Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "The Road Ahead - May 1"

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
This is the official discussion thread for the blog article The Road Ahead - May 1. We hope you enjoyed getting a peek into the future for ESO!
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • Sabbatus
    Sabbatus
    ✭✭✭
    *peek

Exciting things in store for us! Love it.
  • robert
    robert
    ✭✭✭
    Most excellent.
  • kippert
    kippert
    SPELLCRAFTING!!! I really hope that means what I think it means.

Actually I can see two things in that. Imbuing items with spells or creating new spells to put on parchments for use, or creating new spells as actual spell abilities.

Oooo, please give us a clue.

On retrospect that's 3 things...
    Edited by kippert on May 1, 2014 11:39AM
  • LadyLothi
    LadyLothi
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah for all the things to come. :)

Made me kinda feel bad for complaining about the downtime. I very much appreciate the gesture of giving us an additional 5 days playtime.
    "It's easy, a child of five could do it. Unfortunately, we don't have a child of five, so I have to walk YOU through it." Abnur Tharn <3
  • leander.lowb16_ESO
    All sounds really good:)
  • shadowjudgeb16_ESO
    shadowjudgeb16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    The 5 days compensation for the all the downtime in launch month is exactly what players wanted. Thank you Zenimax.

That being said, can we PLEASE get an ASAP hotfix on vampire ultimate swarm cost being reduced to 4-20, and even 0 (literally ZERO) cost for former emperors? Tired of seeing every other player being a "batman".
  • BabylonRocker
    BabylonRocker
    ✭✭✭
    Armor dyeing and tinting

What i'd like to see in adition would be that i can have lvl 10 armor look with vr10 stats.
  • Ingwe
    Ingwe
    I read this, and I think the changes that you guys want to implement is really awesome. As with all new things, it takes time and dedication to straighten out the wrinkles - so I am really looking forward as to what you guys can do in the next 2-3 months!

Keep up the good work - and PS thanks for helping us have a botting free dungeon every now and again! :wink:
  • Ryskim
    Ryskim
    ✭✭✭
    WTF ZOS, where the hell is NECROMANCY? I expected at least to be in 2014 roadmap. WTF seriously?

The Justice system was very needed because this is a Elder Scrolls game and must be there. Also, you should be able to kill any non-essential NPC, but deal with consequences.
  • robert
    robert
    ✭✭✭
    Can we get an ability that generates Ultimate Points from forum tears?

• KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ryskim wrote: »
    Also, you should be able to kill any non-essential NPC, but deal with consequences.
    No, this isn't an offline game, I don't want camps empty of NPCs simply because someone decided to gank them all .. this isn't the Barrens .. whether they're 'essential' or not.
    Edited by KerinKor on May 1, 2014 11:47AM
  • UnderKingRhun
    UnderKingRhun
    ✭✭
    The fact that not only the positive, but negative feedback from reviewers and the community at large are being vocally addressed has renewed my faith in the dev team. Many devs fail to understand the importance of communication.

Great job folks :smiley:
  • Ryskim
    Ryskim
    ✭✭✭
    KerinKor wrote: »
    Ryskim wrote: »
    Also, you should be able to kill any non-essential NPC, but deal with consequences.
    No, this isn't an offline game, I don't want camps empty of NPCs simply because someone decided to gank them all .. this isn't the Barrens .. whether they're 'essential' or not.
    Forgot to say about adding the ability to freely switch between phases. There, problem solved.

Anyways, I'm way more concerned about Necromancy. It should have been available from start, now it's not even under development. Very very disappointed with this, although very excited with that list because all of the things are very needed and awesome.

• Methtrain
    Methtrain
    Soul Shriven
    I welcome the features! Sounds exciting.
  • Rykoth
    Rykoth
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's bad enough people are prancing about with their summoned daedra in cities and cluttering up the streets, don't need dead things either >.>

Also, thumbs up to this road map.

Guild functionality IMO should be *the* priority
    Gorthal gro-Gunthak, Chieftain of Mor'Grumaar
    Sigrun Elkhorn, Nordic Warrior and Skald

Mor'Grumaar - Orcish Stronghold Roleplay
  • fbarok5eb17_ESO
    fbarok5eb17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I think we can all be happy with the honesty from the producers... Anyway I'm looking forward the Dark Brotherhood questline.
  • spotchib16_ESO
    A very welcome and reassuring list. Thank you for listening and adapting!
  • WilliamWulf
    Great features, sounds more than promising, but...where is the barbershop/facesculptor? Did I miss it?
  • Blackwolfe5
    Blackwolfe5
    ✭✭✭
    Oh, I wish the bots were only in dungeons. But they are far from only in dungeons..

As for the rest of the stuff, looking awesome!
  • yuikami
    yuikami
    ✭✭✭
    Armor dye and tint, Emergerd yes please <3
  • Avath
    Avath
    Looks great.

As for the things that aren't on the roadmap, remember, the life span of a game like this is measured in years, not weeks or months. The big picture demands that there is scope for story and content to grow and evolve. If you throw it all in at the beginning with little or no regard for that, not only do you end up with a mess, but you shoot yourself in the foot for future development.

Of course you could also remember that things change. Daily. And any sensible development team will reprioritise on a regular basis as well. So stop trying to second guess everything, and moaning about what is, essentially, a complete unknown.

Nice to see some feedback re: the QA process etc. As someone who's worked in QA for the past 10 years, and run many different teams I know only too well how easy it is to moan about things while having little or no idea about the work load involved, or the overwhelming number of things that never went wrong due to the team's efforts.
  • Ruehene
    Ruehene
    ✭✭
    Many devs fail to understand the importance of communication.

Yes, they do, and have no idea how negatively it affects their gamers and potential gamers. I'm very glad to see this level of communication!! Indicates a concern for customers more than any infrequent list of improvements and bug fixes, or infrequent "status of the game" communication does. Keep doing this regularly!!

An excellent game in spite of the negatives and doom-sayers. Thanks!
  • natsamson
    natsamson
    ✭✭
    Things are looking good for the future of ESO, it has to be my most addicted and time spent game since even the Beta and early access, I look forward to seeing what's in store for the future of the game, now I need to get Veteran Rank 3 tonight :D
    High Elf Templar Healer | Imperial Necromancer Tank | EU Megaserver | Aldemeri Dominion
  • rflynn_ESO
    Im literally unable to play the game right now
  • Kingslayer
    Kingslayer
    ✭✭✭
    Can we at least get a rough time schedule of the migration of the eu megaserver?. Its way past launch now,
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The massive number of bug fixes in 1.1 should be released NOW, not wait for the group-only content of Craglorn to be ready.
  • Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Amazing news, honestly. I'm impressed with this entire announcement, and can't wait to see/hear more about the things listed as time moves on. Seriously, seriously cool stuff!

My favorites would include an imperial city pvp dungeon zone, the raid system, dye/armor tinting, and horse racing, off of that list, but I can't say there's a single thing on there I'm not excited about.
    -First-Wave Closed Beta Tester of the Psijic Order, aka the 0.016 percent.
    Exploits suck. Don't blame just the game, blame the players abusing them!

-Playing since July 2013, back when we had a killspam channel in Cyrodiil and the lands of Tamriel were roamed by dinosaurs.
    As I read through the list of upcoming changes, I was struck by how many of them I've seen as requests by many "negative" reviewers and commenters all over the place. The fact that Zenimax is actually listening to everyone, not just the people who love the game, should be heartening to the community at large.

I think these kind of posts show that they are listening and that they are working hard to make ESO the best it can be. Is it going to be fast enough for some people? No, but I, for one, am in this in the long haul and I truly believe that this game will provide countless hour of entertainment far, far into the future.

Keep up the good work, Zenimax! And, please, please know that in the endless waves of negativity crashing upon your shore, there are many of us out there that truly love what you've created and will continue to do so far into the future!
  • El_Barto_227
    Spellcasting
    Devs, take my money if you tell us more!
    In-game handle: @ElBarto2278
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Wow that is one ambitious plan ahead. I am impressed. I already liked the game but this is exciting.