The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "The Road Ahead - May 1"

• Sunver
    Sunver
    ✭✭✭
    Hello fellow Tamriel citizens! First of all, I want to say that I'm very pleased with the game, especially with the storyline, quests, freedom of choice when developing my character. I also like combat(was a little hard to accomodate after WoWlike games) because I feel my character more intensly. I encountered only one or two bugs, so thats nice score(compared to what Ive heard from other people - but maybe they're just exaggeriting. There are few things I dislike, but these are player based - for example botting and gold advertising and I hope they will be resolved. And heres my plea to all players:
    Stop buying gold and items for real money!
    Try to achieve everything by yourself, dont feed cheaters and exploiters and they will disappear from the game! Its that simple!

Good luck, have fun and see you in the game!
    @sunver
    When I consider thy heavens, the work of thy fingers, the moon and the stars, which thou hast ordained;
    What is man, that thou art mindful of him? and the son of man, that thou visitest him?
    For thou hast made him a little lower than the angels, and hast crowned him with glory and honour.
    O LORD our Lord, how excellent is thy name in all the earth!
  • spawn10459
    spawn10459
    ✭✭✭
    Meh. not all that big of news considering who have no idea when and if they will be released.
  • Basaz
    Basaz
    ✭✭
    I will almost always defend MMO makers and their launches. People have little to no idea the time and effort that goes into an MMO. Thinking and wanting things to be fixed over night. I will continue in ESO and I hope others will too, I will do my best to convince my friends to stay as well as the updates and progress of the game has been very good and the future is looking fantastic. Keep up the good work!

/Bas
  • Fuse
    Fuse
    Great stuff, but I'm a little worried that finishing 1st person view is not anywhere on this roadmap. We at the very least need to be allowed 1st person view when riding a horse (especially since this view is already in the game for when you back against a wall while mounted, we just can't use it when we want to).

Combine the awkward offset that makes melee combat feel terrible unless you zoom all the way out, with an incomplete first person view that forces you to third half the time, and I really can't recommend this game to my friends yet. Every one that I've let try it complains about the camera unless I either zoom all the way out (in which case you're squandering the pretty graphics) or put them in 1st person.

Please, please finish 1st person view, and let us adjust the third person offset/angle so it doesn't put our reticle 3 feet to the right of our our character's front.
  • YourNameHere
    YourNameHere
    ✭✭✭
    Better NPC facial animations

Glad to see you are fixing this, because nothing wierder than watching an NPC stare at the sky for no reason, or their face completely changes after talking to them, or their jaw shifts 2 inches to the left as they talk :o

There is something else that should be looked into for NPCs. I've sent Feedback on this, so I'll also do it here.

Can you look into the AI for the NPCs that follow you? It is really horrid. There is no reason to have them if they only fight one mob in a group of three.

Or when you have a quest with 3 followers with you, and you are in a battle with multiple waves, and they ONLY fight during the first wave, standing around and picking their noses in the 2nd and 3rd waves while you have to fight everything.

Please fix the AI to be more useful.
    NA Megaserver / RPer
    Alinyssa Gaethar - AD || Raahni-do - AD || Wind-In-Tree's-Shadow - DC
  • aftershox
    aftershox
    ✭✭
    Very ambitious plans from Matt Firor! I was just discussing plans for Guild Store and guild ranks last night with our officers while awaiting word on those pre-release promises for Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood content. Needless to say we're all excited to see these changes go live. In my case especially the underdog bonus and a much needed overhaul of the Guild store.
    'May you walk on warm sands!'
  • txfeinbergsub17_ESO
    Thanks for the communication and roadmap. My wife and I plan on subscribing for a long time.
  • Taid
    Taid
    ✭✭
    100% Unimpressed. Since i played a lot of mmos in the past this is just our:

" We tell you now what you want to hear, plz ignore our major problems and Coredesign "

If they want to create their so called " BEST MMO EVER " they should stop trying to make everyone happy and create real competition. If they want their mmo to be serious and not just a Happy Fun Park where everyone get everything and HAPF PHUN and start to design this thing reasonable!

A mmo is not to be meant completed or played through. It has to live! if noone cares about your mmo, noone will create community content on a larger scale. Yes, i speak of youtube-chanels, i speak of twitch streams which become more and more popular. I speak of stuff that let the world know that someone happens in this Gameworld! but actually nothing happens here lol. Everyone has their little fun on its own and nothing what you do in this world change anything, neither for you nor for the community.

I want to see things that is good for the game in general, not for me as a player. I would like to see some specifc things that interest me personally sure, but overall i want to see things happen that makes this world a real breathing mmo. ( I wont drop the f2p bomb because i hate f2p and i would rather see eso die offline than switching to this filthy model )

The only thing that is relevant now is craglorn. If this changes nothing for the ingame-world and its popularity then this game will be forgotten within the next months. And a forgotten mmo is a dead mmo, no matter how shiny the company will release their numbers, they just dont matter.

You can whiteknight as much as you like and flame me for my bad english right now ( too much coffee ) but you will see in the future. Im offline till craglorn.
    You know the old saying.....Neither a Troll, nor a Fanboy be? :o

RUBBISH!

Without Trolls and Fanboys, how could we ever be able to sell anything? :#
  • Nation
    Nation
    So stoked for Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood :D

I'm glad to see that ZOS is actively fighting botters and gold spammers.

Also, it's gonna be amazing when we can steal from and kill NPC's. That is going to bring back THE FEEL of ES games.
  • bloodenragedb14_ESO
    bloodenragedb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SQUEEEE SPELLCRAFTING!!!!
  • Deloria
    Deloria
    ✭✭✭
    You answered so much of what I had hoped for!! I will renew my subscription and I hope we see a lot of this stuff too!!!

Especially the social bits - and the possibility for grouping through quests and phasing things. I hope that the more social players will start to find each other more easily.

I love the idea of Tamriel: Its a world I want to live in - to immerse myself in - more than just doing quests and hunting monsters and being "the chosen one" I'm happy to take a break from all of that and just exist for a bit in the world. Do my own thing and potter around exploring and crafting and getting up to mischief. I guess thats Role-playing for me.. here's this extraordinary fantasy world and I just want to walk around it being slightly ordinary for a bit. :P

Cosmetic outfits - and character vanity items would be great for me - its the stuff I hope there will be a cash shop for eventually. Pets and jewelry, and a way to show them off. Frikkin catshows if necessary :P

I will never be a hardcore "gamer" in the sense that I want to be the best at PvP or collect all the bits and pieces - but to drown myself in Tamriel... absolutely.

• birdeye
    birdeye
    ✭✭
    I'm glad to see that you have made an address of what we can see coming but I still believe that certain features should have a been given a timeline by now such as the thieves guild and dark brotherhood. I understand that there is a lot to go in to developing a game. It's just that features that were promised should be given priority with bugs be given top priority. As I have said in another thread recently we as the players should be able to hold you the developer accountable with out a time frame that's not possible and leaves many of us wondering when Give us a time frame and many of us will be a lot more understanding if you happen to not meet the deadline. Yes there will be flames and potentially people leaving the game but if you hold yourselves accountable by making the time frames public then we feel that you are being honest and not holding information back from us. I love the game but I feel that many of features on the list should have been in the game at release.

I have had expectations of the game I'm not quite sure if you have met those expectations yet but I do know that I expect to see a lot better communication and information flow. It has been getting better but still needs lots of improvement articles like this goes a long way but maybe a weekly state of game message would go even further. I look forward to all the features that you mentioned in the article but hope to see them in the next 6 months as opposed to the next 12 months. So get to work and thanks for all the hard work.
  • Tyr
    Tyr
    ✭✭✭✭
    Horse races in a game with bad lag and loading issues? Gonna be a problem.

"I won, I saw it clearly!" "No, you were way behind me."

Races had better be in a special interior cell.

They'll likely be instanced to people in the race to avoid this issue.
  • nudel
    nudel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KerinKor wrote: »
    Ryskim wrote: »
    Also, you should be able to kill any non-essential NPC, but deal with consequences.
    No, this isn't an offline game, I don't want camps empty of NPCs simply because someone decided to gank them all .. this isn't the Barrens .. whether they're 'essential' or not.

@KerinKor‌

People can kill non-essential NPCs without affecting your game. That already happens in the game now with the phasing system. Example: During one quest, I chose to kill one quest NPC. My friend chose to kill a different NPC. Later on, those NPCs appeared in a later quest to talk to us. I saw the one I'd kept alive, while my friend saw the one he'd kept alive. We could still see eachother. We just couldn't see the specific NPC that we'd killed.

If implemented correctly, this could allow players to go on a full-on rampage, killing all the NPCs until they get arrested. Meanwhile, you could still find and speak with all of those NPCs and still see that other player getting arrested. Their bodies wouldn't be there for you so you might not know why he was getting arrested. But his decisions wouldn't affect your playthrough and vice versa. Had I not seen for myself that it could be done with phasing, I would agree with you. Players shouldn't be able to troll by ganking NPCs. However, if it can be done in the way I suggest, I think it would open a lot of great replay value and roleplaying opportunities for the game.
  • Azriuel
    Azriuel
    Where is my werwolve fix?

Anyway, good job! Excited to see that things :)
  • Smalls79
    Smalls79
    I think the game is awsome all those new updates to the game will be great for as big as the game is i think the eso team is doing ty for a fun amazing game.
  • NordJitsu
    NordJitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Spellcrafting I did not see coming. Amazing potential here but I'd like to learn more. Could be GREAT Morrowind nostalgia.

5 Days Free was a great gesture and is much appreciated.

Justice System I'm very very disappointed that this won't include a player component.

Armor Dyeing and Tinting Fine, but please keep the colors reasonable and world appropriate.

Guild Functionality THANK YOU!!! Been /feedbacking on this one for a while. Although, I will say your list of improvements is missing a few massive features. We need some kind of "message of the day" or "Newsletter" that gets sent to all members. We also really need an in-game calendar to set up guild events.

Imperial City PvP Dungeon This sounds amazing. Never played Darkness Falls, but it sounds like a lot of fun.

Things Missing From Your List and Article

Bat Swarm Fix
    Dueling System
    Imperial Arena (small scale PvP)
    Player Housing
    @NordJitsu - Guild Master (Main Character = Hlaalu Idas)
    GREAT HOUSE HLAALU
  • Nimerian
    Nimerian
    ✭✭✭
    Matt you've done it again:

"Migration of European Megaserver to our European datacenter."

On the future changes? No time plan for when this will happen? Did you even made arrangements on the matter? I would suggest to every European players (something that I do also) to boycott the game, I'm done with it until u migrate the servers. You are thieves stealing people's money then giving them the worst possible service available.
  • Tyr
    Tyr
    ✭✭✭✭
    Perseas wrote: »
    No economy for those who dont wish to join guilds.

Presumably, you don't have to join a guild to buy from the Guild Kiosks. You just have to physically go to the location of the Kiosk to buy/sell your stuff.
  • Qutayba
    Qutayba
    ✭✭✭
    I'm enjoying this game a lot, I'm rooting for it, and I plan to stick around for a while. But I have been concerned about many of the issues - bugs, bots, bank slot problems, etc. What I find most concerning is the variable level of customer service. Some of my reports get at least an "we're aware of your issue, and are working on it" within a day. But more than a few haven't been answered at all.

I appreciate the frankness and honesty of the post, and it gives me confidence that ZOS is listening to fans and players. There are some great communities building up in the game. The only thing still holding it all back is the nagging feeling that customer service and QA were not prepared for the volume of trials and tribulations that come from running an MMO. I hope this can be rectified quickly.
  • ironhorse1010ub17_ESO
    Are you kidding me no housing at all????? Every other MMO out there is adding it and you will lose gamers. Many gamers love housing. Honestly I do not but I see an advantage in keeping the populace high. With Wildstar having housing and SWTOR having housing believe me you need to make this a priority like yesterday with SWTOR rapidly becoming a top tier mmo this game will lose out. Please consider it I love the lore and the pvp but I do not want to see a low population.
  • Kayyden
    Kayyden
    Soul Shriven
    I can't wait to see all these things come to be. Way to go Zenimax/Bethesda!!!
  • Nimerian
    Nimerian
    ✭✭✭
    NordJitsu wrote: »
    Spellcrafting I did not see coming. Amazing potential here but I'd like to learn more. Could be GREAT Morrowind nostalgia.

Justice System I'm very very disappointed that this won't include a player component.

Dueling System
    Imperial Arena (small scale PvP)
    Player Housing

I completely agree on the above points, however making a system where you could murder/steal from other players would create a chaos that will destroy this game. I just cant see any way of those things getting implemented. HOwever this game's pvp as it is is 100% boring and wont last. We REALLY need an arena (1vs1,2vs2,4vs4) and duels with our own faction. There is no MMO that I can recall that doesn't have duel system and its mandatory.
  • Taid
    Taid
    ✭✭
    .... with SWTOR rapidly becoming a top tier mmo ...

[video_] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrF5x1OSJuQ [/video]
    Edited by Taid on May 1, 2014 5:05PM
    You know the old saying.....Neither a Troll, nor a Fanboy be? :o

RUBBISH!

Without Trolls and Fanboys, how could we ever be able to sell anything? :#
  • plamillusionub17_ESO
    Awesome news, thanks for the update. Really enjoying the game a ton already and looking forward to all these (and more) updates.

1 question, about the Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood: Will there be skill lines added for these as well?
  • cromdubh68
    cromdubh68
    ✭✭
    Reading through the planned additions and fixes may just have convinced me not to cancel my subscription next week. Things are certainly looking better than they did
  • coreserv
    coreserv
    Thank you, Thank you, and did I say Thank you. Transparency and admittance of fault go a long way in my book. I am literally giddy about seeing some of the upcoming content and changes. Just remember not every squeaky wheel needs grease. Glad you recognize , so far, the squeaky wheels that do. You have my sub.
    >:) Ceridian- High Elf - Sorcerer
  • joanjett
    joanjett
    ✭✭✭
    I love ESO put another sweetroll in the jukebox baby!
    When some wild-eyed, eight-foot-tall maniac grabs your neck, taps the back of your favorite head up against the barroom wall, and he looks you crooked in the eye and he asks you if ya paid your dues, you just stare that big sucker right back in the eye, and you remember what ol' Jack Burton always says at a time like that: "Have ya paid your dues, Jack?" "Yessir, the check is in the mail."
  • zittylolb14_ESO
    This is great news esp dealing with gold-bot-farmers and Spammers in chat and email spammers. I wasn't sure anything was being done about it, then I saw actions in-game, so I will keep reporting these evil ppl esp those who exploited glitches in-game that allow them to keep farming said items constantly.

I do have one big beef with crafting. Woodworking is terribly nerfed from the get go as I am only lvl 9 in that craft yet my provisioning and Alchemy are both above 20 because they have mats available to craft stuff. Woodworking does not.

Realistically if I harvest 100 wood I should get more than a few Improvement items to use and be able to not just craft stuff but also be able to improve items...but no even with one point in extraction I go from 1% rate to 4% extraction and I have to wait almost 20 lvls of crafting to be able to put another point into extraction.

Edit after part here: I harvested 60 oaks and all I got out of refining was 1 turpen...that is not even close to the 4% I wrote above. Proves my point about you never get enuf mats from refining or extraction

It is like I have to keep harvesting non-stop to get enuf mats to make a decent staff or bow or shield...sure i can make junk ones but with no improvement mats to improve the stuff why keep making junk that nobody can or will buy because it is just that JUNK. You increse your skill faster making improved stuff...junk stuff gives less exp....really I don't want to spend a year getting my woodworking to cap?

I find enchantment craft annoying because it doesn't tell you what you can make or what skill you have to make anything. Or what you can make. Making foods and drinks I can see my recipes...not with enchants. Blacksmithing is a distance third behind cooking and alchemy. I really haven't done Blacksmithing even to give a good pov on it.

And the researching of any skill line is lame because you have to have said item in your inventory as far as I know. The lack of information about what to do in game is terrible. Like I have just a few skills I can use to improve just a few items and this is after a month of playing.
    Another dislike I have is I made a few of my toons all woodworking hoping that would allow me to get more mats?...No you nerfed that from the get-go and maybe even before open beta?..why make everything so hard to do? I want a enjoyable game not a lame-grindy eqish get nowhere slowly. To many roadblocks to getting exp in woodworking...this has to change.
    Edited by zittylolb14_ESO on May 1, 2014 10:26PM
  • the_Burne
    the_Burne
    keep your five days, fix ww transformation or let us get our points back out of packleader. =(