Is vampire trash currently?

• Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Raideen wrote: »
    I agree with many of your points, but its not easy to "experiment" and not cheap either, unless one does all of this on the PTS.

Yeah, I was originally pretty excited about the set collections system because it would make doing fun things a bit easier. As a console player I don't even have access to PTS to test anything, so I basically have to just look at everything manually and hope it works out OK in practice. Usually it does, sometimes it doesn't. Overall, because with how much the developers tinker with this and that, I'll focus on nailing a particular character concept and getting it to work well enough and not sweat the small stuff. A lot of what works and what doesn't is tied to player preferences and what we do in the game, which the OP did not specify for the discussion. I tell my story in part to point out that vampire can and does work fine and is not unqualified "trash." Could certain things be better? Oh, for sure, but it's not really up to me so I work with what I've got.
    Options
  • briano42
    briano42
    ✭✭
    So I’m running a magplar a vamp. I’ve not bothered with ring of the pale order because puncturing sweeps heals plenty.
    But question.... if I had ring of pale order, would it add an additional 18% healing to the heal I get from puncturing sweeps, or would the ring’s heal cap limit it and make it not ‘stackable’?
    Options
  • Ryuvain
    Ryuvain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    briano42 wrote: »
    So I’m running a magplar a vamp. I’ve not bothered with ring of the pale order because puncturing sweeps heals plenty.
    But question.... if I had ring of pale order, would it add an additional 18% healing to the heal I get from puncturing sweeps, or would the ring’s heal cap limit it and make it not ‘stackable’?

It will stack. The ring only limits the instance of heal from itself.
    That one khajiit obsessed with werewolf behemoth and vampire lord. Lady Thorn is bae, dont @ me.
    Werewolf behemoth=vampire lord>blood scion>werewolf>vampire.
    Options
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ryuvain wrote: »
    briano42 wrote: »

It will stack. The ring only limits the instance of heal from itself.

I'd also like to add the ring heals from basic light, medium, and heavy attacks as well as damage over time and AoE abilities. The ring can heal a LOT if you're hitting multiple targets with area of effect abilities and DoTs.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
    Options
  • bellatrixed
    bellatrixed
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Basically the only reason I play ESO is because it lets me play vampires... and it's bad. Super bad.

I was wildly excited we got a chapter focused on vampires with a vampire rework, only for them to effectively ruin it. I mean, to be fair, vampire sucked before this too for everything but stage 1 regen. I was hoping the rework would make me actually want to run around being vampiric though.

And to me, stats and numbers aside, that's my biggest issue with vampire in its current state. Aside from the feeding animations, it just doesn't feel vampiric at all to me. The NPC vampires have amazing, vampiric abilities... how about some bat swarms, gap closers where you latch onto people and bite them, or general aesthetics more towards shadows/dark red blood magic rather than massive magenta sparkles?

So I basically just stay in stage 1 and do nothing vampiric, just like before the rework--except this time my stats are actually worse. So I gained nothing and lost something, neat.
    ESO Roleplay | RP community for all factions/servers/platforms
    Options
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PaddyVu wrote: »
    Vampire is absolutely awesome, without vamp, i cant solo vet hard mode dlc dungeon, 13 vet dlc dungeon has been soloed because i'm vamp stage 4 magDK, it's so great ! Excellent skill !

Any tips, gear etc. I run the same type of character and need to improve.
    Options
  • Artim_X
    Artim_X
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love using the feeding animation on npcs and unnatural movement in PvE can be quite fun.

In PvP I like that I can use mist form at stage 1 and that the dark stalker passive works fully at stage 1.

Other than that I hate the revamp and would rather have the old version of the skill line back.

tenor.gif?itemid=5180822
    (AD) Artim X/Xirtām/Måtrix |PC/NA| Casual staff wielding vampire sorcerer/templar/arcanist
    Electric-Burn/Stun
    https://media.giphy.com/media/Av0zcKH3i2BkaY1GXW/giphy.gif/https://c.tenor.com/jQHdFftrgwMAAAAC/tenor.gif
    • Damage Dealing Build.
    • Gear: 5 Infallible Aether (All apparel light and Divines with Max Mag Enchants), 1 Slimecraw Guise for max spell critical (Divines, light, Max Mag Enchants), Maelstrom's Perfected Inferno/Lightning Staff (infused/shock enchant), and Rage of the Ursauk jewelry (bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant)/lightning staff (infused/flame/weapon damage enchant). 1 Mora's Whispers.
    • Ability-Bar 1: Critical Surge, Boundless Storm, Mages' Wrath, Lightning Flood, Twilight Tormentor (Twilight Matriarch for solo roleplay variant of build), and Power Overload.
    • Ability-Bar 2: Crushing Shock/Storm Pulsar, Streak, Flame/Shock Reach, Unstable Wall of Fire/Storms, Twilight Tormentor (Twilight Matriarch for solo roleplay variant of build) and Fiery/Thunderous Rage.
    Electric-Heal
    https://media.giphy.com/media/5ibGIHneWS6ek/giphy.gif
    • My Healer Build.
    • Gear: 5 Spell Power Cure (All apparel light and Divines with Max Mag Enchants), 1 Slimecraw Guise for max spell critical (Divines, light, Max Mag Enchants), Maelstrom's Perfected Lightning Staff (Charged/shock enchant), and Infallible Aether jewelry (arcane with spell damage enchant)/restoration staff (Powered with absorb magicka enchant). 1 Mora's Whispers.
    • Ability-Bar 1: Power Surge, Boundless Storm, Blessing of Restoration, Energy Orb, Twilight Matriarch, and Replenishing Barrier.
    • Ability-Bar 2: Dark Deal, Overflowing Altar, Elemental Drain, Blockade of Storms, Twilight Matriarch, and Aggressive Horn.
    Electric-Ward
    https://media.giphy.com/media/Wa0TGmtDvwW3e/giphy.gif
    • My Meme Tank Build that uses high resistance and variety of wards.
    • Gear: 5 Brands of Imperium (All body pieces except Head and Shoulders, with Divine trait, and with Prismatic Defense Enchants), full Mother Ciannait's (1 light and 1 medium. Divines and Max Mag Enchant), and Combat Physician jewelry (bloodthirsty with Prismatic Recovery Enchants), CP restoration staff (Infused with hardening enchant), and CP ice staff (Infused with crusher enchant).
    • Ability-Bar 1: Critical Surge, Bound Aegis, Deep Thoughts, Boundless Storm, Healing Ward, and Replenishing Barrier.
    • Ability-Bar 2: Silver Leash (Elemental Drain if healer isn't running it), Bound Aegis, Frost Clench, Blockade of Frost, Empowered Ward, and Temporal Guard.
    Electric-Vamp
    https://media.giphy.com/media/ukDQiYZzRAxMZKcK86/giphy.gif
    • Tanky stage 4 vampire utility focused PvP healer that can take down very inexperienced players but is primarily focused on working alongside others in an organized group, PUGs, or zergs.
    • Gear: 5 Torug's Pact for regular and NoCP build/Oblivion's Foe for dot build (medium chest and body pieces light. All Impenetrable. Max Mag Enchants). Gaze of Sithis and 1 light Mighty Chudan/Pirate Skeleton (light shoulders, and impenetrable with Max Mag Enchants). Knight Slayer/Pariah jewelry/Plaguebreak for dot build (bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant)/lightning staff (infused with oblivion enchant for regular and noCP build/absorb magicka enchant and Sharpened for dot build. Sharpened for dot build)/restoration staff (infused with oblivion enchant regular and noCP build/absorb magicka enchant and Sharpened for dot build).
    • Ability-Bar 1: Structured Entropy, Boundless Storm, Soul Splitting Trap, Radiating Regeneration, Healing Ward, and Life Giver.
    • Ability-Bar 2: Drain Vigor (Elemental Susceptibility), Race Against Time, Rune Cage, Radiant Magelight, Empowered Ward, and Shatter Soul.
    Dawnfang
    https://media.tenor.com/ogWfvDdsqBIAAAAd/anime-black-clover.gif
    • My casual one bar heavy attack Templar build that only utilizes Aedric Spear abilities.
    • Gear: 5 Infallible Aether (Head or Shoulder and body pieces except Chest. All body pieces Divines with Max Mag Enchants), 1 Slimecraw Guise for max spell critical (Divines, light, Max Mag Enchant), Lightning Staff of the Sergeant (Infused/shock enchant), and Sergeant's Mail jewelry (One Ring and one Neck. Both bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant). 1 Oakensoul Ring (bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant).
    • Ability-Bar 1: Puncturing Sweep, Aurora Javelin, Toppling Charge, Blazing Spear, Radiant Ward, and Crescent Sweep.
    Duskfang
    https://media.tenor.com/Jo8aG_ouy_oAAAAd/ac-odyssey.gif
    • Tanky stage 4 vampire utility focused PvP healer that can take down very inexperienced players but is primarily focused on working alongside others in an organized group, PUGs, or zergs.
    • Gear: 5 Torug's Pact (Heavy Chest with light Head, Waist, Hands, and Feet. All body pieces Impenetrable. Health enchant on head and everything else Magicka Enchants), 1 Medium Mighty Chudan/Pirate Skeleton Shoulder (Impenetrable, Max Health Enchant), Knight Slayer Restoration Staff (Infused/Decrease Health enchant/Stealth-Draining Poison IX), and Knight Slayer jewelry (One Ring and one Neck. Both bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant). 1 Oakensoul Ring (bloodthirsty with Spell Damage Enchant).
    • Ability-Bar 1:Radiant Oppression, Race Against Time, Aurora Javelin, Breath of Life, Resolving Vigor, and Life Giver (Shatter Soul).
    PvE Starter Gear
    https://media.giphy.com/media/6CovzgyTig7M4/giphy.gif
    • Gear: 5 Law of Julianos (heavy chest, gloves/belt light, and the rest can be light or 1 medium piece if you're not wearing medium anywhere else on your body. All in training if grinding for XP or divines), Armor of the Seducer or Magnus' Gift head, shoulder, and staves (light with 1 medium piece if you are not already wearing 1 medium Julianos piece. All in training or divines. The staves should be training or infused), and 3 purple Willpower Jewelry with Arcane trait (can be bought from trading guilds for relatively cheap.
    • Check tamrieltradecentre.com for the best deals if you're not using a price checking addon).
    Race
    https://media.giphy.com/media/sdEkeWpiaGz0A/giphy.gif
    • High elf, since you will not have issues with sustain, but other mag based races are also fine so this is more of a personal choice.
    Mundus Stones
    https://media.giphy.com/media/cT3wMhLGQWdKU/giphy.gif
    • PvP: The Lover for penetration when playing a sorc or temp.
    • PvE Healing/Damage: The Thief for decent crit rate.
    • PvE Tanking: The Lady to get close to resistance cap.
    Current Champion Points
    https://media.giphy.com/media/l4FGDAx6u3hthMhgI/giphy.gif
    • DPS Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Exploiter, Weapons Expert, Biting Aura, Thaumaturge, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    • Healer Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Enlivening Overflow, Hope Infusion, Weapon's Expert, Arcane Supremacy, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    • Tanky Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Ironclad, Enduring Resolve, Reinforced, Duelist's Rebuff, Bastion, Ward Master, Rejuvenation, Fortified.
    • PvP Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Enlivening Overflow, Weapon's Expert, Occult Overload, Arcane Supremacy, Bastion, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    • PvE Temp: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Fighting Finesse, Master-at-Arms, Weapons Expert, Biting Aura, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    • PvP Temp: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Enlivening Overflow, Weapon's Expert, From the Brink, Arcane Supremacy, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    Favorite Foods and Potions
    https://media.giphy.com/media/3otPoTggaYFNd1FdAI/giphy.gif
    • Parse Food for PvE:(DPS) Ghastly Eye Bowl (increases Max Magicka by 4592 and Magicka Recovery by 459 for 2 hours).
    • Gold/Purple Food for Sorc PvP and Meme Tanking:(PvP) Clockwork Citrus Filet (increases Max Health by 3326, Health Recovery by 406 [useful if stage 1 vampire], Max Magicka by 3080, and Magicka Recovery by 338 for 2 hours). Witchmother's Potent Brew (Increase Max Magicka by 2856, Max Health by 3094, and Magicka Recovery by 315 for 2 hours.
    • Trash Potions when feeling cheap: Regular CP150 Essence of Magicka pots that I obtain frequently from playing the game or Crown Tri-Restoration Potion obtained from dailies.
    • Crafted Potions: Essence of Spell Critical (Bugloss, Lady's Smock, and Water Hyacinth). Without magelight this is my primary means of obtaining Major Prophecy on my Sorc, which increases my Spell Critical Rating. This also heals and restores magicka. Essence of Immovability (Columbine, Corn Flower, and Wormwood). I use this in PvP, since this gives me stealth detection, knockback immunity, and restores magicka (better to use it when competent allies are nearby, since it might reveal that you are surrounded by multiple players in stealth and you will not have an emergency pot available after use). Essence of Invisibility with only 2 ingredients (Blue Entoloma, Namira's Rot, Nirnroot, or Spider Egg). I use this in PvE content that requires stealth and if I need more speed I'll use Rapid Maneuver before using the potion. Essence of Invisibility with 3 ingredients (Blessed Thistle, Blue Entoloma, and Namira's Rot). Very useful in PvP alongside the vampire Dark Stalker passive, since you'll be invisible, ignore movement speed penalty while in Crouch, and you'll have a 30% movement speed boost from Major Expedition (I always have this slotted when riding from point A to B in PvP land, since gankers are always lurking). My templar will mostly use Essence of Health (Tri-Stat Potion) Ingredients: (Mountain Flower, Columbine, and Bugloss).
    Options
  • LannStone
    LannStone
    ✭✭✭✭
    Artim_X wrote: »
    I love using the feeding animation on npcs and unnatural movement in PvE can be quite fun.

In PvP I like that I can use mist form at stage 1 and that the dark stalker passive works fully at stage 1.

Other than that I hate the revamp and would rather have the old version of the skill line back.

tenor.gif?itemid=5180822

I can't quit watching this GIF, lol. Modern vampires, of course, just bite right through a cross :)
    Options
  • Nephthys
    Nephthys
    ✭✭✭
    It is the worst change they have ever made. Okay so there is a cookie cutter build out there but even that is trash compared to everything else.

One of the big things the devs failed to take into account is that there was a very large community of Vamp RPers who liked to add a bit of flare and individuality to their character. That no longer is viable and the ultimate is the ugliest thing ever to be put into a game and is the most un-vampire looking abnormality imaginable.

I mourn the loss of Bat Swarm.
    Dunmer magicka Necromancer DPS/Healer
    Options
  • ccfeeling
    ccfeeling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    During Stage 4 , I can skip as much as possible the mobs in the dungeon and kill the bosses .

What Vampire really help me in the combat ? Nothing .

I think it works intentionally , I don't believe dev spent a year and reworked trashes .
    Options
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nephthys wrote: »
    It is the worst change they have ever made. Okay so there is a cookie cutter build out there but even that is trash compared to everything else.

One of the big things the devs failed to take into account is that there was a very large community of Vamp RPers who liked to add a bit of flare and individuality to their character. That no longer is viable and the ultimate is the ugliest thing ever to be put into a game and is the most un-vampire looking abnormality imaginable.

Bat Swarm was the best. Sure it didn't last nearly as long as Blood Scion, but it dealt more damage, had more identity, and felt more vampiric than that monstrosity.
    Options
  • VampireLordLover99
    VampireLordLover99
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vevvev wrote: »

Bat Swarm was the best. Sure it didn't last nearly as long as Blood Scion, but it dealt more damage, had more identity, and felt more vampiric than that monstrosity.

Not to mention actually was really good on Necro PvP and let them have some form of mobility with the bat-swarm teleportation power.
    Options
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Not to mention actually was really good on Necro PvP and let them have some form of mobility with the bat-swarm teleportation power.

Indeed, I miss teleporting around as my magDK with it. Nothing like using Clouding Swarm to keep up with streak Sorcs, getting at people on walls, and just having a blast feeling like a powerful vampire. Blood Scion feels slow and bulky due to the point of view change, and the fact they slowed down it's animation so it's feet didn't slide on the ground as it moved at base movement speed.
    Options
  • Sephyr
    Sephyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Indeed, I miss teleporting around as my magDK with it. Nothing like using Clouding Swarm to keep up with streak Sorcs, getting at people on walls, and just having a blast feeling like a powerful vampire. Blood Scion feels slow and bulky due to the point of view change, and the fact they slowed down it's animation so it's feet didn't slide on the ground as it moved at base movement speed.

With that rubber mask look, the scions could do with a pair of roller skates now that you mention it.
    Options
  • ShadowHvo
    ShadowHvo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, it is. So much so in fact that I've entirely abandoned the game until its fixed, and made properly viable for specs that isn't necessarily a magicka DD.

The fact that I can no longer enjoy, or reasonably play my beloved character, that I've had since launch, simply because I've chosen to play a Monstrous Vampire, is frankly ludicrous. At least it was a good 6 years until Greymoor launched and ruined it.

On the bright side, I'm no longer spending insane amount of money on housing and crown crates, so I suppose that's a win.
    Nighren - The Shadow Striker
    Leader of Bloodlines
    -- EU --

Want to roleplay in elder scrolls online? Check out eso-rp.com
    Options
  • VampireLordLover99
    VampireLordLover99
    ✭✭✭✭
    ShadowHvo wrote: »
    Yeah, it is. So much so in fact that I've entirely abandoned the game until its fixed, and made properly viable for specs that isn't necessarily a magicka DD.

The fact that I can no longer enjoy, or reasonably play my beloved character, that I've had since launch, simply because I've chosen to play a Monstrous Vampire, is frankly ludicrous. At least it was a good 6 years until Greymoor launched and ruined it.

On the bright side, I'm no longer spending insane amount of money on housing and crown crates, so I suppose that's a win.

I'll be there with you after this expansion reveal next week. It's essentially going to decide whether or not I abandon things till vamp gets fixed.
    Options
  • Sephyr
    Sephyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I'll be there with you after this expansion reveal next week. It's essentially going to decide whether or not I abandon things till vamp gets fixed.

Same. I'm still there casually for friends, but I'm not spending any more IRL money on crowns until they actually make this better. It's a shame too. I used to love spending money on the game, but now it's really hard to justify it. Vampire's one issue, the blatant neglection of performance is the other.
    Options
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sephyr wrote: »

Same. I'm still there casually for friends, but I'm not spending any more IRL money on crowns until they actually make this better. It's a shame too. I used to love spending money on the game, but now it's really hard to justify it. Vampire's one issue, the blatant neglection of performance is the other.

Truth be told the only thing really keeping me here is the fact I can play a vampire (despite how much I hate it's current state), the Elder Scrolls lore, and my RP guild. I used to enjoy PVP in this game but now I just go there to see all the fireworks when I get bored. The performance is so bad it's painful to try and take things seriously.
    Options
  • DT-ARR
    DT-ARR
    ✭✭✭✭

Truth be told the only thing really keeping me here is the fact I can play a vampire (despite how much I hate it's current state), the Elder Scrolls lore, and my RP guild. I used to enjoy PVP in this game but now I just go there to see all the fireworks when I get bored. The performance is so bad it's painful to try and take things seriously.

^^ This for me as well.
    Options
  • Finedaible
    Finedaible
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I agree with the sentiment about Bat Swarm. That ultimate was much cooler than the half-assed Bone Goliath clone.
    Options
  • VampireLordLover99
    VampireLordLover99
    ✭✭✭✭
    Finedaible wrote: »
    I agree with the sentiment about Bat Swarm. That ultimate was much cooler than the half-assed Bone Goliath clone.

The half-assed bone goliath clone could have been really cool too. Imagine if as part of the swarming Morph you could re-cast R to teleport in a swarm of bats similar to the NPCs.

Or imagine if they just wised up and gave us the actual cool and unique vampire lord model. And let us have blood magic/claw attacks while in the form instead of using our weapons.....and a way to stay in the form similar to werewolves....

I'm not saying that bat swarm is objectively the coolest ultimate ever, but they could have found ways to make Blood Scion just as cool if not better if they just put work into it. Instead it feels like just a crappy rip off whilst being a half-clone of two existing ults.

Options
  • VampireLordLover99
    VampireLordLover99
    ✭✭✭✭

I also really hate how they did necromancers in this game. So, for me it's mainly the horrible design of vampires/necromancers driving me away.

The worst part? Their NPC counter parts are x10 better designed and zos would save so much money and time if they just copied skills from them.

I want to be able to summon skeletons, zombies, flesh atronachs, bone colossuses. Wraiths that actually attack....shades, or even spirits. I want to be able to use that cool channel-beam attack necromancer npcs have that empower a summon.

I also don't think necromancers should have a heal/damage/tank skill line. They should have a damage/debuff/undead summoning line.

Meanwhile for vampires, all the NPC skills just destroy what we got as players. Summoning Blood-form Bloodknights, imps, and gargoyles? using various blood magic and bat swarm attacks? Having a drain that actually looks cool and lifts people up into the air (but in turn locks the vamp in place)?
    Options
  • rrimöykk
    rrimöykk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know vampire has been nerfed in the sense that the passives aren't as universally good for as many builds, but I think that's a good change. I'd prefer it as a unique playstyle (like werewolf)

Blood For Blood (and sometimes Simmering Frenzy) is meta for mag DPS in a lot of content, so it's safe to say it's not trash, even if it could be improved

Correction: it was meta, not anymore after the changes and that's why most cured it.
    Options
  • QuebraRegra
    QuebraRegra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    cured mine on 1 character last night.... no idea why I'd want a selected debuff on me, beyond he cosmetic aspects.

So much for a redesign... NPC vamps have far more uninteresting powers. Might have been more interesting had they made it a temporary class conversion with full skill lines.

Hmm, maybe ZOS wanted to sell more cures in the crown store because people don't know how to find them in-game?
    Edited by QuebraRegra on January 14, 2021 12:09AM
    Options
  • Starlight_Whisper
    Starlight_Whisper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    cured mine on 1 character last night.... no idea why I'd want a selected debuff on me, beyond he cosmetic aspects.

So much for a redesign... NPC vamps have far more uninteresting powers. Might have been more interesting had they made it a temporary class conversion with full skill lines.

Hmm, maybe ZOS wanted to sell more cures in the crown store because people don't know how to find them in-game?

Cute guy is with skill Respec shrine now
    Options
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not trash.

It has some good abilities and can be used to create some effective and fun builds if you're a little creative about it. But it no longer has the regen passive. So it won't be compatible with builds who only used the Vampire for that.
    Edited by Jeremy on January 14, 2021 11:19AM
    Options
  • JanTanhide
    JanTanhide
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It depends on your build and what skills you use. I've seen some pretty decent Vampire DPS builds for PVE (don't know about PVP).

I have cured all but two of my 16 Vampires and am just now playing a bit with the Skills. It is definitely a challenge for PVE content if you utilize the entire skill line. But some have figured it out and do very well with it.

But overall I think most players will avoid Vampire builds after trying them. Still, it's a fun challenge and I'm going to get a build working with Vampire skills....eventually. :smiley:
    Options
  • FrankonPC
    FrankonPC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vamp is solid because of undeath and mist form. Some skills need a rework imo, namely mesmerize. The ult is good.

Overall vamp is a B, could be better but pretty beneficial on quite a few specs.
    Options
  • VampireLordLover99
    VampireLordLover99
    ✭✭✭✭
    FrankonPC wrote: »
    Vamp is solid because of undeath and mist form. Some skills need a rework imo, namely mesmerize. The ult is good.

Overall vamp is a B, could be better but pretty beneficial on quite a few specs.

? You name 1 passive, 1 skill, and the ultimate as being useful and admit that some skills need a rework.

What kind of grading is that lol. How on earth does only 1 out of the 5 basic skills being useful result in a B? It sounds kinda trash based off what you're saying.
    Options
  • VampireLordLover99
    VampireLordLover99
    ✭✭✭✭
    JanTanhide wrote: »
    It depends on your build and what skills you use. I've seen some pretty decent Vampire DPS builds for PVE (don't know about PVP).

I have cured all but two of my 16 Vampires and am just now playing a bit with the Skills. It is definitely a challenge for PVE content if you utilize the entire skill line. But some have figured it out and do very well with it.

But overall I think most players will avoid Vampire builds after trying them. Still, it's a fun challenge and I'm going to get a build working with Vampire skills....eventually. :smiley:

If by Vampire dps build you mean "slot blood frenzy and eviscerate" then yeah sure, I guess those are decent "vampire" builds. Not too sure if I'd call them full vampire builds though. Or if I'd say that means theyre doing 'really good at it's lol.

If you intend to use all vampire skills as devs intended, you'll come to find out there's a reason no build utilizes all the skills or only focuses on the stat overloaded ones. Because the skill line is trash.
    Options
This discussion has been closed.