Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "The Road Ahead - May 1"

• pidden
    pidden
    Soul Shriven
    thanks alot
  • AryaWythers
    AryaWythers
    ✭✭✭
    So in order to receive the five free days that should be deserved to all that bought the game, people need to sign up for the re-occuring subscription....do you really care about how the players actually feel or just how much you can take from our wallets.

Doesn't seem like a very smart idea to not extend this to everyone that bought the game and had to suffer...but I'm sure you will find a whole bunch of un-happy campers once you go through with this shameful compensation to only those who are paying you.

The game was broken before launch and you made us all suffer not just those who continue to pay you for this extremely broken and frustrating game...to bad consumer affairs never get involved in this crooked industry.
    Edited by AryaWythers on May 1, 2014 5:35PM
  • Cydone
    Cydone
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is the official discussion thread for the blog article The Road Ahead - May 1. We hope you enjoyed getting a peek into the future for ESO!

Too bad there's still nothing about making PvP'ing a viable way to level your character. Still not re-subbing.
  • birdeye
    birdeye
    ✭✭
    I really hope they come up on the amount of xp you get from dungeons currently it makes more sense to quest that to do group content or pvp.
    Edited by birdeye on May 1, 2014 5:50PM
  • Halrloprillalar
    Halrloprillalar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So in order to receive the five free days that should be deserved to all that bought the game, people need to sign up for the re-occuring subscription....do you really care about how the players actually feel or just how much you can take from our wallets.

Doesn't seem like a very smart idea to not extend this to everyone that bought the game and had to suffer...but I'm sure you will find a whole bunch of un-happy campers once you go through with this shameful compensation to only those who are paying you.

The game was broken before launch and you made us all suffer not just those who continue to pay you for this extremely broken and frustrating game...to bad consumer affairs never get involved in this crooked industry.

TL;DR = lots of crying about... free stuff??? are you serious?

on another note.... SPELLCRAFTING>>>>> YES YES YES YES

shut up and take my money ZOS

Moderator Edit: Removed part of comment for attacking another user
    Edited by ZOS_JoanaL on May 1, 2014 9:39PM
  • kedz54
    kedz54
    ✭✭✭
    yuikami wrote: »
    Armor dye and tint, Emergerd yes please <3

This x 1000. I'm probably most excited for the grouping while in different phases aspect and the ability to dye (thank god!). PvP dungeon in Cyrodiil has me thoroughly intrigued. I've not had a game that engrossed me as well as ESO has since EQ1 and DAoC. Awesome work guys, just awesome :)

Dunmer Sorcerer
  • Sandhya
    Sandhya
    ✭✭✭
    Taid wrote: »
    100% Unimpressed. Since i played a lot of mmos in the past this is just our:

" We tell you now what you want to hear, plz ignore our major problems and Coredesign "

If they want to create their so called " BEST MMO EVER " they should stop trying to make everyone happy and create real competition. If they want their mmo to be serious and not just a Happy Fun Park where everyone get everything and HAPF PHUN and start to design this thing reasonable!

A mmo is not to be meant completed or played through. It has to live! if noone cares about your mmo, noone will create community content on a larger scale. Yes, i speak of youtube-chanels, i speak of twitch streams which become more and more popular. I speak of stuff that let the world know that someone happens in this Gameworld! but actually nothing happens here lol. Everyone has their little fun on its own and nothing what you do in this world change anything, neither for you nor for the community.

I want to see things that is good for the game in general, not for me as a player. I would like to see some specifc things that interest me personally sure, but overall i want to see things happen that makes this world a real breathing mmo. ( I wont drop the f2p bomb because i hate f2p and i would rather see eso die offline than switching to this filthy model )

The only thing that is relevant now is craglorn. If this changes nothing for the ingame-world and its popularity then this game will be forgotten within the next months. And a forgotten mmo is a dead mmo, no matter how shiny the company will release their numbers, they just dont matter.

You can whiteknight as much as you like and flame me for my bad english right now ( too much coffee ) but you will see in the future. Im offline till craglorn.

Tell me how a game like World of Warcraft is, in your eyes, a game world and setting where players have actual influence on the world. Indeed: they do not. They just run their instances and battlegrounds just like they do in ESO. Anything that is player-controlled, is done so in a monitored and controlled setting; ie a battleground, an instance, etc. Cyrodiil is the place to 'have influence' on the world. PvE is what it should be: PvE. In short: being able to really change the game world is NOT indicative of an MMO - it is actually indicative of a sandbox game. ESO has never claimed to be that, nor does it want to be that. YOU want ESO to be like that.

Internet popularity and twitch streams... really? I honestly don't care in the slightest about attention-craving nerds... Twitch is really not indicative of anything, all it says is that more people are recording their playtime - wooptiedoo. I just want to have a quality game experience, and if I want a game setting that is truly player controlled, I know I need to resort to titles such as EVE Online.
    Edited by Sandhya on May 1, 2014 6:02PM
  • martinhpb16_ESO
    martinhpb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks nice letter, looking forward to many of the updates, thieves guild ! yay

p.s. my last mmo would never have been this transparent or released this amount of new features.

At least the spelling is difficult for you.
    Hew's Bane*
  • robo26
    robo26
    ✭✭✭
    Sunver wrote: »
    ...And heres my plea to all players:
    Stop buying gold and items for real money!
    Try to achieve everything by yourself, dont feed cheaters and exploiters and they will disappear from the game! Its that simple!
    @sunver

Quite right! If there is no market for the gold sellers we won't see the bots. Please don't ever buy from the gold sellers, they have no morals and you are likely to have your credit card hacked for the fun of it.

Thanks again to ZOS for doing such a great job with ESO

• Slaunyeh
    Slaunyeh
    ✭✭✭
    My two primary concerns was not addressed, which makes me sad. What I would like to see is:

1) Improved grouping functionality. Right now it's really awkward to team up with friends and run normal content. I'm sure it's fine for dungeons, but for the rest of the world... not so much. This really should be #1, imho.

2) The ability to change appearance outside chargen! This might not be super critical, but it would be really nice. For a former City of Heroes player, it's pretty essential. ;)

(Secret bonus issue: More character slots! 8 isn't nearly enough :p)

But all the negativity aside, it sounds like some great additions, both for slow-poke altitis plagued players like me, and the guys who are already lots of veterans. Keep up the great work!

Here's to another month of ESO. ;)
    Edited by Slaunyeh on May 1, 2014 6:04PM
  • Xnemesis
    Xnemesis
    ✭✭✭✭
    Xenrae wrote: »
    Great news, and good ideas. Thank you for the five days, guys. We needed it.

Guild kiosks to the highest bidding guild? I really hope you don't mean that. My guild has 75 active players. We'll never compete with a guild that has 300. Make it cost, but don't make it impossible.

Can't wait for improved guild interface, and many other updates. Loving the game, loving the attention from Zeni. Keep up the good work.

Not to be mean but why would I as a consumer what to limit myself to the wares of 75 people when 300 people will have more than 3 times the stuff? If you want to get a kiosk you should have to pay for it.

also on a side note I would only let them bid with the money that their guild store has made in the past. It would kill two birds with one stone by justifying the current pointless goldsink and provide the guild stores with a wider market.
  • Taven
    Taven
    ✭✭✭
    This update has me SUPER excited. Keep up the good work!
  • Sanspoof
    Sanspoof
    ✭✭✭
    lorddarcek wrote: »
    YIKES
    Armor dyeing and tinting

Oh well, guess you got to please the Wow crowd out there.
    Pleasing the WoW crowd by adding a feature WoW doesn't have, yes.

• cf398ub17_ESO
    cf398ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    well i think i just found one more reason to keep my subscription going
  • AryaWythers
    AryaWythers
    ✭✭✭

TL;DR = lots of crying about... free stuff??? are you serious? what a whiney little b**ch

on another note.... SPELLCRAFTING>>>>> YES YES YES YES

shut up and take my money ZOS

Just another pillar of the intelligent internet community that will try to personally insult than to come up with some real thought...KEEP INSULTING PEOPLE THOUGH.

Not FREE when they do it to compensate for a broken product that people pay for...and yet again have to PAY for by subbing...classy business sense Zeni.

I know you have your hand in my pocket Zeni and that is just a roll of quarters because I'm not that happy to see you...sorry for the awkward moment ;)

Any more names you want to call me tough guy?
    Edited by AryaWythers on May 1, 2014 6:21PM
  • aneova_ESO
    aneova_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I'd like to be able to make Jewelry, all these items are a little meh right now, i think they need some lovin.
  • Kilara
    Kilara
    ✭✭
    jesus - so much whining....!

somehow i feel it doesn't matter what ZOS do, some people are only happy when they've got something to be unhappy about...

I am super excited about the upcoming features, and am impressed by the amount of communication coming from the devs. this would have been totally unheard of in my last mmo(s).

anyways, thumbs up from me!
  • Taid
    Taid
    ✭✭
    Sandhya wrote: »
    Taid wrote: »
    100% Unimpressed. Since i played a lot of mmos in the past this is just our:

" We tell you now what you want to hear, plz ignore our major problems and Coredesign "

If they want to create their so called " BEST MMO EVER " they should stop trying to make everyone happy and create real competition. If they want their mmo to be serious and not just a Happy Fun Park where everyone get everything and HAPF PHUN and start to design this thing reasonable!

A mmo is not to be meant completed or played through. It has to live! if noone cares about your mmo, noone will create community content on a larger scale. Yes, i speak of youtube-chanels, i speak of twitch streams which become more and more popular. I speak of stuff that let the world know that someone happens in this Gameworld! but actually nothing happens here lol. Everyone has their little fun on its own and nothing what you do in this world change anything, neither for you nor for the community.

I want to see things that is good for the game in general, not for me as a player. I would like to see some specifc things that interest me personally sure, but overall i want to see things happen that makes this world a real breathing mmo. ( I wont drop the f2p bomb because i hate f2p and i would rather see eso die offline than switching to this filthy model )

The only thing that is relevant now is craglorn. If this changes nothing for the ingame-world and its popularity then this game will be forgotten within the next months. And a forgotten mmo is a dead mmo, no matter how shiny the company will release their numbers, they just dont matter.

You can whiteknight as much as you like and flame me for my bad english right now ( too much coffee ) but you will see in the future. Im offline till craglorn.

Tell me how a game like World of Warcraft is, in your eyes, a game world and setting where players have actual influence on the world. Indeed: they do not. They just run their instances and battlegrounds just like they do in ESO. Anything that is player-controlled, is done so in a monitored and controlled setting; ie a battleground, an instance, etc. Cyrodiil is the place to 'have influence' on the world. PvE is what it should be: PvE. In short: being able to really change the game world is NOT indicative of an MMO - it is actually indicative of a sandbox game. ESO has never claimed to be that, nor does it want to be that. YOU want ESO to be like that.

Internet popularity and twitch streams... really? I honestly don't care in the slightest about attention-craving nerds... Twitch is really not indicative of anything, all it says is that more people are recording their playtime - wooptiedoo. I just want to have a quality game experience, and if I want a game setting that is truly player controlled, I know I need to resort to titles such as EVE Online.

blabla whiteknight blabla. I never mention WoW in any case, i never spoke of real ingame environmentchanges, but of the meta game between people. Dont tell me what you think that i want.

Yep and noone cares that you dont care about internetpopularity. Yes Twitch is indeed indicative for SOME thing, you said it. What you think why these people record their playtime? why do people make video channels like tamriel foundry or all the other guys which are even mentioned in the official ESO-report. Because they think its worth to sacrifice time in order to make a specific game poplular. And if they get enough fans that indicates that a general attention for this game is existent. Ofc they also do it for money, but srsly thats the world moves around.

I like eve, but has nothing to do with the case. YOu think to stiff about my post, maybe because my english is a bit rusty. Its about that something happens between the players! not between the hard ingameenvironment like zones or frontlines.

Try to google in general, or check youtube or any site right now and think about what a customer might think when he see the results. Yes the common customer between 16 and 24 might think "lol, this game is dead, noone gives a ***" >> zero attention. Maybe YOU dont give a *** about these target grp, but the company, because these are the people who are pupils and students, they are young, they have energy and time, these people have time to make this game more public for other people, just check other mmos. More Attention means customer, customer means money and feedback >> and that leads to constant change to become a real good mmo. No attention > dead. And thats bad not only for the company but also for its players. And right now im still counting myself as a player.

You know the old saying.....Neither a Troll, nor a Fanboy be? :o

RUBBISH!

Without Trolls and Fanboys, how could we ever be able to sell anything? :#
  • Bscott0905b14_ESO
    This is a very small feature, but I'd like to see this implemented. The ability to modify your characters appearance in game. Hair cuts, or maybe you want to shed some weight.
  • amanfr01
    amanfr01
    "A justice system—steal from and kill NPCs and deal with the consequences if you are caught"

Now we're talking :D
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, I'm super excited about a lot of the things in that list. Of course, there are some other things that don't interest me much on there, and other things that i would have liked to see on the list which aren't there.

Because I'm an adult, though, I understand that this game isn't made just for me and inevitably it won't be tailored specifically to what I want it to be, so I'm OK with that. I also understand that not every feature/fix/whatever will be developed right away, and that this should be seen as a continuous process rather than "everything should be perfect right now." Sadly, there seem to be a lot of people who don't understand those concepts (although I'm pleased to see that in this thread they seem to be vastly outnumbered by people happy about this announcement).
    I do have one big beef with crafting. Woodworking is terribly nerfed from the get go as I am only lvl 5 in that craft yet my provisioning and Alchemy are both above 20 because they have mats available to craft stuff. Woodworking does not.

Realistically if I harvest 100 wood I should get more than a few Improvement items to use and be able to not just craft stuff but also be able to improve items...but no even with one point in extraction I go from 1% rate to 4% extraction and I have to wait almost 20 lvls of crafting to be able to put another point into extraction.

It is like I have to keep harvesting non-stop to get enuf mats to make a decent staff or bow or shield...sure i can make junk ones but with no improvement mats to improve the stuff why keep making junk that nobody can or will buy because it is just that JUNK. You increse your skill faster making improved stuff...junk stuff gives less exp....really I don't want to spend a year getting my woodworking to cap?
    You're doing it wrong. I don't mean this in the "u sux noob" sense, I mean it in the literal sense that the way you're describing your attempts to level woodworking shows that you're going about it in the slowest way possible.

Woodworking (and blacksmithing and clothing) works very differently than provisioning and alchemy, and if you try to use the same methods to level them you'll just be frustrated (as you are). For the 3 crafts I've listed, the way to level them efficiently is not by finding materials and crafting things - that will get you some experience, but very little.

The way you level those crafts is by deconstructing items. When you get weapon and gear drops, don't sell them - deconstruct them. If you keep doing that you'll level those crafts quite quickly (not as quickly as provisioning, which seems to be by far the easiest craft to level), and you'll also get materials from the items you deconstruct (not always - you've got a chance to get them with each item you deconstruct). That's how I get most of my tempers and gems for traits (the rest come from hirelings or from transforming raw materials into usable materials).

Hope this helps.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • Cimos
    Cimos
    ✭✭✭
    Cydone wrote: »
    This is the official discussion thread for the blog article The Road Ahead - May 1. We hope you enjoyed getting a peek into the future for ESO!

Too bad there's still nothing about making PvP'ing a viable way to level your character. Still not re-subbing.
    Join a low pop faction campaign.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Everyone, don't forget that there are other things we're working on that Matt did not list. That was just a sneak peek of some features that are actively being developed. :)
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Pixie123
    Pixie123
    so awesome! Im so excited!!! :D
  • bullerwjb16_ESO
    I do QA for an enterprise level software company so I understand the effort involved. I'm very impressed with the approach and level of effort the developers have shown from the get go. I will not likely get a tan this year!
    An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backwards. Big whoop. I'm spooning a Barrett 50 Cal; I could kill a building!
  • Sayura
    Sayura
    ✭✭✭
    Everyone, don't forget that there are other things we're working on that Matt did not list. That was just a sneak peek of some features that are actively being developed. :)

So excited for the new stuff and hope housing is one not listed! ;)
  • dulcetlyra
    yyyEEEEEESSSSSSS TG AND DBH
  • Naguur86
    Naguur86
    ✭✭✭

Aehm, where was said that you need an active subscription to get those five days? There was one quote from a CS guy in this thread I believe saying that you only need to have an active account since a specific date or have I missed anything? I know there were people here saying that you need a subscription but where did this information come from?

Also i'm not very sure if the amount of 2,20€ is worth all the trouble here. It's a nice gesture from Zenimax to do so for the extended maintenance times but not more. I mean, counting tomorrow with a maintenance lasting 4 hours there will be 4 days where the servers were offline for like 5% of the time. This may be a big deal in the industry because there it is actual money getting down the drain, surely more than 2,20€. Nevertheless, I get that this is annoying, I was annoyed too but thinking about it abjectively it is really not a big deal. Well thats my opinion on this.

Edited by Naguur86 on May 1, 2014 6:47PM
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Surprised no one is mentioning

Imperial City PvP Dungeon

• AryaWythers
    AryaWythers
    ✭✭✭
    Naguur86 wrote: »

Aehm, where was said that you need an active subscription to get those five days? There was one quote from a CS guy in this thread I believe saying that you only need to have an active account since a specific date or have I missed anything? I know there were people here saying that you need a subscription but where did this information come from?

Also i'm not very sure if the amount of 2,20€ is worth all the trouble here. It's a nice gesture from Zenimax to do so for the extended maintenance times but not more. I mean, counting tomorrow with a maintenance lasting 4 hours there will be 4 days where the servers were offline for like 5% of the time. This may be a big deal in the industry because there it is actual money getting down the drain, surely more than 2,20€. Nevertheless, I get that this is annoying, I was annoyed too but thinking about it abjectively it is really not a big deal. Well thats my opinion on this.

Well why put any kind of time to get sub if it just goes to those who activated the game? And then talk about THOSE loyal who stood by them?

I just came on forums read threads that questioned it, read the Dev thread myself and came to the same conclusion...since ZoS hasn't clarified on these threads, I believe them and what I read.

If this isn't the case can we have some clarification please?

Edited by AryaWythers on May 1, 2014 6:59PM