Columbine prices are getting out of hand.

• Wolfkeks
    Wolfkeks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    spartaxoxo wrote: »
    One trick with surveys is to run back and forth until you see the plant you want.

That...is possible? Oh wow that is super helpful ^^
    "Sheggorath, you are the Skooma Cat, for what is crazier than a cat on skooma?" - Fadomai
    EU PC 2000+ CP professional mudballer and pie thrower
    Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, vAA hm, vHelRa hm, vSO hm, vMoL hm, vHoF hm, vAS+2, vCR+3, vSS hm, vKA, vRG, Flawless Conquerer, Spirit Slayer
  • sarahthes
    sarahthes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    irswat wrote: »
    People aren't buying columbine for tripots. The demand and price surge is primarily driven by emd game raiders making ult gen potions. End gamers have gold to throw around and so it is an example of a lot of gold chasing too few goods thus the price goes up

Most of us don't use ulti pots at the beginnings of cores, or in casual runs. We run tripots until we start clearing with vit, then switch to ulti pots.
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I see Cyrodiill Columbine on the field of battle, this one risks life and limb to fill potion orders. Sometimes at the cost of my fellow soldiers.
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The obvious solution is an Alliance War Tri-Pot purchasable for AP.
  • Nova Sky
    Nova Sky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ESO's in-game economy has been gutted more than once over the years by ZOS trying to please players who simply don't want to take the time to gather the raw materials needed for their finished goods.
    "Wheresoever you go, go with all of your heart."
  • XSTRONG
    XSTRONG
    ✭✭✭✭✭

May I ask why you think Tri pots should be purchasable with a pvp currency? Because pvp players dont want to do anything else in this game but running around in Cyrodiil?

Im pretty sure there are alot more pve players using tri pots and I dont hear them saying Zos need to sell tri pots for a pve currency.

• SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One trick with surveys is to run back and forth until you see the plant you want.

I never thought of that. What a clever trick!

Too bad it wouldn't work with Enchanting surveys as well, since you can't see what each runestone contains until you interact with it, which automatically "completes" the survey as soon as you touch the first runestone.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • TechMaybeHic
    TechMaybeHic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    XSTRONG wrote: »

May I ask why you think Tri pots should be purchasable with a pvp currency? Because pvp players dont want to do anything else in this game but running around in Cyrodiil?

Im pretty sure there are alot more pve players using tri pots and I dont hear them saying Zos need to sell tri pots for a pve currency.

Well you do it via pve. Can you imagine if tripots or any consumable PvErs use hundreds of a day, were made by ingredients required to do the kill 20 player quests, and only the generic 20 player so uou have tolog in with multiple alts to do more than one for just a chance to get a survey?

PvErs don't like it when the event just happens to be PvP let alone need to farm it regularly for mass consumption

Really; I think it would be cool if after you capture a farm, you get alchemy and reagents, and maybe a chance for a map maybe limited on a time basis. Maybe the same taking a lumber mill but wood. Mines, but ore. Maybe outposts towers for enchanting. Towns, a random combination of all?

• wolfie1.0.
    wolfie1.0.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    the problem is not that there is a shortage of columbine, nor is the problem that players are setting the prices high for it, Nor is it a problem that players are buying it at the indicated prices.

They problem lies in WHY columbine is so expensive. Simply put, Alchemy is broken in that everyone uses the exact same combination of pots, and there is no point in using the other ones, as they are not viable.

that little gripe aside, just consider that the fastest way to grind out alchemy mats in the game is a PVP activity. that should be enough to offset the cost.

Alternatively, if you really want to lower the price of columbine, put a hard cap on the craft bag, or remove the craft bag. which will force people to sell the excess they have (not a popular option, and i dont like it either but it would work).
  • Zodiarkslayer
    Zodiarkslayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Supply would be easily greater than demand, if all those Columbine flowers hit the market instead of disappearing in the craft bag forever.
    read, think and write.In that order.
  • Wolf_Eye
    Wolf_Eye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wolfie1.0. wrote: »
    the problem is not that there is a shortage of columbine, nor is the problem that players are setting the prices high for it, Nor is it a problem that players are buying it at the indicated prices.

They problem lies in WHY columbine is so expensive. Simply put, Alchemy is broken in that everyone uses the exact same combination of pots, and there is no point in using the other ones, as they are not viable.

that little gripe aside, just consider that the fastest way to grind out alchemy mats in the game is a PVP activity. that should be enough to offset the cost.

Alternatively, if you really want to lower the price of columbine, put a hard cap on the craft bag, or remove the craft bag. which will force people to sell the excess they have (not a popular option, and i dont like it either but it would work).

That probably won't happen, as the craft bag is the bread and butter of ZOS' paid subscription model and one of the top reasons why players get the sub. They would never get rid of it.
  • Four_Fingers
    Four_Fingers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So now it is suggested that we mess up crafting, the craft bag and the economy all because of perma blocking PvP tanks?
    If anything the PvP tank meta needs to go.
    Fairness dictates that if anything pots be available for gold so both PvP and PvE players benefit.
    Edited by Four_Fingers on October 8, 2023 1:03PM
  • freespirit
    freespirit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Whilst I'm sure tri stat pots are part of the reason for the price of columbine, why are the other two ingredients(bugloss and mountain flower) still relatively cheap?

I think a bigger issue that was maybe the original driving force behind columbines rapid price rise is that each set of four heroism pots uses TWO columbine and talking to my friends who belong to prog groups, they are very much a required part of their kit.
    When people say to me........
    "You're going to regret that in the morning"
    I sleep until midday cos I'm a problem solver!
  • KlauthWarthog
    KlauthWarthog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hoarding tendencies, which hoarding tendencies?
    nfje4jmkxs82.png
  • Juju_beans
    Juju_beans
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well you can either farm the flowers or farm the money to buy the flowers.
    Either way...you have to farm.
  • XSTRONG
    XSTRONG
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    freespirit wrote: »
    Whilst I'm sure tri stat pots are part of the reason for the price of columbine, why are the other two ingredients(bugloss and mountain flower) still relatively cheap?

I think a bigger issue that was maybe the original driving force behind columbines rapid price rise is that each set of four heroism pots uses TWO columbine and talking to my friends who belong to prog groups, they are very much a required part of their kit.

Columbine is also used to craft sugar skull gold food
  • emilyhyoyeon
    emilyhyoyeon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    XSTRONG wrote: »
    freespirit wrote: »

Columbine is also used to craft sugar skull gold food

Also for immovable stealth detect potions

--

I pretty much walk everywhere and pick up mats. The potions I make with columbine are columbine + wormwood + corn flower and I always have SUBSTANTIALLY more than the other two plants in my bag. I took mine out of the bag for an easier visual, this is how many of each I have now

nzv63810fxfm.png

I do farm. I walk most of the time or dismount to pick stuff up. I find noticeably fewer columbine. The last columbine I picked up was 4 days ago. I've found many wormwood and cornflower since then. :|

I am going to try that reroll alchemy survey spawn trick though, I never knew about that

Edited by emilyhyoyeon on October 8, 2023 6:08PM
    IGN @ emilypumpkin
    Zirasia Firemaker, imperial fire mage & sunbather
    Deebaba Soul-Weaver, argonian ghostminder & soul gem collector
    Tullanisse Starborne, altmer battlemage & ayleid researcher

BLACK HAIR FOR ALTMER PLEASE (hair color cosmetic pack)
  • sarahthes
    sarahthes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So now it is suggested that we mess up crafting, the craft bag and the economy all because of perma blocking PvP tanks?
    Fairness dictates that if anything pots be available for gold so both PvP and PvE players benefit.

It's not a pvp thing.

PvE tanks use it for either tripots or ulti pots. PvE DDs use tripots too if they're not in content worth using ulti pots. And then if they use ulti pots... they use columbine.

The main issue is that if you're following the meta in either pvp or pve... you're using tripots or ulti pots or those detect pots mentioned above... everything everyone is using, uses columbine!
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ironically, when I went to the Telvanni Peninsula and Glenumbra last night for the event and the "plant creatures" endeavor, I was finding Columbine left and right. I thought about this thread as I harvested the nodes, especially since there were other players around in the Telvanni Peninsula who seemed to be ignoring the Columbine. o_O (Thank you all for that, by the way!)
  • Four_Fingers
    Four_Fingers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sarahthes wrote: »

It's not a pvp thing.

PvE tanks use it for either tripots or ulti pots. PvE DDs use tripots too if they're not in content worth using ulti pots. And then if they use ulti pots... they use columbine.

The main issue is that if you're following the meta in either pvp or pve... you're using tripots or ulti pots or those detect pots mentioned above... everything everyone is using, uses columbine!

I realize that, that is why I said the pots should sell for gold to be fair to those that would rather not be forced to PvP.
  • WinterHeart626
    WinterHeart626
    ✭✭✭✭
    Supply would be easily greater than demand, if all those Columbine flowers hit the market instead of disappearing in the craft bag forever.

Depends on the situation, there are those who hoard, there are those who sell, and those who craft and supply their teams with what they’ve farmed.

What DOES disappear into my craft bag are crafting motifs. I have way too many.
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Depends on the situation, there are those who hoard, there are those who sell, and those who craft and supply their teams with what they’ve farmed.

I.... didn't know motifs went into the craft bag?

"But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending." Mercedes Lackey, Into the West

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- four accounts, many alts....
  • WinterHeart626
    WinterHeart626
    ✭✭✭✭
    TaSheen wrote: »

Whatever they call the material that creates the styles. I call them motifs (which is most certainly the incorrect name I think 🤣 )
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Whatever they call the material that creates the styles. I call them motifs (which is most certainly the incorrect name I think 🤣 )

Style Material. The motifs are the books that teach you the outfits.
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Style Material. The motifs are the books that teach you the outfits.

Ah. Got it.

"But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending." Mercedes Lackey, Into the West

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- four accounts, many alts....
  • WinterHeart626
    WinterHeart626
    ✭✭✭✭
    That’s the stuff, it accumulates faster than anything 🤣 still amazed by columbine prices though, had a person offer me 250 gold per one, which I declined (I kinda need them for crafting sugar candy skulls to gift the tanks).
    Did sell a bunch of the high isle style things though. No idea why people wanna buy up style materials.
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I sold someone 1 stack each of Kuta, Bugloss, Columbine, Cornflower, Lady's Smock, Mountain Flower, and Water Hyacinth the other night, along with 10 stacks of Lorkhan's Tears. I honestly don't even know if I got top dollar for everything or got taken to the cleaners, because I never pay attention to what anything costs unless I actually need to buy something. But my bank balance was more or less doubled on that server!
  • KlauthWarthog
    KlauthWarthog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No idea why people wanna buy up style materials.

Because some of them are used to craft furnishings.
  • WinterHeart626
    WinterHeart626
    ✭✭✭✭
    No idea why people wanna buy up style materials.

Because some of them are used to craft furnishings.

Makes sense, might actually put more effort into running about grabbing things in high isle then. I only dabble in housing, so, furnishings are not priority for me. Enough to make my craft area and stuff look nice, not enough to make people squishy for housies.

I’ll have to keep an eye out for the player, I got a load of style materials to dump 🤣 can always use more gold to hoard.
  • Xandreia_
    Xandreia_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wish they would let us buy alchemy bags with ap 🤷‍♀️ I need tripots for trials and pvp, I work full time so I can't spend hours farming it, so I buy. My gold has nearly all gone to mats lol