Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Columbine prices are getting out of hand.

• Four_Fingers
    Four_Fingers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you have to drink that many tri pots in PvP you need to look at your build.

Lol what kinda nonsense is that?

Builds in PvP should be drinking pots on cooldown for the recoveries. The only exception to that rule is if you're using immovable pots.

I use Immovable/heroism pots as needed.
    My build and group mates give me all the recovery I need.
    In PvP you don't need recovery all the time either as most of the time you are waiting or traveling between fights.
    Using tri-pots all the time on cool down is a PvE thing.
  • edward_frigidhands
    edward_frigidhands
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can literally go to a Necrom zone right now and farm this without issue. If you wait till later hours you will have no competition.
  • Sheezabeast
    Sheezabeast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope you're maximizing your potions by using the green CP that gives you a chance to not consume a potion. And the alchemy craft skill passive that lets them last longer.
    Grand Master Crafter, Beta baby who grew with the game. PC/NA. @Sheezabeast if you have crafting needs!
  • acastanza_ESO
    acastanza_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Columbine is hitting 5k/ea on PC NA, it's insane. ZOS needs to make adjustments.
  • Galeriano
    Galeriano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EF321 wrote: »
    Galeriano wrote: »
    not even mentioning that gathering them wasn't the most pleasing experience for someone who isn't interrested in this type of gameplay. This method doesn't work well if prices are getting continously higher.

Funny answers won't change the fact that this particular flower price increase got out of hand.

Don't want to pick up flowers, but want a lot of them. Why are the prices going up? Those who spent time on that kind of gameplay get to set the price.

We are selling at whatever highest prices y'all buying them fast. Consume more, we will charge more. Spend time to get your own, we will charge less.

One thing is prices natually going up and the other is supply not catching up to demand causing massive increase of prices. Having a basic important materials too expensive is basically removing the option for newer players to catch up.

You will also charge less if dev would make similar move as they did when corn flower prices started to skyrocket.
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I feel like this thread is becoming a who's who of "say you don't play tank without saying you don't play tank."

Seriously, it's like
    OP: Columbine is expensive. We should have alliance tripots
    Others: You're a lazy bum! I don't use them so therefore nobody does!

I'm very happy for everyone who has the RNG to get good columbine drops overland. I harvest almost everything I see and still Columbine is the node I see the least, even rarer in my game than Giant Clams. I'm also very happy that DPS mains have thousands of daily reward tripots available to throw away. I wish they were sellable, because I know every tank main would love those. I'd also love to have something to spend my AP on like potions that are useful to my build.

But please, if you don't play tank main, don't come in here saying how you have too many or Columbine in great numbers is not necessary for certain playstyles. Tanks, especially trial tanks in several progs, can go through 200+ Columbine in a few days without trying. And yes, that's with the green CP node to give a chance of not using a potion.
  • acastanza_ESO
    acastanza_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I feel like this thread is becoming a who's who of "say you don't play tank without saying you don't play tank."

Seriously, it's like
    OP: Columbine is expensive. We should have alliance tripots
    Others: You're a lazy bum! I don't use them so therefore nobody does!

I'm very happy for everyone who has the RNG to get good columbine drops overland. I harvest almost everything I see and still Columbine is the node I see the least, even rarer in my game than Giant Clams. I'm also very happy that DPS mains have thousands of daily reward tripots available to throw away. I wish they were sellable, because I know every tank main would love those. I'd also love to have something to spend my AP on like potions that are useful to my build.

But please, if you don't play tank main, don't come in here saying how you have too many or Columbine in great numbers is not necessary for certain playstyles. Tanks, especially trial tanks in several progs, can go through 200+ Columbine in a few days without trying. And yes, that's with the green CP node to give a chance of not using a potion.

Heck I don't even tank, but I am a PVP main. If they gave us a month of daily rewards with nothing except tripots every day, I'd be thrilled!
  • Auldwulfe
    Auldwulfe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've noticed that since Sugar Skulls became very popular, it is a bit harder to find columbine -- people do pick it up more, at least in my experience......

I'd appreciate, since it is used in so many potions, as well as foods, that they would make it a bit more available -- maybe find it in sacks and barrels, like seaweed, or other plant food items.

Auldwulfe
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Galeriano wrote: »
    It is right there on the ground, just pick it up

77oe01qohj00.png

Thanks for advice, that will be like 1/3 of ingredients required to make 4 potions. So You need just 49 more of these and 100 other flowers to create one stack of potions that You will consume way faster than it took to gather them not even mentioning that gathering them wasn't the most pleasing experience for someone who isn't interrested in this type of gameplay. This method doesn't work well if prices are getting continously higher. For this method to work ZoS would have to manually increase drop rates and amount fo spots where columbine spawns.

Funny answers won't change the fact that this particular flower price increase got out of hand.

That method works best when prices go higher. You weigh the difference in time earning gold and the time picking flowers then decide purchase or farm.
    As we have seen in this thread there are players that have an overabundance of Columbine. If prices continue to increase they may become more willing to sell. That increase in supply would then work to once again lower prices.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • Caligamy_ESO
    Caligamy_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    People still craft tri-pots? Gotta say even since beta I have never had to run to a guild store to craft *anything* in this game, and I am drowning in Crown tri-pots over here. At last count just one of my heavily played characters had 979 of them..

My only related complaint is that crown pots only stack up to 200 and eat up precious inventory space.
    Edited by Caligamy_ESO on October 4, 2023 8:10PM
    love is love
  • Udrath
    Udrath
    ✭✭✭✭
    I agree they are out of hand. Just make a ganker and steal tel var from other people who grind there. 😂
  • DrNukenstein
    DrNukenstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love tristats and think the inflation is out of control, but there is an argument for keeping them less accessible. Even making them a burden for established players to spam.

Tri-stat pots are dope. They let you push your damage harder while keeping your pools full. Using these is like adding 500+ sustain to your build for both pools with no cost to your damage. That's amazing. No wonder these are so core to PVP where both pools are used, and sustain matters. They should not be so prohibitively expensive since they are so endemic to the meta. You will run out of gas first if you don't use them, or you will do way less damage.

But... Tank meta. These things stretch your pools out so much. You can have like 16k in both pools with 50k health and have a hard time running dry if you use these potions with the right armor setup... while still doing crazy damage. Is it possible that giving these things out for free every month and having them not cost less than 1 million per stack is part of the problem?

• Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People still craft tri-pots? Gotta say even since beta I have never had to run to a guild store to craft *anything* in this game, and I am drowning in Crown tri-pots over here. At last count just one of my heavily played characters had 979 of them..

My only related complaint is that crown pots only stack up to 200 and eat up precious inventory space.

i pretty much dont craft pots ever (i usually sell off all of the alchemy mats i get lol)

i also have a huge stash of crown tripots

at least 3000 in my bank then usually 1-2 stacks on every character
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014

i have my main house (grand topal hideaway) listed in the housing tours, it has multiple target dummies, scribing altar, and grandmaster stations (in progress being filled out), as well as almost every antiquity furnishing on display to preview them

feel free to stop by and use the facilities
  • TechMaybeHic
    TechMaybeHic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tripots are available in the crown store. I wonder if people actually are buying them to where ZOS lacks incentive to make their resources more available
  • XSTRONG
    XSTRONG
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where do you think flower sellers get the flowers from? Its from farming Telwar, you can even just kill mobs and skip bosses but still be able to get alot of flowers, the alchemy satchels are dirt cheap.

Soon players will be able to buy alchemy containers with the new EA currency so prices might go down idk.

But I dont think players should be able to buy tri potions for AP. Either you farm and craft yourself or you buy for gold like most things in game.

If they do more craftable stuff like tri pots buyable with an abused currency like AP they might as well start sell pvp stuff for writ vouchers in my opinion.
  • CameraBeardThePirate
    CameraBeardThePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

979 would last maybe a couple weeks of PvPing
  • Wolf_Eye
    Wolf_Eye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Braffin wrote: »
    I see no harm to anyone by adding tripots to the vendors. Let people have fun by playing the parts of the game they're interested in.

I also don't see any harm in it. Isn't it the same type of potion that's given for free from the daily rewards? Just a crafted version of it?

I have so many of those pots I had to delete stacks of them. But I also don't PVP. I think it's fine if PVPers need more of these to also allow NPCs to sell them. Or even allow people to trade the free tri pots they get from the dailies.
  • Braffin
    Braffin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Wolf_Eye wrote: »
    Braffin wrote: »
    I see no harm to anyone by adding tripots to the vendors. Let people have fun by playing the parts of the game they're interested in.

I also don't see any harm in it. Isn't it the same type of potion that's given for free from the daily rewards? Just a crafted version of it?

I have so many of those pots I had to delete stacks of them. But I also don't PVP. I think it's fine if PVPers need more of these to also allow NPCs to sell them. Or even allow people to trade the free tri pots they get from the dailies.

Exactly, it's the very same potion which is also given for free regularily.

Tanks and PvPers need an enourmous amount of them to play their aspects of the game efficiently tho. So an option to buy those potions with a currency related to their part of the game seems reasonable.
    Never get between a cat and it's candy!
    ---
    Overland difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including One Tamriel, an overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver & Gold as a "you think you do but you don't" - tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game. I'm bored of dungeons, I'm bored of trials; make a personal difficulty slider for overland. It's not that hard.
  • ApoAlaia
    ApoAlaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    IMO suggesting that people go farm 'in the wild' is not the best advice.

The vast majority of my columbine comes from daily writs, either as rewards or from surveys.

Currently sitting on 30k of them because I don't sell flowers or pots.

I craft heroism and resist pots for myself but in that case rheum/chitin are the limiting factors (rheum is hard to come by and chitin, if you do writs, you are always walking the thin line between breaking even and deficit so generally I have to farm it).

If you don't want to engage with daily writs or farming though... well, I don't want to engage with PvP, or PvPvE or ToT either, but I have to because the stuff I'm after either cannot be purchased from vendors/traders because is soulbound or reaches astronomical prices that reflect the time and effort required to acquire them.

If 'I don't want to participate on x' is the basis for an 'intervention' I would like it applied across the board.

• Haenk
    Haenk
    ✭✭✭✭
    ApoAlaia wrote: »

But having 30k of them? What is that good for?
    Yes, this is an honest question.
  • Shagreth
    Shagreth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meanwhile Heartwood..
  • ApoAlaia
    ApoAlaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Haenk wrote: »
    ApoAlaia wrote: »

But having 30k of them? What is that good for?
    Yes, this is an honest question.

Nothing specifically, other than being self-sufficient when it comes to consumables (and other needful things too, this is the payoff for engaging with daily writs).

Is just not among the stuff that I generally sell so it builds up.

Even if I were to sell it for let's say 400k/stack is only worth like 55M after tax, and selling 150 stacks would take a while.

When the (tradeable) stuff I'd like to acquire - because ZOS definitely loves their soulbound stuff, gotta keep us tied to grind and doing the stuff we really don't want to do after all - so I can get off the particular hamster wheel(s) that have an infinitesimal chance to drop them have asking prices between 300M and 900M this is just a drop in the ocean.

Not that I would ever pay in excess of 300M for a single item anyway, so I'm ****** either way.
  • wazzz56
    wazzz56
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    for those asking to be able to buy tripots with AP , you kinda already can...take AP buy spell power pots/ gear that sells etc....sell said stuff for gold..use gold to buy your mats or potions themselves......
    GM Tig Ole Critties ps5 NA small scale PvP guild

"After a hard week of farming, or a long night of being nagged by your wife, there is nothing better than going out for a bit of a fish."
  • Galeriano
    Galeriano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wazzz56 wrote: »
    for those asking to be able to buy tripots with AP , you kinda already can...take AP buy spell power pots/ gear that sells etc....sell said stuff for gold..use gold to buy your mats or potions themselves......

Due to current prices of columbine that method is very inefficient especially for newer players.
    Edited by Galeriano on October 5, 2023 4:40PM
  • Ravensilver
    Ravensilver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jierdanit wrote: »
    How much columbine exactly do you expect people to have?

I use up about 200 columbine in potions every week.
    You really expect people to have enough of that sitting around to never have to buy it again? lol

Actually... I currently have 3313 Columbines in my bag, despite the fact that I do my daily crafting writs, do enchantments writs and make lots of potions...

How? I basically run through the countryside collecting everything that comes my way. Sometimes I wonder why I even bother with mounts, I almost never use them. And especially during events like right now, when you get double ressources, I'm down on the ground, gathering like crazy.

• Dr_Con
    Dr_Con
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Jierdanit wrote: »
    just have a bunch of columbine and you'll never have to buy it. problem solved.

How much columbine exactly do you expect people to have?

I use up about 200 columbine in potions every week.
    You really expect people to have enough of that sitting around to never have to buy it again? lol

I tell you, ground is littered with these!
    z80s8zev8le0.png

but i need to sell them so i can make coin but now i don't have any because i sold them all and i want to complain about the price
  • Wolf_Eye
    Wolf_Eye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dekrypted wrote: »

77oe01qohj00.png

A funny answer. I just wish there was other means of getting the ingredient that differ from the existing. Maybe something with AP would be nice

I'm not 100% sure it's a new source, but I was told that the new endless dungeon will have some kind of reward system you can buy with a new currency. Maybe alchemy ingredients are on that list?
  • CameraBeardThePirate
    CameraBeardThePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wolf_Eye wrote: »
    Dekrypted wrote: »

77oe01qohj00.png

A funny answer. I just wish there was other means of getting the ingredient that differ from the existing. Maybe something with AP would be nice

I'm not 100% sure it's a new source, but I was told that the new endless dungeon will have some kind of reward system you can buy with a new currency. Maybe alchemy ingredients are on that list?

It's likely the same Waxed Alchemy Parcels that you can get from the IC vendor. Which, I may add, is probably the best way for PvPers to get Columbine, but it's still a dice roll that can screw you over.
    Edited by CameraBeardThePirate on October 5, 2023 7:12PM
  • Thor
    Thor
    ✭✭✭
    Price is obviously not high enough for somebody to pick stuff up and sell it, so it has to go up.
  • sarahthes
    sarahthes
    ✭✭✭✭✭

979 tripots would last me just over a week. Maybe 2 weeks if I had to cancel some raid days.