The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Combatting Gold Spammers on the Forums

• Aithny
    Aithny
    ghreterter sent you a message

dewrewfg sent you a message
  • Mujuro
    Mujuro
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just received 2 identical spam messages from representatives for with title "Racial Motifs 13: Primal":

mechemahp
    fdvpitzengi

MOD EDIT: removed links
    Edited by ZOS_MichelleA on May 5, 2014 1:50PM
  • tj92769
    tj92769
    sdsdasdsf
  • ZOS_AmeliaR
    ZOS_AmeliaR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Mujuro‌ - were these in-game or via the forums? If they were in-game, please make sure to report them in-game so they can be addressed by the right team.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • Mujuro
    Mujuro
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Mujuro‌ - were these in-game or via the forums? If they were in-game, please make sure to report them in-game so they can be addressed by the right team.

Ah, they were in-game mails. I'll submit in-game per your instruction.

• Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How are the spammers sending messages when PMs are disabled?

I am wondering this myself. I have not received any of these, yet, but is it still a possibility that I have to watch for? Are these just old or delayed messages from people who do not visit the forums as frequently?
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Geeky_Gamer84
    Geeky_Gamer84
    Soul Shriven
    Hi all,

Just recieved one from @maroniad selling material for crafting
  • chrisfowler99
    @mechemahp is spamming crafting items
  • allwebjunkb16_ESO
    allwebjunkb16_ESO
    Soul Shriven

Half the time you can't even report them in-game! I've pressed F1 to 'report player' numerous times only to sit there for 5 minutes waiting for it to load, gave up and left it at ignore. Spoke to other people in the guild (500 members) and they have experienced the same!
  • kinok0
    kinok0
    vyeduncab

Sending messages for MMOwin selling daedric motifs, gold and such.
  • Jiigen
    Jiigen
    ✭✭✭
    I might be a little late, but these two sent me PMs with gold spam on April the 29th:
    ghreterter
    trretretertre

Thanks for the work!
    "To a thing like me, a thing like you, well... Think how you'd feel if a bacterium sat at your table and started to get snarky." -Death

PC EU
  • PinkNanabear
    maroniad
  • ZOS_AmeliaR
    ZOS_AmeliaR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We believe this issue to be resolved and are re-enabling PMs. Should this issue crop up again, please comment again in this thread to notify us and we'll take further actions. Thanks for your patience, everyone! (We've also updated the original post with this same information.)
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • Maejohl
    Maejohl

Could well have been an old one but it came as a notification not a PM.

MOD EDIT: removed links
    Edited by ZOS_MichelleA on May 5, 2014 1:52PM
  • Kapella
    Kapella
    Today at 729pm
    dsfdsfsasda sent you a message
    It is gold spam
  • Ageless
    Ageless
    ✭✭✭
    Just in, wrfsdfsdf sent you a message

It's gold spam.
    Jord.

As I burn down and murder, I know that God forgives.
    'Spite all the things I've done my soul yet forever lives.
    And all those caught in the shadow of my wings have cause to fear.
    I swear on all I've done, no evil shall linger here.

• esoone
    esoone
    ✭✭✭
    dsfdsfsasda i got spam from. Its from a goldseller site.
  • Hoylegu
    Hoylegu
    ✭✭✭
    asfwedadas
  • ZOS_AlanG
    ZOS_AlanG
    admin
    Hi everyone, we're aware of the current situation and monitoring it closely. If you receive a spam PM, just post the senders profile information in here for us - thanks!
    Forum Rules | Promoting Constructive Discussion | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Help Site

I’ve moved to a new position and I am no longer active on this forum. For assistance, please check the resources linked above
    Staff Post
  • kassandratheclericb14_ESO
    wrfsdfsdf 7:31PM
    *** is the most secure place to buy Elder Scrolls Gold.

100K G = 17 USD Instant Delivery.

This company has very good reputation, selling in-game currencies since 2005.

100% Handwork Guaranteed!

7/24 Customer Service!

Moderator Edit: Removed URL of gold site.
    Edited by ZOS_AmeliaR on May 4, 2014 12:28AM
  • kayakingcub18_ESO
    kayakingcub18_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Date from header:

Date: Sat, 3 May 2014 23:33:26 +0000

Content was identical to the previous message.
  • Ithilis
    Ithilis
    ✭✭✭

Freaked me out. This is getting very disturbing with this cancer..
    Leader of Storytellers&Slavers RP guild PC EU
    Officer in Aetherius Art Housing guild PC EU
    Saxhleel - Power to the Hist
  • Elona
    Elona
    ✭✭✭

Gold spam...
  • Ethoir
    Ethoir
    ✭✭✭
    Got this notification in my email from the ESO Community address a couple of hours ago.

@dsfdsfsasda sent you a message.

Gold Seller spam from "***". They need to get the hint they aren't welcome here. But the more people actually use these sites the more reason these gold sellers have to keep coming back to annoy us legit players.

The profile says he's banned already and was invited by "ZOS_AlanG". I'm also aware that nobody in the staff team do invites like that so how he got his profile to show he was invited by a staff member is beyond me.
    Participant in the Sanguine's Tester beta group since November 2013.
  • ZOS_AlanG
    ZOS_AlanG
    admin
    Ethoir wrote: »
    The profile says he's banned already and was invited by "ZOS_AlanG". I'm also aware that nobody in the staff team do invites like that so how he got his profile to show he was invited by a staff member is beyond me.
    Accounts created during beta generally do not have the "invited by" field on their profile, and we carried over active beta accounts to the live forums.

Since Early Access, however, we've been using a different invitation system, so those who were added during or after that time will show up as having been "invited" by a specific administrator.
    Forum Rules | Promoting Constructive Discussion | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Help Site

I’ve moved to a new position and I am no longer active on this forum. For assistance, please check the resources linked above
    Staff Post
  • Chryos
    Chryos
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Roxanne No they dont, they are cyber criminals who are involved in CC and identity theft amongst other things. Dont even go to their websites or they will phish you for personal data.
    If I am going to quote someone, it's going to be me.
  • Exosus
    Exosus
    dsfdsfsasda
  • Emohsnevar
    Emohsnevar
    ✭✭

(url placeholder) is the most secure place to buy Elder Scrolls Gold.
    • 100K G = 17 USD Instant Delivery.
    • This company has very good reputation, selling in-game currencies since 2005.
    • 100% Handwork Guaranteed!
    • 7/24 Customer Service!
    Edited by Emohsnevar on May 4, 2014 3:01AM
  • Exeter411
    Exeter411
    ✭✭✭
    Same message in my personal email account this evening (not the in-game email system)

xxxxxx is the most secure place to buy Elder Scrolls Gold.
    100K G = 17 USD Instant Delivery.
    This company has very good reputation, selling in-game currencies since 2005.
    100% Handwork Guaranteed!
    7/24 Customer Service!
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Booie
    Booie
    ✭✭
    "We will make sure that no matter where you live, every player in North America, Europe, Oceania, and many places beyond will have a polished, lag-free launch experience," -Matt Firor

"The Elder Scrolls Online is all about having a premium experience; from gameplay to customer service. So yes, we planned on having premium customer support from the beginning of the project, and put a lot of emphasis on best-in-class service." -Matt Firor