Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Feb 15 Cyrodiil Test Details

• Howda
    Howda
    ✭✭✭
    Don't know what happened but for me personally performance improved and I hope you will get more info in order to improve performance in Cyrodiil.

Cheers
    Howda
    Don't
    Blood for the PACT
    Dark Elf Dragonknight
    [EU]
  • Greasytengu
    Greasytengu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LarsS wrote: »
    Each weekend the lagg increases, I guess due to more players on the megaserver, since cyro is full the whole week.

So the man problem seems to be server capacity.

Cyrodill is on its own server and so is each of its campaigns. I think there is an argument for how efficiently it communicates with the neighbouring servers on the megaserver whilst players are in cyrodill. There is a definite difference between prime time pop lock and pop lock the rest of the time.

No the cyro campaigns are only instances on the megaserver, like any other region.

Nope, Google it👍 megaserver is the name
    for the technology of linking servers together. Other games make you choose a server ESO decided to do this. It was big gaming news during its production.

Cyrodill is on its own server they stated this before on the forums.

This makes me wonder though. Performance always seems to take a dive after the PTS goes live. Is the PTS on its own server or is it jammed into Cyrodiil's?
    " I nEeD HeAlInG!!! "
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Each weekend the lagg increases, I guess due to more players on the megaserver, since cyro is full the whole week.

Cyrodill is on its own server and so is each of its campaigns. I think there is an argument for how efficiently it communicates with the neighbouring servers on the megaserver whilst players are in cyrodill. There is a definite difference between prime time pop lock and pop lock the rest of the time.

No the cyro campaigns are only instances on the megaserver, like any other region.

for the technology of linking servers together. Other games make you choose a server ESO decided to do this. It was big gaming news during its production.

This makes me wonder though. Performance always seems to take a dive after the PTS goes live. Is the PTS on its own server or is it jammed into Cyrodiil's?

I think there may be an issue with how the cyrodill server communicates with servers outside of cyrodill. Notice it holds your position outside of cyrodill and you are still able to communicate with other players etc... I only say this because there is a noticeable difference between primetime pop lock and pop lock at other times. The difference may be ball groups, but it may be increased messages across servers 🤷

I don't think the PTS effects performance as it essentially it's own client and would most likely need a dedicated server.
    Edited by relentless_turnip on March 1, 2021 12:22PM
  • LarsS
    LarsS
    ✭✭✭✭✭

ZOS states that the NA servers are in Texas and the EU servers are at the European Datacenter in Germany (Franfurt). The serveres are thus not distributed physically but placed in specific locations. Thus each megaserver is dependent on the computing power and internet capacity at that specific datacenter. At least the EU server got a login wall a year or two ago while they were wating for an hardware expansion of that server center ( it hit cyro as well). Cyro instances may well have there dedicated computer and communication capacity, but they will still be depandent on the centers conectivity with the world.

What I suggest is to make a test with the cyro instances located at a different physical location. It may be difficult in practice due to security reasons.
    GM for The Daggerfall Authority EU PC
  • Kikazaru
    Kikazaru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    515aeLo.jpg

Prime time in a nutshell.

But hey, at least the fights feels a lot more enjoyable! :D
    Mizaru

“Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
  • techyeshic
    techyeshic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've had a decent experience tonight after maintenance this morning, but I did have some guildies having crashing issues. And 1 kept getting kicked out of Cyrodiil completely which is new.
  • Aerenthir
    Aerenthir
    ✭✭✭
    Unfortunately, Cyrodiil always works better after Server maintenance. It will be back to horrible ping drops in a day or two, don't worry. :D
  • Env_t
    Env_t
    ✭✭✭
    WHEN EVENT WILL OVER????????????????
  • Ranger209
    Ranger209
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aerenthir wrote: »
    Unfortunately, Cyrodiil always works better after Server maintenance. It will be back to horrible ping drops in a day or two, don't worry. :D

It also always works better when PTS isn't running along side of it.
  • Starshadw
    Starshadw
    ✭✭✭✭

This is true - and honestly, tells me someone should be taking a look at what that means.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Env_t wrote: »
    WHEN EVENT WILL OVER????????????????

this ^
    when is this test done? @ZOS_BrianWheeler

monday is 3 weeks, can we please be done today instead?

Edited by Gilvoth on March 3, 2021 3:39AM
  • Greasytengu
    Greasytengu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Starshadw wrote: »

This is true - and honestly, tells me someone should be taking a look at what that means.

would gladly accept cyrodiil being down for a hour everyday if it improved performance.
    " I nEeD HeAlInG!!! "
  • Luke_Flamesword
    Luke_Flamesword
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Eh, I don't want end of this test - I enjoy so much Cyrodiil without procs so I play every day at least a hour or two. I don't even mind lag and op sorcs, it's so much more fun. I don't see almost any snipe and that was most annoying sound ever :D
    PC | EU | DC |Stam Dk Breton
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eh, I don't want end of this test - I enjoy so much Cyrodiil without procs so I play every day at least a hour or two. I don't even mind lag and op sorcs, it's so much more fun. I don't see almost any snipe and that was most annoying sound ever :D

I love cyrodill without procs
  • alterfenixeb17_ESO
    alterfenixeb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Sadly 3 weeks are almost over while a lot of people seem to be actually liking idea of no proc sets in Cyro. @ZOS_BrianWheeler is it already known if we can expect this change to be kept as permanent / reintroduced soon? Or at the very least if current test will be prolonged?
    Edited by alterfenixeb17_ESO on March 4, 2021 2:46PM
  • keto3000
    keto3000
    ✭✭✭
    I'm with the @Greasytengu on this one!!! Hey Myreeja!!
    Starshadw wrote: »

would gladly accept cyrodiil being down for a hour everyday if it improved performance.

“The point of power is always in the present moment.”

― Louise L. Hay
  • Greasytengu
    Greasytengu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sadly 3 weeks are almost over while a lot of people seem to be actually liking idea of no proc sets in Cyro. @ZOS_BrianWheeler is it already known if we can expect this change to be kept as permanent / reintroduced soon? Or at the very least if current test will be prolonged?

If they decide to keep it and its found that there has been little to no improvement on performance, then I hope they add more sets to the allowed list.

Most of people's complaints about proc sets involve getting killed by their effects. Sets revolving around buffing/healing, providing unique non-damaging effects, and sets that are on the proc list because their 5th is percentage based could be added into the list of approved sets without much complaint from the PVP community.

Personally I find most buffing proc sets inoffensive. If a set that provides a buff and a set that deals damage directly equals to about the same DPS increase, it still feels better to die to someone using the buff set as it at least requires some player input to actually do damage.

keto3000 wrote: »
    I'm with the @Greasytengu on this one!!! Hey Myreeja!!

Oh S'wit, Whaddup!
    " I nEeD HeAlInG!!! "
  • eternalshockcable
    eternalshockcable
    ✭✭✭
    Hi, I would like to say, I'm not a fan of the test.

As far as the servers are concerned,
    they're 7 years old and have been in need of an upgrade.

Do master weapons still work?

• Tivnael
    Tivnael
    ✭✭
    Hi, I would like to say, I'm not a fan of the test.

As far as the servers are concerned,
    they're 7 years old and have been in need of an upgrade.

Do master weapons still work?

they dont
  • GERMANO-THE-IMPERIAL
    We don't like the game anymore, we will be leaving the game for a long time.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Thanks to everyone for participating in this latest Cyrodiil test where we disabled all proc sets. Similar to what many of you have noted in your feedback, we found this test did not impact performance in a measurable amount; if anything, there was a very slight degradation of performance at times, likely due to a higher population of players in Cyrodiil.

We’ve heard from a lot of you that despite performance largely being the same, disabling proc sets has breathed new life into PvP gameplay and has made fights more enjoyable and fun. To that end, we’ll be leaving proc sets disabled until Update 31 launches in Q3. At that point, we will have implemented some new code so we can have more flexibility to campaign rulesets as it applies to proc sets. We’ll work on applying all this to consoles as well, and we’ll let you know when we have a date for this starting.

Now that we’ve had time to digest a lot of data and information, we have a better idea of next steps and the work needed to produce noticeable improvements to performance in Cyrodiil. This work is complex and will take a fair amount of time and effort. We are committed to improving the PvP experience, though, and we have already begun scheduling out this work. Please note that none of the scheduled work will implement any of the changes we made on PC during past tests, and at this time we don’t plan to run any additional tests.

When Update 29 launches on Monday for PC, we’ll be turning off double AP but proc sets will remain disabled as mentioned above. We appreciate the time everyone spent in Cyrodiil during these tests and all the feedback that’s been submitted.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    well then please make new sets
  • Faded
    Faded
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To that end, we’ll be leaving proc sets disabled until Update 31 launches in Q3. At that point, we will have implemented some new code so we can have more flexibility to campaign rulesets as it applies to proc sets. We’ll work on applying all this to consoles as well, and we’ll let you know when we have a date for this starting.

I love it when you surprise me. :o

Edited by Faded on March 5, 2021 7:53PM
  • NirnStorm
    NirnStorm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No proc sets for half a year?
    And here I thought the fun times are about to end when the patch hits.

Thank you so much ZOS for recognizing the negative feelings of the community towards the proc meta in Cyrodiil, and for giving us a solution, even if it's only partial and temporary.

I hope you'll consider adding stat-procs (I.E. bloodspawn, briarheart and clever alchemist) back, as I feel most players are happy with those, while keeping damage-procs (like Crimson, Vateshran destro, etc.) disabled, but I'm very pleased with this as a temporary solution already.

Here's hoping performance can be improved soon too.
    Edited by NirnStorm on March 5, 2021 11:27PM
    Characters: (PC NA)
    Ruerock | mDK ___________________________________ Nirnstorm | Magplar
    Ruepork the Magsorc | Magsorc __________________ Nirnshade | Magblade
    Pay To Warden | Magden _________________________ Moar Siege | Stamsorc
    Necrotic Orb | Magcro ____________________________ Bluerock | mDK
    Thelol Kadjit | Magplar ___________________________ Chalman Keep | Stamden
    Characters: (PC EU)
    Reurock | mDK ___________________________________ Nirnstorm | Magplar
    Refrigerator Boy | Magden _______________________ One Button AoE Stun| Magsorc
    Why So Spearious | Stamplar _____________________ Ree ee ee ee | StamDK
    Faction Locked | Magblade _______________________ Bae Blade| Stamblade
    You Shalk Not Pass | Stamden ____________________ Frag N Cheese | Magsorc

🔥 Nirnstorm.com - Top Tier PvP Builds & Guides 🔥

ESO Stream Team Member
    Twitch
    : Twitch.tv/Nirnstorm
    YouTube: YouTube.com/Nirnstorm
    Community Discord: https://discord.gg/APy9KK3

PvP Guild - Flame - [ Videos ]

Faction Lock contradicts the One-Tamriel concept.
    Please do NOT keep it in the game.
  • NotTaylorSwift
    NotTaylorSwift
    ✭✭✭✭
    Literally what is the point in selling dlc if all of the sets available are not gonna be useable in cyrodiil? Every decision you make is honestly so bad :joy: It's just funny at this point.
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks to everyone for participating in this latest Cyrodiil test where we disabled all proc sets. Similar to what many of you have noted in your feedback, we found this test did not impact performance in a measurable amount; if anything, there was a very slight degradation of performance at times, likely due to a higher population of players in Cyrodiil.

We’ve heard from a lot of you that despite performance largely being the same, disabling proc sets has breathed new life into PvP gameplay and has made fights more enjoyable and fun. To that end, we’ll be leaving proc sets disabled until Update 31 launches in Q3. At that point, we will have implemented some new code so we can have more flexibility to campaign rulesets as it applies to proc sets. We’ll work on applying all this to consoles as well, and we’ll let you know when we have a date for this starting.

Now that we’ve had time to digest a lot of data and information, we have a better idea of next steps and the work needed to produce noticeable improvements to performance in Cyrodiil. This work is complex and will take a fair amount of time and effort. We are committed to improving the PvP experience, though, and we have already begun scheduling out this work. Please note that none of the scheduled work will implement any of the changes we made on PC during past tests, and at this time we don’t plan to run any additional tests.

When Update 29 launches on Monday for PC, we’ll be turning off double AP but proc sets will remain disabled as mentioned above. We appreciate the time everyone spent in Cyrodiil during these tests and all the feedback that’s been submitted.

I think it's an interesting decision, not bad but also not as good as some think it is. It does make most sets in the game worthless now, the meta for pve on useful sets is already tight and pvp made a lot of sets worthwhile to collect. But this narrows that down a lot and makes most sets in the game not useful in either pvp or pve. (I guess battlegrounds?)

Also, the performance got worse. And not just b/c of populations. The pops were higher during the event than the test and the lag was bad. We had to leave grayhost multiple times when the pop wasn't even locked b/c of lag and the other campaign never had enough pop to even be useful to play in.

My bigger concern though is you guys need to make a lot more sets that are not proc sets work. And not in Q3, but right now. Sets like seducer, necropotence, war maiden, etc. should all be use-able. Even sets that have food conditions like bright throat and bone pirate should work.

Edit: I'd also add that I enjoy the no proc concept, though I think balancing them would have been a better decision. BUT, the fact this is being made to last most of the year and the classes are horribly unbalanced bothers me the most. So I guess I can shelve weaker classes like my templars and watch magsorcs and stamblades rule pvp all year. No procs would work a lot better if classes were not so wildly out of balance. (Here's one hint: if you have to disable abilities when a player picks up a scroll, then that ability is probably too strong to begin with).

In the end, this is a horrible band-aid fix because you guys got some positive feedback from a handful of players right at the start of the test. Cyrodiil has been pretty meh after the first half week of testing and without the bonus AP, it will probably just get more so as time goes on.
    Edited by xaraan on March 5, 2021 8:17PM
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
  • IAmIcehouse
    IAmIcehouse
    ✭✭✭✭

This is extremely upsetting. It's been fun for a change, but to leave 3 months of the majority of the game's sets unusable is frustrating as there is little diversity.

Not sure why we can't have a dedciated single campaign for this if this isn't for testing purposes. We have 2 CP campaigns.
  • nqvarihs
    nqvarihs
    ✭✭✭
    NEW PVP CONTENT POGCHAMP
  • HeroOfNone
    HeroOfNone
    ✭✭✭✭✭

CP Campaigns I saw no change to a lot of the lag

Non-CP campaigns though I saw a lot more stable play, especially compared to how it was before the proc sets were turned off.

Hopefully with the CP redo and some proc-set tweaking we'll see a cyrodiil that's stable in primetime.
    Herfi Driderkitty of the Aldmeri Dominion
    Find me on : Twitch | Youtube | Twitter | Reddit
  • Konviction77
    Konviction77
    ✭✭
    I love the no proxy, it just makes the skill of the players that more important than relying on set. Thanks
This discussion has been closed.