Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Letters being sent out to streamers in advance of the reveal

• Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jle30303 wrote: »
    Who knows. Maybe a war of the wizards will see both Telvannis and Winterhold after the same thing?

That thought did occur to me. A literal interpretation of "two worlds" may be incorrect. It could be two mutually exclusive philosophies, both on Nirn. I didn't consider Telvanni mages vs Winterhold mages, though. The only issue here is that ZOS does not let us choose sides. There is the "bad guy" side, and then the side we are on, the "good" side. If they do something like this, we won't get to pick Telvanni or Winterhold. More of that decision-by-writer stuff would make me an unhappy Elsonso.
    Edited by Elsonso on January 19, 2023 1:36PM
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Malthorne
    Malthorne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who knows. Maybe a war of the wizards will see both Telvannis and Winterhold after the same thing?

This thought actually crossed my mind as well. It would be amazing and ambitious. It’s something that could play out over the course of the next few years, I don’t want to get my hopes up.
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seraphayel wrote: »
    Could "Leramil the Wise" be an anagram?

I AM WILL THE SEER
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Malthorne wrote: »

This thought actually crossed my mind as well. It would be amazing and ambitious. It’s something that could play out over the course of the next few years, I don’t want to get my hopes up.

Since when are Nords known for having any great magical tradition? Sure, there are powerful Nord wizards, as there are of every race, but as far as I know, the Altmer and Dunmer are strongest in magical traditions and delving into arcane lore (whereas it seems the Bretons have a natural affinity for magic, but culturally not so much, perhaps because of history, or perhaps I am mistaken).
  • Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    All this Telvanni talk is making me want a Divayth Fyr chapter.

Maybe we can even meet Yagrum Bagarn although I don't know the time lines involved with all that. Not sure when he returned but it would be before corprus disease I'm assuming.
  • SilverIce58
    SilverIce58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Snamyap wrote: »
    I see we're saving the world for the...oh, what are we up to now...fourth or fifth time?

As long as there's a compelling story I don't care whether we're saving the universe or the neighbour's cat.

I would love a questline to save the neighbor's cat tho.
    PC - NA
    CP 1125
    Veric Blackwood - Breton Magsorc DC
    Xhiak-Qua'cthurus - Argonian Frost Warden EP
    Kujata-qa - Khajiit Magplar AD
    Suunleth-dar - Khajiit Stamblade AD
    Teldryn Antharys - Dunmer Flame DK EP
    Strikes-With-Venom - Argonian Poison DK EP
    Rur'san-ra - Khajiit WW Stamsorc AD
    Ilianos Solinar - Altmer Stamplar AD
    Iscah Silver-Heart - Reachman Magden DC
  • Deter1UK
    Deter1UK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Syldras wrote: »

Who could be powerful enough to be a danger to Hermaeus Mora? Is any mortal capable of that, or only another Daedric Prince? If it's the latter, the traditional opponent is Vaermina the Dreamweaver, as was pointed out correctly, which also fits the description about the "the thread that keeps reality itself from unraveling".

Miraak?

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Miraak
  • MerguezMan
    MerguezMan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hum... aren't you guys being a bit overinterpretative ?

Because the letter has an hidden symbol revealed under black light, the chapter would obviously set in Blacklight ?

As far as we know, 2023's feature could be an accurate version of Tamriel's map :smiley:
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Deter1UK wrote: »

Who could be powerful enough to be a danger to Hermaeus Mora? Is any mortal capable of that, or only another Daedric Prince? If it's the latter, the traditional opponent is Vaermina the Dreamweaver, as was pointed out correctly, which also fits the description about the "the thread that keeps reality itself from unraveling".

Miraak?

Oh, I like the idea of Miraak trying to influence us from Apocrypha under the guise of being Hermaeus Mora. In an attempt to use us to help him break out of his imprisonment. Maybe the dragons returning to Elswry made him think we'd be sympathetic to his cause. And our conflict ends up being Miraak V Mora.

(It's all way too close to being the plot of Dragonborn DLC, so I doubt it would be the case though)
  • Malthorne
    Malthorne
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Since when are Nords known for having any great magical tradition? Sure, there are powerful Nord wizards, as there are of every race, but as far as I know, the Altmer and Dunmer are strongest in magical traditions and delving into arcane lore (whereas it seems the Bretons have a natural affinity for magic, but culturally not so much, perhaps because of history, or perhaps I am mistaken).

The Nords have been portrayed as distrusting of magic and mages culturally in games like Skyrim. That does not does exclude them from being adept in the arcane arts. There are numerous examples of nord Magee and there have been Nords with the prowess to rival any mortal from a magical perspective.
  • luen79rwb17_ESO
    luen79rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can't wait for the big mystery reveal on the 25th " hey guys it's Hermaus Mora yeaaaar! I bet you didn't get it!!! Lolz" :lol:

Anyway! All I know it better have Spellcrafting, a new class, a new race or racials customization and of course a Nereid and Goblin companions!!!
    PC/DC/NAserver

V16 sorc - V16 temp - V16 dk - V1 nb - V1 temp - V1 dk
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The Nords have been portrayed as distrusting of magic and mages culturally in games like Skyrim. That does not does exclude them from being adept in the arcane arts. There are numerous examples of nord Magee and there have been Nords with the prowess to rival any mortal from a magical perspective.

Of course! As I said, individual Nords, as there are powerful mages of every race — there are always exceptions. But Nords as a whole are neither naturally nor culturally inclined to magic; I expect those inclined probably goes elsewhere to study, like the Mages Guild, or else are hedge mages. A Nord college of magic that could pose any threat to the Telvanni seems, IMHO, absurd.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MerguezMan wrote: »

Because the letter has an hidden symbol revealed under black light, the chapter would obviously set in Blacklight ?

As far as we know, 2023's feature could be an accurate version of Tamriel's map :smiley:

I’m missing something — what does blacklight have to do with the accuracy of Tamriel’s map?
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I’m missing something — what does blacklight have to do with the accuracy of Tamriel’s map?

Where the city of Blacklight should be located is currently being used by the Eastmarch zone on the ESO map
    Soupy twist
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree about "Blacklight". That is a little too indirect for ZOS. It is enough that they included a hidden message. The means by which it is rendered visible is more likely to be available options for printing the letter, not a hint regarding location.

As I understand it, the printing revealed by the black light was faintly visible without it, and that is why they were looking to find out what it was. From what I heard. (I did not get a letter. I doubt they sent a letter to anyone outside of their stream team community. They certainly won't send one to a disgruntled and unpredictable forum person. :smile: )
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Of course! As I said, individual Nords, as there are powerful mages of every race — there are always exceptions. But Nords as a whole are neither naturally nor culturally inclined to magic; I expect those inclined probably goes elsewhere to study, like the Mages Guild, or else are hedge mages. A Nord college of magic that could pose any threat to the Telvanni seems, IMHO, absurd.

Weren't they inclined to frost magic at the very least in Oblivion? Also having a magic shield on demand seems pretty interesting. Not even starting on the Voice or one of the most progressive colleges of magical study, dragon priest legacy etc., they're less of a power fantasy mages and more of a mysticism kind of peeps as far as I see their portrayal for tes.
  • MerguezMan
    MerguezMan
    ✭✭✭✭
    fizl101 wrote: »

Where the city of Blacklight should be located is currently being used by the Eastmarch zone on the ESO map

More details in this thread https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/584379/i-fixed-the-map-now-its-zoss-turn
    Vylaera wrote: »
    map.gif

And this one, more specifically on Blacklight https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/459005/end-the-tyranny-of-eastmarch-annual-request-to-fix-the-map
    dXJKIPs.jpg?1

[EDIT] for some weird reason, the second thread link doesn't work, but you may find it with a simple search...
    Edited by MerguezMan on January 19, 2023 4:55PM
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ahhh, thank you, I was not familiar with that one! I would suggest it possible that it wasn’t yet built (unless lore already says otherwise), but given the precedent of cities from MUCH later TES games already existing in ESO, often in astonishingly similar form, it would be quite reasonable to expect the Redoran capital from Arena to exist as well!
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ahhh, thank you, I was not familiar with that one! I would suggest it possible that it wasn’t yet built (unless lore already says otherwise), but given the precedent of cities from MUCH later TES games already existing in ESO, often in astonishingly similar form, it would be quite reasonable to expect the Redoran capital from Arena to exist as well!

The way ZOS explained it is that the maps are like the lore. They are subject to the whims of an unreliable narrator, so while they are "canon" they may not necessarily be an accurate reflection of reality.
  • MajThorax
    MajThorax
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I mean...basically TES games are saving Nirn from Daedra....

I admit even if defeat they should have a larger impact on the world. Like zones changed forever, or cities destroyed etc, but if you hate the "Save the world from a Daedric prince schtick" maybe don't play TES games.

This concept works just fine in single player games. But when I enter a game full of heroes of Nirn, I kinda feel weird. I would like for once to be no one. Just a soldier, talking part in a common cause that fails in the end. So I beg devs to give me a story, in which I actually hate a daedric prince for killing a bunch of npc friends.

• Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Blacklight explicitly exists in ESO's time already on account of previous lore from TES5 and previous-Loremaster Lawrence Schick mentioning it in an interview. It's been bothering me a lot that the map has Eastmarch cover it up, so I am hoping that if it has to be Morrowind, it'll be Blacklight and the map gets fixed in the process.
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Seraphayel wrote: »
    Could "Leramil the Wise" be an anagram?

Leer with a smile

Bards :s
    PC EU
  • logan68
    logan68
    ✭✭✭
    I see we're saving the world for the...oh, what are we up to now...fourth or fifth time?

id love an expansion where the 3 banners war ended with winner holding the thrown
  • logan68
    logan68
    ✭✭✭
    Ooooh, Hermaeus Mora is one of the more interesting Daedric princes! ^^

not so much in skyrim none of the D. princes are all that great
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    logan68 wrote: »

id love an expansion where the 3 banners war ended with winner holding the thrown

I doubt we get to the age of Tiber Septim during the course of ESO.
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

As long as there's a compelling story I don't care whether we're saving the universe or the neighbour's cat.

I would like a quest to save a neighborhood cat just saying...🤔
  • Olauron
    Olauron
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I would like a quest to save a neighborhood cat just saying...🤔

Wasn't that the main plot of Elsweyr?
    The Three Storm Sharks, episode 8 released on january the 8th.
    One mer to rule them all,
    one mer to find them,
    One mer to bring them all
    and in the darkness bind them.
  • cyclonus11
    cyclonus11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Maybe we'll have Hermaeus Mora vs. Meridia, with Meridia being the antagonist this time :o
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Deter1UK wrote: »

Miraak?

Lore says he was imprisoned by Hermaeus Mora and freed himself, after gaining knowledge and power for centuries, in the 4th era . So in my opinion it would be strange if he'd pose a severe threat to him already in the 2nd. I'd assume he's not powerful enough yet.
    Maybe we can even meet Yagrum Bagarn although I don't know the time lines involved with all that. Not sure when he returned but it would be before corprus disease I'm assuming.

He's in Tamriel at the moment, still healthy and searching for hints on why his people disappeared.
    @Syldras | PC | EU
    The forceful expression of will gives true honor to the Ancestors.
    Sarayn Andrethi, Telvanni mage (Main)
    Darvasa Andrethi, his "I'm NOT a Necromancer!" sister
    Malacar Sunavarlas, Altmer Ayleid vampire
  • blktauna
    blktauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want to be a sload.
    PCNA
    PCEU