The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

werewolf skill still broken after 6.2.6

• Clyde_BlueSnake
    Clyde_BlueSnake
    ✭✭✭
    EDIT 2: Okay I was right the first time. Deafening Roar morph is also bugged as well for it seemed Major Breach isn't working, for the shattered health bar effect not applying on enemy health bars.
    Edited by Clyde_BlueSnake on November 24, 2020 9:39PM
    Main is Blue-Thuxis, a Argonian stamSorc, whose also is a werewolf! 2nd main, Cobalt-Thuxis, a Argonian stamArc, an identical twin sister to Blue-Thuxis, even is a werewolf as well! some alts:
    Nirn-Scale Rajthux (Argonian, Templar), Ros-Ei Nature-Thuxis (Argonian, Warden), Crimson-Thuxis (Argonian, DK), Bone-Thuxis Tharn (Argonian, Necro) Why Bone-Thuxis has Tharn as a last name:
    The siblings were separated at a young age due to a Dres slaver raid, Blue, Cobalt, Ros-Ei & their mother were able to escape, Crimson & Bone weren't that lucky. Crimson was later "rescued" by some Orcs that later ambushed the House Dres Dunmers, unfortunately one Dunmer remained & sadly successfully brought the young Bone-Thuxis to the Dres plantation. Later an Imperial, a Tharn, bought Bone at a auction & later told he was free, the young Argonian sadly had no idea where to go & doesn't know if his family was still alive, so the Tharn adopted him into House Tharn. This family of Argonians finally reunited years later.
    , Kenneth Clyde (Nord, Sorc), Selene Gray-Thuxis (Argonian, Nightblade), Urmanda (Orc, Warden)
    Some ESO history: I originally started from PS4 NA during June 10, 2015, I did reached CP 810+ on there. I eventually kinda got tired of paying PS+, so during February 4, 2019 I started moving to PC NA. Also CP: 810+. Nowadays I play ESO PC mostly, while PS4 is dust.
  • SpearofBitterMercy
    SpearofBitterMercy
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, this pretty much killed eso for me, rip 3000 hours. Hope you all get this fixed.
  • karthrag_inak
    karthrag_inak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This one thinks that perhaps, some how, he has gotten a few of his skill points mystically returned to him with most recent patch. Now Karth is known to sometimes believe in things that perhaps lack evidentiary merit - looking at you Great Alfiq, another witches festival wasted by the litterbox of sincerity - but still. It looks like perhaps some of this fiasco has been rectified somehow?
    PC-NA : 19 Khajiit and 1 Fishy-cat with fluffy delusions
  • Sinolai
    Sinolai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dakeyras wrote: »
    Is there any update anywhere about skillpoint refund?
    I can see that nothing has moved.

We recently identified the issue with the lack of skill point refunds from patch v6.2.6, and are working on rolling out a proper fix. This should be published in a future incremental patch - hopefully the next one in which the date is still TBD. Until then, you should be able to morph any skills without them un-morphing, as that fix has gone out to all platforms.

This probably means that the fix wont return the lost progress on skills and we have level up the skills again? Well, as long as the skill points are comong back I dont really mind that much.
  • itzatecah
    itzatecah
    ✭✭
    @Tommy_The_Gun you can safely morph it already. I did so straight away after v6..2.6 went live and haven't had any reseting happen
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, this pretty much killed eso for me, rip 3000 hours. Hope you all get this fixed.

Clearly this retroactively made those 3000 hours not enjoyable.
  • Ashryn
    Ashryn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've lost 3 skill points on my character Merinda Tumblethorn because of it reverting. For some reason, I also cannot see my werewolf skill bar anymore when I'm in were form.

PC/NA
    Edited by Ashryn on November 25, 2020 11:45PM
  • DimTh
    DimTh
    ✭✭

We recently identified the issue with the lack of skill point refunds from patch v6.2.6, and are working on rolling out a proper fix. This should be published in a future incremental patch - hopefully the next one in which the date is still TBD. Until then, you should be able to morph any skills without them un-morphing, as that fix has gone out to all platforms.

Thank you, i morphed the WW and Soul trap and working, i didn't lose again SP. So, we waiting you for
    the missing SP.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maintenance for the week of November 30:
    • PC/Mac: No maintenance – November 30

:/:/:/

So I guess it will be fixed after Undaunted event... more than a month of waiting... :cry:

Edit:
    I know this is not a priority for them at this point (over a month lol) but well... there are other bugs... Game is still crashing in dungeons... ...And we have Undaunted event coming. Imagine the experience for those who normally do not do group dungeons (they will do them only for event tickets)... I mean I was kinda hoping that ZOS will do another patch BEFORE the Undaunted event, just to prevent the overwhelming negativity...
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on November 28, 2020 1:08AM
  • Elvenheart
    Elvenheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FireSoul wrote: »
    Hi everyone, we're working on tracking what happened with this. To be clear, the fix only prevented from the skill from resetting and wouldn't have re-morphed your previously morphed skill.

As far as the missing skill point issue, if you are still missing skill points, please let us know your affected character, UserID, and if you play on NA or EU to aid in our investigation. Thank you!

I also have this issue. I reported a bug last month, no answer. (at least I thought I did)
    I have re-reported the bug.

I've wasted 3 points from since the patch was released because I was a *** who thought maybe WW Ults was simply reset and I had to redo the levelling again. (has kinda happened before on other skills)
    I've wasted the initial one and 2 attempts to level it.

Character: Briztrinae
    Account: @firesoul55
    Platform North America/PC

I provided a screenshot with USPF count (total skill points accumulated) and kill points spent, side by side.

195orry44olv.jpg

How nice @FireSoul you too saved Valaste 🙂
    Edited by Elvenheart on November 28, 2020 2:52PM
  • Varsuuk
    Varsuuk
    Soul Shriven
    Hi everyone, we're working on tracking what happened with this. To be clear, the fix only prevented from the skill from resetting and wouldn't have re-morphed your previously morphed skill.

As far as the missing skill point issue, if you are still missing skill points, please let us know your affected character, UserID, and if you play on NA or EU to aid in our investigation. Thank you!

Hey there.

I logged on the evening of the Markath patch. I was in nBRP for the first time. Something went wrong and my character went to use WW only it wasn't there, so I put it on my task bar and used it in a later try. Later, I saw it was unmorphed. It wasn't until hearing from others that I checked and found ALL my WW skills were hosed back at Lvl 1 (thought unmorphed but later saw were morphed)

Now, I have 2 WWs. The odd thing about my story is I don't know WHY my old Main "Sigurd of Steelwind" was in nBR... as I write this, I can't imagine late night that it was I played with him since he is messed up and overloaded with items. BUT - he is the one with all the hosed skills (morphs).

So - to give the pertinent data:

PlayerID: @varsuuk
    Sigurd of Steelwind - Nord DK - 50/810+ Used to be WW orphed to pack leader. I respecced him to try to do vMA as a WW dps. So last I left him I am PRETTY sure he was still Werewolf skill Berserker. He should have BOTH of those Ulti skills maxed. I might have maxed other skill morphs beyond the ones I had on my bar (if I redid any tank ones to be more dps'y for vMA - do not recall) - Sigurd had like 1-2 skills left prior to that night. Afterwards he had the same skill # free. At that point it was 1 and later I used it for scrying skill and later got some skyshards for more skill. He did NOT get any skills refunded.

Varsuuk - Imperial NB 50/810+ Used to be WW Beserker (and never skilled other morph I don't think) - his WW ultimate is back to one. I BELIEVE contrary to what I used to imagine since Sig's skills are the most hosed - that he is the one I used the WW skill on and rebarred it. Masybe that is why his WW SKILLS are still morphed at max skill? But I DOUBT I did THAT much XP in WW form that night - so I am at a loss still to explain the difference between both characters. I had NO idea how many skills he had prior or after. Sig was easy cos I had looked previously.

Please please, fix this for all of us and refund the skill point. If you are feeling generous during the holiday season - please also re-max the morph skill ;)

Let me know if you need any more data to troublshoot.
  • Varsuuk
    Varsuuk
    Soul Shriven
    One more thing - Soul Trap. I do not know and do not THINK I ever morphed Soul Trap. I believe I only ever spent points in the ability and the passives to give x% chance every kill.

I know I DID spend points morphing on my character Varakis (something last name - will need to look, he is newish also 50 now during the event) he I know did morph the Soultrap for the Magblade dps setup. I do not think I have played him (only logged on to skill crafting/decon) so I will check him and report back. Certainly I did not REBUY it so if that's the issue ansd only cause of lost points, I won't be bit. I thnk ;)
  • Varsuuk
    Varsuuk
    Soul Shriven
    OK - PlayerID: @Varsuuk

Character: Varakis Bloodfire

Soultrap morph (Consuming Trap) is still set. Though it is at about 20% into LEVEL 1. I find it hard to believe it wasn't maxed while he went 20s to 50 skilling during the x2 XP event... but that, at least, is recoverable in time without GM help needed (though appreciated if there is a record of it being LVL4)

=====

WW Issue - I checked USPF (Skill thing) and do not see any category for X or Y in WW line. Nothing for WW/Vamp broken out that I can see. Is there some option to set to see this? (Sigurd of Steelwind and Varsuuk both checked)

• KhajiitLivesMatter
    KhajiitLivesMatter
    ✭✭✭✭
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »
    I don't have any screenshots to verify any of this, but I don't think I got back my lost Skill Point, either:

(1) I believe I had 14 available unspent Skill Points before Update 28, and had Level IV of one of the morphs of Soul Trap (but I can't remember for certain which one) slotted on my abilities bar.

(2) After Update 28, that slot was empty on my abilities bar, and my Soul Trap ability was demorphed and reset back to Soul Trap I, yet I still had only 14 unspent Skill Points rather than 15. I reslotted Soul Trap I and quickly leveled it to Soul Trap IV, but held off on remorphing it.

(3) Very shortly after Update 28, I completed (soloed) Elden Hollow I for the first time ever and received 1 Skill Point for that, bringing me to 15 unspent Skill Points.

(4) After this morning's update, I still have 15 unspent Skill Points, rather than 16 as I was hoping.

But as I said, I don't have any supporting screenshots to either confirm or refute any of this, just my memory.

Server: PC NA
    Account: @SeaGtGruff
    Character: Michel Shaldon

just install ulrichs skill point finder
    will show u how much skill points u earend and from what source
    than u can compare thanumbers...
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you, @KhajiitLivesMatter! I don't use any add-ons, but that might be my very first one. :)
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • griffn
    griffn
    ✭✭
    Wait wait wait, do we have to manually inform a gm or something we are missing points to get our points back now?
  • Dakeyras
    Dakeyras
    So how exactly we need to inform about missing points, here or via ticket?
    Anyone got his skillpoints back?
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

No one has gotten those skill points back. They are working out a way to get them back to us, but it will be in a future incremental patch.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/551180/update-28-known-issues-updated-11-24-10-30am-est#latest
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    griffn wrote: »
    Wait wait wait, do we have to manually inform a gm or something we are missing points to get our points back now?

No, we will be running some tools on the backend to identify who needs any missing skill points refunded - you don't need to do anything on your end.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • BlissfulDeluge
    BlissfulDeluge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is the current total of skill points one can have this quarter of the year? Assuming you have done all the content available so far.
    Former completionist with all achievements unlocked up until Update 29 (Flames of Ambition). Avid RPer, writer, and former Breton lover. Then Legacy of the Bretons was released and I realized just how boring and uninspired the Bretons are according to the writers.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    griffn wrote: »

No, we will be running some tools on the backend to identify who needs any missing skill points refunded - you don't need to do anything on your end.
    Great to know.

I just hope the team will do the calculations right.

Last thing I would like to see is to wait over a month, just to receive a message like:
    "You have not missed any skill point, thus non were refunded" etc.

Or:
    "If you are still missing a skill point open a ticket to support"

...and effectively not fixing the issue , but swiping the issue "under carpet".

I am just worried.
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on November 30, 2020 8:05PM
  • noblecron
    noblecron
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anyone know if it's safe to respec even with a glitched werewolf skill? I don't want ot try and remove lycanthropy just remove a couple skills I don't need
    Edited by noblecron on November 30, 2020 8:30PM
  • Sinolai
    Sinolai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    noblecron wrote: »
    Anyone know if it's safe to respec even with a glitched werewolf skill? I don't want ot try and remove lycanthropy just remove a couple skills I don't need

The bug itself should be fixed and I recently remorphed my NB's Consuming Trap back without problem. My own fear however is wether it is going to affect their diagnostics if I level or remorph the skills.
  • ItsNihist
    ItsNihist
    Soul Shriven
    virtus753 wrote: »

No one has gotten those skill points back. They are working out a way to get them back to us, but it will be in a future incremental patch.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/551180/update-28-known-issues-updated-11-24-10-30am-est#latest

Many people have gotten their skill points back, many people have zero problems with their werewolf skill tree. I am one of them. I got all three of my skill points back and have never had a problem with werewolf since.

Please refrain from feeding ZOS false information from now on as it could cause miscoding in future patches. If you have a problem, by all means report it. But don't simply assume that it's broken for everyone, just because yours is broken.

It's false information like this that causes bugs to appear in the first place.
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ItsNihist wrote: »
    virtus753 wrote: »

Many people have gotten their skill points back, many people have zero problems with their werewolf skill tree. I am one of them. I got all three of my skill points back and have never had a problem with werewolf since.

Please refrain from feeding ZOS false information from now on as it could cause miscoding in future patches. If you have a problem, by all means report it. But don't simply assume that it's broken for everyone, just because yours is broken.

It's false information like this that causes bugs to appear in the first place.

ZOS is the one who provided that information in the first place (hence the link). They said the skill points were not refunded, which accords with the experience of myself, most everyone in this thread, and everyone I know in game. If you have evidence that they’re wrong about the failure and did manage to restore skill points, by all means write them to correct it. (And please restore my points while you’re at it.) But I was not the one looking at the backend and somehow convincing them to say something untrue. They were, and they came to their own conclusions, which they shared. My linking to what they’ve said is not “feeding” them anything at all.
  • EnOeZ
    EnOeZ
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am still mising my werewolf Ultimates Morphs...

Seem I am among the forgotten ones :'(@ZOS_GinaBruno
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EnOeZ wrote: »
    I am still mising my werewolf Ultimates Morphs...

Seem I am among the forgotten ones :'(@ZOS_GinaBruno

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/554727/update-on-next-incremental-patch/p1

"This patch will include fixes for some of the more prevalent game crashes - including those currently being experienced in dungeons and Trials - some console-specific crash fixes, refunds for missing skill points for PC players, and a few additional fixes. Note that we do still plan to start the Undaunted Event this Thursday, December 3."

"In an effort to get this patch out to everyone as quickly as possible, we are currently targeting December 7 for the next PC patch and December 9 for consoles."

Patch is scheduled on Monday, December 7th. So there is still hope...
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on December 4, 2020 2:32PM
  • Tehuantl
    Tehuantl
    ✭✭
    All my werewolf toons are affected by this. However only Nishtasha Tehuan lost skill points that I can tell. @Tehuantl on NA. I honestly don't really play much anymore. Maybe when things are fixed I will come back and do more.

I have reported both in game and in these forums with screenshots of the issue on day one.
  • Adderlen
    Adderlen
    Soul Shriven
    So patch is on the Live servers and I still dont got my skill points back =\ ty

PLEASE FIX IT, 36 DAYS HAS PASSED FROM THE START OF THIS ISSUE !!!

Characters:
    Dar'khasad (missing 2 skill points)
    Gorgo gro-Rush
    Siegrid Wolfgrasp
    Cyriel Nighthollow

Problem:
    Still no points refunded.

UserID:
    @Adderlen

Server:
    PC/EU
    Edited by Adderlen on December 7, 2020 12:57PM
    "Software has bugs"
  • Luke_Flamesword
    Luke_Flamesword
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yup, the same - no message, no points refunded...

@Luke_Flamesword PC/EU

PC | EU | DC |Stam Dk Breton