The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

werewolf skill still broken after 6.2.6

• noblecron
    noblecron
    ✭✭✭✭
    Honestly at this point I think its being swept under a rug and its just best to try and replace the skill point, re-roll a character or make a different build. I just went and replaced the skill points but might not be able to spec for 2 roles anymore
  • Khajiitihaswares
    Khajiitihaswares
    ✭✭✭
    noblecron wrote: »
    Honestly at this point I think its being swept under a rug and its just best to try and replace the skill point, re-roll a character or make a different build. I just went and replaced the skill points but might not be able to spec for 2 roles anymore

What it feels like...

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_BillE @ZOS_KaiSchober @ZOS_Adrikoth @ZOS_AntonioP @ZOS_ConnorG

Yo any of you guys alive and can give ETA or when patch to fix this issue is coming out? We're sitting the dark feeling like you want us all to forget this issue...
  • walisson7
    walisson7
    Soul Shriven
    Still missing skill points (2)...

Char: Wkon
    ID: @walisson7
    Server: NA/Steam

Ty!
  • Sinolai
    Sinolai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    noblecron wrote: »

My 5 years old main toon is among those. Done all content in game and collected almost every achievement in game (Just some PvP, God Slayer and Dawnbringer missing). Re-rolling is not really an option.
  • Khajiitihaswares
    Khajiitihaswares
    ✭✭✭
    Not surprised ZoS did not answer at all nor are they communicating. They might be trying sweep this under the rug it seems :/.

• LoganBraddock
    Two weeks with no updates, and I'm still missing 2 skill points. =/
  • Khajiitihaswares
    Khajiitihaswares
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah no updates or help... Seems they're quick to tease new features but try hide broken stuff. We want an update and they stay quiet. Reminds me of why I have hard time recommending this game to anyone... Less they get it for free or on G2A cheap its just not worth it with lack of help from ZoS and the constant sweeping issues under the rug :(... Is it so hard to give us a time frame of a fix for this?
  • Khajiitihaswares
    Khajiitihaswares
    ✭✭✭
    Ticket # 20121-003190

Others submitted in the past but still no updates on any tickets of this issue's fix.
  • Khajiitihaswares
    Khajiitihaswares
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_ConnorG Said to post here. Still no answer or ETA... Will remake post daily to keep this issue up front since your teams are failing to update us.
  • stefj68
    stefj68
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    submitted a thicket, and i got answer it was resolved on december 7th patch
    still missing 1-2 skillspoints on 7 characters
    how this is resolved?
  • Khajiitihaswares
    Khajiitihaswares
    ✭✭✭
    stefj68 wrote: »
    how this is resolved?

It isn't... They're pushing it under the rug. I am also missing points :/
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    how this is resolved?
    Well, I answered their email from support, saying that I did not got my Skill Point back (as they claim they fixed it in last patch).

And they wrote back:

Greetings!

Thank you again for contacting The Elder Scrolls Online customer Support.

The patch that was released on December 7th fixed the lost skill points issue for the majority of players.

However, if you did not get them back, we're currently investigating why some players did not get a skill point refund. When we have more information, we will update accordingly.
    You can read the patch notes here: PC/Mac Patch Notes v6.2.8

Thank you,
    The Elder Scrolls Online Team

This was on 9th December.
    I am hoping that it will take them 2 weeks (at best) - so they should write back next week, more or less December, 23rd. But I also take into account that Xmas is coming so they may work less or something like that.

Anyway, "sweeping this under the rug" is the worst they could do. If they can not refund me a skill point, then at least they should have the guts to tell me that. That way I would at least know that I can play normally and collect newer skill points & skyshards (have not touched Markarth zone yet).
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on December 18, 2020 9:49PM
  • stefj68
    stefj68
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Tommy_The_Gun
    thats exactly the answer i got too!
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guys guys guys. It's Christmas soon. The Devs have famillies too. You need to chill. It's not like this has been going unacknowledged since November and they had plenty of time to say something about it or anything ;)
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • bunnydaisuki
    bunnydaisuki
    ✭✭✭
    Ratzkifal wrote: »
    Guys guys guys. It's Christmas soon. The Devs have famillies too. You need to chill. It's not like this has been going unacknowledged since November and they had plenty of time to say something about it or anything ;)

I can only speak for myself. While I understand it's holiday season, and they need some rest, I'm not asking for an immediate fix, but at least some visibility and updates in regards to this bug.

The bug has been unresolved since 1.5 months ago, if anyone got their skill points back, it'd be great to voice it out here. The problem is, it seems that most if not all the affected players are still missing the skill points from this bug. I believe the frustration stems from the lack of updates on their respective tickets or forum posts to address this issue.

A little visibility on the progress doesn't hurt, and at least we can know what's going on.
    Please don't feed the goat, kthxbai.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maintenance for the week of December 21:
    • PC/Mac: No maintenance – December 21
    • PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – December 23, 4:00AM EST (9:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EST (14:00 UTC)
    • Xbox One: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance– December 23, 4:00AM EST (9:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EST (14:00 UTC)
    • PlayStation®4: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – December 23, 4:00AM EST (9:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EST (14:00 UTC)

Lets hope this is it... hope is the last thing we have left, right ? ;)
    Besides... "third time's a charm"... and this (hopefully) will be 3rd attempt to fix it lol :joy:
  • WolfJHavocb14_ESO

100% this. Considering how much @ZOS_GinaBruno has been replying about this, I think it's safe to say she simply has had no updates to share or has been busy. I know it sucks to be missing some skill points, but it's really not super game breaking and probably lower in priority. That said, I am sure they're tracking down what happened and why, as well as how to fix it. Game design is complex and hard, let's just give them some time.
  • Milchbart
    Milchbart
    ✭✭✭✭
    how this is resolved?
    Well, I answered their email from support, saying that I did not got my Skill Point back (as they claim they fixed it in last patch).

And they wrote back:

Greetings!

However, if you did not get them back, we're currently investigating why some players did not get a skill point refund. When we have more information, we will update accordingly.
    You can read the patch notes here: PC/Mac Patch Notes v6.2.8

Thank you,
    The Elder Scrolls Online Team

... we're currently investigating why some all players did not get a skill point refund ...

Fixed it!
  • Almakor
    Almakor
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe to make things easier they should just give a free skill point to all players. I'm no computer nerd but that might be easier than refunding the skill points.
  • Khajiitihaswares
    Khajiitihaswares
    ✭✭✭
    Bump. ZoS being uncommunicative at all still.
  • Husan
    Husan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ooof. I almost forgot about this. Is this what ZOS is hoping? That we just forget? Let's keep this thread alive boys.

Did ANYONE at all ever recieve their skill points back?

I reported Ginas post for "false information" several weeks ago but the patch notes still say:
    We are also refunding any skill points that were lost after Update 28 was released
    This is an outright lie and as such is against the community guidelines. It doesn't fall under the "honest mistake" anymore since by now Gina must know that it's false information. There is a button on the top right corner of the post. It's in the shape of the cogwheel. Why not use it and edit that out since it is not true?
    Edited by Husan on December 22, 2020 9:59AM
  • bradams
    bradams
    I haven't gotten any skill points back either. I got the same email as Tommy_The_Gun, except without the bold part that would suggest its still even being looked into. For what its worth, it seems like they are being slow to communicate in pretty much all forms, as I requested the code to join these forums about a week ago and literally just got it, when its supposed to take no more than 2 days.

This situation is insanely upsetting, as I got back into this game in September after not playing since release, and subscribed for the ESO Plus in October because I was having such a good time, but after all this, simply being left to assume that one of my characters is permanently gimped a few skill points and will always be inferior to every other player in the game, despite all the time iv put into them, has completely killed my interest. I was looking forward to the events, but now I can barely stomach the loading time to get in and do the 2 minute quest because I have no faith that one day, it wont just get taken away and the ESO team wont even give me so much as an update on why, just assurances that its been fixed for everybody else and that I'm out of luck.

What a reason to throw away customers. I know my 15$ a month doesn't mean that much, but I'm sure I'm not the only one who has had their desire to play taken away by the lack of honest communication about this issue.
  • redsaaryn
    redsaaryn
    ✭✭
    And here I am still waiting on my skill points to be refunded or be compensated in any other way for permanently losing those skill points...
  • Khajiitihaswares
    Khajiitihaswares
    ✭✭✭

100% this. Considering how much @ZOS_GinaBruno has been replying about this, I think it's safe to say she simply has had no updates to share or has been busy. I know it sucks to be missing some skill points, but it's really not super game breaking and probably lower in priority. That said, I am sure they're tracking down what happened and why, as well as how to fix it. Game design is complex and hard, let's just give them some time.

Replying once a week then putting everyone in dark. Sorry but I cover whole states hospital system on back end. If I communicated like how they did I wouldn't be making money I do nor have the job. Its not hard to throw updates at people. Holiday season is little to no excuse at this point since they couldve updated us last week and with an action plan on what theyre doing to resolve this. But currently they do not. Aka they lack customer service skill sets.
    Edited by Khajiitihaswares on December 22, 2020 9:48PM
  • Khajiitihaswares
    Khajiitihaswares
    ✭✭✭
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/552923/crash-to-desktop#latest

Seems a mod posted we won't see patch until January. So we have wait until then also no confirmation that jan patch will fix anyones issue until they reply to the comment of asking does it include this issue.

Mind you this is in CTD post... :/
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/7061139#Comment_7061139

"Just to clarify real quick: the maintenances tomorrow are server reboots and will not include any updates or patches. The next incremental patch will be in January, but we don't have the exact timing yet. "

The other bug (crashes to desktop) apparently is not getting fixed on the next maintenance, so I would not expect them to fix missing skill point :/
    However, I am not an expert but it seems that this bug is more like sever / account related and probably does not require any game client patch... so maybe, but I would not expect that :disappointed:

@ZOS_GinaBruno Any update on that ? Does tomorrow maintenance is there to fix / refund missing skill point bug ?
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on December 22, 2020 10:22PM
  • Varsuuk
    Varsuuk
    Soul Shriven
    I have received mails saying it was refunded for "most" players.

As far as I can tell (does anyone have a way in game or out to verify my lost point(s)?) my main Werewolf has 2 unmorphed skills - the Ulti and Hircine Shout (it is possible I was waitng to decide on this one after I respecced WW prior to the markarth bugged patch. If no one else lost non-ulti morph then I have to believe that was me.

NA - PC
    @Varsuuk
    "Sigurd of Steelwind" - missing one or two points (if shout base was lost, possibly non-related)
    "Varsuuk"- Missing only the Ulti morph.

Sigurd, I could tell from skill points before/after he did not have it refunded far as can determine. He lost it for sure, trickier due to OT PLAYING him waiting on WW then after patch thinking was fixed, I went out Scrying and shard hunting...

Varsuuk - I never looked at his skill points before Markath fiasco nor right after the "fix" patch so I cannot know at all, unlike Sig, whether he was fixed. I cannot ASSuME that because one was not fixed the other was not as well - but... one wonders.

I've tried to ASK them in /helps to let me know if can verify my missing point(s) (NOT fixing them) but they have never answered this direct question with yes or no.
  • stefj68
    stefj68
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bah so no fix for tomorrow, we going for 2 months with that bugs in :((( missing like 12 skills points
    not sure if we can actually morph the skills safely without loosing more
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still not received my skill point back... even after server maintenance. So I guess I will have to wait till next year :o

But, seriously, it would be nice to have an update on this, even if nothing has changed, some green text from Devs would be nice, to ensure that at least they are still looking into this...

@ZOS_BillE
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    @ZOS_SarahHecker
  • stefj68
    stefj68
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wow they supposely start refunding... i checked all my characters that were missing skills points and im still missing the same amout of skills points... 17 spread on 9 toons... none refunded...

hope we can get those fixed/refunded before u32

seriously

1) can we morph the werewolf skills safely?
    2) can we hope this will be fixed in 2021?

thanks for the communicaiton