The PTS is now offline for the patch 10.0.0 maintenance and is currently unavailable.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

12 person group limit? Whaaaaaat?

Rykoth
Rykoth
✭✭✭✭
Are we really going with a cap on groups outside of Cyrodiil? Bad idea. Bad bad BAD idea. I get it might help some performance but there's a lot of folks who make use of 24 player groups. Yes, roleplayers, but others as well.

Loving most of the notes but this would be a yuge mistake to keep this change. Yuge mistake.
Gorthal gro-Gunthak, Chieftain of Mor'Grumaar
Sigrun Elkhorn, Nordic Warrior and Skald

Mor'Grumaar - Orcish Stronghold Roleplay
  • RogueShark
    RogueShark
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alik'r dolmen farms are about to have all the rest of the alphabet up in zone, not just X, Y, and Z groups.
    PC NA
    Will heal DPS for memes.
  • trackdemon5512
    trackdemon5512
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rykoth wrote: »
    Are we really going with a cap on groups outside of Cyrodiil? Bad idea. Bad bad BAD idea. I get it might help some performance but there's a lot of folks who make use of 24 player groups. Yes, roleplayers, but others as well.

Loving most of the notes but this would be a yuge mistake to keep this change. Yuge mistake.

For what?
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

For what?

. Yes, roleplayers, but others as well.

• Andarnor
    Andarnor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    for small noob guilds it's annoying anyway that PvP was limited to 12, you need 2 leaders for everything, etc. I don't understand why it has to be the same in other areas. In dungeons the group is separated anyway if there are too many, but now you need registrations even for planned open world guild events, world bosses etc. and not everyone can join. We were never 24, but always more than 12. Bad decision for all guild players who value community
    ~PC-EU - Main Heal Templer seit 2014~
  • dcam86b14_ESO
    dcam86b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RogueShark wrote: »
    Alik'r dolmen farms are about to have all the rest of the alphabet up in zone, not just X, Y, and Z groups.

This is the first thing I thought about lol
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is an awful change. We have very active guild WB runs that are almost always full.

This is a bad change.

Edit: Oh! I almost forgot about my housing guilds house tours! This will be a problem for them as well!
    Edited by BlueRaven on April 19, 2021 6:11PM
  • tyran404_ESO
    tyran404_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    As a leader of a role playing guild who often hosts events for more then twelve people both in and outside of my guild roster this change is terrible. I really do not want to have to spam spacial with paragraphs of story narrations.

This won't likely affect performance since most everyone would still be present anyway since this only changes open world content. And I'm sure this affects groups forming for dragons, dolmens, motif running as well.
    Edited by tyran404_ESO on April 19, 2021 8:51PM
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    DAMN THIS COMMENT IS FANCY!
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I don't like it.
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I thought about this and how it was a less than stellar addition, but housing specifically will be okay. Zone chat in a home only instances to that house, and can be separately toggled for an OOC chat.

For open world RP, though, this might be a big issue going forward. Yell and Zone will attract attention, and I couldn't imagine flooding guild chat (plus it's not a good, universal function for every member of an RP).

Interested to see if ZOS can address this.
    Edited by DocFrost72 on April 19, 2021 6:16PM
  • Gandamir
    Gandamir
    ✭✭✭
    Our guild often runs overland events to help gear up new players, do zone clears, and deal with world bosses. Our attendance is high, and we are often over the 24 limit, needing to split into 2 groups and having multiple leaders. This change will mean that we now need even more people to lead these popular events.

@ZOS_GinaBruno : Please consider making it easier for guilds to help newer players as we run big social events in overland zones.
  • DreadDaedroth
    DreadDaedroth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow,
    What do they've against guilds grouping up for events? Skyshard, world bosses, public dungeons, lore books, fishing...
  • TX12001rwb17_ESO
    TX12001rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe because loot only goes to 12 people.
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Guildie #13 is sol. "Sorry we're full, maybe someone can start group 2?"
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If this is to do with farming and xp perhaps then a solution is needed that does not damage social activities.

Some kind of other social grouping perhaps where you can communicate and chat and find each other on the map but perhaps not share xp - if that is the logic behind this change.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • hands0medevil
    hands0medevil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is a nerf for everyone, even roleplayers
  • ZunaRoath
    ZunaRoath
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am quite shocked about this change. I can't believe we are going to have to limit attendance of roleplaying events to 12, to avoid having two groups, and doing weird things to post DM emotes.
    [EU-EP-PC] @Kynes_Peace

Hjalmar Bear-Heart - Main, Stamina Warden
    Svari Wild-Hawk - Magicka Nightblade
    Hulda the Wild - Stamina Warden
    Greg the Witchman - Magicka Necromancer
    Cassius Gallus - Stamina Sorcerer
    Nari War-Shield - Magicka Templar Healer
    Hronvir Winter-Winds - Tank Warden
    Zuna Ice-Bear - Stamina DK
  • CoolBlast3
    CoolBlast3
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS, as a roleplayer...please no ,-,
  • Lady_Galadhiel
    Lady_Galadhiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    What an uneccesary change...There are by far more important things to worry about than reducing the number of group members in PvE.
    Contrariwise, if it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as it isn't, it ain't. That's logic.Lewis Carroll
  • DreadDaedroth
    DreadDaedroth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Overland PvE group size halved. It's no sense.
  • Schmertz
    Schmertz
    Soul Shriven
    Can only speak for the RPers here, but a lot of Roleplayers, especially in large community gatherings, rely on large groups for organization. It can already be a headache to hold large-scale RP events with "just" 24 slots, and splitting that up surely won't make things easier.

They really goofed us on this one.
  • Archmage_Alator
    Don't fix what is not broken, please. ESO has a thriving roleplaying community with hundreds of active members. Such a change is a veritable death-blow to the large community events involving a greater number of people. It is far from unusual to get groups of around fifteen people, which means that a few people being left outside will becoming a massive problem. It's been 24 people for about seven years now, I just don't understand why.
  • Dragonnord
    Dragonnord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Delete.

Edited by Dragonnord on April 19, 2021 6:53PM
    SERVER: NA | PLATFORM: PC | OS: Windows 10 | CLIENT: Steam | ESO PLUS: Yes
  • hands0medevil
    hands0medevil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As someone who is playing ESO only for PVP and PVE, I like the change. Good job ZOS, keep it up.
  • Alekero
    Alekero
    ✭✭✭
    Seems like they have to rework A LOT OF STUFF they "patched"
  • opaj
    opaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS keeps making changes that seem innocuous but are harmful to people engaging in mostly social behavior. Haha.

Hopefully they do what they did for the block-emote change last time and reverse course on this right away.
  • DreadDaedroth
    DreadDaedroth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As someone who is playing ESO only for PVP and PVE, I like the change. Good job ZOS, keep it up.

Because overland activities in 24 players groups were overpowered? :D
  • wolfie1.0.
    wolfie1.0.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Because overland activities in 24 players groups were overpowered? :D

apparently so...

really this is disappointing and i hope they reconsider. I would also like to know the reasoning for this change. If its the exp farmers then why don't they just add an accelerated xp penalty to groups in excess of 12? One that reaches the point that it negates xp buffs once you hit 24 people. That would curb something like the dolmen farm, and still allow for guild and PVE large group activities
  • Morriel
    Morriel
    ✭✭
    I don't understand how restricting the social aspect of an MMO remotely helps the game. This isn't just for roleplayers or social events. Most PVE guilds (or heck even trading guilds) I see do world boss tours, help guildies get achievements, etc. So this will really hamper those sorts of activities.

Keep the 12 player limit to trials and Cyrodiil only please. This will hurt the game.
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is a real stab in the guts for social/casual play guilds that typically do overland content (helping people to get achievements, wb runs, rp etc)

I'm actually really quite upset by this change.

(If it has anything to do with companions potentially doubling group size to 48 in overland locations where there isn't a natural cap on numbers, then simply disable them for groups of over 12 players, I can't see anyone objecting to that because when large groups form it is because we want to get together with actual guildmates, not multiple clones of NPC companions)
    Edited by Epona222 on April 19, 2021 7:23PM
    GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
  • skyrimfantasy
    skyrimfantasy
    ✭✭✭
    Cyro spilling over into pve again, disappointing but not a surprise