The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

BUG REPORT: Error 210 Patch Manifest Download Error On Launcher

• MageCatF4F
    MageCatF4F
    ✭✭✭✭
    The suggested ms easyfix worked for us.
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Someone on Steam on this link found a solution, and it worked for me and my husband and other users

https://steamcommunity.com/app/306130/discussions/0/3084394448721244140/

Looks like this is a problem with Windows 7 not enabling TLS 1.1 by default for the WinHTTP API. Zenimax must have updated the launcher site today.

I was able to get things to work by applying the fix in KB 3140245 (https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/update-to-enable-tls-1-1-and-tls-1-2-as-default-secure-protocols-in-winhttp-in-windows-c4bd73d2-31d7-761e-0178-11268bb10392).

Specifically I had to install the "Easy Fix" link (https://download.microsoft.com/download/0/6/5/0658B1A7-6D2E-474F-BC2C-D69E5B9E9A68/MicrosoftEasyFix51044.msi) to make the necessary registry updates, NOT just download the Windows update itself.

I hope it will help :smile:
    Swergdach wrote: »
    Basbor wrote: »
    Someone on Steam on this link found a solution, and it worked for me and my husband and other users

Looks like this is a problem with Windows 7 not enabling TLS 1.1 by default for the WinHTTP API. Zenimax must have updated the launcher site today.

I was able to get things to work by applying the fix in KB 3140245 (https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/update-to-enable-tls-1-1-and-tls-1-2-as-default-secure-protocols-in-winhttp-in-windows-c4bd73d2-31d7-761e-0178-11268bb10392).

Specifically I had to install the "Easy Fix" link (https://download.microsoft.com/download/0/6/5/0658B1A7-6D2E-474F-BC2C-D69E5B9E9A68/MicrosoftEasyFix51044.msi) to make the necessary registry updates, NOT just download the Windows update itself.

THANKS!

The MicrosoftEasyFix51044.msi solved the problem.

I confirm. However, the links above don't work for me. Googled "MicrosoftEasyFix51044.msi" and downloaded it here
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/answers/questions/247500/tls-11-and-tls-12-easy-fix-download-missing.html

Omg. Thank you both so much. I was in knots over this, I literally cannot afford to update to Win10 right now and I was freaking out very hard. Thank you thank you thank you.
  • etchedpixels
    etchedpixels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minyassa wrote: »
    Omg. Thank you both so much. I was in knots over this, I literally cannot afford to update to Win10 right now and I was freaking out very hard. Thank you thank you thank you.

MS don't exactly advertise the fact but an awful lot of legitimate Windows 7 licence keys include WIndows 10 upgrading, so before you blow a load of money on W10 grab the ISO from microsoft.com, make a backup and go through that. At worst it'll tell you that you need to buy a licence key, more likely it'll turn out you don't.
    Too many toons not enough time
  • lemonizzle
    lemonizzle
    ✭✭✭✭
    Win 7 and Steam, also stuck on "Loading..." in the launcher. I'll try the fix above, thank you.

update: It did work, with the working link for the installer.
    Edited by lemonizzle on October 7, 2021 9:43PM
  • etchedpixels
    etchedpixels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll try the MS EasyFix. My question is this: Apparently the 'fix' was released months and months ago, yet there was no issue with ESO (or anything else on my computer) until this update. What is in *this* update that borked it, if that is the problem for so many?

It's not the update that broke it (or anything on your machine directly)

For it to break
    - You must be running an obsolete Windows 7 with the older version of the library involved (if you installed anything that required a newer version and pulled it globally you'll not see it)
    - You must not have the registry keys set that enable the (then experimental) use of the newer protocol in Windows 7
    - The server must move from using the obsolete insecure version of TLS to a newer one for the file it serves.

So it actually didn't bite people until Zenimax fixed the outstanding server side security compliance.
    Too many toons not enough time
  • ghost_bg_ESO
    ghost_bg_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭

MS don't exactly advertise the fact but an awful lot of legitimate Windows 7 licence keys include WIndows 10 upgrading, so before you blow a load of money on W10 grab the ISO from microsoft.com, make a backup and go through that. At worst it'll tell you that you need to buy a licence key, more likely it'll turn out you don't.

it may still work:
    https://www.theverge.com/2020/1/14/21065140/how-to-upgrade-microsoft-windows-7-10-free-os
    https://www.laptopmag.com/articles/upgrade-to-windows-10-free
  • MageCatF4F
    MageCatF4F
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the suggestion, and the links. We created a windows 10 install on a flash stick. Will use on the old computer as an absolute last resort.

I use win 10. I don't hate it, it's just annoying.
  • B100d1ust88
    windows 8, can't install easy fix. this patch is not for this version OS.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you, it worked for me, and I didn't even have to reboot.

Considering that the vast majority of players aren't also forum users, I can imagine the number of new tickets ZOS is getting..... or people that simply stop playing the game. Curious that they wouldn't auto-enable it, or let people know in advance that they were restricting access to older systems. But thanks to everyone who helped.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • Ryath_Waylander
    Ryath_Waylander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Shirayuki_Sama Hallelujah! Thank you for posting this link. It worked! I'm going to go post a thanks to the original poster on Steam too. @ZOS_Kevin I am also running Win 7 and it looks like that's the common thread here. Annoying but I can't blame Zeni for my need to cling to my old OS. Thanks for your reply to the thread too.
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Hi All. Thank you for your feedback here. We have identified the issue is related to Windows 7 users. If you are encountering this issue on any other Windows operating system version, please let us know. To fix this issue on Windows 7, you must update to enable TLS 1.1 and TLS 1.2 as default secure protocols. The process is available here. We have tested this on our end and it has resolved the issue.

We have updated our support guide to reflect the solution highlighted above.You can find that here. This should fix this patcher issue in Windows 7. If you have any further issues, please let us know. Thank you for your patience here.

Edited by ZOS_Kevin on October 7, 2021 7:49PM
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Zephyrious
    Zephyrious
    Soul Shriven
    Tried the easy fix, can firm: worked.
    Wonder if this has anything to do with the expiration of all those digital certificates that just happened recently....*shrugs* Recommend people download the easy fix, run it, and see if it works for them.
  • B100d1ust88
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    Hi All. Thank you for your feedback here. We have identified the issue is related to Windows 7 users. If you are encountering this issue on any other Windows operating system version, please let us know. To fix this issue on Windows 7, you must update to enable TLS 1.1 and TLS 1.2 as default secure protocols. The process is available here. We have tested this on our end and it has resolved the issue.

We have updated our support guide to reflect the solution highlighted above.You can find that here. This should fix this patcher issue in Windows 7. If you have any further issues, please let us know. Thank you for your patience here.

two posts above...windows 8, same problem.
  • shadyjane62
    shadyjane62
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Thank you very much Basbor. My heart was in my throat when I got the 404 error on the other links. You have saved my husbands life. I could not take another day of him stalking around the house looking for Tamriel.
  • CasgarTheSomnolent
    CasgarTheSomnolent
    ✭✭✭
    Edit: Should have read the whole thread before typing.
    Edited by CasgarTheSomnolent on October 8, 2021 3:43AM
  • Fischblut
    Fischblut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I started having problem with Launcher since this Monday's patch. Also on Windows 7 SP1.

Launcher suddenly refused to download updates with Error 102. It even refused to Repair, with the same error :/

I tried many solutions both from Support and from internet. Nothing helped. And yesterday my Launcher started having same problem as described in this thread - endless loading, or Error 210 if it somehow managed to load. I fixed Error 210 now by installing the mentioned here update and applying EasyFix... But now my Launcher resumed to have same problem with Error 102 anyway :D

Support doesn't confirm it (most likely they don't know about it as well as I wouldn't know, because such change is not related to ESO and I found it accidentally), but looks like after Monday's ESO patch, there might be need to install other Security Updates related to changes to certificates from SHA1 to SHA2. My system is incompatible with that update (it doesn't start up and I have to perform system restore after I install one of those updates). Those updates are KB4474419 and KB4490628.
    I just wish there was official confirmation for this, so that I would at least be sure that installing new system (Windows 10 in this case) will 100% fix my Launcher.

It's the absolute worst time to prepare for changing my system, so I have high chance to miss Blackwood event and my reward bundle from the store (for reaching 100% community progress) :'(

My ticket number is 211005-004626
  • B100d1ust88
    ok, now my launcher wont load at all. I run it, then it shows downloading and thats all....hanging...
    Edited by B100d1ust88 on October 7, 2021 5:59PM
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Hi All, for those of you on Windows 8 encountering this issue, we are investigating a different workaround for you. We will update when we have more information. In the meantime, if you could send your Host File logs, that would be helpful in finding a solution. You can send that to me via private message.

If you need instructions on how to get this file, please refer to the article, linked here.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

@ZOS_Kevin -- there is a colon missing after the "https" in your link to the update process above that makes the page not found. Easy to miss and it completely stumped me all day yesterday until I happened to look over the link carefully, might throw some people off.
  • meekmiko
    meekmiko
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@ZOS_Kevin -- there is a colon missing after the "https" in your link to the update process above that makes the page not found. Easy to miss and it completely stumped me all day yesterday until I happened to look over the link carefully, might throw some people off.

Not just a missing colon, but the whole first "http: //" needs to be removed for the link to work.

Edited to add a space between : and // to keep it from trying to make itself into a link, lawl
    Edited by meekmiko on October 7, 2021 6:47PM
    🌟PC/NA CP2025+ [Been playing since 2016]
    vMA / vVH / vDSA / vBRP / vAA HM / vSO HM / vHRC HM / vMoL HM / vHoF HM / vAS+1& +1 / vCR+2 / vSS / vRG
    • 🌩️ ⚔️ EP - Jessamine Seed-Nightrun, Dro-m'Athra Destroyer / Bosmer StamSorc (DPS) -Main DPS-
    • ☀️ 🛡️ EP - Mihi'Mai-Ra, Plague of Peryite / Khajiit StamPlar (Tank) -Main Tank-
    • ☀️ ✨ EP - Lady Lapa'au, The Magnanimous / Khajiit MagPlar (Healer) -Main Healer-
    • 🌩️ ☄️ EP - Ra'venk, Style Master / Khajiit MagSorc (DPS)
    • 🗡️ ⚔️ EP - Bird gra-Shuzgub, Forge Breaker / Orc StamBlade (DPS)
    • 🗡️ ✨ EP - Blades-at-the-Ready, Witch / Argonian MagBlade (Healer)
    • ☀️ ⚔️ EP - Lady Fortuna the Blessed, Grand Champion / Imperial StamPlar (DPS)
    • 🔥 🛡️ EP - Plays-in Volcanoes, Mystic / Argonian StamDK (Tank)
    • 💀 ☄️ EP - Ko'shamari the Doomweaver, Dovahkriid / Khajiit MagNecro (DPS)
    • 🌱 ✨ EP - Sorvete, Countess / Khajiit StamDen (Healer)
    • 🔥 🏹 EP - Falora Veloth, The Merciless / Dunmer StamDK (DPS)
    • 🌩️ 🛡️ AD - Shimmers-with-Static, Spark of Vengeance / Argonian StamSorc (Tank)
    • ☀️ ⚔️ EP - Amarri-do the Magnificent, Clan Mother / Khajiit StamPlar (DPS)
    • 🌩️ ⚔️ EP - Z'majii-dar the Quick, Battlegrounds Butcher / Khajiit StamSorc (DPS)
    • 🔥 ⚔️ EP - Habasi the Glamorous, Seeker of Artifacts / Khajiit StamDK (DPS)
    • ❄️ 🛡️ EP - Elísabet Skull-Smasher, Thane of Falkreath / Nord StamDen (Tank)
    • 🗡️ 🛡️ EP - Yana-la the Iron Lotus, Silver Knight / Khajiit StamBlade (Tank)
    • 👁️ ☄️ EP - Mog gra-Ushug the Scholar, Master Historian / Orc MagCanist (DPS)
    • 👁️ 🔨 EP - Mamaea the Sledgehammer, Alpha Predator / Khajiit StamCanist (DPS)
    • 👁️ 🏹 AD - Elsyiir Lichenhollow, Lady / Bosmer StamCanist (DPS)
    • & I only dabble on the PC/EU server sometimes
    • 🗡️ ⚔️ AD - Jessamine Seed-Nightrun / Bosmer StamBlade (DPS)
    • 🌩️ ⚔️ EP - Sings-a-Song-of-Storms / Argonian StamSorc (DPS)
    • 🗡️ ☄️ DC - Helainie the Shadebringer / Breton MagBlade (DPS)
    • 🌩️ ☄️ EP - Steals-Many-Hearts / Argonian MagSorc (DPS)
    • 🗡️ ⚔️ AD - Pashet the Nimble / Khajiit StamBlade (DPS)
    • 🔥 🏹☄️ EP - Furoni the Ember / Dunmer HybridDK (DPS)
    • 👁️ ☄️ EP - Am-Kesh / Argonian MagCanist (DPS)
    • 💀 ⚔️ AD - Dro'Vashpar the Corrupted / Khajiit StamNecro (DPS)
    • 🔥 ⚔️ AD - Eldrinthr the Flame-Heart / Bosmer StamDK (DPS)
    • 👁️ ☄️ AD - Bajaa the Blackened Beast / Khajiit MagNecro (DPS)
  • tambo.01b16_ESO
    tambo.01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    The correct link for the fix is on the Microsoft site and can be opened by clicking Here. Note: this is for Window7 x64

This takes you to the section

Easy fix

To add the DefaultSecureProtocols registry subkey automatically, click here. In the File Download dialog box, click Run or Open, and then follow the steps in the easy fix wizard.....

On this page, click on the link that says 'here' (highlighted above)

This will download the file to your PC. Run the file. It will create a restore point then run the small app and finish.
    No need to restart PC. The launcher should open without further issues.
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Dang it! Don't know how the link got messed up. It had the colon in the embed. Thanks for catching that @Minyassa. And thank you @tambo.01b16_ESO for posting the working link. Appreciate you both.

I have updated the previous post, so it should have the updated working link.

Staff Post
  • Lakih
    Lakih
    Soul Shriven

Thank you so much! It worked fine for me. <3
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It worked! Thanks! I have been able to play using eso64.exe, but was worried that I would be locked out of game when a new patch is released. You don't need launcher working to play game, but you do need it to update game.
  • radogamer
    radogamer
    ✭✭
    My daughter is having this issue, I created a report and we'll be getting on her account later today to send it to you.

Glad I looked in on the forums!
  • Ashryn
    Ashryn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That WAS an easy fix! Thank you to everyone who found the issue, the fix, and explained it!
  • unchainedzulu
    unchainedzulu
    ✭✭✭
    thank you for the EasyFix! thats what i used and it solved my issues.

also, thanks for the windows update prompt.
  • dogmycats
    dogmycats
    ✭✭✭
    Hi All, for those of you on Windows 8 encountering this issue, we are investigating a different workaround for you. We will update when we have more information. In the meantime, if you could send your Host File logs, that would be helpful in finding a solution. You can send that to me via private message.

If you need instructions on how to get this file, please refer to the article, linked here.

It's been a few days since the problem arise.
    Why don't eso fix the Launcher?
    Players not in the forums can't fix this issue and still can't login the game.
    Please pay more attention to those who still using win7/win8.
  • CasgarTheSomnolent
    CasgarTheSomnolent
    ✭✭✭
    Also, followed instructions on Microsoft website and used the easy fix. Everything is working now.

Was it not necessarily to add the TLS 1.1/Client/DisabledByDefault entries as described farther down on that page? (same for TLS 1.2) Well, I did that as well before starting the launcher. Things are working. Maybe that wasn't necessary. It doesn't seem to have caused any issues.
    Edited by CasgarTheSomnolent on October 8, 2021 4:10AM
  • Ryath_Waylander
    Ryath_Waylander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dogmycats wrote: »

It's been a few days since the problem arise.
    Why don't eso fix the Launcher?
    Players not in the forums can't fix this issue and still can't login the game.
    Please pay more attention to those who still using win7/win8.

Unfortunately it's a problem with us running Win 7/8 and not the Launcher that's broken. Remember Win 7 is no longer supported. This is not the first game I have recently had to find a manual fix and workaround for. I still prefer Win 7 but even the next CPU/motherboard upgrade I will do is requiring Win 10. It's becoming a hardware issue too when your new cpu isn't compatible with Win 7.