Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Combatting Gold Spammers on the Forums

ZOS_AmeliaR
ZOS_AmeliaR
✭✭✭✭✭
We are aware that some forum users have received private messages from gold spammers. We can assure you we are working as quickly as possible to identify and remove these spammers from our forums.

We request that anyone who has received a private message they believe to be from a gold spammer to post the sender's username as a comment in this thread. As we have disabled PMs, you will not be able to access your inbox on the forums, but if you received an e-mail notification to alert you to the PM you received, the sender's username should be in that e-mail.

Please note that our Community Code of Conduct does prohibit naming and shaming. However, in an effort to expedite the process of identifying and banning the spammers' accounts, we are making an exception for this situation. We will investigate each alleged spammer account individually to avoid false reports.

Thank you to everyone who has reported the issue so far. We will continue to update this thread as soon as we new information to share.

EDIT: Please note that this thread is only for reporting gold spam received specifically via the forums. If you have been contacted in-game by a gold spammer, please use the in-game Report function.

UPDATE (May 2): We believe this issue to be resolved and are re-enabling PMs. Should this issue crop up again, please comment again in this thread to notify us and we'll take further actions. Thanks for your patience, everyone!
The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
Staff Post
  • Hakoke
    Hakoke
    ✭✭
    gfbhdgsdf thats the name of the guy who tried to sell me gold.
  • Beotor
    Beotor
    ✭✭✭
    jshdjshdjsa sent you a message
    What we do is break the law
    we tasted blood and we want more
    love it or hate it you gonna pay
    all of us here ruin your day.

Vampire for life
  • Dorgon
    Dorgon
    fgfdgdgfr sent me a notification with gold selling site links.

Edit: His page says he is already banned.
    Edited by Dorgon on April 29, 2014 6:47PM
    Jekhar Mokhan - Altmer Sorcerer of the Aldmeri Dominion
    Tamriel Fisherman's Guild
    http://www.youtube.com/user/JekharM/videos
  • Voodoo
    Voodoo
    ✭✭✭✭
    gold spammer name: rerereree

Edited by Voodoo on April 29, 2014 6:49PM
  • Bazzakrak
    Bazzakrak
    ✭✭✭
    haha, dumb brain went straight to my inbox to get the names, but that was off course closed :blush:

Well here they are @ZOS_AmeliaR‌

@gfbhdgsdf‌ and @werdsfedfwe‌ are the two I got.
    We're born, we live, we die. And along the way, you do the best with whatever crap you step in :p

I'm stranded all alone in the gas station of love, And I have to use the self-service pumps <3

Post Hoc Ergo Proptor Hoc o:)

Motivation alone is not enough. If i had an idiot with me and i motivated him, then i will have a motivated idiot to do stuff :s
  • Dema
    Dema
    ✭✭✭
    I received my spam from: sdjhdsjhsj
  • tlainya_ESO
    tlainya_ESO
    ✭✭
    I got spam from

demonxzj
  • Adain
    Adain
    demonxzj

I'm not going to post the website from his spam.

What pisses me off is that I got an e-mail to my personal e-mail account from the jerk. You need to get control of this, and do it now. Now I know that you need an e-mail address on file for me and my account, but this is inexcusable. It makes me wonder if any of my other personal information has been compromised.
  • Apophiss
    Apophiss
    ✭✭✭
    demonxzj & trretretertre

477Vermin.jpg
    "Just when I think you have said the stupidest thing possible, you keep talking."
    -Hank Hill
  • Vlas
    Vlas
    ✭✭✭
    OMG the names, lol.
  • ZOS_AmeliaR
    ZOS_AmeliaR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Adain wrote: »
    What pisses me off is that I got an e-mail to my personal e-mail account from the jerk.
    Just to clarify, you should have only received an e-mail from community@elderscrollsonline.com, which would have been an automated notification that you've received a private message on the forums. If you did receive an e-mail from an e-mail address other than this, please contact our Support Team so they can investigate further.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • Bazzakrak
    Bazzakrak
    ✭✭✭
    demonxzj

What pisses me off is that I got an e-mail to my personal e-mail account from the jerk. You need to get control of this, and do it now. Now I know that you need an e-mail address on file for me and my account, but this is inexcusable. It makes me wonder if any of my other personal information has been compromised.
    @demonxzj you get a forwarded notification, you can turn those off

Click Profile - > Edit Profile - > Notification Preferences

They are/were on as standard.

Edit:
    Although it seems that is not doable now that the whole message thing has been closed
    Edited by Bazzakrak on April 29, 2014 7:02PM
    We're born, we live, we die. And along the way, you do the best with whatever crap you step in :p

I'm stranded all alone in the gas station of love, And I have to use the self-service pumps <3

Post Hoc Ergo Proptor Hoc o:)

Motivation alone is not enough. If i had an idiot with me and i motivated him, then i will have a motivated idiot to do stuff :s
  • Apophiss
    Apophiss
    ✭✭✭
    demonxzj

I thought of this too. Really makes you uncomfortable and uncertain about the security of our account data.
    "Just when I think you have said the stupidest thing possible, you keep talking."
    -Hank Hill
  • b101uk
    b101uk
    ✭✭✭
    rerereree

• Acoal
    Acoal
    Soul Shriven
    dewrewfg sent you a message
  • aipex8_ESO
    aipex8_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My spam was from: hyjtyutyuty

I checked the profile before you disabled PMs and he was already banned.
  • Willow
    Willow
    ✭✭✭
    Apophiss wrote: »
    demonxzj & trretretertre

477Vermin.jpg

Finally somebody that takes time to remove the address from the photo. Ty for going the extra step as those that are posting with the address are contributing to the problem even if they do not mean to.

Edited by Willow on April 29, 2014 7:07PM
  • ZOS_AlanG
    ZOS_AlanG
    admin
    You can also adjust your notifications by going here and selecting Notification Preferences on the left menu bar. This allows you to adjust when you get a forum notification (popup) and when you get emails. It's possible to fully disable either by un-checking all of the categories.
    Forum Rules | Promoting Constructive Discussion | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Help Site

I’ve moved to a new position and I am no longer active on this forum. For assistance, please check the resources linked above
    Staff Post
  • Agobi
    Agobi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Name of a*'hat that spammed me: dewrewfg

"dewrewfg sent you a message
    WWW.sillygoldselleradresshere.COM
    is the most secure place to buy Elder Scrolls Gold.
    100K G = 17 USD Instant Delivery.
    This company has very good reputation, selling in-game currencies since 2005.
    100% Handwork Guaranteed!
    7/24 Customer Service!
    WWW.anothersillyadress....COM"
  • Beynac
    Beynac
    Soul Shriven
    yuytuiytut sent me a spam message re gold
  • offodapreub18_ESO
    yuytuiytut
    @zos, the community has been complaining since day one. Start making a dent in them, or start losing subscriptions: your call.
  • aletad11_ESO
    aletad11_ESO
    ✭✭
    sdsdasdsf is the name of the gold spammer I got a mail from
  • scruffycavetroll
    scruffycavetroll
    ✭✭✭
    don't do it!!! don't post those names

trap.jpg

y'all gonna get banned for name & shame...
  • janhennebeulb16_ESO
    ghreterter is the gold spammer i got a mail from , it would be great if you do a topic like this here in the German and French Forum :)
  • Aria
    Aria
    ✭✭✭
    ghreterter

Sent me a gold spam mail.
    Silver Dragon Legion
    "The adult, casual no drama guild you've been waiting for!"
  • Aria
    Aria
    ✭✭✭
    Apophiss wrote: »
    demonxzj

I thought of this too. Really makes you uncomfortable and uncertain about the security of our account data.

They are not mailing you directly they are mailing you from this site and you are getting a notifier, no personal information was compromised.
    Silver Dragon Legion
    "The adult, casual no drama guild you've been waiting for!"
  • Denaia
    Denaia
    ✭✭✭✭
    hjhgjrtyrtyrt sent me a message
  • IG42
    IG42
    fgfdgdgfr sent you a message

is the most secure place to buy Elder Scrolls Gold.
    100K G = 17 USD Instant Delivery.
    This company has very good reputation, selling in-game currencies since 2005.
    100% Handwork Guaranteed!
    7/24 Customer Service!

Got a live one 'ere

Moderator Edit: Removed the URL of the gold site.
    Edited by ZOS_AmeliaR on April 29, 2014 7:53PM
  • Night_Watch
    Night_Watch
    ✭✭✭
    dewrewfg

Screen caps available to admins if needed.
    "If there is an underlying oneness of all things, it does not matter where we begin, whether with stars, or laws of supply and demand, or frogs, or Napoleon Bonaparte. One measures a circle, beginning anywhere."

Charles Fort - Lo! (1931)
  • Luhai
    Luhai
    Soul Shriven
    rerereree sent you a message