The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

Endeavors offered

• stefj68
    stefj68
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    so guess if i don't pvp i won't get endeaver?
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This one has a plea to the community regarding endeavors.

When it comes to the node harvesting ones especially perhaps, once you have found the nodes you need, consider not harvesting any more of that node yourself for the rest of the day unless you really need to.

This one will certainly be doing this.

Enough to go round perhaps if we are all fair with each other yes.

This one will repeat her plea when Blackwood goes live and she waits for the waves of laughter to follow but you know if we can make life in Tamriel easier on each other then we should do so.

This one thinks they will probably watch and see which endeavors are completed and which left out and adjust accordingly - to our benefit or not this one is not sure ...

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • Olauron
    Olauron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    stefj68 wrote: »
    so guess if i don't pvp i won't get endeaver?
    Since the weekly cap is 1, you have to do only one task to get all weekly seals. The same is true for daily endeavor, but the cap is 3. That means that you will not get all seals without pvp activities only if all 3 weekly tasks are pvp or 3+ daily tasks (max minus cap plus 1 or more) are pvp.
    The Three Storm Sharks, episode 8 released on january the 8th.
    One mer to rule them all,
    one mer to find them,
    One mer to bring them all
    and in the darkness bind them.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Today's patch notes confirmed that crafting surveys count toward node-harvesting endeavors.

Why? Because there was mention of a fix to HOW such nodes were counted.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Today's dailies have the usual 3-of-5 cap, offer 5 seals each, and for some reason also each give 10 Legerdemain experience (which is serioiusly lame). They are:
    • Pick 8 locks. (Potentially rather time-consuming.)
    • Destroy 20 Dwarven Automata. (Easy, except that lots of other folks will be competing for the same mobs.)
    • Cut 20 Logs of Wood. (Easy with a crafting survey.)
    • Consume 5 Drinks. (Trivial. Useless .. but trivial.)
    • Complete 3 Consumables Master Writs. (Not cool; people save these for when they have an XP boost running.)

Actually, are there any instances where the Dwemer stuff is right at the front? Darkshade Caverns 1 is not an example; you have to cut through a lot of humans and Kwama before the dwarven stuff shows up. Similarly Darkshade 2 or Volenfell.

And Clockwork City fabricants don't seem to count.
  • PeacefulAnarchy
    PeacefulAnarchy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually, are there any instances where the Dwemer stuff is right at the front? Darkshade Caverns 1 is not an example; you have to cut through a lot of humans and Kwama before the dwarven stuff shows up. Similarly Darkshade 2 or Volenfell.

A bunch of Delves and Public Dungeons have Dwarven spiders and spheres and such.
    Edit: Just realized you probably meant instanced dungeons. Still, delve mobs respawn pretty quick.
    Edited by PeacefulAnarchy on April 27, 2021 7:04AM
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

A bunch of Delves and Public Dungeons have Dwarven spiders and spheres and such.
    Edit: Just realized you probably meant instanced dungeons. Still, delve mobs respawn pretty quick.

I'm envisioning the entire server descending on the Dwemer delves and public dungeons. Contention for mobs could get pretty fierce.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meanwhile, the weeklies (resetting in a few hours) have an addition. Besides the 3 that have been here all week (cap 1) for 20 seals, there's an addition for 16 seals:
    • Repair 35000 damage to structures in Cyrodiil.

Perhaps that's a buggy preview of one of next week's options?

Note: If you can find a wall to repair at all in Cyrodiil, which you usually can, it's going to have more than 35,000 damage.
    But will that "usually" still apply if there's a weekly endeavor for the repairing?

Would it be possible for players in different alliances to team up? Find a structure somewhere they're unlikely to be disturbed and have one side attack it while the other repairs it, then swap round (either moving to a different structure or letting the other side capture it).

That's what happened in Guild Wars 2 when their PvP event included an achievement for repairing a certain amount of damage. It took a while of course, and had the added problem that the people doing it drained all the supplies from the keep or tower they were using to get the achievement, wasting them on unnecessary repairs, but for the players involved it was an easy way to get that achievement done.

I'm not sure what the downsides would be to someone doing that in ESO (except the obvious issue of letting the enemy take an objective because they're working together) but it wouldn't surprise me if it's the approach some players take.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Today's dailies. 2 seals each (no further reward). The usual cap: 3 of 5.
    • Deconstruct 8 items at Blacksmithing table.
    • Destroy 5 Flame Atronachs.
    • Harvest 8 Resources from the World (i.e., from "natural deposits).
    • Consume 2 Foods.
    • Recharge 1 Weapon Enchantment.

Easiest list yet, I think.
    Edited by FrancisCrawford on April 28, 2021 8:44PM
  • opaj
    opaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    These lists are all over the place. I was planning to try to get as many seals as possible when this goes live, but just reading your daily list stresses me out, haha.
  • SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hmm, I'm pleasantly surprised so far. I'm on console so I can't look at it myself, but this reminds me of the bounties in Monster Hunter, and I liked that system. It sounds like, just like in that game, if you take a moment to plan your activities you can check off multiple objectives at the same time.
    ✨🐦✨ Blackfeather Court Commission ✨🐦✨
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Today's dailies have:
    • The lowest possible reward (1 seal and nothing else).
    • The usual 3/5 cap.

They are:
    • Deconstruct 8 items at a Clothier's table.(Not too expensive to force.)
    • Destroy 5 Frost Atronachs.
    • Afflict 10 Enemies with Weapon Poisons. (Very easy.)
    • Enchant 2 Pieces of Equipment. (Also cheap to force.)
    • Read 1 Lore Library Book. (i.e., find a lore book.)
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @FrancisCrawford Thanks for consistently posting the lists, for those of us who can't log into the PTS every day (or at all) it's really helpful to see what the tasks are.

So far for me it's looking pretty good. They're a mix of things I'd do anyway, things I could do without too much trouble and things I'd likely not bother with, but as we can only do 3 each day anyway that's not a problem. Also even the things I wouldn't want to do seem reasonable to me, it's just activities I prefer not to do or which sound like they'd take more effort than they're worth for me.

My only remaining area of concern is how much the rewards will cost, that will make a big difference to how willing I am to engage with this system, but otherwise I'm currently looking forward to it. :)
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Today's dailies have:
    • The usual 3/5 cap.

They are:

Does the Lore Book one count for lorebooks you already found? I could see that one being annoying for someone who has already found every lore book.
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »
    Today's dailies have:
    • The usual 3/5 cap.

They are:

Does the Lore Book one count for lorebooks you already found? I could see that one being annoying for someone who has already found every lore book.

And would it count for the lore books you have in your home library this one wonders?

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Today we have for the dailies:
    The usual 3/5 cap.
    Rewards for each that are 2 seals only.

The choices are:
    • Destroy 10 ghosts.
    • Kill 4 World Bosses.
    • Kill 2 Delve Bosses in Cyrodiil.
    • Excavate 3 Antiquities.
    • Deal 100,000 Damage with Siege Weapons. (I think I counted the zeroes correctly.)

Hmm.
    • The ghosts one is easy unless there's too much competition for them. Or are there any good instanced sources? I'd guess there are a few ghosts in Crypt of Hearts, but I'm not sure how many. Perhaps 2 boss fights and the trash packs along the way to get what you need? Is that even enough?
    • 4 World Bosses could take a while, counting travel and respawn times.
    • Excavate 3 Antiquities is easy. Arteum will be crowded that day.
    • Many people will skip the Cyrodiil ones, especially since they require a reasonable amount of riding and loading screens to do under the best of circumstances.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The usual 3/5 cap.

The choices are:
    • Destroy 10 ghosts.
    • Kill 4 World Bosses.
    • Deal 100,000 Damage with Siege Weapons. (I think I counted the zeroes correctly.)

Hmm.
    • The ghosts one is easy unless there's too much competition for them. Or are there any good instanced sources? I'd guess there are a few ghosts in Crypt of Hearts, but I'm not sure how many. Perhaps 2 boss fights and the trash packs along the way to get what you need? Is that even enough?
    • Many people will skip the Cyrodiil ones, especially since they require a reasonable amount of riding and loading screens to do under the best of circumstances.

This one seems like a good example of how Endeavors turn into a time sink for players who don't do everything. Or you start skipping tasks.

Scry 3 Antiquities: unavailable to players who don't own Greymoor
    Cyrodiil Delves: undesirable for non-PVPers
    Cyrodiil Siege weapons: undesirable for non-PVPers

So PVE-only player who doesn't own Greymoor must either bow to FOMO, conquer their dislike, and enter Cyrodiil PVP zones or miss out. If they want the remaining 2 options, now they have to spend the time to kill 4 WBs.

Meanwhile, PVP-only players will get the Siege damage easily, but unless they go out of their way to kill two delves Bosses, that one may not happen.

Lots of players who only want to do the "simple" tasks that fit into their daily gameplay will get just 2 seals that day. Some will get 4. Few will do all 6.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it's ok to have some days when it's not easy for all players to get the maximum number of seals. I can imagine endeavours being used a bit like event tickets to encourage players to step out of their comfort zone and try doing something different, but I can also see them being like daily quests where the majority of players don't intend to do the maximum every day. If lists like this were coming up every day then I'd be concerned but as long as it's not too common I think it's ok.

I admit I'm more likely to skip a day or only do the easier endeavours than go out of my way to do the harder ones, but I knew when I bought this game that I wouldn't have the time or the inclination to do everything and so I wouldn't get all the rewards. (In this case it also helps that I don't like most of the apex or radiant apex mounts, so the most expensive items I'm likely to want are the legendary tier.)

But if I had more time and really wanted the extra seals I think I'd be able to do 3 of these.

(Also bear in mind Greymoor will be rebranded as DLC when this system is released, so it will be included with ESO+. I think people who don't buy chapters or DLC and don't subscribe but do want the maximum number of seals every single day will be a relatively small minority because if you're playing that much I would have thought you'd want the extra content one way or another.)

• RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The usual 3/5 cap.

The choices are:
    • Destroy 10 ghosts.
    • Kill 4 World Bosses.

Hmm.

I think this is a special Mid-Year Mayhem selection.

If you're doing town dailies in Cyrodiil for the reward crates the 2 delve boss kills will happen as part of those quests.

If your doing the AvAvA combat for battlefront mission quests and RotW the siege weapon damage will wrack up pretty quickly. I tested it. It includes damage to structures and combatants. I fired one shot from a meat bag catapult at the guards on a keep gate and that one shot did about 80k damage.
    PC EU
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Cyrodiil delves is a tricky one.

The delves you have access to will change depending on the shape of the map. Each Alliance has a delve located between the two gate keeps, DC has a moderate size one with 2 bosses, AD has a moderate size one with 3 bosses, and EP has a tiny one with 1 boss.

Some players may not be aware that only one boss is usually up at a time, meaning you have to check all spawn points. Should also note during peak hours, if your alliance is pop locked, you could get stuck in the delve instance.

Finally, speaking of instance, procs currently still function in the delves. So be aware of that even if in a no proc campaign. I will say though, if you damage a boss and then get killed by a player, if they finish the boss off, you will likely get credit. It works for achievements and quests, so don't fret, just wait for the boss to die, then take the free fast travel port back to a home keep or base.
    Edited by driosketch on April 30, 2021 4:02PM
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • Tigertron
    Tigertron
    ✭✭✭✭
    heaven13 wrote: »
    Lugaldu wrote: »
    Now the only question is, what is 3 or 20 seals worth, are they equal to gems? Thus, 25 lethal poison after a "day of work"?

But not bad in general, you can really do that "on the side".

ZoS is keeping this close to the vest at the moment. According to the patch notes, all items cost only one seal right now. I'm sure they don't want to show us the real prices and deal with the fallout before the chapter even drops.

I haven't logged in to PTS yet but I'm curious to see how the endeavors are accepted and then turned in. Do I need to go somewhere to grab them or are they hanging out in my journal? Does completing them complete it automatically so the first 3 dailies I do are the ones that count or do I need to speak with someone to complete it and be rewarded?
    They are auto accepted. And auto rewarded. If you do what is required, even by not knowing, you get the reward. It’s in your currency and you can spend them in the crown store like you would gems.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Today we have for dailies:
    • The usual 3/5 cap.
    • Rewards, identical as usual, that are 2 seals plus 1000 gold.

The dailies are:
    • Deconstruct 8 items at a jewelry crafting table. (Easy and not too expensive.)
    • Kill 5 Giants. (The usual concerns about competition for mobs apply.)
    • Update an Outfit 1 Time. (Easy and not too expensive.)
    • Craft 1 Armor of the Seducer Item. (Fairly easy even if you don't have a packed guild house, and very inexpensive.)
    • Repair 7500 Damage to Structures in Cyrodiil. (The usual concerns about multiple loading screens and competition for opportunity apply.)
  • vailjohn_ESO
    vailjohn_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    [*] Kill 5 Giants. (The usual concerns about competition for mobs apply.)
    Ogres & Minotaurs counted as "Giants". (so did Giants :) )

I also tried a few other large monsters, like Trolls, Ogrim, Giant Scorpions, Lurchers, Storm & Frost Atronachs , Mammoths and those did not count.

Edited by vailjohn_ESO on May 1, 2021 8:27AM
    PC NA : 2013 Beta Tester : Altoholic
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Armor of the Seducer requires 3 traits researched to craft. It'll be interesting to see if Endeavors stay at 3 traits or if they have other crafted set options eventually.
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Flame Behemoths inside the Oblivion Portals also count as Giants.
    PC EU
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    [*] Kill 5 Giants. (The usual concerns about competition for mobs apply.)
    Ogres & Minotaurs counted as "Giants". (so did Giants :) )

I also tried a few other large monsters, like Trolls, Ogrim, Giant Scorpions, Lurchers, Storm & Frost Atronachs , Mammoths and those did not count.

Thanks!

ZoS should change that wording for clarity. Even "Giant-Type" would be a nice improvement.

The same point applies to ghosts, actually. Probably all those Endeavors should have the "-type" suffix or an equivalent.
    Edited by FrancisCrawford on May 1, 2021 3:08PM
  • PeacefulAnarchy
    PeacefulAnarchy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Armor of the Seducer requires 3 traits researched to craft. It'll be interesting to see if Endeavors stay at 3 traits or if they have other crafted set options eventually.

The datamined list of endeavors https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Endeavors has all the sets as far as I can tell.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

The datamined list of endeavors https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Endeavors has all the sets as far as I can tell.

Thanks for that link!
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Today's Endeavors:
    • Have the minimum payout of 1 seal and nothing else.
    • Have the usual 3/5 cap.

They are:
    • Deconstruct 5 Items at a Woodworking table. (Cheap and easy.)
    • Destroy 1 Skeleton. (Easy, with the usual target-contention caveat.)
    • Destroy 1 Clockwork Foes (typo). (Ditto, although if it gets bad you can always go to HoF, since the first fight is w/ fabricant trash mobs.)
    • Use Ultimate Abilities 1 Time. (Easy.)
    • Loot 5 Containers. (Easy, since you are NOT contending w/ other players. The Daggerfall docks will be crowded that day.)
  • vailjohn_ESO
    vailjohn_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    • Destroy 1 Clockwork Foes (typo). (Ditto, although if it gets bad you can always go to HoF, since the first fight is w/ fabricant trash mobs.)

And just killing a skeevaton in the Brass Fortress counted, lol. I imagine any of the fabricant critters like scorpions and snakes (Brassilisks) would also count. 🐁🦂🐍🤖

PC NA : 2013 Beta Tester : Altoholic