The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "The Road Ahead - May 1"

• nicholas.chinnpreub18_ESO
    Love love love this!
    Together we are, a power force, as one mind, body and soul.
    But no evil will enter, or attempt to reduce us, because of the beliefs we hold.
    And with the love, combined with our strength, we ward of pain and stress.
    Devoted we are, wholeheartedly, in life, and in death.

-The children of your rivals, holding guns while reading bibles.
  • demonlkojipub19_ESO
    demonlkojipub19_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Much awesomeness here. The future craglorn update and the future updates passed 1.1 are so awesome. I cant wait for all that stuff to hit. Spell crafting, improved crafting, improved overall guild interface, Dark Brotherhood! And the auto-leveling dungeons sounds real nice too, if it is what I think it is (if it isn't forced that is ;)).

The 5 days added to our 30 free days is very good too. Maybe people will stop complaining about downtimes now, especially since it gets stuff fixed!
    Edited by demonlkojipub19_ESO on May 1, 2014 3:16PM
  • StylisedFatalism
    StylisedFatalism
    Soul Shriven
    LonePirate wrote: »
    Why are ZOS VIPs hosting an AMA on Reddit instead of hosting one here where they could interact with actual paying customers and possibly address the mountain of questions and problems current players are experiencing? There should be a daily AMA on the official forums. It would help foster some goodwill with the player base that has become frustrated by the mountains of issues and the ineffective customer support system.

Because these forums are horrendous?

• Samiri
    Samiri
    ✭✭✭
    Very nice updates :)
    Thank you for the 5 days, it was needed.
  • xramirez535b14_ESO
    So glad they mentioned phasing, this is what's bugging me the most. Didn't buy ESO to play completely solo. Hope it gets resolved sooner than later but the fact that they mentioned it gives me relief!
  • lorddarcek
    YIKES
    Armor dyeing and tinting
    WOOT
    Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood story line and quests.

Oh well, guess you got to please the Wow crowd out there.

As for me,the strong suit of ESO is story,voice acting ,more content to chew on.
    Of c there's ton now,but some of us are here mainly for that.

So feel free to keep adding trash to this nice game for wow folks.

As for me I will just stop my subscription when i run out of content.

Im willing to pay subscription as long as I have new story's to find new people to meet etc...

P.S. all this wow theme park dungeons where we have to be a role ,like tank.healer etc sux..what i love bout eso is the freedom to chose my own path in skill choosing not sticking strictly to one roll,as dictated by wow fannboys running dungeons out there,so no excitement for those group areas,hanging out with dushes will sux,thou with my guild might be nice option to have..
    Yes I know this is an MMO,unfortunately for me,the mmo side of eso for me is total fail..community sux,trolls,kids and gold spammers galore..be afraid to chat in zone cause day later spammers will bomb your mail,or troll people will insult you.

I love the uniqueness of eso,its like an enhanced single player game,with chat and friends to share experiences,love guild stores for selling stuff also unique..

What about people exploiting game mechanics? those selling werewolves and vamp bites for private gain?

What about Enlarging ignore list(unlimited amount be nice instead current 100,we got 5 mil peeps out there,or more..)
    Edited by lorddarcek on May 1, 2014 3:36PM
    Can someone explain what this sentence is trying to get across?

"guild stores open to everyone that are available to the highest-bidding guild."
  • Crumpy
    Crumpy
    ✭✭✭✭
    That's a nice list :D !!
    I lyke not this quill.
  • HashxBrowns
    HashxBrowns
    Soul Shriven
    Armor dying and a justice system heck yesss!!!!
  • Jogi1
    Jogi1
    ✭✭
    Waiting for the new updates like a mad, Darkbrotherhood, Thiefsguild, 5 days extra, spellcrafting. It's going to be another Christmas :smile:
    Edited by Jogi1 on May 1, 2014 3:32PM
    "Anon us most soon again, for sooth."
    Lord Rugdumph gro-Shurgak
  • The_Lady_Yin
    The_Lady_Yin
    ✭✭
    And here I thought I'd be playing for at least a few years. Now I *know* I'll be playing for the rest of my life!
  • Theonus
    Theonus
    Any plans to not make me get booted out of the game every half hour before adding more bells and whistles to this broken piece of crap excuse for a game?
  • atulous
    atulous
    Soul Shriven
    I think it'd be cool if some d-bag runs in trying to kill npc in a town or something, he would become hostile for players too and you'd get dome sort of reward for killing him.
  • mitch_1991_05rwb17_ESO
    sweet, cool stuff i cant wait. im only sad you didnt mention player housing tho :(
  • Azzuria
    Azzuria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Entire barrels full of Awesome Sauce. Love it.

Just one thing, though... player questionaires to help segregate populations. You know, let those who want to focus on RP be in the same phase with like-minded folks.

If you could do that by Tuesday, that'd be great.
    Brunhilda Icehammer - Nord Dragonknight, 'Smith & Enchantress 'What is 'ranged? I need to hit something!!'
    Laehl Direthorn - Bosmer Nightblade, Purveyor of fine Clothes, Bows and Staves
    Reeza gra-Zuni - Orc Templar 'War Shaman' and Apothecary
    Noemi Snowpaw - Kajiit Dragon Knight - I laugh... or I'd have to kill you.
    Kitera Dreamon - Breton of The Dominion: Because those Daggers don't appreciate a great Mage.
    Lysara Shadowcroft - Dunmer Bloodmage: This will only hurt a lot.
  • redwoodtreesprite
    redwoodtreesprite
    ✭✭✭
    Horse races in a game with bad lag and loading issues? Gonna be a problem.

"I won, I saw it clearly!" "No, you were way behind me."

Races had better be in a special interior cell.
  • atulous
    atulous
    Soul Shriven
    As I read through the list of upcoming changes, I was struck by how many of them I've seen as requests by many "negative" reviewers and commenters all over the place. The fact that Zenimax is actually listening to everyone, not just the people who love the game, should be heartening to the community at large.

I think these kind of posts show that they are listening and that they are working hard to make ESO the best it can be. Is it going to be fast enough for some people? No, but I, for one, am in this in the long haul and I truly believe that this game will provide countless hour of entertainment far, far into the future.

Keep up the good work, Zenimax! And, please, please know that in the endless waves of negativity crashing upon your shore, there are many of us out there that truly love what you've created and will continue to do so far into the future!
    Took the words right out of my mouth!

• Gravord
    Gravord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All great but avoiding adress most game breaking abilities: Bat Swarm, Mist, Bolt Escape make you loose pvp players rapidly.

Bat Swarm: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hb9NlqRfCH4

Mist: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Kc2ehFqcyI

Bolt Escape: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPR7oUbG0IM

Its little slice of how this broken abilties working in pvp and they should have no place in balanced pvp system.
  • Sandhya
    Sandhya
    ✭✭✭
    Very ambitious and interesting feature list, really hoping to see a successful implementation of all these things.

So far I am quite satisfied on the way ZOS is handling things. Promising updates, a first content update shortly after launch, compensation for lost game time... good work!
  • Stanley
    Stanley
    ✭✭
    This is enough for me to reinstate my 6 month sub.
  • robo26
    robo26
    ✭✭✭
    Excellent! Really looking forward to the new content and thanks for all your hard work to keep the game bug free and bot free :)
  • Muletide
    Muletide
    ✭✭✭
    I already enjoy this game tremendously, but this just bolsters my support for it. The developer's reaction to both positive and negative feedback coupled with their outlook and belief in their product... THIS is why I have no buyer's remorse investing a little more for the Imperial pre-order and a multi month subscription. I'm really digging the traditional ES/MMO hybrid game model and can't with to see how it evolves.
  • ozhawk4ub17_ESO
    ozhawk4ub17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Love the idea of the justice system, Thief's Guild & Dark Brotherhood quest lines and Spell Crafting!! I know it takes time to get the fixes done but keep up the good work. I love the potential evolution of the game that I'm seeing so far.

An idea for future updates: Allow Guilds to build keeps/townhalls or something to that effect. It could even be in an open PVP area so guilds could have open conflict and siege each other. Or when a guild claims a keep in Cyrodiil, then it gives them some perk that they would want to defend it even more. You get bonus AP for defending it, etc. Players would take a greater ownership of the keep and be willing to spend more time PVP'ng.
    Edited by ozhawk4ub17_ESO on May 1, 2014 3:59PM
  • Firmament
    Firmament
    ✭✭
    Imperial city! So many good stuff. That warms my heart. There are much more positive points than negative atm for me. Thank you! <3
  • Dovel
    Dovel
    ✭✭✭
    Lots of great things on that list! Looking forward to everything! Well done.
  • Delte
    Delte
    ✭✭✭
    Nice to see what we can expect ahead and for the next large patch.
    Loving the game so far and I think the team at Zenimax Online have done a really difficult job of bringing the Elder Scrolls to a multiplayer platform, and made a beautiful game.

Now where are the poisons in alchemy ?
  • Perseas
    Perseas
    ✭✭✭
    No economy for those who dont wish to join guilds.
  • Runie
    Runie
    Gravord wrote: »
    All great but avoiding adress most game breaking abilities: Bat Swarm, Mist, Bolt Escape make you loose pvp players rapidly.

Bat Swarm: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hb9NlqRfCH4

Mist: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Kc2ehFqcyI

Bolt Escape: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPR7oUbG0IM

Its little slice of how this broken abilties working in pvp and they should have no place in balanced pvp system.

What he said.....
  • Novastorm
    Novastorm
    I like the sound of everything that I read so far and hope to see more things in the future to come. I would love to see what spellcrafting is, if it what I think it is and if so I definitely want to try it.
  • Bethiriel
    Bethiriel
    "A system that allows grouped players to see each other even when they’re in different phases"

Wow... so eventually you'll be able to help a friend with a quest that you've already completed (i.e. do something that a player can rightfully expect from a game that is advertised as an MMO?).

GJ.