The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Official Discussion Thread for "The Road Ahead - May 1"

• Willow
    Willow
    ✭✭✭
    Armor Dyes! Woot!

Now give us a barber please and a appearance remake and all is good.

Thank you for the 5 days and thank you for all the great stuff you have lined up.
  • calyptic101b16_ESO
    Now go ... jusitfy why people pay a subscription for an online game. Please shut those haters up and deliver!
  • Batavia
    Batavia
    i want fishing with fish i can cook
  • double0devb14_ESO
    Thanks for all the hard work, it sounds great!
  • StylisedFatalism
    StylisedFatalism
    Soul Shriven
    I feel like a kid at Christmas Eve. Only I don't know when the presents are coming so it's worse!
  • Jadakin
    Jadakin
    ✭✭✭
    Now go ... jusitfy why people pay a subscription for an online game. Please shut those haters up and deliver!

It's a moving target. Some will always find something lacking to justify why something isn't worth it. I mean you have people complaining that there's too much content to finish before their free 30 days are up. That should tell ya something. ;)
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Why are ZOS VIPs hosting an AMA on Reddit instead of hosting one here where they could interact with actual paying customers and possibly address the mountain of questions and problems current players are experiencing? There should be a daily AMA on the official forums. It would help foster some goodwill with the player base that has become frustrated by the mountains of issues and the ineffective customer support system.
  • RWKT
    RWKT
    ✭✭
    PLEASE!! ADD "OFFICIAL" XBOX 360 CONTROLLER COMPATIBILITY TO ESO!!!

I Don't Know WHY It Wasn't Implemented AllReady, I Bought The Imperial Edition Hopeing For A Similar Game-Play Experience To Skyrim And My Fingers Get All Twisted And Cramped With The Keys And Mouse. I Mean Can't You Port Over The Control Schemes From The Console Versions InTo An Optional Gameplay Setting For The PC? I Hope That I Don't Seem Rude In Asking For A More Efficient Way Of Playing My Video Games That I Pay Top Money To Play.

My poetry...if you like that sort of thing... http://rwkt.blogspot.ca/
  • steveb16_ESO46
    steveb16_ESO46
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a PTS player, People did spend WAAAAAYY too much time in Cyrodil. I only had a month of it before launch, and Ebonheart was empty levels 1-34. But Honestly... these bugs that came up after launch.....They Were all new to me. The only trouble I had questing was just being by myself. But all these progression block, I sincerely believe we were unable to find them because the amount of people playing the game now is much greater than on the PTS. Mega server seems to be a new kind of beast in the world of MMO's

These bugs were not new to launch. They were highlighted and reported at length from January onwards in the public beta's.

They were discussed and highlighted at length in the previous forum against a cacophony of fan-boys telling us that the super-secret awesome real version fixed everything so we should all STFU.

The problem is that the PTS testing doesn't work because of the limited numbers not triggering or stressing things.

That means in effect, nothing gets tested except when it goes live. Hence the repeated optimistic claims to have 'fixed' stuff which turn out not to be fixed.

Until they both mass beta test things AND have a QAA process that deals with issues identified we're going to keep seeing what we're seeing.

Commercially they cannot afford to treat paying customers as permanent paying beta testers.
  • rophez_ESO
    rophez_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope you are planning to fix the ultimate spamming vampire problem before you release the Imperial City PVP dungeon!
  • frwinters_ESO
    frwinters_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    5 days of free game time.. IF you havent already cancelled your account? Let's see.. 14.99 for another month of BotFest Scrolls Online, just to get 5 free days of BotFest Scrolls Online?

Pass.

Guess you won't need the extra time anyway.

Can i have this nay sayers 5 days?
  • frwinters_ESO
    frwinters_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Digiman wrote: »
    Gotta admit, this is one of the worst MMO game launches I have experienced. It's nice that they are now fixing things, but that isn't going to get people who were upset to keep paying to play, most will ditch this for the MMO they invested their most time in once the free month is up.

In anycase the first impressions were wasted and really don't expect many players to keep playing till the majority of these issues are fixed.

Still like the plans they have made for their road map of the following months and unlike my family and friends I enjoy playing this game.

I want this guys free 5 days too.
  • Gordainthic
    Nice news overall, and of course a big thanks for the 5 days extra, this is a good gesture from you guys.one thing i m feel a bit disapointed, i don t see nothing mentionning there is task to work on mac issue memory Ram, because from patch 1.6 there is no improvement, it will be great please this come as priority, because mac ESO seems unfinish, still cannot play pvp without crashing every 5 minutes, and questing just for 1-2 hours and then crash. but beside that thanks overall and do your best.
  • Morthur
    Morthur
    ✭✭✭
    Edited by Morthur on May 5, 2014 9:23AM
  • frwinters_ESO
    frwinters_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I really hope to see even more PvP love. The imperial city is great to hear but I am guessing we wont see any major PvP changes until the current campaigns are complete. So that's another 60 days or so. Just what I figure, but I hope to see more stuff added to PvP as well!
  • RookBorn
    RookBorn
    ✭✭
    I'm extremely impressed. Extremely, extremely impressed. At first I thought this game would not live up to the ES titles - but after playing it ferociously and with much addiction, it lives up to it and further.

This is a great success. Brilliant job Zeni, and I'm glad I put my trust into this game.
    Khajiit Nightblade - V6
    --The Brigade--
    Biggest achievement so far - Veteran Area unlocked at 46
  • Getorix
    Getorix
    ✭✭✭
    "•Imperial City PvP dungeon" -Darkness falls inc. Cant wait, I loved that place in DAOC.
  • ashton
    ashton
    Looks awesome... but ... no housing... i have mixed feeling, justice system sounds nice but at the same time it seems like housing is ignored which makes me worried.
  • KylarZ
    KylarZ
    3 days left of my sub, so with this 5 more day, you have 8 days to move your "megaserver" to Europe. Dont let the EU players down.
    VR7 Dragonknight
  • Aratheer
    Aratheer
    Very excited about this list of implementations. I was considering dropping out at the end of my first 30 days, but with the additional 5 days and the upcoming changes I think I'll stick around! Keep up the hard work. I personally have seen significant improvements in the first four weeks. Thanks, team!
  • Jim_McMasterub17_ESO
    Wow...I am stunned by the honesty (albeit I had to assume he meant he disagreed with the EXTREME negative viewpoints, because the non-extreme negative views are pretty much spot on, & many are obviously being addressed in the future.)

5 days free game time? that was unexpected. ...Well played sir..well played.

Hats off to the dev team
    Hats off to the dev teams families
    Hats off to those who are working from within (GM's & players) to make this the game what we believe it can be.)
    Edited by Jim_McMasterub17_ESO on May 1, 2014 3:02PM
  • Surinen
    Surinen
    ✭✭✭
    Spellcrafting - mixing abilities of your class? mixing your spells with abilities of other classes or making your own spells, let's say lightning form with changed animation: fire form? I would like to hear more about it
  • CMz
    CMz
    ✭✭✭
    Looking at the range of comments it's amazing to me how many pre-teens have bypassed the ESO age filter... Look forward to the road ahead!
  • vaxure
    vaxure
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for your continued hard work Zen :) Looks like good stuff :)
  • n.michalakb16_ESO
    I am missing the - Role Player / PvE / PvP / phasing Button -

This was the main reason I bought this game. Don't get me wrong, I love it, and I'm happy with all those new improvements to come!

But you should stick to your prior announcements and add this phasing thing to the game.

I was looking forward to play with some roleplaying buddies, without jumping kidos and players who think you're a NPC and hitting the USE Button trying to get a quest from me.

Nevertheless.
    Thanks in advance for making this game even better! I'm enjoying it enormously :)
  • mumok
    mumok
    ✭✭✭
    I encountered a GM in a Dungeon the other night. Its great to see they are taking the botting problem seriously. BTW I have seen no bots there since. Thank you!
  • Silkesh
    Silkesh
    ✭✭
    Thanks for all this ZOS, especially for the 5 days.
    I am enjoying the game as is, and all this upcoming content means I am going to enjoy it for a long time.

I hope you don't get discouraged by the negative comments, and you know that they are always more vocal than the people liking the game.

Keep up the good work and go on entertaining us. Keep being open with your players like you do, it is the best way to act in terms of PR. This being said, I am going back IG like Matt did ;-).
  • Xenrae
    Xenrae
    ✭✭
    Great news, and good ideas. Thank you for the five days, guys. We needed it.

Guild kiosks to the highest bidding guild? I really hope you don't mean that. My guild has 75 active players. We'll never compete with a guild that has 300. Make it cost, but don't make it impossible.

Can't wait for improved guild interface, and many other updates. Loving the game, loving the attention from Zeni. Keep up the good work.
  • Desdemonte
    Desdemonte
    ✭✭✭
    Matt- if you're off to level your Nightblade, why don't you put more effort into fixing the bugs in the class and balance it to the other ones better?!? As of now, you hardly see anybody playing one in PvP because they are so useless.

I really wish there was a statement regarding how broken OP the DK class is, and has been for a year on the PTS with no fix in sight. Even the DKs in the test server have been telling you for a year that they are grossly OPd. Then add the class synergy to the Vampire line and it is total god mode. People are leaving PvP in droves due to rage quitting. There is NO way to counter this, regardless what people who support the build say. Something this broken warrants an emergency hot fix but it has been going on for weeks. I loved PvP in Beta, as did pretty much my whole guild. Now I hate it due to its brokenness. My guild has already had VR10s leave the game over this issue. I'm afraid you are going to be doing too little too late for a lot of people. Especially when the fixes are so simple. But with your track record of ignoring the PTS comments for a year, confidence in the devs and ZOS is at nil.

I'm glad there is so much work being done to kill bots and ban spammers, but in reality they are merely an annoyance. The broken skills and class imbalances will ruin the game. At least a statement to acknowledge that these things are broken and you are actively looking at how to fix them and balance things out would go a long way.
  • steveb16_ESO46
    steveb16_ESO46
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EU server move needed sooner rather than later.