The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

So on the PS5 Version I have to do all Trophies again?

• beer781993
    beer781993
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sub_Xero wrote: »
    beer781993 wrote: »
    Well guys I read on reddit that Bethesda support is sending people to annoy sony now.

All go to twitter and ask them.

https://twitter.com/AskPlayStation?s=09

The more people do it the better.

Here is the reddit post

https://www.reddit.com/r/elderscrollsonline/comments/o4bno9/i_got_in_contact_with_bethesda_and_playstation/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

That's just a canned answer pertaining to trophies and not this specific issue. It's not a PlayStation/Sony issue. Developers handle the trophies.

How do you know that? I mean I also thing zeni is responsible but I can't find any information.

Well I asked sony who's decision it was. Still waiting for the answer though.
  • Phil1001-Up
    Phil1001-Up
    ✭✭
    (On PS4) I was offline when my research of the final jewelry trait completed. When I next logged in I was awarded the Jewelry Trait Master trophy immediately. Why can't that method be applied to all trophies at logon?

That way it doesn't matter if you play as PS4 or PS5 as those two trophy lists are always kept up to date each time you log in... just like how it doesn't matter which model of Xbox you play on.
    Edited by Phil1001-Up on June 21, 2021 9:38AM
  • Sub_Xero
    Sub_Xero
    ✭✭
    Well guys I read on reddit that Bethesda support is sending people to annoy sony now.

Here is the reddit post

https://www.reddit.com/r/elderscrollsonline/comments/o4bno9/i_got_in_contact_with_bethesda_and_playstation/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

That's just a canned answer pertaining to trophies and not this specific issue. It's not a PlayStation/Sony issue. Developers handle the trophies.

How do you know that? I mean I also thing zeni is responsible but I can't find any information.

I know that because developers program/set all of the trophies and their flags/requirements. Trophy issues of all kinds are always remedied by the developers. Unfortunately, ZOS doesn't really have to do anything about the trophies since the PS5 version is technically a new app/game. It's just bad form because almost every other game that had an upgrade auto-popped all the previously acquired trophies.

The fact of the matter is that they CAN do it. Whether they will or not is what we're here to find out.

Sony is probably just gonna direct you right back to Bethesda/ZOS.
  • Antony S
    Antony S

Here is the reddit post

I know that because developers program/set all of the trophies and their flags/requirements. Trophy issues of all kinds are always remedied by the developers. Unfortunately, ZOS doesn't really have to do anything about the trophies since the PS5 version is technically a new app/game. It's just bad form because almost every other game that had an upgrade auto-popped all the previously acquired trophies.

The fact of the matter is that they CAN do it. Whether they will or not is what we're here to find out.

I wrote a request to Sony Support, let's see what they answer)

• Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Here is the reddit post

Ahh, so rather than having PlayStation copy over the Trophies, which are defined by the Studio, but stored and displayed by PlayStation, the idea is that the studio backdoors a solution by detecting when you are on Game B and resending the in-game achievements that unlock the various Trophies again? I guess my first concern would be that the date the Trophy was earned would get messed up.

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Dark_Lord_Kuro
    Dark_Lord_Kuro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There is 2 way i know games do it and zos could chose one
    Auto unlock at log in
    Or like ff14 does it: with achievement check
    Level 50 trophy? Unlock when you next earn exp
    Quest related trophy? Unlock next time you complete any quest
    Emperor? Earn ap
    Master fisher? Go fishing once
    And so on
  • Sju
    Sju
    ✭✭✭✭
    My problem with playing the PS4 version on PS5 is that I can only see the additional trophies, none of the base game trophies are listed. Is it like this for anyone else?
  • Sju
    Sju
    ✭✭✭✭
    Still no word as to why you are blocking trophy progression from PS4 to continue on PS5. Like others, I've had to uninstall the enhanced version just so I can continue where I left off. This isn't like a single player game where it can take some large games around 60 hours to platinum. ESO can take much, much longer with just one trophy.
    Xbox continues their progression, why are we blocked?

Please reconsider this terrible decision.
    Don't link me to the faq.
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    @zos_whoeverisincharge
  • beer781993
    beer781993
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sju wrote: »
    Still no word as to why you are blocking trophy progression from PS4 to continue on PS5. Like others, I've had to uninstall the enhanced version just so I can continue where I left off. This isn't like a single player game where it can take some large games around 60 hours to platinum. ESO can take much, much longer with just one trophy.
    Xbox continues their progression, why are we blocked?

Please reconsider this terrible decision.
    Don't link me to the faq.
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    @zos_whoeverisincharge

You don't have to uninstall the enhanced version to play the ps4 version.
    You can search for ps4 games at the games tab in your library. This way you can play it.

Oh we could also wait for the next twitch stream and bombard them with trophy questions. Just an 💡 idea

• Casul
    Casul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just putting my 2cent.

Platinum took me nearly 8000 hours to achieve. Please fix this.
    PvP needs more love.
  • Blacknight841
    Blacknight841
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The fault on this is not with Zos, but rather with Sony. Microsoft implemented the “smart delivery” system, while Sony just went with a separate generation. On Xbox, it is one game. On PlayStation it is two different games.
  • beer781993
    beer781993
    ✭✭✭✭
    The fault on this is not with Zos, but rather with Sony. Microsoft implemented the “smart delivery” system, while Sony just went with a separate generation. On Xbox, it is one game. On PlayStation it is two different games.

You don't know for sure because both sony and ZoS are radio silent. No information at all.

FF14 does also autopop the ps4 trophies on ps5. Plus many other games do so. It can't be that hard!

• lillybit
    lillybit
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't really care who's at fault. Whoever it is, it's ZoS's game and ultimately their responsibility. I just want someone to acknowledge how upset we are and tell us it'll be fixed. Or at the very least provide an explanation.
    PS4 EU
  • beer781993
    beer781993
    ✭✭✭✭
    lillybit wrote: »

I don't really care who's at fault. Whoever it is, it's ZoS's game and ultimately their responsibility. I just want someone to acknowledge how upset we are and tell us it'll be fixed. Or at the very least provide an explanation.

We are a minority compared to the rest of the player base. We would need a lot more people to get the right kind of attention. Most don't care.
    It's sad ... I am really trying and sending tickes / questions everywhere but nothing is getting any answers.
    Honestly, I am even thinking about selling my PS and getting a Xbox. The trophy system just sucks so much on this generation, I lost interest. Sony screwed up too much with this.
    If I do that I will not buy or play this game ever again and also not any other titles of this company.
    Edited by beer781993 on June 21, 2021 6:41PM
  • ZOS_SarahHecker
    ZOS_SarahHecker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey all, just wanted to drop in here real quick. While ESO does not currently allow sharing trophies from PS4 to PS5, we have read all of the comments and concerns in this thread. We are looking into alternatives for this feature and will let you know if we are able to do an import of trophies in the future. Thank you for your feedback!
    Staff Post
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But why is it not an issue with other games?
    It was a decision made not to?
    Oh and @ZOS_SarahHecker thank you for being brave! :)
    Edited by TequilaFire on June 21, 2021 7:02PM
  • AuraStorm43
    AuraStorm43
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey all, just wanted to drop in here real quick. While ESO does not currently allow sharing trophies from PS4 to PS5, we have read all of the comments and concerns in this thread. We are looking into alternatives for this feature and will let you know if we are able to do an import of trophies in the future. Thank you for your feedback!

Why don’t you guys allow it? Glad you guys acknowledged the problem but i’m wondering why you did it this way in the first place
  • cynicalbutterfly
    cynicalbutterfly
    ✭✭✭✭

Thank you for reconsidering this issue. It doesn't seem like much to the grand scheme of things but losing every single trophy you've worked for over years of playing in a matter of seconds means an aweful lot to some of us. We can get them back of course but that would mean making a new character and spending hours doing the quests that we've already done (for some of us we've done them too much as it is for other characters).

Seems strange that it isn't a problem with other games but became an issue with ESO. I've done the switching from a PS4 game to a PS5 game several times (No Man's Sky, Borderlands 3, Destiny 2). None of them had a problem switching trophies. I assume it must be an elective thing for the developers and not a Sony decision. So why didn't ZoS do it? The ultimate question everyone is dying to know lol

I'd love to see an honest answer to that question. I don't know how XBox works and what they do for trohies or acheivements, if they even have them, but you don't see them on forums complaining about losing theirs. So feels like we got the short end of the stick on this deal.
  • beer781993
    beer781993
    ✭✭✭✭

Finally an answer! Thank you!
    Edited by beer781993 on June 21, 2021 7:52PM
  • cave_troll
    cave_troll
    ✭✭✭
    Bless the heavens! They responded!

It was a long fight but the war is not over. Now that we have seen the light we must keep this thread alive at all costs. Fight brothers and sisters!

Remember why we fight:

WE WANT OUR TROPHIES CARRIED OVER TO PS5!

No prisoners - No excuses

THIS IS SPARTA
  • gwmayar
    gwmayar
    ✭✭✭

Well that's all ... I went through Black Wood on the PS4 version and I think I'll delete the game now and come back, then they'll fix it .... if they fix it ... I don't see any way to continue playing right now on PS5 version. A very sad day for me after so many years of playing. But if a developer doesn't want to support his community, why should I support such a developer.

And the funny thing about this whole situation is that they just didn't do what the rest of the developers just did right away, and at the same time they didn't even ask their players if they needed it or not. They immediately understood that it needed to be done. The level of incompetence is off the charts.

ZeniMax - some things need to be done simply because it is logical, and in order to show that you care about the community.
  • Phil1001-Up
    Phil1001-Up
    ✭✭

Thanks for the update! It’s much appreciated.
  • Sju
    Sju
    ✭✭✭✭

Thank you for responding. I don't understand what an alternative could be to just rewarding our trophies we earned, like other games have done, and you've basically done for xbox. I cannot understand why even the option to not do it came up, is that how much they care about this side of the community? At least we got acknowledged I guess.
  • Sub_Xero
    Sub_Xero
    ✭✭

Thank you for reconsidering this issue. It doesn't seem like much to the grand scheme of things but losing every single trophy you've worked for over years of playing in a matter of seconds means an aweful lot to some of us. We can get them back of course but that would mean making a new character and spending hours doing the quests that we've already done (for some of us we've done them too much as it is for other characters).

Seems strange that it isn't a problem with other games but became an issue with ESO. I've done the switching from a PS4 game to a PS5 game several times (No Man's Sky, Borderlands 3, Destiny 2). None of them had a problem switching trophies. I assume it must be an elective thing for the developers and not a Sony decision. So why didn't ZoS do it? The ultimate question everyone is dying to know lol

I'd love to see an honest answer to that question. I don't know how XBox works and what they do for trohies or acheivements, if they even have them, but you don't see them on forums complaining about losing theirs. So feels like we got the short end of the stick on this deal.

It's because of the way their system works. The games are essentially the same. Your old version is just replaced/updated with the new version so the achievements and saves are tied to the same game. PS5 versions of PS4 games are an entirely new application (read: considered a new/different game by the system).

General consensus is that Sony did it this way due to exploits on the PS4 that they didn't want to carry over to the PS5. You can use other people's game saves or edit your own saves on the PS4. They rebuilt the way their games and saves worked for PS5.

Initially it seemed like no saves would carry over to PS5 upgrades, but there was obviously some outrage over that so Sony and other companies employed solutions. For example, both Spider-Man and Miles Morales require an in-game save upload to be carried over to the PS5 versions. The Avengers also does this. Ubisoft games had their saves automatically uploaded to their cloud so when you started the game on your PS5 you could easily download your save and start with that. These solutions required extra effort on the devs part that they weren't actually required to do. Regardless of whether they're required to do it or not, they are able to do it, and it's not unreasonable, especially in the case of a game like ESO, for us to expect them to put that little bit of extra effort in for us.
    Edited by Sub_Xero on June 21, 2021 9:51PM
  • Sub_Xero
    Sub_Xero
    ✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »

Here is the reddit post

Ahh, so rather than having PlayStation copy over the Trophies, which are defined by the Studio, but stored and displayed by PlayStation, the idea is that the studio backdoors a solution by detecting when you are on Game B and resending the in-game achievements that unlock the various Trophies again? I guess my first concern would be that the date the Trophy was earned would get messed up.

It does "mess up" the date. All the new trophies are time-stamped with the time they were forcibly unlocked on the new version. I have several games where the entire trophy set, Platinum included, were unlocked at the same time. It shouldn't really be a concern though. We know it's because we already earned the trophies, and anyone viewing them would probably know that as well.
  • mrchargerlover
    mrchargerlover
    Soul Shriven
    I hope they make it autopop trophies on ps5 that are earned on ps4 and vice versa. Accidentally completed "Hero of the Daggerfall Covenant" trophy on my ps5 version and would have to redo on ps4 with a new character if it doesn't pop :(
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope they make it autopop trophies on ps5 that are earned on ps4 and vice versa. Accidentally completed "Hero of the Daggerfall Covenant" trophy on my ps5 version and would have to redo on ps4 with a new character if it doesn't pop :(

I wonder about whether they even can do this, after the fact.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • lillybit
    lillybit
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I play regularly on both platforms still so that would definitely be ideal. If we can just get the PS5 ones tho I'll count it as a win, even if it means a nightmare of organisation making sure I get trophies on the right one!
    PS4 EU
  • B0SSzombie
    B0SSzombie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it really is too difficult to use the importing system everyone else uses, I'd be happy with a free one-use item in the Crown Store that just does a sweep of your journal and unlocks the trophy. Like quest starters and similar items.

I don't need to do it more than once. If I unlock all the same trophies on the PS5 list, I won't go back to the PS4 version.
  • lillybit
    lillybit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    B0SSzombie wrote: »
    If it really is too difficult to use the importing system everyone else uses, I'd be happy with a free one-use item in the Crown Store that just does a sweep of your journal and unlocks the trophy. Like quest starters and similar items.

I don't need to do it more than once. If I unlock all the same trophies on the PS5 list, I won't go back to the PS4 version.

Please don't suggest the fix is added to the crown store, we all know if it goes that way it won't be free!
    PS4 EU