The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.2 is available.

NO RUNE OF DISPLACEMENT PLEASE

• nokturnihs
    nokturnihs
    ✭✭✭
    OtarTheMad wrote: »
    You can CC break it easily and the ability tickles at best at the moment. I’m not worried about it.

One of the big problems with DC was that it disrupted the flow of combat. It was so disruptive and trolly. As I have said many times, something that impactful to everyone in the area should have always been an ultimate. Not a skill or a set bonus.

Not disruptive or trolly at all like -every- DK build in BGs... Sorry you can't get me to care about this when "trolly and disruptive" is the perfect description of anyone using pillar of nirn in PvP with a stun...
    Options
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I hate aoe pulls in pvp.
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
    Options
  • TechMaybeHic
    TechMaybeHic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Oakiyo wrote: »
    I agree with the initial message, this thing needs to be only usable in PVM. If you think the Arcanist is underwhelming, wait to see those guys pulling you with a no cooldown DC skill between two 70k tooltip AOE jesus beam heal on them and all people
    in front. Which cost near to 0 with 2 infused reduce cost glyph by the way.

even if it tries to pull on every cast, it most certainly will apply cc immunity, which is minimum of like 7-10 sec before the pull would affect you again, which would instead of giving 1 person cc immunity, just give a whole group cc immunity (unlike dark convergence or rush of agony which all pull and do not apply cc immunity)

Dark convergence does apply CC immunity. This also isn’t the issue with this set. It’s the constant pulling on CC cool-down. Needing to break free and rebuff every 6 seconds because this thing is everywhere will make for extremely slow paced combat - just like when DC first came out.

the part i mentioned, the pull, does not apply cc immunity from dark convergence (as the set also does a stun 1 sec after the pull this does apply cc immunity)

the major issue with stuff like rush of agony and dark convergence is that the pull does not apply cc immunity, leading to potentially multiple pulls from these sets in a short time frame

I agree with this mostly. If you can break out of the pull like you can with chains or others, its not so bad. But there still can be some timed bombs for right when you get there. Probably a lot easier to pull off with Rush of Agony and DC for reasons you mention
    Options
  • Billium813
    Billium813
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the only thing I dislike for PvP is constantly being bounced around like a pinball. Dark Convergence in PvP is annoying as hell, and sometimes just kills you when someone bombs. CC immunity is good, but in large battles, that immunity seems like it's on cool down! I'm not interested in constantly being snared, pulled, stunned, ect.

yes, IK unstoppable pots exist, but 10 second immunity on a 30 second pot cooldown is useless when the effects are spammed all over the place for several minutes.

I think this Rune of Displacement is going to be not good for PvP. Not bad, cause it doesn't seem to scale in damage the same way Dark Convergence does and it doesn't Stun, but still bad because it has the potential to physically effect too many enemies AND it doesn't seem to have a cooldown. Can anyone confirm this has no cooldown on PTS? Does it respect CC immunity?

For PvE... Seems kinda OP against trash packs and hordes. I can see players just throw down 3 of these and suddenly all the spread out trash is standing in 1 spot... Then, the mobs will spend several seconds trying to reposition, then cast a LA. IDK, just seems like a bad play pattern when it can potentially be spammed. Players already think of dungeons as too easy and the simplistic AI is one of those reasons. This doesn't really help, it seems to only make things easier.

Rune of Displacement, Rune of Displacement, Rune of Displacement, Abyssal Impact spam. All ads killed.

You can see why ZOS has been soo hard on bomber builds... they'v been planning on this effect the whole time.
    Edited by Billium813 on April 25, 2023 5:07PM
    Options
  • Tessitura
    Tessitura
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You know I keep seeing people talk about the effects of this in pvp but how many of you have actually seen it in action on the pts? How something looks on paper and how it preforms in actuality are rarely the same. My experience with it so far is it doesnt work half the time and the other half everyone walks away from it. It doesnt stun, slow, or root you. You just get yanked to one spot. I have only seen one guy make this work with a ult and it was the comet. Everyone just blocked and it was like nothing happened.

I am not saying this cant be abused or that really well timed combos cant be pulled off with it, but so far it has not been impressive in pvp. Lets not hit the panic button without making a attempt to understand it's actual impact first.
    Options
  • Billium813
    Billium813
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it doesn't proc CC immunity, I can't wait to see the arcanist ball group that spams this to pinball players around xD
    Options
  • The Uninvited
    The Uninvited
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tessitura wrote: »
    You know I keep seeing people talk about the effects of this in pvp but how many of you have actually seen it in action on the pts? How something looks on paper and how it preforms in actuality are rarely the same. My experience with it so far is it doesnt work half the time and the other half everyone walks away from it. It doesnt stun, slow, or root you. You just get yanked to one spot. I have only seen one guy make this work with a ult and it was the comet. Everyone just blocked and it was like nothing happened.

I am not saying this cant be abused or that really well timed combos cant be pulled off with it, but so far it has not been impressive in pvp. Lets not hit the panic button without making a attempt to understand it's actual impact first.

So, it's more like DK chains? But in a spot, rather than pulled to the caster?
    Pandora's Promise (rip) | LND | Pactriotic | IKnowWhatUDidLastWinter's | The Uninvited |

Ride the paranoia | All life is pain | Only the grave is real
    Options
  • Tessitura
    Tessitura
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Its aoe chains and it pulls them onto the initial target of the spell. It requires a target and you can't just place it on the ground.
    Options
  • Thecompton73
    Thecompton73
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Its aoe chains and it pulls them onto the initial target of the spell. It requires a target and you can't just place it on the ground.

I'm taking a wild guess that you don't fight against ball groups in Cyro? Because I can tell you right now it will become a favorite tool for them because it's an AOE pull with no cooldown and they don't have to give up a group buffing set to use it like they do with Rush or DC. Those groups have plenty of other skills/procs going off that are going to root, snare, debuff, damage and kill anyone pulled into their path by the Rune.
    Edited by Thecompton73 on April 26, 2023 12:57AM
    Options
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I'm taking a wild guess that you don't fight against ball groups in Cyro? Because I can tell you right now it will become a favorite tool for them because it's an AOE pull with no cooldown and they don't have to give up a group buffing set to use it like they do with Rush or DC. Those groups have plenty of other skills/procs going off that are going to root, snare, debuff, damage and kill anyone pulled into their path by the Rune.

I’m taking a wild guess that you have never been CC’d by ball groups in Cyro?

Trolling aside being CC’d in ANY way by a ball group is far from new. I’m not trying to offend ball groups because it’s a valid play style but I mean you can tell when they are about to charge, they typically go in a straight line so going 3ft to the left or right is safe ground, CC break is a thing, and honestly if you see a ball group somewhere why even be there? They are just boring to deal with honestly. If a ball groups pulls up to a keep I typically just leave and go find better fights somewhere else, maybe that’s just me tho.

Like Tessitura said it doesn’t even work half the time and you can get away pretty easily. I did some BGs on the PTS and tried this ability and honestly it did nada. I think some are overreacting and trying to guess how groups will use this in Cyro, if they do at all. I wouldn’t drop DC for this if DC actually does damage as well, cooldown or not.

I mean I’d be cool if ZOS changed it and gave it a cooldown or explained to us if it already has one because in terms of testing for PvP it’s just duels and BGs, no big Cyro fights so hard to get a real test on this. I just think Arcanist has bigger problems right now and I’d be okay with this abilities pull if it meant other ones get attention, then they can get back to this in Q3 or 4.
    Options
  • Danse_Mayhem
    Danse_Mayhem
    ✭✭✭✭
    The pull from dark convergence -does- apply CC immunity. Idk why that’s even up for debate but please go use this set and familiarise yourself with these pull sets before joining this debate. Rushing agony is the only set, pull or no, that applies a CC but not CC immunity.

DC and RA are awful for the flow of pvp, but have counters and drawbacks. This new arcanist skill has no drawbacks, no cool-down, no set investment will bring back the choppy and slow paced pvp that no one enjoyed when DC first came out.
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    DAMN THIS COMMENT IS FANCY!

YouTube.com/DarkProjectMayhem
    Options
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is really simple fix for it. Remember how NB's Teleport Strike had a stun (long time ago) ? So it was also stunning the target. But what it also had is the following line: If the target is a player, they are snared by x% instead of being stunned.

So... maybe, just maybe not to ruin the skill in PvE and at the same time not to make it far to oppressive in PvP, just make it so it would only work vs mobs & npcs and not actuall players. Or add different effects when used vs players.

DC was and still is extremely OP and powerful set. With Arcanist introduction, you will be able not only to stack this skill with DC (making the pull guaranteed; if someone will avoid one, then the other will pull them), but also you will be able to use DC-like pull in no proc campaign.
    Options
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    After going onto the pts again to test some more things I realized that, at least imo, this morph isn’t even the better morph.

The other morph does additional area damage after a delay which is big if damage is increased (right now it is basically soul trap like damage, pass). Also, and this is huge, up to 3 allies can use the synergy.

All this adds up to a good amount of damage, screw the pull, I’m going with this morph.
    Options
  • Danse_Mayhem
    Danse_Mayhem
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just confirming a few things…

– The pull from rushing agony, does not apply cc immunity, it is the only set/skill that functions this way.

- The pull from dark convergence, does apply CC immunity after being pulled in, and always has done, even when the set used to pull twice. The absence of a lasting stun is not a factor here with CC immunity.

– This rune of displacement skill, also applies cc immunity after the pull. Aside from the very short delay to trigger the pull, this can (and Will) be spammed with no cool down.

Options
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just confirming a few things…

– The pull from rushing agony, does not apply cc immunity, it is the only set/skill that functions this way.

- The pull from dark convergence, does apply CC immunity after being pulled in, and always has done, even when the set used to pull twice. The absence of a lasting stun is not a factor here with CC immunity.

– This rune of displacement skill, also applies cc immunity after the pull. Aside from the very short delay to trigger the pull, this can (and Will) be spammed with no cool down.

And I don’t see why players would choose Rune of Displacement morph when a better pull already exists.

You team the DC pull (and the better damage is does) with the Fulminating Rune morph which has more damage, additional damage after a delay and a synergy that up to 3 people can use (the tooltip I had for the synergy on PTS was like 8k.) You combo those with ult dumps and other abilities, goodnight enemies.

You are so determined to get this Displacement morph changed because you THINK everyone will use it and it’ll mess Cyro up and the morph could be changed. However, I just don’t see the Displacement morph as the better choice… not when with Fulminating Rune and all it comes with.

Options
  • Zodiarkslayer
    Zodiarkslayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am looking forward to Rune of displacement. 😈
    read, think and write.In that order.
    Options
  • Danse_Mayhem
    Danse_Mayhem
    ✭✭✭✭
    Again you miss the point.
    Given that rushing agony doesn’t apply CC immunity, and dark convergence has damage attached to it, then the pull from this skill might technically be a bit worse, per cast… But tell me, why will people wear a whole 5pc set dedicated to a pull - One of which on a 25s cool-down, when they can just slit one skill and spam it?
    I don’t know what else to tell you. From a PVP perspective, I am gonna take the zero cool-down, one bar slot option that I can obnoxiously spam every time, and not have to make a 5pc set investment. Enemy players can hold block all they want to stop the first pull, but by the 5th, 6th time I’ve mashed that button, they are either getting pulled or they are dead in the water with other ultimates since they will just be sitting ducks holding block.
    Given that arcanist will be everywhere on release, it stands that this skill will be too, and cyro will be a slow paced pull fest. Guarantee it - we have seen it before when DC came out.

Options
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Again you miss the point.
    Given that rushing agony doesn’t apply CC immunity, and dark convergence has damage attached to it, then the pull from this skill might technically be a bit worse, per cast… But tell me, why will people wear a whole 5pc set dedicated to a pull - One of which on a 25s cool-down, when they can just slit one skill and spam it?
    I don’t know what else to tell you. From a PVP perspective, I am gonna take the zero cool-down, one bar slot option that I can obnoxiously spam every time, and not have to make a 5pc set investment. Enemy players can hold block all they want to stop the first pull, but by the 5th, 6th time I’ve mashed that button, they are either getting pulled or they are dead in the water with other ultimates since they will just be sitting ducks holding block.
    Given that arcanist will be everywhere on release, it stands that this skill will be too, and cyro will be a slow paced pull fest. Guarantee it - we have seen it before when DC came out.

LoL. Okay well you have fun killing the lvl 25 newbies who don’t know what to do and counter, have fun with that.

I think that morph is trash compared to the other. If I had a group I’d pick the other one and just run around and nuke others for a crap ton of damage. Not like ball groups don’t already act like Nirn’s version of Nascar while they wait for ultimates to come back.

All I am saying is this morph could get changed and you’d be happy but i don’t think its the problem morph.

Honestly, ZOS… change this ability… give it a cooldown… I’ll take my Fulminating Rune where 3 people can hit the synergy for 8k or so damage each.
    Options