Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

werewolf skill still broken after 6.2.6

• Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/7061139#Comment_7061139
    "Just to clarify real quick: the maintenances tomorrow are server reboots and will not include any updates or patches. The next incremental patch will be in January, but we don't have the exact timing yet. "

I am gonna wait till that "patch" and if missing skill will not be refunded, I will start writing to support again regarding that status of my ticket.
    last time they wrote back was in December 9th, and they have not write back since, meaning that the issue is still ongoing and the status "Investigation Ongoing " has still not changed.

I am simply loosing my patience...

Edit:
    PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – January 6, 4:00AM EST (9:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EST (14:00 UTC)

Is the scheduled maintenance there to finally fix this bug and refund missing skill points ?
    Anyone ?
    Hello ?

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    @ZOS_SarahHecker
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on January 1, 2021 11:04PM
  • DanteOcean
    DanteOcean
    Soul Shriven
    I'm still missing my skill point for the werewolf ultimate that was suppose to be refunded almost a month ago. I have sent in a ticket that never got answered back in November. I have decided to make a forum account so I can post a report here and hopefully get an answer. wul3y075mak5.png

As you can see werewolf is maxed out I have morphs of all of the skills except the last one but my ult is the base morph despite me having a point spent into it before the bug.

Toon name is Ashira Stormclaw on PC/NA Account Name is DanteOcean. I hope you can fix my character not having the skill point as I enjoy being a werewolf with this toon.
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bradams wrote: »
    Cool, I get to be the first person to make the joke about how they STILL haven't addressed the community about the unfixed skill point bug from back in 2020.

I'm holding out to be the first in 2022 to say this is still not fixed.
  • majulook
    majulook
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is WW ever going to be fixed?
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
  • bradams
    bradams
    majulook wrote: »
    Is WW ever going to be fixed?

So far as I understand, it is currently fixed and safe to invest skill points into.

Unless you mean the skill points lost because of said WW bug, in which case, ZOS is REALLY trying to convince us that no, they no longer care. Don't forget to keep checking back and commenting though. They want us to stop commenting. They want us to forget. Even if they never intend to fix it, we have to make sure that they at least can't try to claim that "they didn't know it was still a problem" or any BS like that.
  • rpa
    rpa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    a
    Thanks all, looking into this now.

Have you caught any of our runaway skillpoints yet?
  • Scoutrider
    Using the @LoganBraddock method, the skill respec shrine uncovered more points than I had estimated. Not only did my werewolf character have one more lost skill point than I had thought, but a character that hadn't lost points to the recent bug is showing missing points, apparently from a previously unknown issue.

UserID: @Scoutrider
    Server: PC/NA

Characters:
    Kyatar - missing 1 point from Soul Trap reset.

Ataska - missing 4 points from Werewolf Transformation reset. I had estimated 3 points based on the number of times I remembered remorphing the skill, so possibly a point missing due to a previously unknown issue.

Zatine - missing 2 points due to a previously unknown issue. This character went through the vampire rework, so maybe points weren't refunded properly from existing vamps. Just speculation at this juncture.

My other 3 characters are showing no irregularities in skill points at the shrine.

The process I used was to select a full respec at the skill shrine, dividing the gold amount by 50, and comparing that number to the number of skills that the shrine shows I spent in each individual line, added manually. I did the calculation twice on each toon to verify my numbers. I could have payed for the respec to save time, then just noted the gold it was still asking for. However, I would have lost the time putting all the skills back in where they belonged, plus the gold cost.

Possible fix suggestion which would cover this bug and any previously unknown issues, would be to code the shrine to properly refund ALL the points on a full respec (including the lost points that the shrine has evidently kept track of despite these bugs), then give every existing character a free respec token.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, there was an update on server crashes thread:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/7071864#Comment_7071864

According to this thread:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/551180/update-28-known-issues-updated-11-24-10-30am-est#latest
    THIS is the official thread regarding missing skill point issue. Last update was on 7th December, on page 8th of this thread:
    "Thanks all, looking into this now."

It is almost a month... So, maybe we can have an update on this issue too ? ? ? Pretty please ? ? ? ...

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    @ZOS_SarahHecker
    @ZOS_BillE
  • bradams
    bradams
    Well, there was an update on server crashes thread:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/7071864#Comment_7071864

According to this thread:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/551180/update-28-known-issues-updated-11-24-10-30am-est#latest
    THIS is the official thread regarding missing skill point issue. Last update was on 7th December, on page 8th of this thread:
    "Thanks all, looking into this now."

It is almost a month... So, maybe we can have an update on this issue too ? ? ? Pretty please ? ? ? ...

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    @ZOS_SarahHecker
    @ZOS_BillE

would it be too far to go into those threads and ask why they get status updates and we don't? or would they just get all angry and ban us from the forums at that point?
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is any one else waiting for next incremental patch (I hope it is next Monday, 11th January) ?

I mean if they do not address this issue in the next patch... idk. Lack of communication is staggering. I feel like I am bashing my head over a brick wall.

I am just asking for help. A player is asking for help... and no one answers...

I really hate to do it, but I am gonna tag ZOS again. But after the amounts of ZOS tagged here they probably have set tags from this thread to "ignore". I mean there must be a reason why no one answers and posts any updates on serious issue like this one - missing in-game content.

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    @ZOS_SarahHecker
    @ZOS_BillE
    @ZOS_Adrikoth
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on January 6, 2021 10:59AM
  • Almakor
    Almakor
    ✭✭✭
    I've already left ESO because they wont refund the points.
  • stefj68
    stefj68
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i verified all my characters this morning, and they are still missing the exact same numbers of skills points... make me wonder if they actually really refunded some people or just some people assume they were...

thanks for the tricks to find out how many skillspoints were lost.
  • stefj68
    stefj68
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lack of communication? is their any communication at all?

i ask like 5 times if it was safe for now to morph back... no answer
    i ask like 3 times if their was an eta
    i posted like 3 tickets, they were all closed saying it was refunded on december the 7th which they weren't

wonder if the staff that answer those tickets, talk with the people that fix stuff, and to the person that speak out to the community?
    can we get a follow up on this please?

Edited by stefj68 on January 7, 2021 2:45AM
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    stefj68 wrote: »
    lack of communication? is their any communication at all?

i ask like 5 times if it was safe for now to morph back... no answer
    i ask like 3 times if their was an eta
    i posted like 3 tickets, they were all closed saying it was refunded on december the 7th which they weren't

wonder if the staff that answer those tickets, talk with the people that fix stuff, and to the person that speak out to the community?
    can we get a follow up on this please?

The customer support is NOT part of the dev team. They don't even work on the same building, not even the same State, perhaps not even the same Country. Customer support is outsourced to a company that does support for multiple games. They use a list of problems and solutions and just cut-n-paste the response.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Hey all, apologies for the silence here. We've been taking some time to thoroughly investigate this issue and will have an update posted for everyone early next week.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Starlight_Whisper
    Starlight_Whisper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    🥺 werewolf fix one day
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey all, apologies for the silence here. We've been taking some time to thoroughly investigate this issue and will have an update posted for everyone early next week.
    Thank you Gina ! :smiley:
  • stefj68
    stefj68
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    can we morph or not the skills
    i don't want to loose 20 more skills points

thats the 1st question ive been asking for over a month
    and still no answer...

i miss the werewolf berserker or the pack leader morph badly
    Edited by stefj68 on January 8, 2021 1:13AM
  • Scoutrider
    Yes, stefj68, your question has been answered earlier in this thread, and in other notifications.

They have stated that the resetting skills bug has been fixed. The characters of mine that were bugged have long since reset those skills and they are working as advertised.

The skill points refund is still in the works.
  • stefj68
    stefj68
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Scoutrider wrote: »
    Yes, stefj68, your question has been answered earlier in this thread, and in other notifications.

They have stated that the resetting skills bug has been fixed. The characters of mine that were bugged have long since reset those skills and they are working as advertised.

The skill points refund is still in the works.

i read should be fixed, like refunding point? that should have been fixed :) anyway thanks i will morph them tonight!

• Almakor
    Almakor
    ✭✭✭

I'm having issues creating an Final Fantasy Online account. If they ACTUALLY return the skill points I'd be more than happy to come back.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Just posted a full explanation and update in this thread: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/558109/
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just posted a full explanation and update in this thread: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/558109/
    Holy moly... :o

I lost one due to a bug... and I hope I wont lose more... All skill points I have were obtained either with skyshards or as quest rewards or level up rewards...
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on January 12, 2021 8:49PM
  • kirgeo
    kirgeo
    ✭✭✭
    Saw the new thread, but I am missing a skill point.
    UserID: @KirGeo
    Character: Do'krin-dar

Got a standard response from support saying is being looked into.
    I checked Ulrich's am supposed to have 428 Skill Points. Donation screen shows 21400/50 = 428.
    But the skill points I get back on manual clearing or pressing 'X' to clear all is 427. My Soul Trap skill was reset.

b1kufiyzwpa8.png
    uhfytio8ptu4.png
    ctci5puvrg51.png

Screenshots should act as proof.