The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Feb 15 Cyrodiil Test Details

• forthwinds
    forthwinds
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know where you guys are getting this feedback, but the performance is absolutely terrible and there has been less of a population in cyrodiil. It wasn't even poplocked in Gray Host on Monday during primetime... Maybe it has to do with the fact that cross heals were re-enabled?

The fact that the developers and community team is so out of touch with their own game really makes me sad because this games pvp is something special when it works.
    Dawnbringer ✦ Godslayer ✦ Tick Tock Tormentor x3 ✦ Immortal Redeemer x2 ✦ Gryphon Heart x5 ✦ The Unchained x2 ✦ Emperor x6 ✦ Grand Overlord
  • Konviction77
    Konviction77
    ✭✭
    Please consider no cross heals at some point, as well. Thank you
  • NotTaylorSwift
    NotTaylorSwift
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks to everyone for participating in this latest Cyrodiil test where we disabled all proc sets. Similar to what many of you have noted in your feedback, we found this test did not impact performance in a measurable amount; if anything, there was a very slight degradation of performance at times, likely due to a higher population of players in Cyrodiil.

We’ve heard from a lot of you that despite performance largely being the same, disabling proc sets has breathed new life into PvP gameplay and has made fights more enjoyable and fun. To that end, we’ll be leaving proc sets disabled until Update 31 launches in Q3. At that point, we will have implemented some new code so we can have more flexibility to campaign rulesets as it applies to proc sets. We’ll work on applying all this to consoles as well, and we’ll let you know when we have a date for this starting.

Now that we’ve had time to digest a lot of data and information, we have a better idea of next steps and the work needed to produce noticeable improvements to performance in Cyrodiil. This work is complex and will take a fair amount of time and effort. We are committed to improving the PvP experience, though, and we have already begun scheduling out this work. Please note that none of the scheduled work will implement any of the changes we made on PC during past tests, and at this time we don’t plan to run any additional tests.

When Update 29 launches on Monday for PC, we’ll be turning off double AP but proc sets will remain disabled as mentioned above. We appreciate the time everyone spent in Cyrodiil during these tests and all the feedback that’s been submitted.

This is extremely upsetting. It's been fun for a change, but to leave 3 months of the majority of the game's sets unusable is frustrating as there is little diversity.

Not sure why we can't have a dedciated single campaign for this if this isn't for testing purposes. We have 2 CP campaigns.

it is like 6 or 7 months not 3 :joy: Q2 is June, this is staying until Q3 lol... :/
  • Cyrdemaceb17_ESO
    Cyrdemaceb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Sorcodiil until Fall 2021? With the apparent disadvantages of several classes against Sorcs still unsolved? Time to find a new game until X-Mas and unsubscribing ESO+
  • amir412
    amir412
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks to everyone for participating in this latest Cyrodiil test where we disabled all proc sets. Similar to what many of you have noted in your feedback, we found this test did not impact performance in a measurable amount; if anything, there was a very slight degradation of performance at times, likely due to a higher population of players in Cyrodiil.

We’ve heard from a lot of you that despite performance largely being the same, disabling proc sets has breathed new life into PvP gameplay and has made fights more enjoyable and fun. To that end, we’ll be leaving proc sets disabled until Update 31 launches in Q3. At that point, we will have implemented some new code so we can have more flexibility to campaign rulesets as it applies to proc sets. We’ll work on applying all this to consoles as well, and we’ll let you know when we have a date for this starting.

Now that we’ve had time to digest a lot of data and information, we have a better idea of next steps and the work needed to produce noticeable improvements to performance in Cyrodiil. This work is complex and will take a fair amount of time and effort. We are committed to improving the PvP experience, though, and we have already begun scheduling out this work. Please note that none of the scheduled work will implement any of the changes we made on PC during past tests, and at this time we don’t plan to run any additional tests.

When Update 29 launches on Monday for PC, we’ll be turning off double AP but proc sets will remain disabled as mentioned above. We appreciate the time everyone spent in Cyrodiil during these tests and all the feedback that’s been submitted.

At least give us CP bgs, these small set options totally destroyed the diversity cyrodiil had.
    Edited by amir412 on March 5, 2021 8:20PM
    PC | EU | AD |Stam Dk named "-Saidden"| 1700 CP|
    "..A world without fire. Ashen one, is this truly thy wish?.."

• IAmIcehouse
    IAmIcehouse
    ✭✭✭✭

This is extremely upsetting. It's been fun for a change, but to leave 3 months of the majority of the game's sets unusable is frustrating as there is little diversity.

Not sure why we can't have a dedciated single campaign for this if this isn't for testing purposes. We have 2 CP campaigns.

it is like 6 or 7 months not 3 :joy: Q2 is June, this is staying until Q3 lol... :/

My math... sucks.

Well, if I thought I was about to leave when I knew it was three months. Christ. I have no words.
  • Starshadw
    Starshadw
    ✭✭✭✭
    xaraan wrote: »
    My bigger concern though is you guys need to make a lot more sets that are not proc sets work. And not in Q3, but right now. Sets like seducer, necropotence, war maiden, etc. should all be use-able. Even sets that have food conditions like bright throat and bone pirate should work.

The problem is that those if-then sets work the same way as proc sets (which are also basically if-then sets) - so they must all currently be treated the same in terms of the game code and thus aren't easy to separate. I would guess that the statement about "we will have implemented some new code so we can have more flexibility to campaign rulesets as it applies to proc sets" is about the sets like the ones you mention above. We'll have to wait and see.

• dinokstrunz
    dinokstrunz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty disappointing ngl while the no proc ruleset was enjoyable for the first few days however the improvement was barely noticeable at peak hours if not any, ball groups still caused abysmal performances, combat got stale incredibly fast and there's not enough sets available to keep Cyrodiil pvp engaging. If there's one positive from this news it would be BGs and Imperial City will be more populated.
  • TwinLamps
    TwinLamps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    so malacath wont work for 6 more months?
    Awake, but at what cost
  • Elo106
    Elo106
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can we do that to half of the campaigns or is the tech that disables procs an all or nothing kind of deal?
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
  • The Uninvited
    The Uninvited
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Please clarify, all proc sets or all sets that require calculation?
    Pandora's Promise (rip) | LND | Pactriotic | IKnowWhatUDidLastWinter's | The Uninvited |

Ride the paranoia | All life is pain | Only the grave is real
  • Rikakiah
    Rikakiah
    ✭✭✭
    The test was PC only. However, with them extending the no procs an extra several months, will they make this for console, too? I enjoy pvp, but am definitely a PVE player, so I'm not torn either way, but was about to make a crimson set to try on one of my characters. If no procs are going to console, I need to save my crystals. If they're not changing consoles, it'll be weird having different rule sets between platforms.
  • hands0medevil
    hands0medevil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wait, wait, wait, so I bought all the chapters and dlcs and now I can't use 90% of sets in PVP because you screwed? OK, give me the free pet and I'll be fine
    Edited by hands0medevil on March 5, 2021 9:00PM
  • VixxVexx
    VixxVexx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Six months with only a dozen sets. RIP theorycrafting
  • Crash427
    Crash427
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love the no proxy, it just makes the skill of the players that more important than relying on set. Thanks

Proxy works fine, its Vicious Death that's turned off. Without it every night primetime will be nothing but faction stacks, as it has been the last three weeks. So much for encouraging people to spread out.
  • Sm0ke
    Sm0ke
    ✭✭✭
    Idk where you getting feedback but Cyrodiil was terrible before the tests, as during any tests.
    You should also disable cross-healing and any actions that are used on people outside the group.
    Edited by Sm0ke on March 5, 2021 8:38PM
  • Ae'ron
    Ae'ron
    ✭✭✭

I don’t think I’ve ever been angry or disappointed in ESO since I began playing at launch but this... this is very disappointing. This takes years of sets and grinding and throws it away. I’ve never even made a forum post before today.

Performance got worse, MUCH worse on the GH campaign. I’m not sure who had their feedback listened to but guilds have canceled runs in GH because the lag was so bad healers couldn’t get a skill off. I didn’t even have lag this bad at the height of Midyear Mayhem.

It’s less fun, healers are screwed, and it makes everything monotonous. I enjoy not knowing if someone has vicious death or a great monster helm. Sure it can be frustrating to be bombed but it’s also part of the unpredictability of cyrodill. I enjoy the chaos it creates because that’s what cyrodiil is supposed to be. Not Julianos vs Crafty Alfiq with no monster helm or master weapons. What’s the point of getting these exciting sets now?

Look, I know that everyone at ZOS is working their collective butts off to deliver quality content and amazing customer support during a pandemic. And I for one am insanely appreciative.

But this decision? To remove years of sets and hard work (not to mention gold mats) from PvP for months?

I’m so disappointed… very disappointed.
  • Marto
    Marto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally, I'd love to see proc-set effects limited to Monster Helmets only.

You can only wear one of them, and they often have very distinguishable effects and particles. They're also very unique and interesting.

Monster helmets are some of my favorite loot to get in ESO, and I'd love to keep using them.
    "According to the calculations of the sages of the Cult of the Ancestor Moth, the batam guar is the cutest creature in all Tamriel"
  • CyberSkooma
    CyberSkooma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    uhhhhhhhhh.......................
    I play this game a little bit I guess
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We’ve heard from a lot of you that despite performance largely being the same, disabling proc sets has breathed new life into PvP gameplay and has made fights more enjoyable and fun....
    .... for those who don't know how to counter/aren't able to/don't want to farm the proc sets. This vocal minority has swayed your opinion? Really? Most people don't want to admit here on the forums that they like using proc sets because they get accused of being carried by them..... as if suddenly the proc "victims" are now 'able to show what pure pvp'ing is like without dying all the time', or something.

Put up an official poll asking "Do you prefer being able to use all the sets available in game, or just the 19 flat stat based sets currently allowed?" and make it a private poll, and let's see how the players really feel without the elitist hype.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • Elyox
    Elyox
    ✭✭
    We’ve heard from a lot of you that despite performance largely being the same

I'm sorry but, who said that? Where, i need infos, I haven't seen anyone saying it's better on EU yet, in 3 weeks. Maybe NA, but that'd be usual since their server is just better o/
    Sometimes I do pvp, sometimes I do pve, sometimes I'm on break, sometimes I'm part of some players that can't login, that's kinda life
  • Master_Kas
    Master_Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So elder magsorcs online, like 10 boring sets to use and no double ap for more months?

Yeah.. no. :|
    EU | PC
  • Szende
    Szende
    ✭✭✭
    I'm kinda confused how's the new moon and wild hunt ring are proc sets, but sure. Six months.... This is far the worst new ever in this game for me.
    PC-EU
    Kyra Leith - PvP Stamina Nightblade
  • The Uninvited
    The Uninvited
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You know what I also liked? The double AP! But I guess you won't keep that as well, will you?
    Pandora's Promise (rip) | LND | Pactriotic | IKnowWhatUDidLastWinter's | The Uninvited |

Ride the paranoia | All life is pain | Only the grave is real
  • TragedyOA
    TragedyOA
    ✭✭✭✭
    wow
  • Galarthor
    Galarthor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you ZOS for listening to us!!! (no sarcasm!)

After so many years I am finally enjoying Cyrodiil again and i was dreading next week when it would all be back to the usual.
  • RealLoveBVB
    RealLoveBVB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AWESOME!

Please consider to disable procs in Battlegrounds too!
  • DonGodJoe
    DonGodJoe
    ✭✭✭
    So many mad lads here :D
    Just use procs. Simple. No brain is required.
  • forthwinds
    forthwinds
    ✭✭✭
    Elyox wrote: »
    We’ve heard from a lot of you that despite performance largely being the same

I'm sorry but, who said that? Where, i need infos, I haven't seen anyone saying it's better on EU yet, in 3 weeks. Maybe NA, but that'd be usual since their server is just better o/

Nope NA got worse during during the tests and video evidence/detailed reports from a majority of AD's GMs on Gray Host were forwarded through a class rep straight to ZOS. I'm not sure where they are getting this false info from.
    Dawnbringer ✦ Godslayer ✦ Tick Tock Tormentor x3 ✦ Immortal Redeemer x2 ✦ Gryphon Heart x5 ✦ The Unchained x2 ✦ Emperor x6 ✦ Grand Overlord
  • Aruu
    Aruu
    ✭✭✭
    So you completely acknowledge that the performance has been worse during these tests, yet keep them on? The whole point of these tests is to try to improve performance, NOT gameplay. Everyone says that gameplay would be fine if only there was no lag, and you decide to purposefully increase the lag.

Saying the lag is "likely due to a higher population in Cyrodil" is ridiculous because Cyrodil is always locked with queues anyway. Unless you've changed the max populations as yet another variable to keep track of during tests like you did with cross healing, this would make absolutely no difference.

This discussion has been closed.