The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

BUG REPORT: Error 210 Patch Manifest Download Error On Launcher

• Seravi
    Seravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just did the fix mentioned and it is working again! YAY!! Thanks to everyone I sent a "SMG - Save My Game" shoulder tap to on Twitter for putting attention on this. Thanks to @ZOS_Kevin for working with me for hours the first day trying to find the cause. Now back to Blackwood to slay some monsters! :)
    Options
  • tim77
    tim77
    ✭✭✭✭
    dogmycats wrote: »
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    Hi All, for those of you on Windows 8 encountering this issue, we are investigating a different workaround for you. We will update when we have more information. In the meantime, if you could send your Host File logs, that would be helpful in finding a solution. You can send that to me via private message.

If you need instructions on how to get this file, please refer to the article, linked here.

It's been a few days since the problem arise.
    Why don't eso fix the Launcher?
    Players not in the forums can't fix this issue and still can't login the game.
    Please pay more attention to those who still using win7/win8.

Unfortunately it's a problem with us running Win 7/8 and not the Launcher that's broken. Remember Win 7 is no longer supported. This is not the first game I have recently had to find a manual fix and workaround for. I still prefer Win 7 but even the next CPU/motherboard upgrade I will do is requiring Win 10. It's becoming a hardware issue too when your new cpu isn't compatible with Win 7.

yeah, thats a big shame. Win 10 was designed as OS for mobile and desktop. Windows Mobile failed hard, and now we are stuck with the feeling of using a mobile OS on desktop, while having no mobile version of it at all any more. Its just feels clumsy and bumpy. Even the colors just feel as a faded out version of real colors.
    Options
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Thank you, @Seravi for bringing this up and taking some time to help troubleshoot. Much appreciated. And thanks to everyone who pitched in to help your fellow adventurers!

giphy.gif
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Nisekev
    Nisekev
    ✭✭✭✭
    Win7 x64, tried EasyFix, it didn't work.
    Options
  • meekmiko
    meekmiko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nisekev wrote: »
    Win7 x64, tried EasyFix, it didn't work.

Same thing for my boyfriend.
    He tried downloading and running the EasyFix, but it didn't fix the problem.

He went and checked his ESO folder on his solid state and noticed that everything was missing out of it except for some ESO uninstaller thing. I had him go check his Zenimax folder in his Steam and that was missing all of the files as well except for like one ESO voice folder.

He didn't do anything to cause it all to disappear.
    Game worked for him a few days ago, and then poof doesn't work and everything is missing.

So now he uninstalled it from Steam and is having to redownload the whole thing. It's the only thing we could think to do since everything is gone

Edit:
    Just wanted to post an update over here.
    Boyfriend finished reinstalling ESO two days ago and now it's back to working, so he's happy.
    This being after downloading and using the fix without success, verifying the game files through Steam, finding everything randomly deleted, and then finally uninstalling and reinstalling.
    Just weird all around. /shrug
    Edited by meekmiko on October 10, 2021 12:04PM
    🌟PC/NA CP2025+ [Been playing since 2016]
    vMA / vVH / vDSA / vBRP / vAA HM / vSO HM / vHRC HM / vMoL HM / vHoF HM / vAS+1 & +1 / vCR+2 / vSS / vKA/ vRG
    • 🌩️ ⚔️ EP - Jessamine Seed-Nightrun, Dro-m'Athra Destroyer / Bosmer StamSorc (DPS) -Main DPS-
    • ☀️ 🛡️ EP - Mihi'Mai-Ra, Plague of Peryite / Khajiit StamPlar (Tank) -Main Tank-
    • ☀️ ✨ EP - Lady Lapa'au, The Magnanimous / Khajiit MagPlar (Healer) -Main Healer-
    • 🌩️ ☄️ EP - Ra'venk, Style Master / Khajiit MagSorc (DPS)
    • 🗡️ ⚔️ EP - Bird gra-Shuzgub, Forge Breaker / Orc StamBlade (DPS)
    • 🗡️ ✨ EP - Blades-at-the-Ready, Witch / Argonian MagBlade (Healer)
    • ☀️ ⚔️ EP - Lady Fortuna the Blessed, Grand Champion / Imperial StamPlar (DPS)
    • 🔥 🛡️ EP - Plays-in Volcanoes, Mystic / Argonian StamDK (Tank)
    • 💀 ☄️ EP - Ko'shamari the Doomweaver, Dovahkriid / Khajiit MagNecro (DPS)
    • 🌱 ✨ EP - Sorvete, Countess / Khajiit StamDen (Healer)
    • 🔥 🏹 EP - Falora Veloth, The Merciless / Dunmer StamDK (DPS)
    • 🌩️ 🛡️ AD - Shimmers-with-Static, Spark of Vengeance / Argonian StamSorc (Tank)
    • ☀️ ⚔️ EP - Amarri-do the Magnificent, Clan Mother / Khajiit StamPlar (DPS)
    • 🌩️ ⚔️ EP - Z'majii-dar the Quick, Battlegrounds Butcher / Khajiit StamSorc (DPS)
    • 🔥 ⚔️ EP - Habasi the Glamorous, Seeker of Artifacts / Khajiit StamDK (DPS)
    • ❄️ 🛡️ EP - Elísabet Skull-Smasher, Thane of Falkreath / Nord StamDen (Tank)
    • 🗡️ 🛡️ EP - Yana-la the Iron Lotus, Silver Knight / Khajiit StamBlade (Tank)
    • 👁️ ☄️ EP - Mog gra-Ushug the Scholar, Master Historian / Orc MagCanist (DPS)
    • 👁️ 🔨 EP - Mamaea the Sledgehammer, Alpha Predator / Khajiit StamCanist (DPS)
    • 👁️ 🏹 AD - Elsyiir Lichenhollow, Lady / Bosmer StamCanist (DPS)
    • & I only dabble on the PC/EU server sometimes
    • 🗡️ ⚔️ AD - Jessamine Seed-Nightrun / Bosmer StamBlade (DPS)
    • 🌩️ ⚔️ EP - Sings-a-Song-of-Storms / Argonian StamSorc (DPS)
    • 🗡️ ☄️ DC - Helainie the Shadebringer / Breton MagBlade (DPS)
    • 🌩️ ☄️ EP - Steals-Many-Hearts / Argonian MagSorc (DPS)
    • 🗡️ ⚔️ AD - Pashet the Nimble / Khajiit StamBlade (DPS)
    • 🔥 🏹☄️ EP - Furoni the Ember / Dunmer HybridDK (DPS)
    • 👁️ ☄️ EP - Am-Kesh / Argonian MagCanist (DPS)
    • 🔥 ⚔️ AD - Eldrinthr the Flame-Heart / Bosmer StamDK (DPS)
    • 👁️ ☄️ AD - Bajaa the Blackened Beast / Khajiit MagNecro (DPS)
    • 💀 ⚔️ AD - Vashpurri-do the Corrupt / Khajiit StamNecro (DPS)
    Options
  • Seravi
    Seravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks like this is a problem with Windows 7 not enabling TLS 1.1 by default for the WinHTTP API. Zenimax must have updated the launcher site today.

I was able to get things to work by applying the fix in KB 3140245 (https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/update-to-enable-tls-1-1-and-tls-1-2-as-default-secure-protocols-in-winhttp-in-windows-c4bd73d2-31d7-761e-0178-11268bb10392).

Specifically I had to install the "Easy Fix" link (https://download.microsoft.com/download/0/6/5/0658B1A7-6D2E-474F-BC2C-D69E5B9E9A68/MicrosoftEasyFix51044.msi) to make the necessary registry updates, NOT just download the Windows update itself.

WIN 7 X64 Ultimate and I had to do both steps, download and update KB3140245 then I did the Easy Fix. Worked great! Make sure you have Service Pack 1 installed or it won't work. Language packs muck with the update as well but all of this info is in the KB article and tells you what to update so the patch will work. Doesn't hurt to download and install the msu then the msi easy fix but BOTH are dependent on having SP1 installed.
    Edited by Seravi on October 8, 2021 7:45PM
    Options
  • Castian
    Castian
    ✭✭✭
    Using Win7 x64 the EasyFix worked without additional steps. I have to state a concern about applying any of the Win Updates after one in particular didn't mesh with my ASUS MB and reported a change to the firmware that forced me to alter to bootup sequence in order to bring up windows.
    Options
  • Hermetist
    Hermetist
    Had the same error on Win7 64-bit, using the EasyFix alone didn't solve it, but installing the update mentioned above (KB3140245) made the launcher start normally.

Another issue I got, though, is the following:

When I launch the game from the launcher as normal, it tries to login and I get the error message: Unabe to initialize connection to Steam. Please ensure the game was launched through Steam or try again later.

The point is that my version of the game is Steam one. And I do launch it through Steam. What can be done with this?
    Options
  • B100d1ust88
    Hello, again!
    Happy to say that I was able to solve this problem with your help guys!

I downloaded and installed "Windows Embedded 8 Standard x64 (KB3140245) from this page https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/search.aspx?q=kb3140245 and then i ran MicrosoftEasyFix51044.msi in compatibility mode with the previous version OS.

And it worked!

Before that i tried to add registry keys manually...and without this "kb-update" nothing worked.

Thank you all. And thanks to ZOS_KEVIN!
    Edited by B100d1ust88 on October 9, 2021 8:29AM
    Options
  • MilitiaMasterV
    I'm not even going to 'test' this 'fix'....because it involves messing around with the registry, and changing a 'default' (Natural state) of the computer from 'off' to 'on'. The fact that you are all just casually OK with a company essentially doing what amounts to 'opening a port for a hacker' on all your rigs because you don't know what it does and just apply it because some person told you to is kind of silly. When it opens up a problem later down the line, because someone has easy access to your rig through that opening that is made, then whatever.

I personally use Win 7 (x64, I believe) with the updates shut off, because there was a point where Microsoft said they stopped supporting it and because there was a spot in their updates that if I applied it, it essentially stopped my OS from functioning on my rig and would turn into a 'system restore' hedoublehockeysticks of multiple backup restores, so I could never update farther.

(As a side note, for those telling others to 'just use the free update to Win10' I did that kind of stuff on previous iterations of Windows OS's and they give you a 'free PERIOD' then they start to lock up your OS and tell you 'you need to pay for a license' 'or else'. I bought this Win 7 license, so it's 'good'. I'm not going to upgrade to something that will then constantly badger me to pay for a license. And from what I hear, Win10 was a mess, and Win11 is 'coming out soon', so upgrading to Win10 will just put you on the next 'We're not going to update that anymore soon'. All disregarding the fact that Microsoft said 'This'll be the last OS we ever make, because it'll be a framework for people to use things from.'. Is there any wonder we don't trust companies anymore?)

The fact that the launcher/game went from functioning one day to totally frozen the next, says this isn't on my end, and is purely on the game companies end...for them 'throwing a switch' somewhere. The fact that they are telling us they won't revert the switch, implies they are trying to finagle something through that hole they are creating in your system.

This means that they may be finally curing me of playing ESO, as I can never access it again, and thus they will have permanently lost a customer. That's on them. Not on me.

I did all the 'updates' for things like my drivers/Javascript, and checking exclusions, and deleting specific folders/programs like Adobe and updating C++ and even tried a fresh install and even tried logging on my Anti-viruses's VPN to get it to let it function before I was 'directed' to this thread by them locking my thread asking for help in the 'General Help' forum. So everything is 'up-to-date' on my computer now except for Windows updates past that point I can't go.

This means that they just lose a person who'd been playing hardcore for months, who'd been even soloing world bosses with call-outs in zones asking if anyone even needs em to show up and participate. Had been slowly progressing story and had map completed all of glenumbra/stormhaven/vvardenfell (Except dungeons/trials...all delves done though.) and pushed story through up on a few other areas...was up to Fort Virak on Stonefalls story, and had done up to Haven/'Bracken's Briars' tree village in that story bit. And some Summerset stuff also, along with finishing out most of assassination story line/thieves guild on 7 characters. Who had paid for a year of ESO+ at one point.

Essentially means I'll never see the conclusion of any of that, because of something they did with their launcher. Good job!
    Options
  • B100d1ust88
    I'm not even going to 'test' this 'fix'....because it involves messing around with the registry, and changing a 'default' (Natural state) of the computer from 'off' to 'on'. The fact that you are all just casually OK with a company essentially doing what amounts to 'opening a port for a hacker' on all your rigs because you don't know what it does and just apply it because some person told you to is kind of silly.
    KB3140245 is an official microsoft update. And MicrosoftEasyFix51044 too.
    I think this does not make your computer insecure. This update just chooses a different http secure protocol as the default.
    You can manually enable them all by default (ssl 2.0/3.0, tls 1.0/1.1/1.2). You just need to change the value of the registry key DefaultSecureProtocols to "aa8" in all paths as mentioned in the manual https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/update-to-enable-tls-1-1-and-tls-1-2-as-default-secure-protocols-in-winhttp-in-windows-c4bd73d2-31d7-761e-0178-11268bb10392.

But i also think all of these updates should have been provided by the game developer before the last update as well as directx or microsoft c ++ redistributable.
    Edited by B100d1ust88 on October 9, 2021 11:15AM
    Options
  • uberheim
    uberheim
    I'm not even going to 'test' this 'fix'....because it involves messing around with the registry, and changing a 'default' (Natural state) of the computer from 'off' to 'on'. The fact that you are all just casually OK with a company essentially doing what amounts to 'opening a port for a hacker' on all your rigs because you don't know what it does and just apply it because some person told you to is kind of silly. When it opens up a problem later down the line, because someone has easy access to your rig through that opening that is made, then whatever.

I personally use Win 7 (x64, I believe)

- Did you try launch eso64.exe? It still works.
    I lost nothing without a launcher, except news.
    - MicrosoftEasyFix51044 didn't work for me (Win7)

Edited by uberheim on October 9, 2021 5:49PM
    Options
  • buzonnewsb16_ESO
    Hi,

My problems started one day when I launched the game. I got Error 102-DownloadError_InvalidMetafile.
    After trying everything, I uninstalled, downloaded a new installer, and launched a fresh installation from scratch.

Then I started getting the 210-PatchManifest_DownloadError error.

I put my problem in this forums but you closed my thread and redirected me to this thread and I could see that apparently the problem was TLS, that I must to install a patch from Microsoft and then run the easy fix.

Well, I have done all that, rebooted, checked the registry entries and all I have achieved is to return to the original error: Error 102-DownloadError_InvalidMetafile.

I went back to following the steps in the KB Article for this error:

STEP 1: TEST FOR CONNECTION ISSUES - Ok
    STEP 2: RUN THE ESO LAUNCHER AS AN ADMINISTRATOR - Ok
    STEP 3: ENSURE THE ESO FILES ARE ADDED TO YOUR FIREWALL AND ANTI-VIRUS PROGRAMS - Ok
    STEP 4: DELETE THE PROGRAMDATA FOLDER - Done
    STEP 5: REPAIR THE GAME CLIENT - Not applicable. I am not updating. I'm installing.

I think I need a sixth step.
    Options
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tim77 wrote: »
    dogmycats wrote: »
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    Hi All, for those of you on Windows 8 encountering this issue, we are investigating a different workaround for you. We will update when we have more information. In the meantime, if you could send your Host File logs, that would be helpful in finding a solution. You can send that to me via private message.

If you need instructions on how to get this file, please refer to the article, linked here.

It's been a few days since the problem arise.
    Why don't eso fix the Launcher?
    Players not in the forums can't fix this issue and still can't login the game.
    Please pay more attention to those who still using win7/win8.

Unfortunately it's a problem with us running Win 7/8 and not the Launcher that's broken. Remember Win 7 is no longer supported. This is not the first game I have recently had to find a manual fix and workaround for. I still prefer Win 7 but even the next CPU/motherboard upgrade I will do is requiring Win 10. It's becoming a hardware issue too when your new cpu isn't compatible with Win 7.

yeah, thats a big shame. Win 10 was designed as OS for mobile and desktop. Windows Mobile failed hard, and now we are stuck with the feeling of using a mobile OS on desktop, while having no mobile version of it at all any more. Its just feels clumsy and bumpy. Even the colors just feel as a faded out version of real colors.

It sounds like you're thinking of Windows 8, not Windows 10?
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
    Options
  • brimits
    brimits
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you - The Easy fix worked for me. I did not even even have to get the patch separately. At last I canstart getting my event tickets again :smiley:
    Options
  • MilitiaMasterV
    uberheim wrote: »
    - Did you try launch eso64.exe? It still works.
    I lost nothing without a launcher, except news.
    - MicrosoftEasyFix51044 didn't work for me (Win7)

I can't. The installer to install the files (It's literally called 'Install ESO.exe'), freezes before it installs that file (Or it's named something else.) and stays locked on 'Loading' forever. I did a 'fresh/clean' install, in other words, I deleted the whole ESO file on my computer (Uninstalled from Add/Remove programs, then made sure to purge any other files it 'missed' from the actual file location.) and logged in on the website and used the game installer from my account (No, I didn't save a backup, because I don't have easy remove-able media sticks to store it on and I didn't want it to cause a problem down the road by causing a conflict where it confused old files with new.).

It has a 'Bethesda.net_Launcher.exe' launcher, but when I try and use that, it just goes to the permanent load screen. There is no file called that on my computer after this 'fresh install' which I've attempted 5 times this time alone. (I deleted some logs, so there was even more attempts.) It's just permenantly locked.

Edit : Missed an apostrophe!
    Edited by MilitiaMasterV on October 10, 2021 12:44AM
    Options
  • aussie500
    aussie500
    ✭✭✭
    My 64bit WIN 7 home edition PC has also thrown the towel in and the ESO launcher is not working, patch manifest error, cannot repair, easy fix mentioned did not work. I do not usually use this PC for ESO, but wanted to have a look at something on the PTS, and it is only on the old PC.

Launcher still works on the WIN 10 PC, although for the last 2 days the play button is a bit slow appearing takes a few minutes which is unusual.
    Options
  • LalMirchi
    LalMirchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi,

My problems started one day when I launched the game. I got Error 102-DownloadError_InvalidMetafile.
    After trying everything, I uninstalled, downloaded a new installer, and launched a fresh installation from scratch.

Then I started getting the 210-PatchManifest_DownloadError error.

I put my problem in this forums but you closed my thread and redirected me to this thread and I could see that apparently the problem was TLS, that I must to install a patch from Microsoft and then run the easy fix.

Well, I have done all that, rebooted, checked the registry entries and all I have achieved is to return to the original error: Error 102-DownloadError_InvalidMetafile.

I went back to following the steps in the KB Article for this error:

STEP 1: TEST FOR CONNECTION ISSUES - Ok
    STEP 2: RUN THE ESO LAUNCHER AS AN ADMINISTRATOR - Ok
    STEP 3: ENSURE THE ESO FILES ARE ADDED TO YOUR FIREWALL AND ANTI-VIRUS PROGRAMS - Ok
    STEP 4: DELETE THE PROGRAMDATA FOLDER - Done
    STEP 5: REPAIR THE GAME CLIENT - Not applicable. I am not updating. I'm installing.

I think I need a sixth step.

I would suggest downloading and installing the game from https://account.elderscrollsonline.com/users/account instead of step 5.
    Options
  • Seravi
    Seravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trust me I am not someone that just installs updates. I researched this well before installing. Once they said TLS I fully understood ESO changed from TLS 1.0 to requiring TLS 1.1 and 1.2, etc. That makes our connections more secure to the servers so this is not a bad thing. All the registry edits do is turn this on. Easy enough to do manually if you wish without the update. They reg edits are in the hotfix article somewhere.

Options
  • aussie500
    aussie500
    ✭✭✭
    I did eventually get my Win7 PC to work using both the update and the fix.
    Edited by aussie500 on October 10, 2021 1:12PM
    Options
  • Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    Someone on Steam on this link found a solution, and it worked for me and my husband and other users

https://steamcommunity.com/app/306130/discussions/0/3084394448721244140/

Looks like this is a problem with Windows 7 not enabling TLS 1.1 by default for the WinHTTP API. Zenimax must have updated the launcher site today.

I was able to get things to work by applying the fix in KB 3140245 (https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/update-to-enable-tls-1-1-and-tls-1-2-as-default-secure-protocols-in-winhttp-in-windows-c4bd73d2-31d7-761e-0178-11268bb10392).

Specifically I had to install the "Easy Fix" link (https://download.microsoft.com/download/0/6/5/0658B1A7-6D2E-474F-BC2C-D69E5B9E9A68/MicrosoftEasyFix51044.msi) to make the necessary registry updates, NOT just download the Windows update itself.

I hope it will help :smile:

When I attempted to install the TLS "fix" while following one of the two Troubleshooting protocols, the system declined because it has already been installed -- quite a long time ago, I believe. From your remarks, I suppose that the issue might exist for some Steam users.

Regardless, the Launcher issue has not been resolved for me, and, probably not for most of the other Windows 7 diehards playing TESO. Why am I still running Windows 7? Have you looked at the desktop after Windows 10 is installed? Microsoft's marketing department designed it. They explicitly pretend that the principal, if not only, software that we run is "licensed" by Microsoft. Anything else is irrelevant or trivial to them and shoved aside into a sub-menu box that looks like an afterthought.

--- Shadowshire .......... ESO Plus on PC NA with Windows 7 Pro SP1

nil carborundum illegitimi
    Options
  • uberheim
    uberheim
    Hello, again!
    Happy to say that I was able to solve this problem with your help guys!

I downloaded and installed "Windows Embedded 8 Standard x64 (KB3140245) from this page https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/search.aspx?q=kb3140245 and then i ran MicrosoftEasyFix51044.msi in compatibility mode with the previous version OS.

And it worked!

Before that i tried to add registry keys manually...and without this "kb-update" nothing worked.

Thank you all. And thanks to ZOS_KEVIN!

— Yep, it worked for me too.
    Options
  • MilitiaMasterV
    Regardless, the Launcher issue has not been resolved for me, and, probably not for most of the other Windows 7 diehards playing TESO. Why am I still running Windows 7?

I've been literally unable to load the game to play ever since they toggled something in the launcher. They apparently don't care about us as customers, so I'm thinking I don't much care for them as a business anymore, and am pondering never coming back/playing any of their future games at this rate (And will feel free to share my contempt on other websites I use in reference to this situation.).

When they literally just deprive you of access with the flip of a switch and it's nothing you did on your end, denying the ability to play something you paid money for. (I was a year-long ESO+ member at one point.)

I use Win 7 because I paid for a license for it 9 years ago and I'm disabled and poor so I'm not going to pay for a license to another OS which probably costs like $500 nowadays/build another rig (My rig cost almost as much as I'm legally allowed to save on disability back then..) any time soon, though yeah I probably need to.
    Options
  • Thorgal
    Thorgal
    ✭✭✭
    The problem dates back to 2015, so do you have enough time to fix it?
    Why suddenly does it no longer work?
    this is done on purpose to change the operating system!
    no then, six years to find a solution should be enough?
    Because at the moment the launcher no longer works.
    So in the Tuesday update I am no longer playing?
    Thank you for your help ;)
    PS: I am under win 8
    Edited by Thorgal on October 16, 2021 5:11PM
    " Je ne suis pas un homme, je suis une arme de forme humaine. Sortez-moi de mon fourreau et pointez-moi vers l'ennemi." .Skyrim - Hrongar à Fort Dragon.
    Options
  • Tyralbin
    Tyralbin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thorgal wrote: »
    The problem dates back to 2015, so do you have enough time to fix it?
    Why suddenly does it no longer work?
    this is done on purpose to change the operating system!
    no then, six years to find a solution should be enough?
    Because at the moment the launcher no longer works.
    So in the Tuesday update I am no longer playing?
    Thank you for your help ;)
    PS: I am under win 8

Should be fine this week as not a patch so no need to download anything.
    Live a little love a lot send all your gold to this Imperials pot.
    Options
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Someone on Steam on this link found a solution, and it worked for me and my husband and other users

https://steamcommunity.com/app/306130/discussions/0/3084394448721244140/

I hope it will help :smile:

When I attempted to install the TLS "fix" while following one of the two Troubleshooting protocols, the system declined because it has already been installed -- quite a long time ago, I believe. From your remarks, I suppose that the issue might exist for some Steam users.

Regardless, the Launcher issue has not been resolved for me, and, probably not for most of the other Windows 7 diehards playing TESO. Why am I still running Windows 7? Have you looked at the desktop after Windows 10 is installed? Microsoft's marketing department designed it. They explicitly pretend that the principal, if not only, software that we run is "licensed" by Microsoft. Anything else is irrelevant or trivial to them and shoved aside into a sub-menu box that looks like an afterthought.

As at the beginning of last year I had two desktop home PCs running Windows 7. In January 2020 I updated one of them to Windows 10, following the tutorial here:-

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/139745-upgrade-windows-10-windows-7-free.html

Because Windows 10 was installed as an upgrade rather than as a clean install, the desktop on the machine running Windows 10 looks indistinguishable from the one still running Windows 7. It basically applied Windows 10 to my existing setup and the only application that wouldn't work (which I was notified about on completion of the upgrade) was CPUID HWMonitor which simply required the latest version to be downloaded and installed.

To deal with a point raised by @MilitiaMasterV, upgrading from Windows 7 to 10 is still available at no cost, as per the above tutorial.
    Options
  • Seravi
    Seravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone still having issues, until they release an update you can play the game by accessing the eso (dot) exe file. It is located in the Zenimax Online / The Elder scrolls Online / game / client folder. Just double click the exe file and you will go directly to the login page for the game.

The TLS change is something that a lot of companies should have done long ago but didn't. There comes a time when even companies are forced to make changes they know will cause issues. I think Zen could have posted a fix for the WIN 7 and 8 users before it happened. Bad form on whoever their security guru is for not realizing what this change would do.

My hubbs is an amazing F5 Engineer and deals with this mess daily. He REQUIRES companies to test in a non prod environment apps, different OS types etc and when they sign off no issues he will load it in production. If he or the companies miss one thing, well you will read about a huge internet outage on the news so these are things he forces the companies to look at. I know ESO it is a game but someone should really tap the security guy on the shoulder the next time they decide to secure connections to the server and make sure there are no OS issues. It isn't a bad thing, just the way it was handled was bad. Just my two cents. :)
    Edited by Seravi on October 19, 2021 1:37PM
    Options
  • Thorgal
    Thorgal
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you for the help message that I was able to read;)
    I have tried a few, but it doesn't work for me.
    For example Easy-Fix is not supported for my operating system and does not launch ^^.
    For the moment I am doing the updates for someone who has win 10 and I am using the files which are ready.
    it's a little faster than doing endless checks!
    Why it's up to me to look for a solution! lol
    (even the stars of our avatars do not appear (??) u u u) :)
    lol, I had not seen it is due to the translation sorry ^^
    Edited by Thorgal on October 20, 2021 1:47PM
    " Je ne suis pas un homme, je suis une arme de forme humaine. Sortez-moi de mon fourreau et pointez-moi vers l'ennemi." .Skyrim - Hrongar à Fort Dragon.
    Options
  • OwenDaring
    OwenDaring
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OwenDaring wrote: »

[ WinHttp.reg ]
    Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\WinHttp]
    "DefaultSecureProtocols"=dword:00000a00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\WinHttp\Passport Test]
    "ConfigVersion"=dword:00000000

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\WinHttp\Tracing]

1. Den Inhalt zwischen den [code]-Markierungen in eine Datei mit dem entsprechenden Namen kopieren & speichern.
    2. Rechts-Klick drauf
    3. auf „Zusammenführen“ klicken & bestätigen.
    4. Fertig ist die Laube.

„Wenn jemand Gutes von dir denkt, dann bemühe dich, dass er recht hat.“
    Ali ibn Abi Taalib

Buried in Morrowind: 2017-10-11
    Options
  • Thorgal
    Thorgal
    ✭✭✭
    Ich möchte es versuchen.
    Aber ich muss erstellen, was markiert ist, ist das?
    oder gibt es das schon?
    Dankeschön
    Options