The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Login issues again?

• smallhammer
    smallhammer
    ✭✭
    Just finished at work, and wanted to unwind with ESO...but..nope

Good to see it's not on my end the problem is.
  • Lady_Galadhiel
    Lady_Galadhiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Tehima wrote: »
    Hi Cuties,
    Now I remember why I stopped ESO+ and then TESo
    I stopped paying in July and I won't say I regret it.More likely the opposite.
    Total ESO playtime: 8325 hours
    ESO plus status: Cancelled
    ESO currently uninstalled.
  • Basbor
    Basbor
    ✭✭✭
    v347kzwaziem.gif
  • Napalm_Death32
    Napalm_Death32
    ✭✭✭
    just tried, still not working. its like they're running it off an iphone, explains why its not working
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't log in on either PC NA or EU, same problem: getting a message about the access code, but no access code is being sent.
  • Napalm_Death32
    Napalm_Death32
    ✭✭✭
    glad to know I haven't been hacked.

And THIS is the issue with dumb error messages. There HAS to be a way to detect login server issues and spit out Smart error messages instead of this mishmash of 'who knows what's going on."

Adding test code to a program is second nature to programmers. Something getting stuck in a loop? Add a watchdog routine. Database not responding? Add some error handling that resets the connection, or at least alerts an employee who can fix it. Yes, ESO is a big game, but the login server program can't be that complicated. If it is, maybe it's time to simplify it.

i think you mean by simplify it to dumbify it
  • Tyralbin
    Tyralbin
    ✭✭✭✭
    S2RDK wrote: »
    Tyralbin wrote: »
    I feel game will be down for maintenance fairly soon.

Just like it was some weeks ago when a similar issue occured.

Well - it looks like it is down for maintenance already.....

Nope I am still in game.
    Live a little love a lot send all your gold to this Imperials pot.
  • eternalshockcable
    eternalshockcable
    ✭✭✭
    I would recommend better security and better transparency.

This seems to be a large number of the player base has been affected.
    In that the authentication codes do not send to the email our emails.

Is this a hack related issue or a server provider outage related issue or server down related issue?

The main thing that needs addressed is ACCOUNT SAFETY in which we should be notified promptly if our accounts have been compromised.

Is the login server compromised?

PC NA
  • Xandreia_
    Xandreia_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin since you are our favourite person, can you possibly give us some information about the poor hamsters and when they will be off of their lunch break? i have to use a healy stick to help kill a sload soon :(
  • DinoZavr
    DinoZavr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    programmerhumor-io-backend-memes-debugging-memes-ce5caf5ec54c23f.png
    PC EU
  • Trancejet
    Trancejet
    Same issue to me.Can't login.
  • ShenaniganSquad
    ShenaniganSquad
    ✭✭✭
    I have now been added to this bug list. Got booted from the game, when I tried to log in it gave me the "sending you an email and code" message, no email, no code, and cant log in to help/support page to lodge a ticket.. :( rip Saturday trials
  • Napalm_Death32
    Napalm_Death32
    ✭✭✭
    Xandreia_ wrote: »
    @ZOS_Kevin since you are our favourite person, can you possibly give us some information about the poor hamsters and when they will be off of their lunch break? i have to use a healy stick to help kill a sload soon :(

They won't, they don't reply, they also didn't reply when they were linked. they're becoming ubisoft
  • Immortal_Dark410
    Immortal_Dark410
    ✭✭✭✭
    de541e6787fe0d80723074737a1afe5ca2a1c610.gif
    Retired Guild Leader Of AMAZING DEALS OF TAMRIEL
    Retired Guild Leader Of AMAZING DEALS OF NIRN
    (ALL FACTION TRADE GUILDS)

PC NA SERVER
    DC - DARKDROGO | ORC | STAM DK | LVL 50 | CP 1285
    AD - DARK-GEARLT-OF-RIVIA | ALTMER | MAG SORC | LVL 50 | CP 1285
    EP - DARK-ABYSS | DUNMER | MAG TEMP | LVL 50 | CP 1285
    DC - REAPERS-CLOACK-OF-YASSASEEN | BRETON | MAG NB | LVL 50 | CP 1285
    AD - DARK-SLADE-WILSON | KHAJIIT | STAM NB | LVL 50 | CP 585
    AD - THE-LAST-DRUID-OF-PARANOR | ALTMER | MAG DK | LVL 50 | CP 1285
    AD - GALADRIEL-LADY OF LIGHT | IMPERIAL | STAM SORC | LVL 50 | CP 1285

CONSOLE PS5 NA SERVER AS WELL
  • Mathius_Mordred
    Mathius_Mordred
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same, can't login, access code sent but didn't arrive, EU in the UK
    Skyrim Red Shirts. Join us at https://skyrimredshirts.co.ukJoin Skyrim Red Shirts. We welcome all, from new players to Vets. A mature drama free social group enjoying PVE questing, Dungeons, trials and arenas. Web, FB Group & Discord. Guild Hall, trial dummy, crafting, transmutation, banker & merchant. You may invite your friends. No requirements
  • LoneWandererBud
    LoneWandererBud
    Soul Shriven
    Prolly a tactic to get folks to buy Starfield where they won't have to deal with constantly down servers
  • jobra888
    jobra888
    ✭✭
    the question is .. is anyone able to log in
  • abakzn
    abakzn
    ✭✭✭
    Just checked, I cannot even login to the store on Windows, just get an empty login screen back on each logon attempt.
  • Auberon1983
    Auberon1983
    ✭✭✭
    I would recommend better security and better transparency.

This seems to be a large number of the player base has been affected.
    In that the authentication codes do not send to the email our emails.

Is this a hack related issue or a server provider outage related issue or server down related issue?

The main thing that needs addressed is ACCOUNT SAFETY in which we should be notified promptly if our accounts have been compromised.

Is the login server compromised?

PC NA

This is precisely what I'm concerned about. I don't care about compensation, heck at this point I don't even care if my characters are still there (though that would admittedly suck). I'm concerned about private data at this juncture: are our passwords, emails, and debit/credit card information secure, or have they been compromised? The fact that even the official website is down is what's making me most nervous.
  • Trancejet
    Trancejet
    Can't log in.
  • Mannjdyr
    Mannjdyr
    ✭✭✭
    abakzn wrote: »
    Just checked, I cannot even login to the store on Windows, just get an empty login screen back on each logon attempt.

same,
  • S2RDK
    S2RDK
    ✭✭

Nope I am still in game.[/quote]

Then pls - don't use your time here....
  • Rowjoh
    Rowjoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Issue still persisting I'm afraid - unable to log in yet again, both servers.

Seems that this was an small issue that started several days ago and has grown steadily worse.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also like to add, this is another issue from today, where it crashes when you exit . have 2c7ml480y30l.png
    to force close it

I get that about 50% of the time since Update 36. Have to force close after logging out.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • SirCritical
    SirCritical
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey all, as noted in this thread there are login issues impacting all servers that started earlier this morning. We have been investigating and working on this issue since it started. Apologies for the delay in responding here and thank you for your patience. We will update as we have more info.

It started yesterday evening.
  • MoBles
    MoBles
    Soul Shriven
    I was logged in about 2 hours ago from 10:39 AM CST on XBOX NA Server, got kicked, I restarted the game, even restarted my XBOX and still the same issue for the past 2 hours... "log in error, contact support"
  • freespirit
    freespirit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ok so wandered over to my PC, why I am not sure!!

Standard account got one of the multiple possible error messages BUT had to use Task Manager to force quit, as after hitting "quit" I ended up with a never ending black screen!

Epic account got a different error message, pressed quit, got a black screen again, this time Task Manager was hidden behind the black screen, we tried to get it accessible with no luck, saved by ctrl alt del...... who even knew that still worked??? :D
    When people say to me........
    "You're going to regret that in the morning"
    I sleep until midday cos I'm a problem solver!
  • Ardriel
    Ardriel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jaraal wrote: »
    Also like to add, this is another issue from today, where it crashes when you exit . have 2c7ml480y30l.png
    to force close it

I get that about 50% of the time since Update 36. Have to force close after logging out.

same issue
  • khaoticfury
    khaoticfury
    ✭✭
    these "free" weekends need to stop!!!!! everytime it breaks the server
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Hi all,

As part of our ongoing investigation and work on today's login issues, we are setting the Account Site into maintenance mode. During this time, you may see the Account Site as "unavailable." This is expected and temporary as we work on the issue.
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post