El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yup. PS NA
    Options
  • Malprave
    Malprave
    ✭✭✭✭
    We should all welcome this time to catch up on forum posts.

There’s somebody asking for another werewolf ultimate, the umpteenth request for cross play, another player attacked by a Herald’s Seeker while minding their own business, now here’s a request to be able to rent your characters out while you’re offline…

This is good stuff people! Get out there and read! Leave some inane comments. Let’s use this time wisely!
    Options
  • ChicoRob
    ChicoRob
    Soul Shriven
    When I try to login it says I need to enter a code but never sends the code and gives no option to send again (as per the usual with this software). Usually I can resolve by logging into my account on the web browser, but when I try to log in it simply reloads a blank login page and gives me no message or response whatsoever. Interestingly, when I tried to login to post to this forum I got a message saying I need to reset my password, likely because my account information has recently been changed by an administrator. So i reset my password (for the first time ever since the beta, sadly) and I can now login to post to the forum but still cannot login to either the game or the main account website...
    update: I can now login...the password reset seems to be only for the forum site which I didn't know had a separate password.
    Edited by ChicoRob on August 18, 2023 4:25PM
    Options
  • VolkerD
    VolkerD
    Soul Shriven
    Same here, try to login, get the message that a code was sent to my email account -- no code arrives. The error message "Login from unknown IP address" is quite confusing, because it is not true.

I have even tried to reset my password, that didn't help at all. I think I have tried everything I know that might work, so this problem is definitely not on my end.

Instead of constantly nerfing things that are perfectly fine, could you please concentrate on making the login a bit more robust? I've worked for 19 years as a software engineer for a very large bank, I cannot even imagine why such a problem could pop up from time to time.

Hope you get well soon!
    Options
  • Aca2017
    Aca2017
    ✭✭✭
    So, I "quit" ESO a while back (April 2023)... needed some time away from the chronic instability and the basically nonexistent customer support.

Was toying with returning...

Clearly its all my fault. The moment I began to consider this, it was back to the good old days (or perhaps this has been happening all along, I just wasn't around to see it... hmm... no, its all my fault). I apologize.
    Edited by Aca2017 on August 18, 2023 3:49PM
    Options
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same here, give wrong password message over an over then the code who is not sent.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
    Options
  • jtm1018
    jtm1018
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will have a long weekend, monday work suspension, suspension becuase? who cares, long weekend, yay!!!

went to play eso nope, seriously bumbed out.

long sigh and long booo for you zenibeth!!!!
    Options
  • z32
    z32
    Soul Shriven
    PC/NA Steam, was ok in the morning, after login off can not login back -- unspecified error. Can not login to my ESO account either to create support ticket with username and password.
    Options
  • The Uninvited
    The Uninvited
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm getting a login queue now!

Update: In game now!
    Edited by The Uninvited on August 18, 2023 3:51PM
    Pandora's Promise (rip) | LND | Pactriotic | IKnowWhatUDidLastWinter's | The Uninvited |

Ride the paranoia | All life is pain | Only the grave is real
    Options
  • Tambit
    Tambit
    Soul Shriven
    Oh, now there is a new message on the website saying it will be down for maintenance until 6 est. Well that's progress.

My biggest concern was that THEY got hacked or somehow deleted our game accounts. I had this error occur when I got my daughter an account but hadn't paid for the game itself. She had access to the website and forums but couldn't log in to play. It's just eerily similar is all.
    Options
  • Pestratte
    Pestratte
    ✭✭
    Same here.Account authentication with code not possible because no code is coming to my e-mail adresss.
    Options
  • Rinlan_Darius
    Rinlan_Darius
    ✭✭✭
    I logged into the server PS-EU
    Options
  • Grizzbeorn
    Grizzbeorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I just got in. 11:50am EDT.
      PC/NA Warden Main
      Options
    • Gandalf_72
      Gandalf_72
      ✭✭✭✭
      I miss the days when you could just put a disk in and play a game :D

floppy disk 5"?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=verzp18Vhm4

:)
      PC | EU
      Options
    • hrothbern
      hrothbern
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I just logged in (queue was 1 min 20)

I see that 20% of the usually active number of my guildies are also logged in (big guilds)

PC EU
      Edited by hrothbern on August 18, 2023 3:54PM
      "I still do not understand why I followed the advice of Captain Rana to bring the villagers of Bleakrock into safety. We should have fought for our village and not have backed down, with our tail between our legs. Now my home village is in shambles, the houses burning, the invaders feasting.I swear every day to Shor that after Molag Bal has been defeated, I will hunt down the invaders and restore peace in Bleakrock and drink my mead with my friends at the market place".PC-EU
      Options
    • Wolfkeks
      Wolfkeks
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      EF321 wrote: »
      I want Guar to be light blue this time, please.

Hey, one day we might have guars in all the colors of the rainbow 🌈
      "Sheggorath, you are the Skooma Cat, for what is crazier than a cat on skooma?" - Fadomai
      EU PC 2000+ CP professional mudballer and pie thrower
      Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, vAA hm, vHelRa hm, vSO hm, vMoL hm, vHoF hm, vAS+2, vCR+3, vSS hm, vKA, vRG, Flawless Conquerer, Spirit Slayer
      Options
    • Frogmother
      Frogmother
      ✭✭✭✭
      I'm in.
      got a 2 min login queue, but finally made it
      Options
    • Tehima
      Tehima
      Soul Shriven
      Prolly a tactic to get folks to buy Starfield where they won't have to deal with constantly down servers
      Unless the game itself is buggy. It's time to try the Microsoft Games subscription until the game is fixed, and 98% operational and, above all, on special offer to buy it.
      Options
    • EF321
      EF321
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      In queue too.
      Guess I won't be logging out today...

klxqkir8otm8.png
      Options
    • ljubisa24
      ljubisa24
      Soul Shriven
      Got in short queue but im in.

Waiting on news about what happened and are our accounts safe.
      Options
    • aru
      aru
      ✭✭✭
      I've not been able to do even my dailies. I think it would be appropriate to give us a crown crate as some kind of compensation after this.
      Options
    • Pherfine
      Pherfine
      ✭✭
      "The worse part is the uncertainty. Did i get hacked? is my account ok? did my credit card or bank payment get compromised? is my identity compromised? Those are the issues that one deals with in these circumstances. The game loss (if any is occurring) might be as inoffensive as just walking down the road and tripping over a pebble and just composed yourself and keep walking, but when the rest of the issues pop is when we panic."

I am quoting myself on this one. Everyone seems to forget that if this is a server hack then even our bank accounts may have been compromised and am also quoting Eternalshockcable as well in saying.. DO PANIC if your bank account has been compromised due to a gaming hack

I would recommend better security and better transparency.

This seems to be a large number of the player base has been affected.
      In that the authentication codes do not send to the email our emails.

Is this a hack related issue or a server provider outage related issue or server down related issue?

The main thing that needs addressed is ACCOUNT SAFETY in which we should be notified promptly if our accounts have been compromised.

Is the login server compromised?

PC NA

Options
    • freespirit
      freespirit
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Got in PC-EU <3
      When people say to me........
      "You're going to regret that in the morning"
      I sleep until midday cos I'm a problem solver!
      Options
    • Rinlan_Darius
      Rinlan_Darius
      ✭✭✭
      I logged into the server PS-NA
      Options
    • sarahthes
      sarahthes
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Folks, your accounts weren't compromised. Something broke in the authentication server or where it talks to the game or something. The launcher spits out random errors whenever they happens that look worrying, but that's because the launcher doesn't know what the actual issue is.

The reason there's a queue now is because they've turned everything back on again, but letting everyone in all at once would just crash the login servers again.
      Options
    • Fentras
      Fentras
      ✭✭
      PC NA, just got logged in a few minutes ago
      Options
    • geosto1b16_ESO2
      [snip]

ESO struggles to log out, leaves a black screen I have to "task-manager" to get back to my desktop...

None of this stuff every happened to me playing constant since ESO went live online.. how many years back, now this year its just a constant pain in the neck, with problem after problem after problem, Bethesda took something really good and BROKE IT.. how weird is that...

There is a saying (for good reason) IF IT AIN'T BROKE DON'T FIX IT.. but too late for Bethesda.. they've poked it enough times now, the software is falling apart.

[edited for bashing]
      Edited by ZOS_Icy on August 18, 2023 5:22PM
      Options
    • Basbor
      Basbor
      ✭✭✭
      Login successful. (for now)
      Options
    • Four_Fingers
      Four_Fingers
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      You don't get low pop bonus in Cyrodiil when you are the only one in it. lmao
      Options
    • EmilyElizabethESO
      EmilyElizabethESO
      ✭✭✭
      PlayStation NA, I was able to login
      Options