Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

werewolf skill still broken after 6.2.6

• Almakor
    Almakor
    ✭✭✭
    Would Final Fantasy Online be a good alternative the ESO?
  • LoganBraddock
    I believe I have found a way to find out for certain if you have lost any skill points, which involves interacting with a Shrine of Stendarr

Here's the process.

First, let's look at one of my characters who hasn't lost any skill points.

This is Khai'dan, who I believe has lost NO skillpoints at all.
    a7yrcrf8a8n6.png

When I try to interact with a Shrine to Stendarr as Khai'dan, I see that I am given no option to reset my skill points:
    upphk6bmek5r.png

So I decide to assign a single skill point to Teleport Strike:
    8m9t95secier.png

Then I interact with the Shrine to Stendarr again, and I can see that I have the option to reset my skill points, which would cost me 50 gold coins, implying that resetting skill points costs 50 gold coins per point:
    r15ii8q4tha9.png

So I reset the skill points of all my skill lines, pay the 50 gold pieces, the single skill point I spent was reset, and afterwards, as expected, the Shrine to Stendarr won't give me the option to reset my skill points any longer.
    rbopjh7aexi5.png
    r53zs6f2c48h.png
    72fukhj24kwe.png
    2d3czs1a34s7.png

Second, let's look at my main character, Phaeryl Seldarine, who has lost two skill points due to the soul morph reset bug. As of the time of taking this screenshots she has no skill point assigned whatsoever.
    x8xaxkshgbpl.png

What is very interesting, is that when I interact with the Shrine to Stendarr, I actually have the option to reset my skill point, and the dialogue option mentions that doing so would cost me 100 gold pieces, implying two skill points would be reset (as per the exchange rate of 50 gold coins per skill point, as we previously established)
    wnklmct604ky.png

So I try to reset all of my skill points, but when I confirm the game tells me that the operation would not cost me anything, because I didn't refund any skill points. This appears to be true since, after confirmation, I don't get any skill points back and I end up having just as many skill points as I did before attempting the reset
    2gqqgwbz95xa.png
    wtpnfwa0jb29.png

In conclusion:
    • If you have lost any skill points to this Soul Trap Morph / Werewolf Ultimate reset bug, you will be able to try to reset your skill points at a Shrine to Stendarr even if you don't have any skill points allocated.
    • One method to find out if you have lost any skill points would be to reset all your skill points, and then try to interact with a Shrine to Stendarr again. If you still have the option to reset your skill points, then you have lost some.
    • The number of skill points you've lost is equal to the size of the donation divided by 50, hence, 50 gold pieces = 1 skill point lost, 100 gold pieces = 2 skill points lost, and so on.
    • A less disruptive way to find out if you've lost any skill points and how many are missing would be to count how many skill points you've allocated, multiply that value by 50, then interact with a Shrine to Stendarr, and compare the size of the required donation to the result you've calculated. If the size of the donation is greater, then you've lost a number of skill points equal to (donation size - (allocated skill points * 50)) / 50

Hope this helps.
    Edited by LoganBraddock on December 24, 2020 10:49AM
  • Almakor
    Almakor
    ✭✭✭
    Wait so Werewolf AND Soul Trap we bugged?
  • Almakor
    Almakor
    ✭✭✭
    stefj68 wrote: »
    submitted a thicket, and i got answer it was resolved on december 7th patch
    still missing 1-2 skillspoints on 7 characters
    how this is resolved?
    Well, I answered their email from support, saying that I did not got my Skill Point back (as they claim they fixed it in last patch).

And they wrote back:

Greetings!

Thank you again for contacting The Elder Scrolls Online customer Support.

The patch that was released on December 7th fixed the lost skill points issue for the majority of players.

However, if you did not get them back, we're currently investigating why some players did not get a skill point refund. When we have more information, we will update accordingly.
    You can read the patch notes here: PC/Mac Patch Notes v6.2.8

Thank you,
    The Elder Scrolls Online Team

This was on 9th December.
    I am hoping that it will take them 2 weeks (at best) - so they should write back next week, more or less December, 23rd. But I also take into account that Xmas is coming so they may work less or something like that.

Anyway, "sweeping this under the rug" is the worst they could do. If they can not refund me a skill point, then at least they should have the guts to tell me that. That way I would at least know that I can play normally and collect newer skill points & skyshards (have not touched Markarth zone yet).

I'm starting to think that since enough people are still playing they have decided not to address it. It would probably take a great number of players suddenly dropping out of the game for them to take this seriously.
  • Khajiitihaswares
    Khajiitihaswares
    ✭✭✭
    Almakor wrote: »

Yes. Both were bugged. Hence why some people are missing a lot of skill points.... Luckily I lost one on each char on two chars x.x...
    Edited by Khajiitihaswares on December 24, 2020 4:38PM
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Almakor wrote: »
    Yes, they were bugged in a way that made you lose skill level progression & skill point you have placed in it, as those 2 abilities were reseting to base morph lv. 1 when you changed zones.

It was bug-reported even on PTS (test server) before it went live, but somehow they did not fixed it and it went live with Markarth update (November 2nd, so almost 2 months ago)

So many players permanently lost skill point, some one, some more... and those were not refunded, despite the fact that ZOS said so...
    Funny thing is that ZOS was the only one who said those skill points were refunded. I have not seen any player on forums or in-game chat saying that they got a single skill point back.

And if I get my missing skill point back, I will for sure let you guys/gals know that.

Apparently, the current status of this issue is "Investigation Ongoing " (I have a e-mail from support, received on december 9th), so maybe they will fix it, but it takes too long imho. It should be communicated here, on forums, not through support tickets & e-mail...

If you will go to page 8 of this thread you will see ZOS_GinaBruno saying that "they are looking into this"... and silence since then...
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/553049/werewolf-skill-still-broken-after-6-2-6/p8
  • Almakor
    Almakor
    ✭✭✭
    I knew Werewolf was bugged because it was one of my main dps. I didn't know Soul Trap was too because I almost never use it.
  • bradams
    bradams
    Honestly, I seriously doubt a single PC player was refunded any of those skill points. I certainly haven't seen a anyone say that it worked, which makes me question exactly why they would tell everybody via personal email that it was fixed for everyone else. That is basically being told that you are out of luck and that nothing will be done for you, which I would assume has a much higher chance of encouraging a player to leave than just telling them that they are still looking into it.

And a big thank you to LoganBraddock for finding that method of seeing if you were affected in game! I'm sure a lot of people who were affected don't have the addon that makes checking for lost skill points easy, and maybe aren't comfortable with getting it, so an easy in game alternative is much appreciated. Not to mention that I'm sure that when the dev team finally tells us that they are sure everybody is fixed and don't intend to look into it anymore, they wont accept proof from a 3rd party addon to show that they are lying when they get called out on it.
  • Scoutrider
    Every time they announced a fix was being implemented, they seemed surprised when it was unsuccessful. I suspect that the response many of us with active tickets received was an automated, post patch finale to an event they were expecting to be completed.

The current silence is probably due to not wanting to put the proverbial "foot-in-mouth" by announcing for the fourth time they've got a fix coming, when they were sorely mistaken three times in a row.

I don't like to loose things I've already taken time and effort to earn, but I'm more concerned with being able to trust information passed down to the community in the future.
  • bradams
    bradams
    I just wish they would be more straightforward about it. Like I continued to play all through buggy November, even if it wasn't on my Werewolf character, because I believed them when they said a fix was coming. It wasn't until they said that it was fixed and went completely silent that I gave up hope and completely lost interest in playing.

I would rather a company admit to having trouble finding a solution, because I can understand that, than for them to be too scared of being wrong to say anything at all. I no longer get the impression that they care, hence why I no longer care to continue paying to play.
  • Sinolai
    Sinolai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe I have found a way to find out for certain if you have lost any skill points, which involves interacting with a Shrine of Stendarr

Here's the process.

First, let's look at one of my characters who hasn't lost any skill points.

This is Khai'dan, who I believe has lost NO skillpoints at all.
    a7yrcrf8a8n6.png

When I try to interact with a Shrine to Stendarr as Khai'dan, I see that I am given no option to reset my skill points:
    upphk6bmek5r.png

So I decide to assign a single skill point to Teleport Strike:
    8m9t95secier.png

Then I interact with the Shrine to Stendarr again, and I can see that I have the option to reset my skill points, which would cost me 50 gold coins, implying that resetting skill points costs 50 gold coins per point:
    r15ii8q4tha9.png

So I reset the skill points of all my skill lines, pay the 50 gold pieces, the single skill point I spent was reset, and afterwards, as expected, the Shrine to Stendarr won't give me the option to reset my skill points any longer.
    rbopjh7aexi5.png
    r53zs6f2c48h.png
    72fukhj24kwe.png
    2d3czs1a34s7.png

Second, let's look at my main character, Phaeryl Seldarine, who has lost two skill points due to the soul morph reset bug. As of the time of taking this screenshots she has no skill point assigned whatsoever.
    x8xaxkshgbpl.png

What is very interesting, is that when I interact with the Shrine to Stendarr, I actually have the option to reset my skill point, and the dialogue option mentions that doing so would cost me 100 gold pieces, implying two skill points would be reset (as per the exchange rate of 50 gold coins per skill point, as we previously established)
    wnklmct604ky.png

So I try to reset all of my skill points, but when I confirm the game tells me that the operation would not cost me anything, because I didn't refund any skill points. This appears to be true since, after confirmation, I don't get any skill points back and I end up having just as many skill points as I did before attempting the reset
    2gqqgwbz95xa.png
    wtpnfwa0jb29.png

In conclusion:
    • If you have lost any skill points to this Soul Trap Morph / Werewolf Ultimate reset bug, you will be able to try to reset your skill points at a Shrine to Stendarr even if you don't have any skill points allocated.
    • One method to find out if you have lost any skill points would be to reset all your skill points, and then try to interact with a Shrine to Stendarr again. If you still have the option to reset your skill points, then you have lost some.
    • The number of skill points you've lost is equal to the size of the donation divided by 50, hence, 50 gold pieces = 1 skill point lost, 100 gold pieces = 2 skill points lost, and so on.
    • A less disruptive way to find out if you've lost any skill points and how many are missing would be to count how many skill points you've allocated, multiply that value by 50, then interact with a Shrine to Stendarr, and compare the size of the required donation to the result you've calculated. If the size of the donation is greater, then you've lost a number of skill points equal to (donation size - (allocated skill points * 50)) / 50

Hope this helps.

Many thanks! I am going to go through all my characters like this. I know there are atleast 5 points missing across 3 characters and I think 2 more have lost 1 point and I have 3 characters that I think are okay but really want to make sure.
  • LoganBraddock
    Sinolai wrote: »
    Many thanks! I am going to go through all my characters like this. I know there are atleast 5 points missing across 3 characters and I think 2 more have lost 1 point and I have 3 characters that I think are okay but really want to make sure.

Please, let us know about your findings! If this method works consistently for everyone who has lost skill points, maybe it can get us closer to a solution? At the very least, it might help ZOS notice that it's a big problem, even after they claimed they solved it.

• bradams
    bradams
    Bump.

Because even if the devs have forgotten, the hundreds, maybe thousands of players who's characters are now inferior and not worth playing anymore, have not.
  • lovi
    lovi
    Used the formula @LoganBraddock (/clap /cheer) gave; (donation size - (allocated skill points * 50)) / 50

Looked up my allocated skillpoints with Urich's Skill Point Finder addon. Checked to donation size.

(20350-(412*50))/50 = -5

So still missing 5 skill points due to the werewolf bug I had.

• Zabagad
    Zabagad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @LoganBraddock - ty very much!

@ZOS_GinaBruno - if we can see it at the shrine, you (ZOS) have all infos you need.
    It should be easy to create a db-job or something else, which detects all missing skillpoints - devs should "copy" (*1) the shrine code for the correction.

btw - I have a char with a missing skillpoint who was no WW and had no soulmagic - but he was affected by the rapid riding change...

*1) I know its no copy - but the algorithm seems to work there...
    PC EU (noCP AD) Grey/Grau AD
  • LoganBraddock
    lovi wrote: »
    Used the formula @LoganBraddock (/clap /cheer) gave; (donation size - (allocated skill points * 50)) / 50

Looked up my allocated skillpoints with Urich's Skill Point Finder addon. Checked to donation size.

(20350-(412*50))/50 = -5

So still missing 5 skill points due to the werewolf bug I had.

Hello! Thanks for testing my method.

I just want to point out that I believe you have used the wrong methodology to count the skill points you have allocated or assigned. I say this because the calculations you did should always return a positive value, or zero. If the result you get is negative, then you have assigned more skill points than you've earned, which would either be impossible, or a different bug altogether.

You mentioned using Urich's Skill Point Finder to see how many skill points you've allocated, and I believe that's where the issue lies, as Urich's Skill Point Finder lists all the skill points you've collected (out of all the skill points that can be earned in game), not the ones you've assigned or allocated. It's also somewhat unreliable, as it cannot track if the character has used the folium discognitum, but that is outside the scope of this particular issue.

I would suggest using the SpentSkillPoints add on to count how many skill points you've spent, although that addon has not been updated in a few months, so it might not be completely reliable, but it might be worth a shot. Other methods to count how many skill points you've spent would involve resetting all your skill points and then looking at the skills window, although, as mentioned, that is very disruptive, especially for someone with 400+ skill points like yourself, or counting them by hand going through all the skill lines in the skills window, which I understand is time consuming.

In any case, thanks again for trying out my method and posting your results. I hope this shows ZOS that the issue is very real and very much unresolved.
  • LoganBraddock
    Zabagad wrote: »

Hello there! You're welcome.

I was trying to find a method to verify whether a character is bugged or not, without necessarily using any add on, so that the results would be indisputable. I am glad that people are testing it out: the more results are posted, the more the gravity of the issue becomes apparent.
  • Zabagad
    Zabagad
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I was trying to find a method to verify whether a character is bugged or not, without necessarily using any add on, so that the results would be indisputable. I am glad that people are testing it out: the more results are posted, the more the gravity of the issue becomes apparent.
    What I did for my testing:
    Looked at the shrine what it would cost - example: 2600
    Looked into each category how many skill points I have asigned (the counter on the right to the tree) and added them all together. My example: 51

The diff in the calc: "2600/50 - 51 = 1" should be the missing skillpoints you got - but without paying all the price.
    I testet that method once and it worked - I got with your way the dialog with "Make a donation [50]" and so I could do it on the other 17 chars for "free"...

PC EU (noCP AD) Grey/Grau AD
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What I did for my testing:
    Looked at the shrine what it would cost - example: 2600
    Looked into each category how many skill points I have asigned (the counter on the right to the tree) and added them all together. My example: 51

The diff in the calc: "2600/50 - 51 = 1" should be the missing skillpoints you got - but without paying all the price.
    I testet that method once and it worked - I got with your way the dialog with "Make a donation [50]" and so I could do it on the other 17 chars for "free"...
    I have tested that too with your method.
    I have a lot of skill points on my main (I play since 2014) so paying this much gold was not an option for me.

I have counted them manually and then I also checked with "SpentSkillPoints" addon - that actually shows how many skill points you have spend - and the results were the same.

I have 420 skill points in total spend on various skills, so 50 gold per skill point means that it should cost 21.000 gold to re-spec them... but the shrine of Shrine of Stuhn charges me 21.050 gold when I click on it... which means that it still charges me for that one missing skill point that I know I miss and this method confirms that. So, even without addons, the game itself can "see" all of your skill points (including missing ones) at the Shrine of Stuhn (skill points respec).

Also, I dont know if this is important, but after the bug occurred, and after it was hot-fixed so skills do not reset, I used morph - re-spec to transfer 1 skill point from soul trap morph (that did not reseted for me) to WW ulti (which reseted) so I levelled it up again. So despite that, game still "sees" I am missing one skill point, even though I switched some skill point around.

So basically, if ZOS still has troubles figuring out who is missing how many skill points - look at the gold cost at the Shrine of Stune (full skill point re-spec) and divide that by 50. There. The result should be how many skill points player should have spended on various skills. Now compare that to what they actually have spended and you will know who is missing how many skill points.
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on December 29, 2020 11:54AM
  • stefj68
    stefj68
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wish we hear from gina... can we safely morph the werewolf skills now, or its still resetting?
    can we get an eta on the fix... do we have to wait for next chapter?
    ty
  • lovi
    lovi

I just want to point out that I believe you have used the wrong methodology to count the skill points you have allocated or assigned. I say this because the calculations you did should always return a positive value, or zero.

You mentioned using Urich's Skill Point Finder to see how many skill points you've allocated, and I believe that's where the issue lies, .......
    I would suggest using the SpentSkillPoints add on to count how many skill points you've spent, ......

I went back to redo it, after seeing you mentioning a fault.
    Urich addon reports 412of 457 (these are attained skill point and not allocated as indeed. Good point). So this addon isn't correct.

As of today I noticed my not allocated skill points are up from 9 to 13, so I guess ZOS did something!!!!

With the SpentSkillPoints I see in my skill tree window a total of 417 with 9 not spend (so 417 - 13 = 394 allocated right?)

(20350-(394*50))/50 = 13

This is correct now! And I'm not missing skill point anymore since today!!!!

• lovi
    lovi
    With the SpentSkillPoints I see in my skill tree window a total of 417 with 9 not spend (so 417 - 13 = 394 allocated right?)
    Small typo there; 417 with 13 not spend
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Small typo there; 417 with 13 not spend
    What happens if you go to Shrine of Stune (skill points re-sepc) ? How much gold it is charging you ?

Should be 50 gold per skill point.

For example: If you have lets say 10 skill points spend - if you do not miss any skill points, it should charge you 500 gold. But if you do miss one it will charge you more. 50 gold per skill point, so if you miss one, it will charge you 550 gold, as if you had 11 skill points spend instead of 10.

Edit: You dont have to re-spec, just see how much gold it is charging you, then compare that to how many skill points you actually have spend on various skills/passives etc.
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on December 30, 2020 11:16AM
  • lovi
    lovi

What happens if you go to Shrine of Stune (skill points re-sepc) ? How much gold it is charging you ?

It charges me 20350 as I fulled into the formula above. The formula now gives my the good result of 13 points not spend out of the 417. My character got fixed as of yesterday/today (noticed my not allocated skillpoints higher today)
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It charges me 20350 as I fulled into the formula above. The formula now gives my the good result of 13 points not spend out of the 417. My character got fixed as of yesterday/today (noticed my not allocated skillpoints higher today)
    Good to hear that. I hope they will "fix" others too.

Just a question. If Shrine is Charging you 20350 gold, that means you have 407 skill point allocated to various skills etc. Is that correct ? (20350 / 50 = 407)
    I mean is that the actual amount of spend skill points if you count allocated skill points manually or via addon ?

I ask because in my case, shrine also charges me for one skill point that I miss. I have 420 skill points in total spend on various skills, but the shrine charges me for 21050 (21050 / 50 = 421).

Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on December 30, 2020 12:10PM
  • bradams
    bradams

I just want to point out that I believe you have used the wrong methodology to count the skill points you have allocated or assigned. I say this because the calculations you did should always return a positive value, or zero.

You mentioned using Urich's Skill Point Finder to see how many skill points you've allocated, and I believe that's where the issue lies, .......
    I would suggest using the SpentSkillPoints add on to count how many skill points you've spent, ......

I went back to redo it, after seeing you mentioning a fault.
    Urich addon reports 412of 457 (these are attained skill point and not allocated as indeed. Good point). So this addon isn't correct.

As of today I noticed my not allocated skill points are up from 9 to 13, so I guess ZOS did something!!!!

(20350-(394*50))/50 = 13

This is correct now! And I'm not missing skill point anymore since today!!!!

I'm glad it somehow got fixed for someone. I just wiped all mine to test through the shrine method, and I'm still getting charged 100g so I'm missing 2. I guess thankfully, my lack of faith in them to fix it has me uninterested in playing so I don't need to redistribute the skillpoints, making it easy for me to keep an eye on the affected character.
  • lovi
    lovi

Just a question. If Shrine is Charging you 20350 gold, that means you have 407 skill point allocated to various skills etc. Is that correct ? (20350 / 50 = 407)
    I mean is that the actual amount of spend skill points if you count allocated skill points manually or via addon ?

I ask because in my case, shrine also charges me for one skill point that I miss. I have 420 skill points in total spend on various skills, but the shrine charges me for 21050 (21050 / 50 = 421).

That was correct.

In the meantime I allocated some more and I'm being charged 20550, that's with a total of 417 skill points with 408 allocated and 9 not allocated.

(20550-(408*50))/50 = 3 (which is not correct anymore, since I have 9 unallocated) /sigh, what is going on

I use the addon to count the points, not manual.

Still something fishy going on though
  • Sinolai
    Sinolai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sinolai wrote: »

Please, let us know about your findings! If this method works consistently for everyone who has lost skill points, maybe it can get us closer to a solution? At the very least, it might help ZOS notice that it's a big problem, even after they claimed they solved it.

Took me a while to get this done. To my surprise, not all of my characters with skill reset have lost skill points equal to the amount of points I think I lost... Seems I have unmorhped the skill myself before the bug.

Confirmed characters still affected by the bug:

Breton Sorcerer - Andreas Moorton - 453 skill points, 2 skill points left after removing all points

Redguard Nightblade - Samuel Moorton - 291 skill points, 1 skill point left after removing all points (Both soul trap and WW from reset, Soul Trap later re-leveled and remorphed. WILL USE THIS AS A TEST CHARACTER TO REMORPH WW TOO)

Khajiit Sorcerer - Nuka-Do M'rtoon - 198 skill points, 1 skill point left after removing all points

ps. This operation cost me around 200K gold. I want my money and skill points back! D: (gonna make a ticket about that too after I recalculate how much I spent).

UPDATE: SKILL POINTS ARE STILL TRACKED AFTER RE-LEVELING AND RE-MORPHING LOST SKILLS. REMORPHING THEM IS THUS SAFE

Edited by Sinolai on December 31, 2020 5:11PM
  • Sinolai
    Sinolai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On the bright side, the fact the game still remembers how many points you should have is a good sign. They are not completely gone yet and there is hope of getting them back.
    Edited by Sinolai on December 31, 2020 4:28PM
  • bradams
    bradams
    Cool, I get to be the first person to make the joke about how they STILL haven't addressed the community about the unfixed skill point bug from back in 2020.