • Kingslayer
    Kingslayer
    ✭✭✭
    Lol this basically giving you a six month time line to fix the pc version? :p. You never know the Eu might actually get a server by then.
  • mbarnett25
    Wow. This is how you turn disappointing news into something positive! An offer like this is unheard of in my gaming experience. You guys are really going the extra mile when it comes to Customer Service, and I, as a decade long Elder Scrolls fan, thank you. This might just be the deal that tips the scales for me buying a next-gen console this year!
    Caligz
  • YstradClud
    YstradClud
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wow. So it is official that consoles have been delayed. I'll pass this information over to the Xbox forums then. Glad I will be able to transfer my character over to my Xbox One when it does release though. No point in rushing it if it's not ready. No shame in postponing it either.
    Edited by YstradClud on May 8, 2014 2:18PM
  • kedz54
    kedz54
    ✭✭✭
    Even though I don't have nor plan on playing ESO on either of those consoles, it is refreshing to see the extra mile taken in making customers happy.
    Dunmer Sorcerer
  • kaydesi
    kaydesi
    Soul Shriven
    This is great news! I just have one question!

Will PC/Mac users who have been on since launch still be able to transfer? This is an issue I have been worried about since day one!

Thanks again!
  • pjt15253
    pjt15253
    ✭✭✭
    kaydesi wrote: »

Will PC/Mac users who have been on since launch still be able to transfer? This is an issue I have been worried about since day one!

Thanks again!
    Going to go ahead and guess "yes," as you did purchase before the end of June.
  • Tuerai
    Tuerai
    The deal where existing ESO players can get ESO on XBONE or PS4 for $20 is pretty legit.
    I was secretly hoping that Consoles could use the same megaserver, so we could play on console or PC as long as we logged in, but I understand that that's a lot to ask, and would probably be really hard to implement.
    And letting people migrate their characters is amazing.
    Overall, good info.
    "We were undone because of you. Every day, every day, in the dark, in the dawn, forever, r-r-rip, r-r-rip, r-r-rub, r-r-rub, right in our faces, because of you."
  • Arreyanne
    Arreyanne
    ✭✭✭✭
    Should have pushed back the PC release six months....... OH You did you're just charging us to beta test it for you
  • Iharyd
    Iharyd
    ✭✭
    Arreyanne wrote: »
    Should have pushed back the PC release six months....... OH You did you're just charging us to beta test it for you

Feels bit like this.
  • emofrog
    emofrog
    Tuerai wrote: »
    The deal where existing ESO players can get ESO on XBONE or PS4 for $20 is pretty legit.
    I was secretly hoping that Consoles could use the same megaserver, so we could play on console or PC as long as we logged in, but I understand that that's a lot to ask, and would probably be really hard to implement.
    And letting people migrate their characters is amazing.
    Overall, good info.

So if it $20 does that mean it only going to be an offer for the US? Or will the UK get and equally good offer. As I would love to take my character over to the Xbox one.

• Psi
    Psi
    Yeah I gotta say this is a great deal/great move when you have a problem that causes a delay but a pretty solid solution that will allow console players to not have to "start at the beginning" at launch and also it barely costs anything to get the console version and transfer your account - $20 is good stuff.

Good job guys.

Am loving the game so far too. Keep up the good work.
  • silverstorm2256b14_ESO
    silverstorm2256b14_ESO
    Soul Shriven

Thanks again!

here is some info from article: Via a special offer, anyone who purchases and plays the PC/Mac version of The Elder Scrolls Online by the end of June will have the opportunity to transfer their character(s) to either console version when they are released. The offer will allow you to begin playing immediately on the PC/Mac, and then add the PS4 or Xbox One version and transfer the character(s) you have created and developed. And, you don’t have to pay full price for the game twice. For $20, eligible PC and Mac players will have the option to add a full, digital version of ESO on either the PS4 or the Xbox One with your character transfer(s), and another 30 days of included game time.
  • BoloBoffin
    BoloBoffin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks again!

From the release:

For $20, eligible PC and Mac players will have the option to add a full, digital version of ESO on either the PS4 or the Xbox One with your character transfer(s), and another 30 days of included game time.

So it's like an add-on, basically. Pay twenty dollars and you get ESO and your already leveled characters on the console of your choice, and you get 30 more days on your subscription. That's a fantastic deal for XBox One and PS4 owners.
    I ride in a zerg ball of one.
  • tracy.burmeisterb14_ESO
    Does that mean that the PC imperial edition stuff will transfer over to the console?!? I love you guys :D
  • Ker.Rakb16_ESO
    Ker.Rakb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you thank you thank you so much for this wonderful offer Zenimax! You're the best developer in the world!
  • wyrm_2004_ESO
    wyrm_2004_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I want to know is if this character transfer is either a one time thing meaning once I transfer any or all of my PC characters to either console (PS4 for me), will that wipe them from my PC account or will I still be able to play with them where I left off on PC as well as console? Of course 2 seperate game servers since the megaservers arent cross platform compatible... unless I missed a memo with the game being cross platform joined servers.
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOL

- PC Master Race
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
  • 7788b14_ESO
    7788b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Nice.
  • rushroyale
    Question:
    "I purchased(pre-ordered) the Imperial Edition for the PlayStation 4/XboxOne, If I purchase the Standard PC version how will that effect this transfer process and will I be able to do it with a physical game disc?"
  • NordJitsu
    NordJitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Arreyanne wrote: »

Just imagine that its like an involuntary Kickstarter campaign. But I guess that doesn't help. :/

Anyway, I personally love the game, bugs and all, and I'm mostly happy to support it. I know you guys (ZOS) are working hard to respond to feedback and I'm willing to be patient and hopeful for a while longer.

That said, please do continue to read our feedback and try to respond to the best of your ability with appropriate and fast (but not knee-jerk) reactions.

The delay of the console release is a tad bit concerning. I hope that things are still going well 6 months from now and that this isn't a precursor to a cancellation of the console version.

The best case scenario would be that all the major issues are fixed by then and than the console release is a large critical success than the PC release has been. If its a commercial success as well, I hope some of that revenue will be poured back into improving and adding to the PC version. :D
    @NordJitsu - Guild Master (Main Character = Hlaalu Idas)
    GREAT HOUSE HLAALU
  • human151
    human151
    ✭✭✭
    I was/am looking forward to playing this on my xbone, as well as currently playing it on my PC. Although this is somewhat disappointing to have to wait additional time, I know that sometimes things do not work out the way we would have wished.

You have to take the time to make the product into the best that you can. Good Luck.

I will continue to enjoy this masterpiece on my PC. Thanks.
    Edited by human151 on May 12, 2014 2:41PM
  • silverstorm2256b14_ESO
    silverstorm2256b14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Does that mean that the PC imperial edition stuff will transfer over to the console?!? I love you guys :D

From what i gather for $20 any and all get fully transferred to a console of ones choosing. nothing was stated about needing to start over from scratch
  • hanley79b16_ESO
    Will PC/Mac users who have been on since launch still be able to transfer?
    I have pre-ordered the Imperial Edition for the XboxOne pls let us know soon as you can as this should be up for everyone
  • DethiasX
    DethiasX
    Will we get the imperial edition items on the console version if we purchased it for pc/mac? or at least the chance to upgrade?
  • Evergreen
    Evergreen
    ✭✭✭
    Being able to transfer your character to the console version for only $20 and another 30days of game time is just amazing. Thank you Zenimax and I'm glad to read you guys are taking some more time for a polished console release.
  • Seikon
    Seikon
    ✭✭✭
    I am also curious if using the transfer to xbox will cancel my current pc subscription. I'd enjoy having the game on both (though I know about the separate servers), I just didn't want to pay full price for the console version, so I was going to stick with just the PC.
  • silverstorm2256b14_ESO
    silverstorm2256b14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Will PC/Mac users who have been on since launch still be able to transfer?
    I have pre-ordered the Imperial Edition for the XboxOne pls let us know soon as you can as this should be up for everyone
    Via a special offer, anyone who purchases and plays the PC/Mac version of The Elder Scrolls Online by the end of June will have the opportunity to transfer their character(s) to either console version when they are released. The offer will allow you to begin playing immediately on the PC/Mac, and then add the PS4 or Xbox One version and transfer the character(s) you have created and developed. And, you don’t have to pay full price for the game twice. For $20, eligible PC and Mac players will have the option to add a full, digital version of ESO on either the PS4 or the Xbox One with your character transfer(s), and another 30 days of included game time.
  • silverstorm2256b14_ESO
    silverstorm2256b14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    DethiasX wrote: »
    Will we get the imperial edition items on the console version if we purchased it for pc/mac? or at least the chance to upgrade?

sounds like everything will be transferred over as long as one is a eligible PC/Mac user. meaning as long as you have created acct/ played before the end of June. Should be good to go
  • ZeroInspiration
    ZeroInspiration
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone knows if the same account can be used in both platforms without paying an extra subscription? Or will I have to pay 2 subscriptions? Because this is actually a great opportunity for me since most of my friends will be getting the game on PS4 and I wish to play with them.