The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[Class Rep] Dragonknight Feedback Thread

• ArcVelarian
    ArcVelarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cor_ wrote: »
    At this point I'd welcome any and all attention. DD DK just feels so bad to play compared to the others.

As I've said repeatedly, it's mostly DK's abysmal sustain that's the issue (which is amplified on Mag DK). Overhaul Combustion to provide magicka and stamina regen when DK abilities deal any damage and that would greatly help.

I think the biggest issue is that when you spec into proccing burning, your sustain is reallly good but your damage is hampered, but if you don't spec into it, you will hardly notice it. You lose pretty much either way. As opposed to other classes that get % regen increases or flat returns from skills (like netch or rune).

I'm not sure how performant a solution this would be, but you could replace combustion so that every flame dot tick returns X magicka (say 100?). Speaking from a pvp perspective, this helps DKs in outnumbered situtations. The more players you are fighting, the more flame dot ticks you can apply (burning talons/engulfing/eruption/wall of elements) and so your sustain is better.

With my number of 100 returned, if you burning talons 6 people, you will get back 600 magicka per second. Meaning you will recover 2400 magicka over the 4 seconds, approx 2/3 of the cost of talons. But, if you were to be fighting only 1 person, you would get 100 per second, so 400 over the entire duration which is roughly 1/9 of the cost of talons.

If you threw on engulfing on 6 people at the same time, you would get an additional 600 magicka every 2 seconds (because engulfing ticks every 2 seconds from what I remember). Meaning that over the entire DoT duration (14 seconds/7 ticks), you get 4200 magicka. So net positive but you are fighting 6 people, so you are probably using that magicka to heal and defend But again, fighting 1 person, you only get 100 every 2 seconds, so 700 over the entire duration (1/4 of the cost approx).

This fits into the theme of DK as you are incentivizied to build around dots as they help your sustain. It allows you to play offensive against multiple enemies without exhausting yourself, allowing you to have magicka left to heal when you need to. However, it doesn't skew 1v1 fights in your favor more than the current combustion passive.

The problems I could forsee are interactions with sets like Elf Bane where applying burning talons on 6 people now turns 5400 magicka over the 9 second DoT duration. Another problem is when you are fighting many enemies in Aoe trash pulls in PvE or large group combat in PvP. Abilities such as eruption/wall of elements might over perform and return too much magicka. However, in pvp I would argue that you can simply walk out of the aoe to stop the magicka return. Regardless, it would be interesting to see a comparison between the normal combustion and this combustion in large AoE situations. They might come out to roughly the same value.

I should probably clarify that my suggestion would only apply to DK Class DoTs. Anyway, assuming my suggestion is implemented then all Counterplay in PvP would require is regular purging of DoTs. It sounds OP until someone points that out, which is why I like the idea so much. It would greatly help DK in PvE while not particularly harming PvP.
    Murphy's Law of PvP : If it can be abused and or exploited, it will be abused and or exploited.
  • Jamdarius
    Jamdarius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly at this time I would be fine with having more stam morphs and just plain and simple decrease in resource cost for all skills DK has or just some better returns of magicka/stam.

I just cannot understand why similar skills of all other classes can cost half of for example the eruption/cinder storm cost, deal damage, cleanse and give synergy at the same time.

Also need that stam whip... No clunky stam morph for stone giant.

Also DK healers could give some kind of unique buff/rework shield so that it gives better protection to trial groups based on recovery/max mag, same for molten weapons it should be changed to something different, people have easy access to major buffs and drink potions with them anyways.
  • Bl4ckR3alm93
    Bl4ckR3alm93
    ✭✭✭
    Jamdarius wrote: »
    Honestly at this time I would be fine with having more stam morphs and just plain and simple decrease in resource cost for all skills DK has or just some better returns of magicka/stam.

I just cannot understand why similar skills of all other classes can cost half of for example the eruption/cinder storm cost, deal damage, cleanse and give synergy at the same time.

Also DK healers could give some kind of unique buff/rework shield so that it gives better protection to trial groups based on recovery/max mag, same for molten weapons it should be changed to something different, people have easy access to major buffs and drink potions with them anyways.

Its also crazy how Necromancers get 15% increase to DOT but Dragonknights dont have anything like that. Thats basically like getting the Deadly Strike 5th piece buff for free on a Necromancer. Plus Dragonknights get 4 ultimate back on earthen heart abilities while Necromancers get 10 ultimate and its not even under the same class tree
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Its also crazy how Necromancers get 15% increase to DOT but Dragonknights dont have anything like that. Thats basically like getting the Deadly Strike 5th piece buff for free on a Necromancer. Plus Dragonknights get 4 ultimate back on earthen heart abilities while Necromancers get 10 ultimate and its not even under the same class tree

Well you have to pay extra for necromancer so of course it should be better
    /s
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • BloodyStigmata
    BloodyStigmata
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ardent Flame

1. Ardent Flame as a whole needs more poison morphs. Clearly this is meant to be the DPS tree, and clearly there's an emphasis on poison being the stam version of the tree, but for some reason there are only two poison damage skills. What?
    2. The Warmth passive... I mean, just a movement speed debuff? That's it? I mean that's cool, but it isn't helping much. If we need enemies to move less, we generally use talons for that, which causes enemies to do this really cool thing where they don't move at all.
    3. World in Ruin Passive only provides a meager increase to AOE fire and poison abilities, instead of just fire and poison in general--considering other classes get general damage boost to their favored elements, this is just meh...

Draconic Power

1. Green Dragon Blood just sucks massively. How on earth is this a reliable self-heal? I get that the buffs are pretty substantial, but I literally get those bonuses with a tri-pot (minus vitality), which is exactly what I'm going to be using in hard solo content where a self-heal is absolutely necessary. It's also only healing for a portion of missing health as opposed to healing based on a max resource like the other morph does. Frankly this should be the Stam DK self heal of choice, but you wouldn't catch me dead using it over Resolving Vigor.
    2. I love Inhale, but I hate that it's not great. It's this weird mix of Sap Essence plus Scorch--an up front AOE that heals based on damage done (but the damage sucks) with a delayed burst that should in theory do a heft chunk of damage. The delayed burst isn't bad, but I feel like it doesn't deal comparable damage to other delayed burst attacks.
    3. Passives in this tree are all kind of "meh" if you aren't a tank, especially Burning Heart and Elder Dragon.

Earthen Heart

1. I mean I could bully Stonefist more than other people already have, but I think you get the idea.
    2. Molten Weapons isn't providing the group anything they don't already have with potions. Decent for solo if you want to run health/magicka/stamina pots and still have the buff, but useless in groups. If it also provided the whole group some additional utility not easily provided by other classes, maybe DK healers could actually provide something.
    3. Eruption is just so expensive to use over fire rune, which deals comparable damage and costs a lot less. Again, the slowed movement speed isn't why we'd be using this. This is what I WANT to lay down on top of wall of elements, but our already bad sustain won't let it happen. Heck, my mag DK is a Nord. You wanna talk about bad sustain, sheesh.
    4. Mountain's Blessing--why not Minor Sorcery as well as Minor Brutality, or one or the other based on whichever resource is higher? I know you didn't want suggestions but like, gah, it's hard not to.
    5. Helping Hands just restores Stamina. In theory this would be great, if of course Stonefist wasn't trash. It's also not providing much to mag characters in general.
    Owner and proprietor of the Northern Elsweyr Guar Reserve and The Hunting Grounds Guar Reserve, Tamriel's home to all things guar.
    See the embedded brochures for all information regarding our reserves, as well as our collection status!
  • SaintSubwayy
    SaintSubwayy
    ✭✭✭✭✭

actually DK would have such a Passive -> Searing Heat
    However its only extends 4 Skills (Standart, Engulfing, Embers and FoO) while keeping the DPS of those skills roughly the same.

If it would buff the DMG of those skills by a bit more (like 10% over the Average ST Dot DMG for Embers) , it'd be a nice change....

Kinda sad, that a whole Passive gets "wasted" to make those DOTs even viable. Caus eif they would retain their shorter CD, the Sustain of MagDK would be even worse.
    Edited by SaintSubwayy on September 14, 2021 7:45AM
    PC EU
    vAA HM / vHRC HM / vSO HM / vMoL HM / vHoF HM / vAS HM / vCR HM / vSS HM / vKA HM

Flawless Conqueror / Immortal Redeemer / Dawnbringer / Griphon Heart / Master Angler / Spirit Slayer

• Bl4ckR3alm93
    Bl4ckR3alm93
    ✭✭✭

actually DK would have such a Passive -> Searing Heat
    However its only extends 4 Skills (Standart, Engulfing, Embers and FoO) while keeping the DPS of those skills roughly the same.

If it would buff the DMG of those skills by a bit more (like 10% over the Average ST Dot DMG for Embers) , it'd be a nice change....

Kinda sad, that a whole Passive gets "wasted" to make those DOTs even viable. Caus eif they would retain their shorter CD, the Sustain of MagDK would be even worse.

Honestly its about that time that ZoS starts separately balancing PVE and PVP. Even Destiny 2 caved in and started doing that and Bungie got positive feedback
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Quantum, the DK class representative, has already retired from the game.

Did he play the game at some point?

I remember when everyone panicked seen DKs using embers as a spamming skill... great solution but again the development team put us back inside the box/coffin
    Edited by Xvorg on September 16, 2021 5:21PM
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • WillyOneBlood
    WillyOneBlood
    ✭✭✭
    I main a DK Healer, played since 2016. 1700cp, very experienced, completed all vet trials and all vet dlc dungeons.

I've never had problem with sustain, if I build right. I've never had a problem with DPS if I build right. I've never had a problem with pure healing if I build right.

My main problem is group support. I put out 1 unique buff that is minor brutality and it only affect stamina users, when the meta is mainly magicka compositions it's makes DK healers pointless. The only synergy we put out from class abilities is tied to an ultimate that costs 250 and provides no group benefit.

Please give us a synergy and rework the Earthern Heart tree to be a healing tree like all the other classes. Change the ultimate to be on par with Barrier by increasing the shield strength and increasing the radius, increase the radius of cinder storm and add a synergy to it. Why is fossilize in the Earthen Heart tree if it does no healing?

Please just give us more group support.

• YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I main a DK Healer, played since 2016. 1700cp, very experienced, completed all vet trials and all vet dlc dungeons.

I've never had problem with sustain, if I build right. I've never had a problem with DPS if I build right. I've never had a problem with pure healing if I build right.

My main problem is group support. I put out 1 unique buff that is minor brutality and it only affect stamina users, when the meta is mainly magicka compositions it's makes DK healers pointless. The only synergy we put out from class abilities is tied to an ultimate that costs 250 and provides no group benefit.

Please give us a synergy and rework the Earthern Heart tree to be a healing tree like all the other classes. Change the ultimate to be on par with Barrier by increasing the shield strength and increasing the radius, increase the radius of cinder storm and add a synergy to it. Why is fossilize in the Earthen Heart tree if it does no healing?

Please just give us more group support.

Strongly agree with your sentiment about the Earthen Heart line.
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How can I unfollow this thread?
  • TwinLamps
    TwinLamps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    By getting banned and making new account I guess. There might be another way I do not know of.
    Awake, but at what cost
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How can I unfollow this thread?

Click on the star and it should go from gold to white.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • BejaProphet
    BejaProphet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TwinLamps wrote: »
    By getting banned and making new account I guess. There might be another way I do not know of.

I’m not sure the getting banned part is a necessary step for that plan. 🤔