Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "The Road Ahead - May 1"

• Sassyvixen70b14_ESO
    I personally would love to see housing added.
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All Im seeing:

Group content
    Large guild content
    PvP
    Fluff
    "If you want to solo or duo despite us claiming its a valid form of play go pvp or level alts or quit at vr10 because we arent adding content for you"
  • Kai.Tapperpeb18_ESO
    Kai.Tapperpeb18_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Very greatful for the list indeed! I'm getting Excited now! Dying, Underdog, Balance, Death Recap, EVERYTHING! One thing i would want you to add is: More interactives. i want to be able to sit on a certain chair, or sleep in a bed, pour beer from a keg etc. i Speak for all Lazy Rp'ers when saying this, it's a small detail, but it does so much. When you reach max lvl and are tired of PvP etc and you want something to do. RP is Ideal. Pls Zenimax, for the sake of our children <3
  • Feisty
    Feisty
    I must say, was a bit sceptical after eso launch. But it seems that devs are really listening to the people now and that is much appreciated. Keep up the good work! :D
  • Ericthered1
    This is totally awesome. Thank your team for all the hard work you guys have been doing. It has been much appreciated, and I for one, cannot wait for the road ahead!
  • dkp1998
    dkp1998
    As someone who hates recurring subscriptions I have a tendency to create a subscription for a month then cancel it as soon as my game time is added. As a result of me cancelling my initial subscription despite the fact I have every intention of renewing it I did not get my 5 extra days. Not sure if this is intentional or not. But this really irks me if it is. Would love to see some customer service rep respond to this or contact me. Beyond that everything in this article has me extremely happy and excited.
    Edit: so I just got my email from ZoS with my game time I guess they were just waiting to send the emails. :smile:
    Edited by dkp1998 on May 3, 2014 3:18PM
  • AryaWythers
    AryaWythers
    ✭✭✭

Just another pillar of the intelligent internet community that will try to personally insult than to come up with some real thought...KEEP INSULTING PEOPLE THOUGH.

Not FREE when they do it to compensate for a broken product that people pay for...and yet again have to PAY for by subbing...classy business sense Zeni.

I know you have your hand in my pocket Zeni and that is just a roll of quarters because I'm not that happy to see you...sorry for the awkward moment ;)

Any more names you want to call me tough guy?

Firstly: you bought the game knowing full well that it's an MMO and requires subscription.
    Secondly, yes, while there were bugs and downtime (who knew fixing bugs requires downtime??) but the included 30 day game time WAS free: re-read the fine script, the money was put back into your account within several days, it was only to verify the credit card. And now there is yet another free 5 days to make up for the said downtime.

I don't think I've ever seen another company do the free playtime to make up for downtime, ever. And yet, here we are, people complaining that they want EVEN MORE free stuff.

To ZOS: the lesson is that people will never stop complaining.

To everyone happy with this SOTG post and the upcoming changes: ... *highfive*

To you, @AryaWythers‌, whoever you are: I do not feel obliged to apologize for my opinion. Your complaints are baseless, and you annoy me. You are entitled to your deluded opinion, however, and I wish you luck in other games.

Lol...cool down there. If you want to come here and get fired up at people you disagree then maybe you need to take a brake. You like to insult people who you disagree with and your temper suggest there are probably other issues at work here also.

You don't have to like my opinion but to call me names is something a little kid does, so grow up and just state your opinion and stop insulting people in accordance to the ToS please.

Edited by AryaWythers on May 1, 2014 8:57PM
  • Xaei
    Xaei
    ✭✭✭
    If you cut out every possible cause for griefing, you may as well delete the game. It's a MMO, the actions of other players will affect your experience, whether that be good or bad.

They could make NPCs instanced for it anyways.

The updates are amazing and truly what the game needs, but I fear it's too late and the damage has been done.

They need to really act fast, the clock is ticking.
  • Rosamond
    Rosamond
    ✭✭
    Sad to say, the list of current and future improvements does not impress me other than the fact that far and away, the biggest share of changes related to dungeons, groups and player vs player. None of those things interest me. I am a crafter, and I don't care to group or join guilds although I have had to do just that in an attempt to sell my goods. And it has worked VERY badly.

There are two issues that interest me:
    1. the lack of bag space, bank space and storage for our inventory, and
    2. a public AH, broker, or other means to sell that does not require me to join a guild.

These two items are critical to the game and have been mentioned in countless threads in these forums, and yet there is NO mention of them in this road map. If you ARE listening, it must not be to these forums. A recent poll in the Crafting Discussion is showing that 60% of the crafters polled want a public AH.

Frankly, I don't give a damn what the reviewers say about this game, good or bad. Your customers are here posting things in the forums, and if you are listening to them, there ought to be some mention of these basic items. If you have decided not to include them in this game, I would like some explanation why instead of being stonewalled.

It is very nice of you to give us extra game time , and there are many fine things I can say about the game. But these two critical matters must be addressed, and seeing no mention of them in your game plan makes me discouraged and upset. I hope that you plan to add some things to your game plan and if so, that you will mention what you plan to do --or not do-- in regards to these two issues.
  • Niberion
    Niberion
    ✭✭✭
    Gravord wrote: »
    All great but avoiding adress most game breaking abilities: Bat Swarm, Mist, Bolt Escape make you loose pvp players rapidly.

Bat Swarm: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hb9NlqRfCH4

Mist: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Kc2ehFqcyI

Bolt Escape: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPR7oUbG0IM

Its little slice of how this broken abilties working in pvp and they should have no place in balanced pvp system.

+1!

Bat Swarm "spam" already broke all fun on PvP, also after AoE cap release many ppl quit from this game
  • Rotherhans
    Rotherhans
    ✭✭✭
    Very extensive list, very impressive. :D
    Now let´s see when and how you will deliver and I do hope you can.
    “I'm not going out of my way looking for devils;
    but I wouldn't step out of my path to let one go by.”― Robert E. Howard
  • nudel
    nudel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crescent wrote: »
    Killing and stealing from NPC's that other players interact with as well has incredible potential for griefing....

You've already made the game antisocial by having overworld chests and material nodes that other players can steal right away from you, why would you add another layer in which other players can negatively interfere with your game experience?

Armor dyes and spellcrafting sounds good.

And fix Werewolf it is a terrible line.

@Crescent‌ Not if the killing is phased to the player doing the killing. There are already examples of this in the game now which I mentioned earlier in this thread.
    Edited by nudel on May 1, 2014 9:06PM
  • Taid
    Taid
    ✭✭
    Sakiri wrote: »
    All Im seeing:

Group content
    Large guild content
    PvP
    Fluff
    "If you want to solo or duo despite us claiming its a valid form of play go pvp or level alts or quit at vr10 because we arent adding content for you"

You know the WHOLE STATUS QUO IS SOLO OR DUO right? Its more singleplayer than anything and you really cry for more solo content? Do you really think this game needs after questing TEN VET LEVELS even more Solocontent? OK! your a hard one. Please give me examples. you have my full attention bro!
    You know the old saying.....Neither a Troll, nor a Fanboy be? :o

RUBBISH!

Without Trolls and Fanboys, how could we ever be able to sell anything? :#
  • Ghostbane
    Ghostbane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Dark Brotherhood questline? YES.

Imperial City PvP dungeon!? YES. YES. YES.
    {★★★★★ · ★★★★★ · ★★ · ★★★★★}
    350m+ AP PC - EU
    AD :: Imported Waffles [37]EP :: Wee ee ee ee ee [16]DC :: Ghostbane's DK [16], Impending Loadscreen [12]PC - NA
    AD :: Ghostbane [50], yer ma [43], Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 2.0 [18], robotic baby legs [18]EP :: Wee Mad Arthur [50], avast ye buttcrackz [49], Sir Horace Foghorn [27], Brother Ballbag [24], Scatman John [16]DC :: W T B Waffles [36], Morale Boost [30], W T F Waffles [17], Ghostbanë [15]RIPAD :: Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 1.0 [20]
    Addons
  • Ghostbane
    Ghostbane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Is there any roadmap or speculation on an upgrade/option for a 64bit mac client? Would super help not crashing during PvP!
    {★★★★★ · ★★★★★ · ★★ · ★★★★★}
    350m+ AP PC - EU
    AD :: Imported Waffles [37]EP :: Wee ee ee ee ee [16]DC :: Ghostbane's DK [16], Impending Loadscreen [12]PC - NA
    AD :: Ghostbane [50], yer ma [43], Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 2.0 [18], robotic baby legs [18]EP :: Wee Mad Arthur [50], avast ye buttcrackz [49], Sir Horace Foghorn [27], Brother Ballbag [24], Scatman John [16]DC :: W T B Waffles [36], Morale Boost [30], W T F Waffles [17], Ghostbanë [15]RIPAD :: Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 1.0 [20]
    Addons
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @rosamond, they have no ah to force you into guilds. They want this to be a guild centric game.

Despite:
    Selling to guildies has been taboo in every game, every guild Ive ever been in for over 10 years
    Guilds in this game mostly serve as trade cartels and there is little to no feeling of guild identity. When a small guild has no bank or even a way to get a name out outside spamming /zone, theres not really a feeling of identity. Since you can join 5, any method of representing any of your guilds doesnt feel good either. Theres no guild loyalty, especially with trade guilds.

Back in the day, seeing a guild name over a helpful person often prompted me to ask about or join that guild. No such system here.

And Im still not a fan of "mmorpg just means you have many people in your worldspace" and not forcing group content but then ALL YHEY ADD IS GROUP CONTENT.
  • uakrongrad
    uakrongrad
    Soul Shriven
    keep up the good work! We're all rooting for ya!

• Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Taid wrote: »
    All Im seeing:

Group content
    Large guild content
    PvP
    Fluff

You know the WHOLE STATUS QUO IS SOLO OR DUO right? Its more singleplayer than anything and you really cry for more solo content? Do you really think this game needs after questing TEN VET LEVELS even more Solocontent? OK! your a hard one. Please give me examples. you have my full attention bro!
    just because you chose to solo your way there doesnt mean they shouldnt have anything for those that prefer that method of play to do.

Or do you think were all casual scrubs thatll take until next year to get there or something?
  • Chomppa
    Chomppa
    ✭✭✭
    Crescent wrote: »
    Killing and stealing from NPC's that other players interact with as well has incredible potential for griefing....

You've already made the game antisocial by having overworld chests and material nodes that other players can steal right away from you, why would you add another layer in which other players can negatively interfere with your game experience?

Armor dyes and spellcrafting sounds good.

And fix Werewolf it is a terrible line.

Yeah killing NPC's is gonna make a mess out of this game , it's bad enough when people are camping spawns then there's this . Oh and I'm happy for dyes .

:):D:(;):\:o:s:p:'(:|B):#o:)<3 (*) >:)
  • Taid
    Taid
    ✭✭
    Taid wrote: »
    All Im seeing:

Group content
    Large guild content
    PvP
    Fluff

just because you chose to solo your way there doesnt mean they shouldnt have anything for those that prefer that method of play to do.

Or do you think were all casual scrubs thatll take until next year to get there or something?

oh boy oh boy......
    You know the old saying.....Neither a Troll, nor a Fanboy be? :o

RUBBISH!

Without Trolls and Fanboys, how could we ever be able to sell anything? :#
  • Inkedbettie
    Inkedbettie
    ✭✭
    This is wonderful. Keep it going. I am grateful for a company that listens to folks that are playing the game/paying for the game. Thanks for giving me a reason to say take my money!
  • MBanister71b14_ESO
    MBanister71b14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I am impressed that they are even talking to us in the first place. There have been many MMOs that I have played that doesn't always happen and when it does, they give out very little of what they are fixing, but throwing bone to placate the masses. I give them kudos for giving us something more than just bone to think about, but taking accountability for what they need to do. Responsibility is when they make it happen and I'm glad that they don't have a date set. Too many times, I have been disappointed in a company that says they have the date and it will be ready, only to have it fall short and pushed back a month or two. The Strongholds Content for SWToR is one such content that is being pushed back. I can hope when they get the update ready to go, they will give us a date that they will not push back because something went wrong and threw everything out of sync. That would really suck in my opinion.

As far as the rest of the "Road Ahead" article, I am happy to hear that they are working on things and that they are stating them, though vaguely in some cases. It's difficult to make a list of everything that is wrong and that would take a long time to write and then implement a fix that would work. I already understand the work that the programmers have to do to fix problems and find the bugs and that is no easy task along with creating new content and implementing them can be a horrendous undertaking. I do have confidence that it will be taken care of and as long as they keep us informed and stay true to their word, I won't have any problems. If they don't, well, that's a story for another day.

As for the EU players, I can understand their frustrations about the Servers not being able to be relocated to Europe and for that, I do hope ZOS can give them a more stable date of when that will be happening soon. I can understand how long transferring server locations can be and how brutal that can be on player. I remember how Turbine did it and somehow they still couldn't get them online for another week. I hope that doesn't happen to the EU players and maybe the reason why they are a little reluctant to move servers at the moment. Proper compensation can handle that though of the loss of time while the server is in transit and for any other unforeseen issues that may come up.

As far as the other stuff that is not related to the more important game balances, bug fixes, and other issues that are far more important, cosmetics, such as housing and other items that I deem low priority, they can wait. I am not saying new Guild implementations is low priority, I feel those are just as important as bug fixes, it's the complaining for housing and cosmetics to the game are not as important and should be waited on until the other more major and important issues are handled first. The game is almost a month out of release and the gate is still open to see how things will go. I am sure they will take that those into consideration once the dust settles and they a clearer and more defined road of what is going on. Until then, I would rather see what is clearly broken fixed and stable as much as they can make it and go from there.

So, until I am given a reason to /ragequit this game, I will hang around and see what happens. I love the concept and hope they can refine even further as time goes on. The "Point and click me to death" games are getting tiresome and I would like something new that will give me a challenge. Thus far, this seems to do the trick for now. I'll just have to wait and see how things go from here.
  • NordJitsu
    NordJitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Romtim wrote: »
    Please add duels. I want to compete with friends and other people, test different builds, and so on. There are many reasons to add a duel system and it is easy to implement. Thanks.

Agreed. Every time they say no duels or no plans for duels, it hurts me in the depths of my soul.
    @NordJitsu - Guild Master (Main Character = Hlaalu Idas)
    GREAT HOUSE HLAALU
  • Inkedbettie
    Inkedbettie
    ✭✭
    I forgot to add, I want NPC to be able to react to what you're doing. Like defend themselves or spawn additional guards, etc. One of my all time favorite things an MMO did was in SWG, you would /blow kiss or /hug a stormtrooper and they'd fine you. If you did it again they would knock you unconscious and take some money lol
  • Reymas
    Reymas
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno‌ Good guy Matt strikes again! Great, sincere and genuine post, thank you for sharing Gina!

I am saddened to see lack of mention of a mentor system or dueling but I am holding out hope that there are longer-term plans for each!

The guild kiosks sound pretty freaking awesome and I'm very interested to see how the justice system is worked out. Steal from all the houses now guys! Soon it won't be so easy! Haha!

Spellcrafting is something that both excites and frightens me. With the skill-system they've set up this seems risky. I can see it working if you craft a spell as a one-shot scroll that you put in your Q slot like a potion or treasure map, but actually crafting skill-slotted spells seems like it would either be A. too limiting to matter or B. too imbalanced to be fair. IDK I have high hopes for it but man it's a pretty scary prospect.

Love the idea of the horse racing and PvE arena but for the love of all that is RP and QOL we so need dueling and mentoring ASAP.

PS: when it comes to dying please make sure this can only happen in the crafting phase and that the colors aren't ridiculous. I shudder to think this game will start to look like GW2 with hot pink heavy armor and big fat guys named "Chipotle" dressed in the Red, White and Green dancing at the bank in Davon's Watch (I literally saw this guy in GW2 all the time).
    NordJitsu wrote: »
    Romtim wrote: »
    Please add duels. I want to compete with friends and other people, test different builds, and so on. There are many reasons to add a duel system and it is easy to implement. Thanks.

Agreed. Every time they say no duels or no plans for duels, it hurts me in the depths of my soul.

Some much this. @NordJitsu‌
    Edited by Reymas on May 1, 2014 9:41PM
    Honor, Duty and Piety for Morrowind
  • Surturs_wrath
    Surturs_wrath
    Soul Shriven
    These updates look great! I'm really excited for the dark brotherhood, justice system, and being able to pick up more things. These are what I missed most from Elder Scrolls but ESO was good enough for me without them. Now its even better! Also, completely thankful for the extra 5 days! I love the devs!
    Tonight we dine in Sovngarde!
  • fata13xception_ESO
    This one's very excited!

Additional world loot?.. Gear racks? If so, have them spawn gray/white quality gear but also give them exclusive skins/designs on rare spawns... so that we can take these exclusive looks and upgrade them via the appropriate crafting profession, turning them from gray/white into green/blue/purple/yellow quality.

I'd love to see shields and weapons remain visible when mounting. You can have both reappear by simply unequipping-then-reequipping them while mounted. Please just let them remain visible.
  • Hanzus
    Hanzus
    ✭✭✭
    Armor dyeing and tinting

What i'd like to see in adition would be that i can have lvl 10 armor look with vr10 stats.

Very much looking forward to armor dyeing!

Yes!, "fusion" , now that would be awesome. Fusing lets say lvl 10 boots with the stats of the current lvl armor your wearing, WOW, that would give each person a combo look that would really make everyones char very unique, many combos, truly fantastic idea!

"Walk always in the light, or we will drag you to it."
    -Vigilant of Stendarr

Nords, the true sons of Skyrim!
    PC NA
  • Foul_Corsair
    Foul_Corsair
    ✭✭✭
    So in order to receive the five free days that should be deserved to all that bought the game, people need to sign up for the re-occuring subscription....do you really care about how the players actually feel or just how much you can take from our wallets.

Doesn't seem like a very smart idea to not extend this to everyone that bought the game and had to suffer...but I'm sure you will find a whole bunch of un-happy campers once you go through with this shameful compensation to only those who are paying you.

The game was broken before launch and you made us all suffer not just those who continue to pay you for this extremely broken and frustrating game...to bad consumer affairs never get involved in this crooked industry.

Are you really complaining that someone who doesn't want to sub doesn't get 5 free days?
    would ya mind if I fired me cannon through your porthole?
  • ropipgib16_ESO
    ropipgib16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Reading " COMING IN FUTURE UPDATES "
    - Looking at what is coming.
    * heavy breathing *