Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Columbine prices are getting out of hand.

• DreamyLu
    DreamyLu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To come back to OP's statement: I enjoy that Columbine price is high, as I sell myself quite a lot.

However, on the other hand, that's really something I don't understand, because it's so easy to farm them in explorable... :D
    I'm out of my mind, feel free to leave a message... PC/NA
  • gamerguy757
    gamerguy757
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s simple.
    We need a Gardening skill line
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It’s simple.

what would that do?
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • Treeshka
    Treeshka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LunaFlora wrote: »
    It’s simple.

what would that do?

Allowing players to grow their own flowers or mushrooms in houses, so they do not need to buy them from others or have to go out to farm them. I would like to have this sort of feature as long as the yield is bound to account.
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Treeshka wrote: »
    It’s simple.

what would that do?

Allowing players to grow their own flowers or mushrooms in houses, so they do not need to buy them from others or have to go out to farm them. I would like to have this sort of feature as long as the yield is bound to account.

i would Love farming in my houses.
    i imagine it would just be furnishings we could buy instead of a skill line though
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • Jierdanit
    Jierdanit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jierdanit wrote: »
    How much columbine exactly do you expect people to have?

I use up about 200 columbine in potions every week.
    You really expect people to have enough of that sitting around to never have to buy it again? lol

Actually... I currently have 3313 Columbines in my bag, despite the fact that I do my daily crafting writs, do enchantments writs and make lots of potions...

How? I basically run through the countryside collecting everything that comes my way. Sometimes I wonder why I even bother with mounts, I almost never use them. And especially during events like right now, when you get double ressources, I'm down on the ground, gathering like crazy.

Well i spend basically all my time in game either in PvP or in Dungeons, etc. farming stuff for PvP.

Dungeons and BGs dont have any ressources in them to farm and in Cyro you rarely find them either at least on the usual routes. If i see a columbine in Cyrodiil i will usually pick it up, but thats maybe 1 or 2 a week.

So if you do overland content regularly and can just pick up the stuff that is laying around, thats nice for you. It simply isnt and option for me unless i drastically change the way i play the game.
    I also do daily writs on several characters everyday, that just doesnt in any way keep up with the demand.
    PC/EU, StamSorc Main
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Problem is imperial city needs improvements so people visit it and get alchemy pouches
  • EF321
    EF321
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well i spend basically all my time in game either in PvP or in Dungeons, etc. farming stuff for PvP.

Dungeons and BGs dont have any ressources in them to farm and in Cyro you rarely find them either at least on the usual routes. If i see a columbine in Cyrodiil i will usually pick it up, but thats maybe 1 or 2 a week.

So if you do overland content regularly and can just pick up the stuff that is laying around, thats nice for you. It simply isnt and option for me unless i drastically change the way i play the game.
    I also do daily writs on several characters everyday, that just doesnt in any way keep up with the demand.

But what players can't get by farming flowers and grinding writs? Dawn prisms, gladiator outfits, deadly daggers, militant ordinator motifs.

Add a drop chance for these to harvesting? NPC vendor that takes raw materials as currency in exchange for PvP gear coffers?

Or you can sell what you can source from your content to people who can't be bothered to do it, and buy what you don't want to farm yourself. Items you can provide are expensive as well, and some of them are desirable in content other than it's source.
  • XSTRONG
    XSTRONG
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AstroST wrote: »
    If you don't put effort in by farming well, you pay.

OP didn't ask to have them free, OP asked to add tri stat potions to the one you can buy with AP like Spell/Weapon power potions.

May I ask why potions only should be buyable with AP a pvp currency? There are probably way more pve players that use tri pots then pvp players and therefore not very fair that with pvp currency you can buy both potions and alchemy satchels.

But a pve player still need to farm nodes or buy with gold?

With the new EA currency it will be a way to buy alchemy containers in pve area, if they add tri stat for AP they should also add all potions for EA currency for pve players.
  • Braffin
    Braffin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    XSTRONG wrote: »
    AstroST wrote: »
    If you don't put effort in by farming well, you pay.

OP didn't ask to have them free, OP asked to add tri stat potions to the one you can buy with AP like Spell/Weapon power potions.

May I ask why potions only should be buyable with AP a pvp currency? There are probably way more pve players that use tri pots then pvp players and therefore not very fair that with pvp currency you can buy both potions and alchemy satchels.

But a pve player still need to farm nodes or buy with gold?

With the new EA currency it will be a way to buy alchemy containers in pve area, if they add tri stat for AP they should also add all potions for EA currency for pve players.

Seems reasonable. People shouldn't be discouraged to play tank by exorbitant arbitrary prices or the need to farm flowers for several hours a week. That's not making a game more enjoyable.

Don't want to open a can of worms, but maybe we should consider to add basic consumer goods (like alchemy ingredients, potions etc.) to vendors accepting gold in general. Makes no sense to hide consumables behind the grindwall.
    Edited by Braffin on October 6, 2023 11:58AM
    Never get between a cat and it's candy!
    ---
    Overland difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including One Tamriel, an overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver & Gold as a "you think you do but you don't" - tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game. I'm bored of dungeons, I'm bored of trials; make a personal difficulty slider for overland. It's not that hard.
  • CameraBeardThePirate
    CameraBeardThePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Problem is imperial city needs improvements so people visit it and get alchemy pouches

This right here ZOS. If you made IC more enjoyable than laying on a bed of nails, people might actually go there and buy the Waxed Parcels. Hakeijo prices would also go down.

I say that as someone who loves IC - the difference is that I'm down there enough that I'm usually the bigger fish. The smaller fish tend to hate IC and that leads to low pop.
    Edited by CameraBeardThePirate on October 6, 2023 12:25PM
  • Wolf_Eye
    Wolf_Eye
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This right here ZOS. If you made IC more enjoyable than laying on a bed of nails, people might actually go there and buy the Waxed Parcels. Hakeijo prices would also go down.

I say that as someone who loves IC - the difference is that I'm down there enough that I'm usually the bigger fish. The smaller fish tend to hate IC and that leads to low pop.

I guess that would naturally lead to the next question: How can ZOS re-organize IC in a way that might make it more enjoyable for people to come visit?
  • CameraBeardThePirate
    CameraBeardThePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wolf_Eye wrote: »

I guess that would naturally lead to the next question: How can ZOS re-organize IC in a way that might make it more enjoyable for people to come visit?

Reverting the flag changes they made a while back would go a long way. Giving people the option to spawn wherever they want allows fights to be fought anywhere, and allows smaller groups to put up more resistance against larger groups.

Could also make the sewers more appealing - the bosses down there don't drop nearly enough TelVar.
    Edited by CameraBeardThePirate on October 6, 2023 1:59PM
  • Galeriano
    Galeriano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EF321 wrote: »

But what players can't get by farming flowers and grinding writs? Dawn prisms, gladiator outfits, deadly daggers, militant ordinator motifs.

Add a drop chance for these to harvesting? NPC vendor that takes raw materials as currency in exchange for PvP gear coffers?

Or you can sell what you can source from your content to people who can't be bothered to do it, and buy what you don't want to farm yourself. Items you can provide are expensive as well, and some of them are desirable in content other than it's source.

But what players can't get by doing PvP? Most of the materials, sets, styles and collectibles. Should we also make these achievable through PvP? Should we make all arena weapons, dungeon crafting styles, trial sets etc obtainable in PvP? Overwhelming amount of stuff currently comes from PvE and Your argument is that if one type of potion would be alternatively added to PvP than everything PvP exclusive should be instantly obtainable also through PvE? That's really wierd line of reasoning.

And when it comes to selling what You get from certain type of content to people who can't be bothered with it than PvE is way more beneficial than PvP in that aspect.

I think You are missing the point of the whole thread. it's just talking about massive price increase of one specific material which suggest that current supply doesn't match the demand. This thread proposes a method that solved the same issue with different material in the past. That being said it's not the only method that can be used, what matters is doing something so that supply and demand would be more in line once again since that particular material we are talking about is one of the most essential crafting materials needed in many builds and it being too expensive negatively impacts the game which game history has already proven.
  • One_Bad_Bosmer
    Y'all do realize that you can buy Alchemy Satchels from the Tel-Var general merchant in your alliance's home base in Imperial City? The satchels are a mere 500 tel-var each. Now you aren't guaranteed columbine in every satchel. But when I buy them, I net anywhere from 3-9 columbine and is the most common flower dropped in the satchels....see you in ic hehehehe :wink:
    Edited by One_Bad_Bosmer on October 6, 2023 3:17PM
  • Kirawolfe
    Kirawolfe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EF321 wrote: »
    I tell you, ground is littered with these!
    z80s8zev8le0.png

Holy whoa... *grasping hands*
  • sarahthes
    sarahthes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DreamyLu wrote: »
    To come back to OP's statement: I enjoy that Columbine price is high, as I sell myself quite a lot.

However, on the other hand, that's really something I don't understand, because it's so easy to farm them in explorable... :D

Demand is outstripping supply.

I know I can't farm enough for my own needs during the game time I have available to me, and I also know I'm rare among endgame raiders in that I actually enjoy farming.
  • SpacemanSpiff1
    SpacemanSpiff1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    its a great time to sell $$$$$$$$$
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Treeshka wrote: »
    It’s simple.

what would that do?

i would Love farming in my houses.
    i imagine it would just be furnishings we could buy instead of a skill line though
    Agree, think Skyrim but with an bed you placed outdoor, perhaps an planter for indoor use.

now I made an Skyrim mod with an farming hoe, copied an hoe weapon, made it so some heavy attacks placed an pile of dirt in front of you, put an plant ingredient into it and an plant would spawn some days later.
    Even made it so eggs would spawn nest because nests are plants in Skyrim 😺
    And an chicken egg who is not harvested for an week would spawn an chicken.
    That would obviously not work in an MMO.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • XSTRONG
    XSTRONG
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Y'all do realize that you can buy Alchemy Satchels from the Tel-Var general merchant in your alliance's home base in Imperial City? The satchels are a mere 500 tel-var each. Now you aren't guaranteed columbine in every satchel. But when I buy them, I net anywhere from 3-9 columbine and is the most common flower dropped in the satchels....see you in ic hehehehe :wink:

I buy alot of alchemy satcheld in IC so I can tell that you get alot more columbine then bugloss, like alot
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wolf_Eye wrote: »

Reverting the flag changes they made a while back would go a long way. Giving people the option to spawn wherever they want allows fights to be fought anywhere, and allows smaller groups to put up more resistance against larger groups.

Could also make the sewers more appealing - the bosses down there don't drop nearly enough TelVar.

this

i think the regular fixed spawn sewer bosses definitely need more tel var, they only give like 100 base tel var while banner bosses give like 400 base tel var
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014

i have my main house (grand topal hideaway) listed in the housing tours, it has multiple target dummies, scribing altar, and grandmaster stations (in progress being filled out), as well as almost every antiquity furnishing on display to preview them

feel free to stop by and use the facilities
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One trick with surveys is to run back and forth until you see the plant you want.
  • Grizzbeorn
    Grizzbeorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    spartaxoxo wrote: »
    One trick with surveys is to run back and forth until you see the plant you want.

Wut?

You can change what you see on the ground for surveys before you harvest them??

*mind ka-blown*
      PC/NA Warden Main
    • TechMaybeHic
      TechMaybeHic
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Grizzbeorn wrote: »

Wut?

*mind ka-blown*

Yep. Have to run out of spawn range.
    • kringled_1
      kringled_1
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭

Wut?

*mind ka-blown*

Only for alchemy surveys not in apocrypha.
      In apocrypha, they are all just a herbalist satchel.
    • ElderSmitter
      ElderSmitter
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I feel like this thread is becoming a who's who of "say you don't play tank without saying you don't play tank."

Seriously, it's like
      OP: Columbine is expensive. We should have alliance tripots
      Others: You're a lazy bum! I don't use them so therefore nobody does!

I'm very happy for everyone who has the RNG to get good columbine drops overland. I harvest almost everything I see and still Columbine is the node I see the least, even rarer in my game than Giant Clams. I'm also very happy that DPS mains have thousands of daily reward tripots available to throw away. I wish they were sellable, because I know every tank main would love those. I'd also love to have something to spend my AP on like potions that are useful to my build.

But please, if you don't play tank main, don't come in here saying how you have too many or Columbine in great numbers is not necessary for certain playstyles. Tanks, especially trial tanks in several progs, can go through 200+ Columbine in a few days without trying. And yes, that's with the green CP node to give a chance of not using a potion.

There are spots where you can Farm Columbine. Or use Telvar to buy Satchels in Imperial City. I did 20 Satchels and got about 56 Columbine plus tons of other alchemist regents. Also visit remains Silent every day in the Outlaw Refuge for a daily Satchel of Poison ingredients for free PLUS visit Dirk in Southern Elsweyr Dragon Wayshrine bottom right and Open the secret chest by his desk daily for Free Dragon Rheum + Dragon Blood and Much more. I get about 8-14 Dragon Rheum a week for free which alone sells for 12k+ per and it pays for all the columbine you can buy. Also for easy cash do the 3 Summerset dallies for Culanda Lacquer. you can easily get 3 a day which sells for 8-9k per. Best of Luck.
    • Trundik
      Trundik
      ✭✭✭
      Honestly it is long in wait list to rework alchemy, but not jewellery. 90% of alchemy ingredients are useless, poisons are useless, while columbine is core like everywhere, where potions make sence. Moreover you can't make proper hybride potion, which will add weapon power and wapon crit + mana regeneration and visa versa until this day, despite that hybride revision was year a go.
      Edited by Trundik on October 7, 2023 1:34AM
    • irswat
      irswat
      ✭✭✭✭
      People aren't buying columbine for tripots. The demand and price surge is primarily driven by emd game raiders making ult gen potions. End gamers have gold to throw around and so it is an example of a lot of gold chasing too few goods thus the price goes up
      Edited by irswat on October 7, 2023 2:25AM
      The Lord Jesus Christ saved me from sin and darkness. His love has transformed me so that I am a new creature in Him. May you find Him too, and experience His richness and goodness!
    • Paralyse
      Paralyse
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      It was corn flower not that long ago. And yes, it's ulti (Heroism) pots, I have stacks and stacks of Crown tri-pots in the bank.

So you want to get more columbine and not be stuck buying it on the AH:

- Make sure you have all of the gathering CP's slotted in the Green tree. This helps, and it will help even more when a long-running bug is fixed with the next major update that was causing the "chance at extra mats" CP to work less often than intended.

- Do your crafting writs every day to get alchemy surveys, which have a ton of mats. If you don't see any Lush Columbine spawns, walk away until you can't see the nodes anymore, and then run back, and the nodes will be "reset" with different spawns. Combined with the gathering CP, you can get a lot more mats. I run writs on 6 toons, and have more surveys than I know what to do with.

- Go to zones or areas with high spawn rates. If the zone you're in is mostly desert, snow, or rocks, don't expect to see a bunch of columbine. Use addons such as HarvestMap with the data files (if you are on PC) so you know where nodes spawn.

- Pick every node you see, even if you don't need it. Every time you harvest a node, it has a chance to respawn as something else: that mountain flower you just walked by could respawn as a columbine node. (The same is true for enchanting nodes and Psijic Portals, and mining nodes/JC ore spawns.)
      Paralyse, Sanguine's Tester - Enjoying ESO since beta. Trial clears: vSS HM, Crag HM's, vRG Oax HM, vMoL DD, vKA HM, vCR+1, vAS IR, vDSR, vSE
    • freespirit
      freespirit
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭

Wut?

*mind ka-blown*

I routinely reset my alchemy surveys, although some are a pain to do multiple times(Grahtwood looking at you and swimming!!) before actually picking the flowers.

It used to be to get at least one cornflower, now it's to get at least one columbine. I did 23 surveys last night and received exactly 230 columbine, which tbh I was quite happy with. it sold within minutes of being listed too!
      When people say to me........
      "You're going to regret that in the morning"
      I sleep until midday cos I'm a problem solver!