The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 13
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

NA PC Megaserver dead

• Jarndyce
    Jarndyce
    ✭✭✭
    Finally got in. Now stuck in long loading screen to Deshaan.
    Options
  • Santargria
    Gotta a 200 then a sudden 103 error within a second

Ouch that's gotta hurt
    Options
  • mav1234
    mav1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like to note it is not just logging in to the megaserver. I am logged in and there is significant delay interacting with NPCs.
    Options
  • TheKingofSass
    TheKingofSass
    ✭✭✭✭
    Managed to log back in but there were still some other issues... Guild store wouldn't load at all, guild chat isn't working, except for zone chats. Its very buggy atm, I'm just gonna hop off to bed.
    "Remember, darkness does not always equate to evil, just as light does not always bring good."

Nifereti
    500 CP+┇Altmer┇Vampire Magblade┇AD
    Alyäia Morningstar
    500 CP+┇Altmer┇Vampire Magplar┇AD
    Poison Avy
    500 CP+┇Bosmer┇Werewolf Stamden┇EP
    Tronto Ebur
    500 CP+┇Imperial┇Frosted Tankden┇EP
    Azaerani
    500 CP+┇Dunmer┇Dovah Kendov MagKnight┇DC
    Options
  • SeaUnicorn
    SeaUnicorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Santargria wrote: »
    Gotta a 200 then a sudden 103 error within a second

Ouch that's gotta hurt

I think it randomly alternates errors to keep you entertained.
    Options
  • Kurat
    Kurat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    "Make sure you have a valid internet connection " lmfao
    Oh, I forgot. I got fake internet connection.
    Options
  • phwaap
    phwaap
    ✭✭✭
    Kurat wrote: »

Counterfeit internet connections are everywhere these days.
    Options
  • SshadowSscale
    SshadowSscale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mean for me it was no different than any other day.....account is already logged in......stuck in character load for 10+ minutes and finally made it into the game......been happening to me for about a month now so I just thought it was a new feature.
    Options
  • ZOS_SarahHecker
    ZOS_SarahHecker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just an update here:
    Hi all,

We will be taking the PC NA server offline shortly to address the ongoing login issues. We expect this maintenance to take around 2 hours. Thank you for your patience here.
    Options
    Staff Post
  • ganzaeso
    ganzaeso
    ✭✭✭✭
    It is just weird. I can log into accounts from one of my computers now on both EU and NA, but the other computer is only able to login to the EU server.
    (Math before coffee, except after 3, is not for me)
    Options
  • nk125x
    nk125x
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a PC EU server user all I can say is "Welcome to the club!"
    Options
  • precambria
    precambria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you ZOS for taking down the server to do maintain, wish it would be done more often.
    Options
  • SpiderKnight
    SpiderKnight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kurat wrote: »

I had my joke rubber ethernet cable plugged in, might want to check you didn't make the same mistake.
    Options
  • Deohjo
    Deohjo
    ✭✭
    Why not moderate the server 5head
    Options
  • scorpius2k1
    scorpius2k1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edited by scorpius2k1 on April 29, 2020 11:41PM
    🌎 PC/NA
    🐧 Linux (Arch)
    🧑‍💻 ESO Addon Dev
    ⚔️ Stamplar | Magplar | Stamcro | Magsorc | Magcro Healer
    Options
  • VelimOrthic
    VelimOrthic
    ✭✭✭
    Why do I have such a strong suspicion this is MM-related. I swear to god I've never had that suspicion before (even though at times I ought to have)
    Options
  • VelimOrthic
    VelimOrthic
    ✭✭✭
    don't forget our 2 (now) million gold you owe us, k?
    Options
  • ganzaeso
    ganzaeso
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why do I have such a strong suspicion this is MM-related. I swear to god I've never had that suspicion before (even though at times I ought to have)

Addons don't cause this kind of issue. You need to have the client logged in before addons can even be an issue.
    (Math before coffee, except after 3, is not for me)
    Options
  • SshadowSscale
    SshadowSscale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    second time in one week are we gonna try and go for 3?
    Options
  • worrallj
    worrallj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I canceled my sub.

When this game launched Shoddycast predicted that the cash shop heralded a coming wave of relentlessly orienting the game around microtransactions, and that the game itself would suffer for it. That's largely been borne out and acknowledged, but I'd go even farther. I believe the cash shop is the cause of these never ending performance problems. I believe that ZOS doesn't care about the core game itself because we've already bought it - they don't get any money by fixing something they already sold us. They only care about the latest bundle of reskinned assets they're going to sell you.

I no longer believe ZOS when they say they're prioritizing these fixes. The crown store is their source of income. It's in your face the moment you open the game. The crown store works great and always has tons of new stuff in it. The quest givers that try to make you buy DLC literally chase you around town.

The game itself gives them no direct income so long as there's a core of people willing to dish out for cash shop items. As a result, It's not the priority and it only degrades over time.
    Options
  • Joxer61
    Joxer61
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    worrallj wrote: »
    I canceled my sub.

When this game launched Shoddycast predicted that the cash shop heralded a coming wave of relentlessly orienting the game around microtransactions, and that the game itself would suffer for it. That's largely been borne out and acknowledged, but I'd go even farther. I believe the cash shop is the cause of these never ending performance problems. I believe that ZOS doesn't care about the core game itself because we've already bought it - they don't get any money by fixing something they already sold us. They only care about the latest bundle of reskinned assets they're going to sell you.

I no longer believe ZOS when they say they're prioritizing these fixes. The crown store is their source of income. It's in your face the moment you open the game. The crown store works great and always has tons of new stuff in it. The quest givers that try to make you buy DLC literally chase you around town.

The game itself gives them no direct income so long as there's a core of people willing to dish out for cash shop items. As a result, It's not the priority and it only degrades over time.

can I has your stuffs?
    Options
  • VelimOrthic
    VelimOrthic
    ✭✭✭
    ganzaeso wrote: »

Addons don't cause this kind of issue. You need to have the client logged in before addons can even be an issue.

As implied it's nearly impossible. But to be fair, lots of us have been able to log in through this, albeit sporadically.
    Options
  • worrallj
    worrallj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Joxer61 wrote: »
    I canceled my sub.

can I has your stuffs?

No. I'm an addict and will probably be back once I start jonesing.
    Options
  • Jakx
    Jakx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So why would a 2 hour primetime maintenance be needed after it was back and working fine? Getting ZOS'd. This couldn't wait till 4-5 AM tomorrow?

Joined September 2013
    Options
  • Thrasher91604
    Thrasher91604
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The curve has flattened.
    Options
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jakx wrote: »
    So why would a 2 hour primetime maintenance be needed after it was back and working fine? Getting ZOS'd. This couldn't wait till 4-5 AM tomorrow?

It's a more serious issue that if left till later, could cause a complete failure resulting in days to fix.
    Options
  • TineaCruris
    TineaCruris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I canceled my sub.

DING DING DING

Now give the man (or woman) thier prize!
    Edited by TineaCruris on April 29, 2020 11:36PM
    Options
  • arena25
    arena25
    ✭✭✭✭✭

LMAO, my guild was just today talking about that time when a new feature that the MM addon creator put in pretty much wrecked guild functionality in ESO for weeks on end.

I actually looked up MM on Minion earlier today...seems as though the feature which wrecked the servers back then (named "Turbo Mode") was very super powerful, to the point where even MM's addon creator pleaded people not to run it all the time. But people apparently didn't listen, and so began a multi-week saga which went something like this:

First: Guild functionality was wrecked.
    Second: All addons used by trading guilds was "broken" by Zeni, essentially leaving many trading guilds blind and also causing chaos in guild trader bids.
    Third: At ZOS request, Turbo Mode was removed from MM, but they still did not restore functionality.
    Fourth: Issues was fixed.
    Fifth: Almost all addons were allowed to be used again, with the exception of MM.
    Finally: MM was allowed to be used again after several weeks of offline, with severe restrictions on how MM can pull data.

I don't know if there's any connection, but MM has not been received API bumps for the last 2 patches (at least, if Minion is telling me correctly). It remains to be seen if Greymoor will mean the MM addon ceator will bump the API. Or if the addon creator decides to just not touch it ever again, to avoid drawing the wrath of ZOS.
    If you can't handle the heat...stay out of the kitchen!
    Options
  • shadyjane62
    shadyjane62
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Down again.
    Options
  • TineaCruris
    TineaCruris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    arena25 wrote: »

LMAO, my guild was just today talking about that time when a new feature that the MM addon creator put in pretty much wrecked guild functionality in ESO for weeks on end.

I actually looked up MM on Minion earlier today...seems as though the feature which wrecked the servers back then (named "Turbo Mode") was very super powerful, to the point where even MM's addon creator pleaded people not to run it all the time. But people apparently didn't listen, and so began a multi-week saga which went something like this:

First: Guild functionality was wrecked.
    Second: All addons used by trading guilds was "broken" by Zeni, essentially leaving many trading guilds blind and also causing chaos in guild trader bids.
    Third: At ZOS request, Turbo Mode was removed from MM, but they still did not restore functionality.
    Fourth: Issues was fixed.
    Fifth: Almost all addons were allowed to be used again, with the exception of MM.
    Finally: MM was allowed to be used again after several weeks of offline, with severe restrictions on how MM can pull data.

I don't know if there's any connection, but MM has not been received API bumps for the last 2 patches (at least, if Minion is telling me correctly). It remains to be seen if Greymoor will mean the MM addon ceator will bump the API. Or if the addon creator decides to just not touch it ever again, to avoid drawing the wrath of ZOS.

This outage is very unlikely to have been caused by an add-on. The suggestion it might be seems like a distraction actually.
    Options